Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#7 Posted)

#7!

The Clues:

- Could have something colorful in common with another Top 10 act

- Has a license to kill anyone with vocals

- Was eliminated in another show in a week in which the buzz should've been strong

7. Bee/Gladys Knight

Season 1: Third Place

latest?cb=20200116042012&f=1&nofb=1 gladys-knight-at-clive-davis-and-recording-academy-pre-grammy-gala-in-new-york-01-27-2018-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Bee - Chandelier

Bee - Locked Out Of Heaven

Bee - Wrecking Ball

Bee - What’s Love Got To Do With It

Bee - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

Bee - I Can’t Make You Love Me

Bee Unmasking

Coming in at lucky #7 is an insect that brought a lot of sweetness to TMS! Bee was certainly one of the more impressive acts during S1 and in general. The costume was designed well outside of the mask. If I had to pick my favorite parts, they would be the wings and the open stinger with the four thin black legs on it. Finally, the honeycomb-like collar was a nice design touch. Beyond that, Bee gave us some of the strongest vocal performances on the show. Speaking of which, let’s get right into it.

Bee began her TMS run with Chandelier, which is a difficult song to sing. However, she gave a strong vocal, and I was very familiar with the voice from the get-go. :yes: She followed that with Locked Out Of Heaven, which was a lot of fun. My favorite parts were the “uhs” and Joel McHale's booty shaking dance. :lmao: With that said, the drapes in the background were kind of distracting. Bee then gave one of my favorite vocal performances the next time she took the stage with Wrecking Ball. Funny enough, I’m not a Miley Cyrus fan, but WB is a song I’ve always liked. It’s in my Top 5 S1 TMS performances, and I’d go as far as saying Bee’s version is my favorite rendition of the song. She came back the next time with What’s Love Got To Do With It. She was vocally strong as always; however, my favorite parts are the hip shakes during the pre-chorus and Ken’s actions during the whole performance. Next was A Natural Woman, which was a very soulful performance. With that said, the main thing I noticed was her mouth moving underneath the mask’s mouth. In addition to this, Kelly kind of spoiled me on the song because all I can hear is the whistle note during the “you make me feel so alive” part. :haha: Back to Bee, she would make it to the finals where she sang a really pretty version of I Can’t Make You Love Me. If there was anything to criticize over this performance, it was the rising platform and the creepy looking dancers. Having said that, I hoped she’d at least finish in the Top 2; however, she placed third when it was all said and done. I think the main thing that hurt her was the perception of the performance not being as dynamic as Peacock’s or Monster’s; then again, who really knows how the voting works in this show. Regardless, she was unmasked as R&B/soul legend Gladys Knight. I knew it was her from the beginning. I picked up on the hints from the first clue package, with the main one being empress because her nickname is The Empress of Soul. Hearing her sing from the first note confirmed it. I loved how almost everyone, from the regular panel to the guest singers, knew it was her almost instantly. Kenan Thompson was all “everyone knows that’s Gladys Knight”. Speaking of whom, I liked his speech to her after her unmasking. Of course, Ken had to be contrarian and was adamant about Bee being Anita Baker. :lmao: The last thing I’ll say is that I would definitely buy any recordings of the songs Bee sang because she still has the voice, plus I think she’s the best of the soul divas to do the soul and slayed her more contemporary performances. Overall, Bee was one of the best acts of S1 and one I highly enjoyed.

07. Bee/Gladys Knight:

I'll explain the first clue. The something colorful in common was referring to the colors black and yellow. Bee's costume was black and yellow, as are bees in general. In addition, Black And Yellow is a song by Wiz Khalifa AKA Chameleon, who is in the Top 10 of this ranking along with Bee. The other two clues were already explained.

The Sensational Six:

Monster

Fox

Rottweiler

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

The clues for #6:

- Fell short against it natural rival in another habitat

- Microphone checka, swingin' sword lecture; closin' down the sector, supreme neck protector

- Was invited to fill up a tank and hit the road with a band

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#7 Posted)