Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (S6 #04-01 Posted)

45. Raven/Ricki Lake

Season 1: Eliminated Sixth Episode

latest?cb=20200116041649&f=1&nofb=1 gettyimages-1153767064.jpg?itok=UC5XOyo4&f=1&nofb=1

Raven - Rainbow

Raven - Bad Romance

Raven - Brave

Raven Unmasking

Clue: Spoke daily on the airwaves nevermore

Ricki Lake hosted a daytime talk show aptly titled The Ricki Lake Show. Nevermore is a saying from the raven in the classic Edgar Allen Poe poem The Raven (also aptly titled).

Flying in to lead the set is Raven. Raven was someone who had a lot of sincerity and heart in her performances (Rainbow, Bad Romance, and Brave). I guess it was easy to see she was going through something in her life, which was later revealed to be the death of her ex-spouse. The costume itself was OK although I felt it could’ve been a little better, especially the mask. Raven was eventually unmasked after Brave and was revealed as none other than Ricki Lake. I had a feeling it was her based on the clues. In addition, Robin knowing it was her based on how she put her hand over her heart like she used to in her talk show was pretty perceptive. Also, Ken having to give up his crown after incorrectly guessing her was hilarious. :lmao: All in all, Raven was an act that soared while on stage.

44. Orca/Mark McGrath

Season 5: Wildcard (Eliminated Sixth Episode)

MS-S5_BACKDROP_ORCA_V1.jpg?fit=inside%257C*:312&f=1&nofb=1 mark-mcgrath-photo-u18?fm=pjpg%26q=80&f=1&nofb=1

Orca - We're Not Gonna Take It

Orca - Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Orca Unmasking

Clue: Wails some killer tunes every morning or other times of the day

Wails some killer tunes is a reference to killer whales, also known as Orcas. Every Morning is a Sugar Ray song, and Mark McGrath was the front man of the band. I didn’t get the Killer Karaoke reference, but now I see it was a game show McGrath hosted. :haha:

Swimming in from the deep blue is Orca. Outside of Bulldog, who was an honorable mention, Orca is the first of the S5 Wildcard acts to appear in this ranking. First, the costume was pretty cool although the mask itself looked heavy; I have no idea how he was able to keep his head up. His two performances (We’re Not Going To Take It and Every Rose Has Its Thorn) were solid (although for some reason I thought he had more than that), plus he had a nice stage presence. He would be eliminated after ERHIT, which I didn’t have much of a problem with because of the other acts he was against, and was revealed to be Sugar Ray lead singer Mark McGrath. I kind of had a feeling it was him because of his voice. Overall, Orca was someone who was OK but not an act I would consider to be a huge favorite.

43. Whatchamacallit/Lonzo Ball

Season 4: Group B (Third Eliminated)

2000?cb=20200911042026&f=1&nofb=1 Premiere%2BColumbia%2BPictures%2BVenom%2BArrivals%2Btq9lmJnNwPAx.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Whatchamacallit - I Wish

Whatchamacallit - Money Maker

Whatchamacallit - Lean Back

Whatchamacallit Unmasking

Clue: Perfect name for something unidentifiable despite being a triple letter brand

Who knows what a Whatchamacallit is. :haha: The triple letter brand is a reference to BBB (Big Baller Brand), a business venture of Lonzo Ball and his family.

First, I will say Whatchamacallit is one of the more unique concepts of TMS. The costume full of red, white, and blue hair and having only one eye was cool albeit a bit creepy. The act itself was pretty cool; he definitely had some swag on stage. His three performances (I Wish, Money Maker, and Lean Back) were good, with I Wish being my personal favorite because I love the song. However, I knew he wouldn’t last too long as he was eliminated in the last round of the Group B Playoffs alongside Serpent. He would be unmasked as NBA player Lonzo Ball. The best parts were Nicole’s first impression guess being Uncle It (seriously, this was worse than her guessing Squiggly Monster as one of the Ying Yang Twins :dead:) and Ken going bananas because he got him right. :dead:

42. Black Widow/Raven-Symone

Season 2: Eliminated Sixth Episode

rs_964x1024-190925121459-1024x964.the-masked-singer-black-widow-lp.92519.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 NINTCHDBPICT000590176787.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Black Widow - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Black Widow - Before He Cheats

Black Widow - Believe

Black Widow Unmasking

Clue: Venomous act that shares a name with a costume from the upcoming set

Black widows are known for their poisonous stings. Black Widow was Raven-Symone, and she has the same name as the act Raven who appears in this set with her.

