American Idol Rankdown 3.0

sublymonal

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Munoz

idol-joe-munoz_240_0.jpg

My mom has been in the hospital so I've been busy being there with her that I totally forgot to do this. I know @*Diana did like what 4 write-ups? :dead: So let me just redo this this one and say I did it? I feel bad signing up for a rankdown and then not doing write-ups so let me clear my conscious even if this write-up means doesn't mean anything and doesn't change the result at all. :giggle:Joe Munoz was a contestant on Season 9 of American Idol. Joe's audition was not televised and his stay in Hollywood was not shown much, but for his final solo performance in which he sang "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson. He didn't get much airtime. After this solo performance he was placed in a holding room with Shelby Dressel, Haeley Vaughn, Maddie Penrose, Jessica Furney, Angela Martin, Didi Benami, Lee DeWyze, Lacey Brown, Aaron Kelly, Ashley Rodriguez, John Park, J.B. Ahfua and Janell Wheeler. It was revealed that everyone in the room had advanced. He eventually made the Top 24. During Top 24 week Joe sang "You and I Both" by Jason Mraz. He along with Tyler Grady were placed in the Bottom 2 among the male contestants for that week thus eliminating him from the competition. He hasn't done much else since Idol so I don't think anyone will miss him from this rankdown.

Save: The Two Contestants @*DianaSaved Initially

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Joe was robbed in season 9 by the way (and in this rankdown too I guess). One of the best/only good performances from the guys and he gets eliminated? Trash.

He was from my hometown so I was actually sad when he went home. :dead:

23 hours ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Kate Barnette

Season I don't remember

American-idol-2019-top-female-Kate-Barne

Damn it I really have to write 100 words about a semifinalist from a season I can't remember? I just randomly remember her singing Sunday Morning (and that it was terrible) and then she screamed her way through a duet with Pat Benatar. Andrew you are seriously killing me here. I'm sure an only semifinalists are cut round sounded good on paper, but it doesn't make for the most interesting or inspired write ups. Like, I purposely split write up into two words, rather than hyphenating them, because I am pretty sure that would count as an extra word that I would not have to write about Kate Barnette. Who says college paper writing tricks aren't useful in real life?

Save David Willis & Isabelle

It takes 1.2 seconds to Google! :haha:

Next round will be @Elliott & @JC's picks.

The rankers that will be cutting/saving are @Alex95 @*Chris @*Diana @Solaris @NGM @Weedy_Speedy @1234567890 @FrogLenzen

The contestants are:

Ayla Brown
Brad Estrin
Breanna Steer
David Radford
Garrett Jacobs
Johnny Keyser
Jonny Brenns
Jordan Sasser
Josh Holiday
Juliana Chahayed
Kory Wheeler
Leslie Hunt
Liahona Olayan
Logan Johnson
Matthew Metzger
Michael Simeon
Nicholas Pedro
Nick Merico
Reed Grimm
Sarah Mather
Spencer Lloyd
Thomas Stringfellow
Tim Halperin
Wyatt Pike

I will post the round tonight at 7PM EST (an hour and a half from now)

1 hour ago, sublymonal said:

Next round will be @Elliott & @JC's picks.

The rankers that will be cutting/saving are @Alex95 @*Chris @*Diana @Solaris @NGM @Weedy_Speedy @1234567890 @FrogLenzen

The contestants are:

Ayla Brown
Brad Estrin
Breanna Steer
David Radford
Garrett Jacobs
Johnny Keyser
Jonny Brenns
Jordan Sasser
Josh Holiday
Juliana Chahayed
Kory Wheeler
Leslie Hunt
Liahona Olayan
Logan Johnson
Matthew Metzger
Michael Simeon
Nicholas Pedro
Nick Merico
Reed Grimm
Sarah Mather
Spencer Lloyd
Thomas Stringfellow
Tim Halperin
Wyatt Pike

I will post the round tonight at 7PM EST (an hour and a half from now)

Cuts and saves can now be made!

Ayla Brown

Sleeping with a Stranger by Ayla Brown on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

As opposed to my last 2 cuts,  who I was very who? about.  I know Ayla and I didn't like Ayla while she was on American Idol.  She participated in the stacked 5th season of American Idol.  I know that at the time, many people thought Ayla would be one of the Top 12 finalists.  I was always hoping that sixth finalist would be Melissa and no Ayla.  Thankfully that turned out to be the case.  Ayla was sent home at the Top 16 round.  She sang Reflection in the Top 24, I Want You  To Need Me in the Top 20 and Unwritten in the Top 16.  I would say her best of the three performances was the overdone Reflection. (See Xtina's new version of this song from 2020's Mulan in my signature).

Save: The first two names i recognized on the list Reed & Nick.

Josh Holiday

Season 12

josh-holiday-american-idol-2013-hdr.jpg?

I'm cutting Josh Holiday simply because we don't need to include horrendous semifinalists just because we're horny! You all know my annoyances with Google image search, well when I searched "Josh Holiday" I got some random baseball player. So congrats to Idol's Josh Holiday for not even being the most famous person with his given name. He does have the accolade of being the first contestant to sing an original during a full aired performance round! ...too bad it sucked and he didn't move on lmfao. When you're a male from season 12 who makes Lazaro look bad by comparison, all I can say is yikes.

Save Twink Logan & Wyatt Pike

Garrett Jacobs

Garrett-Jacobs-american-idol.jpg

Apparently he made the top 150 last game so I'm just gonna cut him now before he overstays his welcome. He was on the 16th season of Idol. I assume he was supposed to be the "heartthrob" but he's really just a WGWG. I think the show really wanted to make him a thing so he was a lock for the top 24. For his first performance he sang "Treat You Better" and it was absolutely horrific. His Idol journey really should've ended there, but the judges decided to put him through to the top 14. Like I said, I think the producers really wanted Garrett to succeed. I wasn't crazy about any of the other semifinalists that got cut so it wasn't the end of the world. For the top 14, he decided to butcher "Raging Fire". Obviously it sucked and he didn't reach the top six in votes. For his final chance, he performed "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?". It was a very uninspiring performance, but still managed to be his best. The judges rightfully didn't see any potential in him improving and he got eliminated there. It's hard to argue with that decision.

Save Juliana & Breanna

• Sad 1

Liahona Olayan

OUwgE0m.jpg

Liahona Olayan was a contestant on Season 19 of American Idol. She sang an original song with her brother, oh joy another siblings pair I am cutting a part of. I am still confused on how her and Laila Mach made it past with that very awful performance and doing Rihanna that wrong.  She also sang some Meghan Trainor that wasn’t really that big of a show stopper performance lol. I am confused on how she made the top 24 in the first place actually lol. She was during the top 24 finally after another bad performance lol. I just never found her likeable at all and cutting her is not a big loss.

Saving: Spencer Lloyd & Sarah Mather

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Leslie Hunt

ab6761610000e5ebac94e03c2e82162bd5cb3f8d

I just went with the first name I remembered so I wouldn't miss the deadline this time. :dead: Sorry Leslie that I remember who you are. :lmao:Leslie Hunt was a contestant on Season 6 of American Idol. Leslie's audition was not televised nor was much her time during Hollywood Week. She did manage to make the judges' final forty. and later told her that she did enough to advance to the Top 24. During Top 24 week, Leslie sang "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin. She received enough votes to move on in the competition with that performance. It was Top 20 week that did her win when she sang sang "Feeling Good" by Cy Grant. She placed in the Bottom 2 for that week eliminating her from the competition alongside Alaina Alexander for the females.

Save: Johnny Keyser & Matthew Metzger