American Idol Rankdown 3.0

sublymonal

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, sublymonal said:

Round 3 will be @Weedy_Speedy and @*Diana's picks.

The rankers participating in this round are: @Alex95 @*Chris @Elliott @NGM @JC @1234567890 @Solaris @FrogLenzen

The nominations will be:

Alaina Whitaker
Aliceyn Cooney
Amelia Eisenhauer
Ann Marie Boskovich
Arianna Asfar
Ashley Hess
Becky O’Donohue
Casey Carlson
Chip Days
David Willis
Dominique
Eric Yoder
Evelyn Cormier
Haley Johnson
Isabelle
Janell Wheeler
Joe Munoz
Kate Barnette
Katelyn Epperly
Marque Lynche
Nasheka Siddall
Robbie Rosen
Sabrina Sloan
Vincent Powell

You can now make your cuts/saves!

Ashley Hess

American Idol' Top 10: Ashley Hess was robbed, say 45% of viewers -  GoldDerby

I sort of remember Ashley.  Is she a a blonde piano player?  Lets check youtube. Yes she played the piano during her performance of Fix You on the Top 14 round.  Meh.  I guess she had a memorable audition or something.  Her other 2 performances were Dreaming With a Broken Heart during the Top 20, and having now listened to it, was pretty solid.  Her Sir Duke leaves room for improvement.  She did a Duet with Jason Mraz, but I don't want to watch that.  Okay yea, it was her audition I remember, that was behind the piano and very good. Looks like she has some post show work, which I am sure is right up her alley for the fans.

Save: Alaina, Robbie

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On 7/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, sublymonal said:

Round 3 will be @Weedy_Speedy and @*Diana's picks.

The rankers participating in this round are: @Alex95 @*Chris @Elliott @NGM @JC @1234567890  @FrogLenzen

The nominations will be:
Aliceyn Cooney
Amelia Eisenhauer
Ann Marie Boskovich
Arianna Asfar
Becky O’Donohue
Casey Carlson
Chip Days
David Willis
Dominique
Eric Yoder
Evelyn Cormier
Haley Johnson
Isabelle
Janell Wheeler
Joe Munoz
Kate Barnette
Katelyn Epperly
Marque Lynche
Nasheka Siddall
Sabrina Sloan
Vincent Powell

Updated list!

Arianna Asfar

ngl I just looked at what names I didn't remember at all (there were a few) and threw them in a randomizer and that was my selection method. Arianna was a part of S8 for a hot minute, leaving at the semifinals after a pretty rought take on "The Winner Takes It All" by ABBA. From what little info I can find her audition was shown (Put Your Records On) so at least she wasn't completely invisible like other people were pre-lives. Aside from that she has some sort of involvement with Hamilton, but I'm too lazy to look into what she did post-Idol beyond that. So yeah, that's it for her in this rankdown.

Save: Sabrina, Katelyn

• Thanks 1

Casey Carlson

Casey Carlson's 'Idol' days may be numbered – Twin Cities

Casey Potter Carlson Goode Zeta Jones Bonina Brown Bader Ginsburg, AKA ""Quigley"" was a contestant on American Idol Season 8. She was in the annual "omg they forgot their lyrics" montage during Hollywood week, and yet she still made it through. Forgetting lyrics doesn't disqualify you from the competition and it doesn't mean that I don't like you, but unfortunately she barely made an impression once the voting started. She sang a song by The Police, featured in the video below, and it was not well-received. Not even Paula liked it lol. But she "had a lot of fun." Simon said she shouldn't be allowed to sing the song. If you need some cringe just FF to the judging at 1:58. So she made the Top 36 of Season 8 but that was it for Casey. She is now known as just Quigley, and I have no idea if she's like, TikTok famous or whatever but at least I tried to find something more current about my cut this time.

Save: Aliceyn and Vincent

Updated list:
Amelia Eisenhauer
Ann Marie Boskovich
Becky O’Donohue
Chip Days
David Willis
Dominique
Eric Yoder
Evelyn Cormier
Haley Johnson
Isabelle
Janell Wheeler
Joe Munoz
Kate Barnette
Marque Lynche
Nasheka Siddall

24 hours has passed, which means any of the rankers can make their cuts and saves. Remember, for each cut, you must save 2 contestants.

