What was the Worst battle in Season 18, 19, and 20?

British Man

Which Battle was the worst in its season?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Season 18 battles was your least favourite?

• Tate Brusa vs Anders Dreup - Circles
    • Levi Watkins vs Jamal Corrie - Counting Stars
    • Zan Fiskum vs Brittney Allen - Closer to Fine
    • Mike Jerel vs Zach Day - Adorn
    • Cam Spinks vs Kailey Abel - What Ifs
  2. 2. Which of these Season 19 battles was your least favourite?

• JusJon vs Payton Lamar - Dancing with a Stranger
    • Ian Flanigan vs Aaron Scott - Have You Ever Seen the Rain
    • Jim Ranger vs John Sullivan - Good as You
    • Tamara Jade vs Olivia Reyes - Hard Place
    • Madeline Consoer vs Eli Zamora - Nobody Wants to Be Lonely
  3. 3. Which of these Season 20 battles was your least favourite?

• Gihanna Zoe vs Halley Greg - Thinking Out Loud
    • Pia Renee vs Christine Cain - Baby
    • Jordan Matthew Young vs Keegan Ferrell - Calling All Angels
    • Jose Figueroa Jr vs Awari - You Say
    • Raine Stern vs Andrew Marshall - Adore You

I'm only allowed 3 polls, so I decided to only do the most recent seasons since you'd remember them.

And if you're asking "why these 5 battles?", it's because I took the bottom 5 from "Best The Voice S18, S19, and S20 Performances"

Tate vs Anders

Payton vs JusJon

Christine vs Pia

I actually remember Levi being good on counting stars, which is why I chose Tate vs Anders.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

S18: Very easily Levi vs. Jamal, but purely because of Jamal. Levi wasn't bad. Second place would probably be CammWess and Mandi Castillo's "Senorita" or Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins's "My Baby Loves Me". The rest of the battles were pretty okay that season. 

S19: JusJon and Payton's battle was a terrible pairing with a terrible song choice/arrangement, which sucks because Payton deserved so much better. However, I think from the video we've seen on Tori's Instagram, Tori Miller and Van Andrew's performance of "Exile" was definitely the worst battle that season. I also can't imagine Ben Allen and Sam Stacy's battle being anything but terrible from the clip we saw. 

S20: The majority of S20's battles were bad IMO, but I didn't hate Christine and Pia's battle which somehow is winning the poll? I think that Kenzie/JD, Anna Grace/Ainae, and Pete/Savannah had worse battles than Christine and Pia. Still, Andrew and Raine easily took the cake as the worst battle we've had in the last 3 seasons IMO. 

Edit: I think Dana and Devan's battle was also terrible and deserves mentioning. Nick's song choice was atrocious this season.

Edited by ikwonic

6 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

I didn't hate Christine and Pia's battle which somehow is winning the poll? I think that Kenzie/JD, Anna Grace/Ainae, and Pete/Savannah had worse battles

I think Christine/Pia is winning the poll because it felt rather messy and it never went anywhere. Kenzie/JD was good from both vocally imo. The only off moment in the Pete/Savanna was Savanna's opening line, the rest was perfect.

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I think Christine/Pia is winning the poll because it felt rather messy and it never went anywhere. Kenzie/JD was good from both vocally imo. The only off moment in the Pete/Savanna was Savanna's opening line, the rest was perfect.

I only hate Pete and Savanna's battle because they apparently cut out all of Savanna's good parts :(

Just now, ikwonic said:

I only hate Pete and Savanna's battle because they apparently cut out all of Savanna's good parts :(

Who said that? IIRC sources said Pete shined and Savanna was just decent. Considering what we actually saw, it seems like Pete was the one who had his good parts cut out.

Just now, FloorWax said:

Who said that? IIRC sources said Pete shined and Savanna was just decent. Considering what we actually saw, it seems like Pete was the one who had his good parts cut out.

