Jump to content

Hoot and Kelly or Kenzie and Kelly?


Misirlou
 Share

Hoot and Kelly or Kenzie and Kelly?   

44 members have voted

  1. 1. Which pair do you prefer

    • Hoot and Kelly
      40
    • Kenzie and Kelly
      4


Recommended Posts

Kenzie never really appreciated her. Most of his speeches to her felt forced. Jake was also transparent about wanting Blake but his felt more genuine and grateful. I know they weren't in the same situation but still, look at how Cam handled it. Based on duet, it's not even close. Wintersong is probably my favorite coach duet of the last few season, if not ever

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

Kenzie never really appreciated her. Most of his speeches to her felt forced. Jake was also transparent about wanting Blake but his felt more genuine and grateful. I know they weren't in the same situation but still, look at how Cam handled it. Based on duet, it's not even close. Wintersong is probably my favorite coach duet of the last few season, if not ever

Really? I never got that from him. He seemed to be geniuenly grateful everytime he spoke to her. And I did like their journey, hope they continue to work together.

 

That being said, I voted for Hoot and Kelly. Overall their journey had more impact because of the fact that it was longer, Kelly was the only one who turned for him, and yeah, their live duet was way better. (I prefer Kenzie and Kelly`s studio though).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Really? I never got that from him. He seemed to be geniuenly grateful everytime he spoke to her. And I did like their journey, hope they continue to work together.

Maybe I mistook his awkwardness and shyness, idk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think Kenzie just wasn't a TV person. That might make him appeal more to a real country artist..but I think that's where the lack of chemistry between him and Kelly came. 

 

There were a lot of issues with Kenzie's run..he was someone that under most circumstances would have won...but I think being uncomfortable with the tv was a major one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

 

There were a lot of issues with Kenzie's run..he was someone that under most circumstances would have won...but I think being uncomfortable with the tv was a major one. 


I can’t think of a season he would have won. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FloorWax said:

 

Do you think he would've beaten Maelyn?


Nope. Dexter was popular with minivan and more consistent than Kenzie, yet he finished in third. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TeamAudra said:


Nope. Dexter was popular with minivan and more consistent than Kenzie, yet he finished in third. 

 

Fair. I guess Gyth was an example of how charisma could take you far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

 

Fair. I guess Gyth was an example of how charisma could take you far.


Yeah, its partially the charisma factor. More than anything, though...lack of confidence on that stage. Look at every single winner. None of them had that problem. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


I can’t think of a season he would have won. 

 

I can think of quite a few, tbh. But I mean demographic wise. Young talented male country singer with a good edit usually wins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mercfan3 said:

 

I can think of quite a few, tbh. But I mean demographic wise. Young talented male country singer with a good edit usually wins. 


“Young”

 

How old is Kenzie? How old are the male country winners? 
 

We haven’t had a young male country winner. Plus, you’re using a hypothetical contestant in that example. I’m specifically talking about Kenzie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

 

I can think of quite a few, tbh. But I mean demographic wise. Young talented male country singer with a good edit usually wins. 

I think the audience tends to prefer more mature men than younger country singers, sans a few exceptions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TeamAudra said:


“Young”

 

How old is Kenzie? How old are the male country winners? 
 

We haven’t had a young male country winner. Plus, you’re using a hypothetical contestant in that example. I’m specifically talking about Kenzie. 

 

IMO, Kenzie (especially if on Team Blake)..specifically..beats..

 

Javier, Jermaine, Cassadee, Chris Blue, Chloe Kohanski, Brynn Cartelli, and Chevel at least..

 

He came in second, half the board was convinced that he was going to beat Cam...Cam being one of the best vocalist and performers the show has ever had and on Team Blake..and now it's "Kenzie wouldn't have won any season." 

 

He lacks charisma..but he's a demo that draws fans, the right songs on Team Blake gets him the win in most seasons, IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

 

IMO, Kenzie (especially if on Team Blake)..specifically..beats..

 

Javier, Jermaine, Cassadee, Chris Blue, Chloe Kohanski, Brynn Cartelli, and Chevel at least..

 

He came in second, half the board was convinced that he was going to beat Cam...Cam being one of the best vocalist and performers the show has ever had and on Team Blake..and now it's "Kenzie wouldn't have won any season." 

 

He lacks charisma..but he's a demo that draws fans, the right songs on Team Blake gets him the win in most seasons, IMO. 


Agree to disagree. I looked at Facebook every week, and he had the worst reactions I can remember for a male country “frontrunner.”  He benefitted from a short season where he only needed two PVs to make the finale, and he didn’t exactly have worthy competition, especially in his lane. Once he got there, he was guaranteed at least 2nd because of lack of competition in his genre. Also, looking at that list, both Brynn and Chevel has to beat country singers to win the show. Chevel had to beat two of them from Team Blake. Kirk was far more popular with minivan than Kenzie was. And pimped. 
 

And Chloe had to beat Red, who was far more popular than Kenzie. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

 

IMO, Kenzie (especially if on Team Blake)..specifically..beats..

 

Javier, Jermaine, Cassadee, Chris Blue, Chloe Kohanski, Brynn Cartelli, and Chevel at least..

 

He came in second, half the board was convinced that he was going to beat Cam...Cam being one of the best vocalist and performers the show has ever had and on Team Blake..and now it's "Kenzie wouldn't have won any season." 

 

He lacks charisma..but he's a demo that draws fans, the right songs on Team Blake gets him the win in most seasons, IMO. 

If Lauren, who is far more talented than Kenzie, couldn't beat Chris Blue, i don't see at all how Kenzie would have beat him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

If Lauren, who is far more talented than Kenzie, couldn't beat Chris Blue, i don't see at all how Kenzie would have beat him.

male country singers normally do well on TV as compared to female country singers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...