@*Chris hasn't posted his writeups yet, so his cuts/saves aren't official.

@Alex95 @Elliott @JC @1234567890 @Weedy_Speedy @*Diana @Solaris @NGM @FrogLenzen

Marque Lynche

American-Idol-Marque-Lynche-480x363.jpg?

I completely forgot about this so lemme do this now. Marque was a classically trained dancer on the third season of Idol. He sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" during the semifinals. It was a decent performance. A bit robotic, but he sang it well. He was in a group with Fantasia, Diana, and J-Hud so it's tough to argue with him not advancing. I think it might've been fair to let him single for the wildcard, but that didn't happen. I just learned he was the older brother of Michael Lynche from season 9. I never knew that and that's actually really interesting. Unfortunately Marque had some struggles after the show and he died from alcohol in 2015. That's very unfortunate. Frankly all these nominees could get cut and I wouldn't care. I had to make a cut though and I randomly landed on Marque.

Save Nasheka Siddall and Ann Marie Boskovich thanks to the randomizer

Kate Barnette

Season I don't remember

American-idol-2019-top-female-Kate-Barne

Damn it I really have to write 100 words about a semifinalist from a season I can't remember? I just randomly remember her singing Sunday Morning (and that it was terrible) and then she screamed her way through a duet with Pat Benatar. Andrew you are seriously killing me here. I'm sure an only semifinalists are cut round sounded good on paper, but it doesn't make for the most interesting or inspired write ups. Like, I purposely split write up into two words, rather than hyphenating them, because I am pretty sure that would count as an extra word that I would not have to write about Kate Barnette. Who says college paper writing tricks aren't useful in real life?

Save David Willis & Isabelle

Dominique
who-went-home-on-american-idol-tonight-l
Dominique Posey  is from Season 16 of American Idol. He began his Luke warm journey during the Nashville auctions. He sang "A Song for You" by Leon Russell for his audition and made it Hollywood week. Hollywood week he wasn't shown much at first. Dominique was shown in a group with Jurnee singing "Love Yourself" by Justin Bieber. Anyone signing Justin Bieber I should be justified in cutting. He also sang "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac which isn't over sung on this show or anything right? During the first live show Dominique was shown in Group 1. He sang "Ain't Nobody" by Rufus and Chaka Khan and "Wake Me Up" by Avicii in a duet with Aloe Blacc. He was eliminated at that point. I don't think he ever did anything note worthy despite singing some massive songs none were really a moment so I'll cut him now. I hope this is the right one considering there is no last name given lol

Saving: Janell Wheeler & Evelyn Cormier 

Edited by *Diana

Eric Yoder
68.jpg
I think because it's been way past 24 hours it says anyone can make the cut it doesn't say I can only make so might as well do two. Eric Yoder was a contestant on Season 3 of American Idol. If you're like me you're like um who? But Season 3 was so far gone that do you really blame me? Eric auditioned in Atlanta during season 3. He sang "Somewhere Out There" by James Ingram and Linda Ronstadt. During Hollywood, Eric was shown in Group 3. He sang "In the Still of the Night" by The Five Satins but was eliminated. He didn't make a lasting impression on me so I'll cut him. If this isn't allowed to make 2 cuts oh well someone steal this. :giggle:

Saving: Becky O’Donohue & Haley Johnson

Joe Munoz
unnamed.jpg

I really can't sleep so let me just finish this and hope it's okay because it's been well over 24 hours lol. Joe was from Season 9 and made it to the top 24. That is actually pretty impressive when you remember they never even aired his audition which put him in a very unfair advantage in some ways but I don't think it would have mattered much. He also was not shown much in Hollywood besides his final chance performance of Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson. I really think by top 24 he didn't stand much of a chance in a season with such strong characters and so little air time. I hope I didn't just do 3 different write ups for nothing.

Saving: Amelia Eisenhauer & Chip Days