Up next is a small but extremely deadly creature. The costume isn’t one of my favorites; the body is nice but the mask could’ve been better. With that said, I thought all three of her performances were solid with my favorite being her last one Believe. She won the head to head battle against Leopard in the first Group B episode after her performance of I Wanna Dance With Somebody. In addition, she continued to do the show after breaking her arm; having the dancers wear slings in Believe was a nice touch. She would be eliminated after Believe and was revealed to be Raven Symone. I wouldn’t have minded if she lasted longer; however, she was my pick to go based on the acts who performed that night. I think Black Widow was an OK act but one that would be near the middle of the pack for me.

41. Tree/Ana Gasteyer

Season 2: Eliminated Tenth Episode

2000?cb=20200116160833&f=1&nofb=1 latest?cb=20180523015349&f=1&nofb=1

Tree - High Hopes

Tree - Think

Tree - No Excuses

Tree - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Tree - The Edge Of Glory

Tree Unmasking

Clue: Came from great comedy roots

A play on words for Tree (trees grow from roots) and comedy (Ana Gasteyer is a singer/comedian).

Closing out this set is Tree. Tree is someone who I underrated going into this ranking. I guess the main reason is because I wasn’t too fond of the costume, especially the head. However, she proved to be a really strong singer and gave some great performances during her time on the show. In addition, I loved the way her body swayed when she moved. If I had to pick my favorite performance, it would be Total Eclipse Of The Heart because it really showed her vocal prowess. Not only that, it allowed her to win the head to head against Thingamajig; this was after she won the head to head battle against Ladybug in the first Group B episode. The victory against Thingamajig was short lived, however, because she was eliminated the following week and thus had to unmask. Tree turned out to be Ana Gasteyer, which Jenny got right. While I think this isn’t a bad spot, Tree is someone I’d rank higher if I were to re-do this ranking.

45. Raven/Ricki Lake:

44. Orca/Mark McGrath:

43. Whatchamacallit/Lonzo Ball:

42. Black Widow/Raven-Symone:

41. Tree/Ana Gasteyer:

We're roughly at the halfway point! Here are the clues for 40-35 in no particular order:

- Amphibian + Mollusk = surprise revelation

- Animal that could not pitch a complete game

- One of ten of a family that is said not to be of our world

- Peel at your own peril; it could be toxic

- Rodent that doesn't need a makeover

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (45-41 Posted)
On 7/8/2021 at 7:12 AM, Crisis said:

Everything's been fine. I just wanted to get away for a bit.

50. I was going to rank her lower but realized I liked more than initially thought. Penguins are cool, so I don't blame you there. :haha: 🐧

48. Aw, I thought the costume was kind of cool. Oh well, we don't have to agree on everything. Agree with everything else.

46. It was one of the craziest costumes. :haha: He wasn't that bad for a non-singer. I can see that regarding the last sentence. :giggle:

That you did! We'll see about the next set.

Oops, just responded to the same thing in your other thread but :hug: 

- I see. :haha: They are! :wub: 

- It was mainly the face that creeped me out. :dead: 

- For sure. I agree! And you can see that he's cute? 😮 I'm so glad. 😮 😛 

45. Raven/Ricki Lake: I thought she did well, especially in the first season's cast. She wasn't a favorite, but I didn't mind her. I didn't notice about the costume, but now that you mention it... the body part of costume (outside of the wings) doesn't look like much. :lmao: Oh well. I love how Robin picked up on the hand gesture to guess her.

44. Orca/Mark McGrath: How funny you thought it was him when the judges had no clue. :dead: I was surprised by this reveal but then I am not all that familiar with his voice. I agree that mask does look really heavy. :omg:  I also thought he had more than two performances... strange. I enjoyed Orca, although I had other favorites. This was the toughest clue for me to figure out though so I'm so happy I got it! And :shock: at not even purposely making a Killer Karaoke reference. You literally said "killer tunes" too. Crazy how that matched up. :dead: 

43. Whatchamacallit/Lonzo Ball: Well oops, I was wrong about the brand thing but I still got the clue right and that's what counts. :giggle: This sure was an interesting costume. I thought he was fun enough although :dead: at Nicole's guess. I still think the Ying Yang Twin guess was worse. :lmao:  But this was all so funny.