Savanna said that lol

1 minute ago, ikwonic said:

Savanna said that lol

okay. I saw the post. I'm sad the performance was cut short. I love both of their tones, and I wish they got more solo time to shine.

23 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Why you put Cam/Kailey, Madeline/Eli, and Jose/Awari in this list??? These were not bad.

I'm also here wondering about Zan vs Brittney. Did anybody on IDF genuinely think that battle was bad?

• Like 2

• istersay changed the title to What was the Worst battle in Season 18, 19, and 20?
4 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Why you put Cam/Kailey, Madeline/Eli, and Jose/Awari in this list??? These were not bad.

"And if you're asking "why these 5 battles?", it's because I took the bottom 5 from "Best The Voice S18, S19, and S20 Performances""

I was a bit confused with the choices myself to be honest

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, British Man said:

"And if you're asking "why these 5 battles?", it's because I took the bottom 5 from "Best The Voice S18, S19, and S20 Performances""

ohhhh lol now I get it. what a crime to have Zan's battle be one of the bottom 5 though 😤

• Like 2

Levi vs Jamal- This song doesn’t work on singing competitions, and it showed here. Levi was much better, but he was just okay, and Jamal was off pitch a lot.
JusJon and Payton- Probably the only aired battle this season featuring two fodders. 

Pia vs Christine- Pia was okay, but not great here, and I really disliked Christine’s parts.

2 hours ago, British Man said:

Me too. Zan/Brittney was highly praised by IDF, while battles like Mandi/CammWess, Mandi/Sara and Ayana/Chelle were recieved way more harshly and yet avoided the bottom 5.

As for my answers:

S18 - As a whole, Tate vs Anders. Their voices just arent meant to blend, and it didnt go unnoticed by the coaches. But individually, Jamal was the worst performer.

S19- JusJon vs Payton takes it. I think he wasnt bad, but her tone and aggresive style just didnt fit the song and it ended up being a disaster.

S20- Pia vs Christine. I loved what Pia did with the song, but overall this was just chaotic and unorganized. Mess.

11 hours ago, ikwonic said:

S18: Very easily Levi vs. Jamal, but purely because of Jamal. Levi wasn't bad. Second place would probably be CammWess and Mandi Castillo's "Senorita" or Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins's "My Baby Loves Me". The rest of the battles were pretty okay that season. 

S19: JusJon and Payton's battle was a terrible pairing with a terrible song choice/arrangement, which sucks because Payton deserved so much better. However, I think from the video we've seen on Tori's Instagram, Tori Miller and Van Andrew's performance of "Exile" was definitely the worst battle that season. I also can't imagine Ben Allen and Sam Stacy's battle being anything but terrible from the clip we saw. 

S20: The majority of S20's battles were bad IMO, but I didn't hate Christine and Pia's battle which somehow is winning the poll? I think that Kenzie/JD, Anna Grace/Ainae, and Pete/Savannah had worse battles than Christine and Pia. Still, Andrew and Raine easily took the cake as the worst battle we've had in the last 3 seasons IMO. 

Edit: I think Dana and Devan's battle was also terrible and deserves mentioning. Nick's song choice was atrocious this season.

I liked this battle even though Ainae should've gone through 

25 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I liked this battle even though Ainae should've gone through 

No, I agree that Ainae should've gone through. She did better than Anna in that battle IMO. It felt like Anna was trying to do too much by making everything into a forced run while Ainae was a lot more subtle. Their voices didn't really mesh well though IMO and I don't think either of them did Amy justice like Loren Allred or Taylor Beckham and Jess Kellner did :(

S18: Tate vs. Anders - stylistic clash and a song that didn’t suit either. At least with “Counting Stars” Levi was passable (even if Jamal was anything but).

S19: Hot take, but Jim vs. John Sullivan purely because of song choice.

S20: Pia vs. Christine was a stylistic clash with a song that didn’t go anywhere, while Gihanna vs. Halley had tones that didn’t work well together.

• 1 month later...