42. Black Widow/Raven-Symone: I've always been a fan of Raven so I enjoyed Black Widow (despite the creature) and wish she had lasted longer. Wow, only three performances. :( She has a great voice though and did well. I forgot about her breaking her arm. :broken: 

41. Tree/Ana Gasteyer: I didn't care for her as much as you but she did well. :lmao: at your comments on the costume, especially because the head looks so happy. :giggle: I also like how the tree swayed. She won a battle against ThingAmAJig? 😮 I didn't remember that. I'm not familiar with her outside the show but was always curious about who was under this mask.

- Amphibian + Mollusk = surprise revelation: Kermit the Frog as Snail. 😢 :haha: 
- Animal that could not pitch a complete game: I'm guessing Rhino/Barry Zito with the baseball reference and him not making the finals. 
- One of ten of a family that is said not to be of our world: Must be La Toya Jackson as Alien. 
- Peel at your own peril; it could be toxic: Banana... because Bret Michaels is the lead of the band Poison. 
- Rodent that doesn't need a makeover: Mouse... Dionne Warwick has a song called "Don't Make Me Over." That's a fun clue. :haha: 

12 hours ago, miss denise said:

- For sure. I agree! And you can see that he's cute? 😮 I'm so glad. 😮 😛 

45. Raven/Ricki Lake: I thought she did well, especially in the first season's cast. She wasn't a favorite, but I didn't mind her. I didn't notice about the costume, but now that you mention it... the body part of costume (outside of the wings) doesn't look like much. :lmao: Oh well. I love how Robin picked up on the hand gesture to guess her.

44. Orca/Mark McGrath: How funny you thought it was him when the judges had no clue. :dead: I was surprised by this reveal but then I am not all that familiar with his voice. I agree that mask does look really heavy. :omg:  I also thought he had more than two performances... strange. I enjoyed Orca, although I had other favorites. This was the toughest clue for me to figure out though so I'm so happy I got it! And :shock: at not even purposely making a Killer Karaoke reference. You literally said "killer tunes" too. Crazy how that matched up. :dead: 

43. Whatchamacallit/Lonzo Ball: Well oops, I was wrong about the brand thing but I still got the clue right and that's what counts. :giggle: This sure was an interesting costume. I thought he was fun enough although :dead: at Nicole's guess. I still think the Ying Yang Twin guess was worse. :lmao:  But this was all so funny.

42. Black Widow/Raven-Symone: I've always been a fan of Raven so I enjoyed Black Widow (despite the creature) and wish she had lasted longer. Wow, only three performances. :( She has a great voice though and did well. I forgot about her breaking her arm. :broken: 

41. Tree/Ana Gasteyer: I didn't care for her as much as you but she did well. :lmao: at your comments on the costume, especially because the head looks so happy. :giggle: I also like how the tree swayed. She won a battle against ThingAmAJig? 😮 I didn't remember that. I'm not familiar with her outside the show but was always curious about who was under this mask.

- Amphibian + Mollusk = surprise revelation: Kermit the Frog as Snail. 😢 :haha: 
- Animal that could not pitch a complete game: I'm guessing Rhino/Barry Zito with the baseball reference and him not making the finals. 
- One of ten of a family that is said not to be of our world: Must be La Toya Jackson as Alien. 
- Peel at your own peril; it could be toxic: Banana... because Bret Michaels is the lead of the band Poison. 
- Rodent that doesn't need a makeover: Mouse... Dionne Warwick has a song called "Don't Make Me Over." That's a fun clue. :haha: 

- I can see how people feel that way about him. He's not a bad looking guy by any means. There hasn't been any pretty ladies who have done the show thus far (or at least ones that are more my type). At least Nicole is there to fill the eye candy quota for me.

45. Pretty much agree here. As for Robin, he and Nicole were pretty good at guessing the acts in the early seasons. Now, they're nearly as bad as Ken, especially Nicole (still love her, though 😊).

44. I listened to a few Sugar Ray songs in the past, so I was able to pick up his voice. It was funny the judges had no clue; I think he looked offended when the judges didn't guess him correctly. :haha: It is crazy how the clue matched up. :haha:

43. Yeah, getting the clue correct is the most important thing. I would still go with this one as Nicole's worst because at least the Ying Yang twins are real people. :dead:

42. Can't say I disagree with anything written here.

41. I guess I realized I liked her a lot more than I initially thought. Yep, she bested him in the ninth episode, and this is coming from someone who likes ThingAmAjig more (he hasn't appeared yet after all). I wasn't familiar with her outside of the show either, mainly because I don't watch SNL or any other things she's been in that much.

We'll see about these guesses...

40. Alien/La Toya Jackson

Season 1: Sixth Place

latest?cb=20200116042103&f=1&nofb=1 latoya-jackson-ca62f0b906d3746a.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Alien - Feel It Still

Alien - Lovefool

Alien - Happy

Alien - Ex's & Oh's

Alien Unmasking

Clue: One of ten of a family that is said not to be of our world

La Toya is one of ten of the famous Jackson siblings. The not to be of our world part is a reference to the alien costume.

Leading off the Top 40 is Alien. Alien was someone who had an interesting beginning due to the panel thinking she wasn’t as strong of a singer as some of the other acts. However, she used that as fuel to give stronger performances as she went through the competition. I think she really came into her own in her final performance (Ex’s & Oh’s). With that said, I thought she was the weakest remaining at the time of her elimination, so I wasn’t too heartbroken over it. She was unmasked as La Toya Jackson; I had a feeling it was her from the clues and her voice because the Jackson women have the same sweet quality to their singing voices. Apparently this wasn’t LaToya’s last appearance in a Masked Singer series because she appeared in the Spanish version of TMS as Menina (Girl) two years later. :haha:

39. Banana/Bret Michaels

Season 3: Eliminated Twelfth Episode

The-Masked-Singer-banana-435x500.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 image?url=https:%252F%252Fstatic.onecms.io%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252Fsites%252F20%252F2019%252F06%252Fbret-michaels.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Banana - A Little Less Conversation

Banana - Achy Breaky Heart

Banana - Lean On Me

Banana - Sweet Home Alabama

Banana - Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Banana - Brick House

Banana Unmasking

Clue: Peel at your own peril; it could be toxic

Bananas are fruit that can be peeled. Toxic refers to the rock band Poison which Bret Michaels is the frontman of.

Banana was someone who was fun to watch. It was easy to see he put a lot of energy and effort into his performances and that he enjoyed his experience on TMS. In addition, his costume was just as wacky with the weird eyes and goofy smile. With that said, he had a rough going with his second performance (Achy Breaky Heart) due to him forgetting the words at some spots. He rebounded next week with Lean On Me, and his other performances were solid. He was unmasked in Week 11 after losing the head-to-head against Rhino and later the Smackdown against Kitty and was unveiled as Bret Michaels. What was hilarious was Sharon Osbourne getting him immediately and everyone but Ken guessed him (I believe Ken thought Banana was Brad Paisley). :haha: Speaking of Rhino...

38. Rhino/Barry Zito

Season 3: Fourth Place

2000?cb=20200201020109&f=1&nofb=1 rawImage.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Rhino - Have A Little Faith In Me

Rhino - Nice To Meet Ya

Rhino - Tracks Of My Tears

Rhino - What A Man Gotta Do

Rhino - 10,000 Hours

Rhino - Die A Happy Man

Rhino - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

Rhino - Humble And Kind

Rhino Unmasking

Clue: Animal that could not pitch a complete game

Barry Zito is a former MLB pitcher. The complete game refers to starting pitchers pitching the entire game (usually nine innings); also, it’s a play on words in that Rhino didn’t win or make it to the finals.

One of the most emotionally vulnerable acts on TMS was Rhino. Most of his performances tugged at the heart strings in some form. Now having said that, my favorite performance was Nice To Meet Ya, for he moved around and had fun in it. As for the costume, it was one of the better designed ones with the hat and goggles. He had a nice run; however, he went as far as he was going to go because the acts he was up against (Frog, Turtle, and Night Angel) were really consistent and strong. He was unmasked as former MLB pitcher Barry Zito. One of the craziest things after his unmasking was verifying he had a cameo in JAG after the panel gave Ken crap for being stuck on it the whole season. You know Ken felt vindicated after that. :haha:

37. Mouse/Dionne Warwick

Season 3: Group B (Second Eliminated)

MS-S8_Mouse_MB0443_V4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 gettyimages-1097945994.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Mouse - Get Here

Mouse - This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)

Mouse Unmasking

Clue: Rodent that doesn’t need a makeover

Mice are rodents of course. Dionne Warwick has a song titled Don’t Make Me Over.

Gracing us with her presence is Mouse. Mouse was one of TMS’s most gorgeous costume designs. I loved the flowing skirt and the flowers that adorned the costume. As for her time on TMS, she had some really nice performances. With that said, it was easy to tell she was an older singer based on her voice. Sadly, she only lasted two episodes and had to unmask. Mouse was none other than singing legend Dionne Warwick. It was easy to tell it was her because her voice is very distinct. I will say she sounded better here than when she was in the AI S5 finale 15 years ago. She’s someone who I wouldn’t have minded if she lasted longer, but she was in a tough group and I don’t know how much farther she would’ve gone.

36. Snail/Kermit The Frog

Season 5: Group A (First Eliminated)

img_2020-edited.jpg?w=1588&f=1&nofb=1 l-intro-1601411424.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Snail - You Make My Dreams (Come True)

Snail Unmasking

Clue: Amphibian + Mollusk = surprise revelation

Frogs are amphibians and snails are mollusks, so this is self-explanatory. :haha:

Closing out the set is one of the most memorable acts. Snail was an interesting costume design-wise. It looked as if it moved with wheels instead of feet. In addition, the hat on top of the shell was certainly peculiar; I guess there was no room on the head. Anyway, his performance of You Make My Dreams (Come True) was solid; however, it would be his only performance as he was eliminated later that night. In one of the most surprising unmaskings in TMS history, Snail turned out to be the legendary muppet Kermit The Frog. After his hat was removed, no one came out. However, Niecy looked in the costume and freaked out saying there was something in there. :lmao: Next thing you know, Kermit’s hands came out and Kermit himself appeared! Seeing him made me disappointed he didn’t last longer; nonetheless, his revelation is one of the biggest watercooler TMS moments. I would've loved to rank him higher, but I think this is a good spot for him. At least he's in the upper half of the ranking!

40. Alien/La Toya Jackson:

39. Banana/Bret Michaels:

38. Rhino/Barry Zito:

37. Mouse/Dionne Warwick:

36. Snail/Kermit The Frog:

The clues for 35-31 (in no particular order):

- Ain't nobody has a voice that's as large and intimidating

- Cold-blooded creature who wants to know if its sexual

- Fire-breathing leader of a future learning academy

- Pinchers grabbing a movie treat

- Trying to emerge from its hard shell of a former group

13 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

- Amphibian + Mollusk = surprise revelation - Snail 

- Animal that could not pitch a complete game - Rhino

- One of ten of a family that is said not to be of our world - Alien

- Peel at your own peril; it could be toxic - Banana

- Rodent that doesn't need a makeover - Mouse

These are all correct!

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (40-36 Posted)

- Ain't nobody has a voice that's as large and intimidating - Miss Monster

- Cold-blooded creature who wants to know if its sexual - Serpent

- Fire-breathing leader of a future learning academy - Dragon

- Pinchers grabbing a movie treat - Crab

- Trying to emerge from its hard shell of a former group - Butterfly

On 7/13/2021 at 7:28 AM, Crisis said:

- I can see how people feel that way about him. He's not a bad looking guy by any means. There hasn't been any pretty ladies who have done the show thus far (or at least ones that are more my type). At least Nicole is there to fill the eye candy quota for me.

45. Pretty much agree here. As for Robin, he and Nicole were pretty good at guessing the acts in the early seasons. Now, they're nearly as bad as Ken, especially Nicole (still love her, though 😊).

44. I listened to a few Sugar Ray songs in the past, so I was able to pick up his voice. It was funny the judges had no clue; I think he looked offended when the judges didn't guess him correctly. :haha: It is crazy how the clue matched up. :haha:

43. Yeah, getting the clue correct is the most important thing. I would still go with this one as Nicole's worst because at least the Ying Yang twins are real people. :dead:

41. I guess I realized I liked her a lot more than I initially thought. Yep, she bested him in the ninth episode, and this is coming from someone who likes ThingAmAjig more (he hasn't appeared yet after all). I wasn't familiar with her outside of the show either, mainly because I don't watch SNL or any other things she's been in that much.

We'll see about these guesses...

I understand. :haha:  OMG ouch at saying there haven't been any pretty ladies on the show yet. :omg: :dead:  Dang. Although the next comment makes it better. :lmao: I wouldn't say this guy necessarily filled that role for me lol but I was pleasantly surprised at the unmasking. :giggle:  But then there were definitely some others that were it for me. :heartbounce: :heartbounce: I bet you have no idea who!

- It's so sad but funny how the guesses have gone. :lmao:  

- I've heard a song or two, but don't know his voice well enough to identify. Good job to you though. :yes:  LOL I'll have to watch that back and see. :giggle: It really is!

- Yay me. :giggle: I suppose that's true. :dead: 

- Understandable. Ahh, thanks for the reminder. 😮 I do know he hasn't appeared yet. :shiftywave:  Oh yeah, me neither. 

I hope to catch up on the next set tonight. :shiftywave: 

40. Alien/La Toya Jackson: I thought she had more performances. 😮 She did well, but wasn't a favorite of mine. OMG she went on another version of TMS too? What the heck? :lmao: It seems like a show you could only do once, but.... I might welcome some returnees. :giggle: 

39. Banana/Bret Michaels: I agree he was fun and I enjoyed him. I also like the costume. LOLLL Sharon coming on and knowing it was him right away was so funny. Of course Ken would refuse to follow her guess. :lmao: 

38. Rhino/Barry Zito: I liked Rhino from the start and couldn't decide for the longest time if he was actually a singer. 😮 I was so curious who he was and had no idea, until it was spoiled to me somewhere, lol. I did really like him, although I felt he stayed a bit too long at the end... which especially got to me considering he outlasted Astronaut. :broken: I also liked his costume though. AND LOL THE JAG THING is forever one of my favorite moments in TMS history. :dead: I cannot believe how that happened!

37. Mouse/Dionne Warwick: Only two performances. 😮 It is a bit surprising. I'm not so familiar with her voice to know it was her, but I knew it was an older singer. 

36. Snail/Kermit The Frog: :wub:  I actually did not expect him to rank this high but I'm happy about it. :giggle: King Kermit was robbed! lol I didn't think about the hat but if it was on Snail's head it'd have to cover his eyes... or balance above them? :lmao:  I don't know. But I really enjoyed his one ( :broken: ) and did not think he deserved to go home. So sad. The unmasking was truly epic! That and Sarah Palin have to be the best ones. :dead: I rewatched both so many times. Hahaha I can picture all of what you said in my head. Poor Kermit deserved to stay but oh well. :broken: We still got an amazing moment from him.

- Ain't nobody has a voice that's as large and intimidating:  Miss Monster/Chaka Khan... "Ain't Nobody" is one of her songs and monsters are large and intimidating (like a previous monster clue :giggle: ). 

- Cold-blooded creature who wants to know if its sexual: omg at this lyric reference. :dead:  That's part of a BSB song, of course... so this must be Crocodile (cold-blooded animal)/Nick Carter. 

- Fire-breathing leader of a future learning academy: Dragon/Busta Rhymes. Dragons breathe fire and I just learned about his group Leaders of the New School, so this checks out. :haha: 

- Pinchers grabbing a movie treat: I can only think of Crab because of the pinchers.

- Trying to emerge from its hard shell of a former group: Butterfly/MIchelle Williams makes sense for both parts of this although "hard shell" nearly gave me a heart attack. :dead:  :ph34rwave: 

23 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

- Ain't nobody has a voice that's as large and intimidating - Miss Monster

- Cold-blooded creature who wants to know if its sexual - Serpent

- Fire-breathing leader of a future learning academy - Dragon

- Pinchers grabbing a movie treat - Crab

- Trying to emerge from its hard shell of a former group - Butterfly

We'll see...

19 hours ago, miss denise said:

I understand. :haha:  OMG ouch at saying there haven't been any pretty ladies on the show yet. :omg: :dead:  Dang. Although the next comment makes it better. :lmao: I wouldn't say this guy necessarily filled that role for me lol but I was pleasantly surprised at the unmasking. :giggle:  But then there were definitely some others that were it for me. :heartbounce: :heartbounce: I bet you have no idea who!

- It's so sad but funny how the guesses have gone. :lmao:  

I hope to catch up on the next set tonight. :shiftywave: 

I haven't been lucky in that department so far; maybe there will be someone in S6 who will catch my eye (although it would be short lived due to them wearing masks during most of their time on the show). At least there were some who appealed to people who are attracted to guys. :haha: I don't have any idea who these guys are as far as the last sentence is concerned. :lmao:

It really is. :haha:

It looks like you did. Now I shall comment.

40. Alien/La Toya Jackson: I thought she had more performances. 😮 She did well, but wasn't a favorite of mine. OMG she went on another version of TMS too? What the heck? :lmao: It seems like a show you could only do once, but.... I might welcome some returnees. :giggle: 

39. Banana/Bret Michaels: I agree he was fun and I enjoyed him. I also like the costume. LOLLL Sharon coming on and knowing it was him right away was so funny. Of course Ken would refuse to follow her guess. :lmao: 

38. Rhino/Barry Zito: I liked Rhino from the start and couldn't decide for the longest time if he was actually a singer. 😮 I was so curious who he was and had no idea, until it was spoiled to me somewhere, lol. I did really like him, although I felt he stayed a bit too long at the end... which especially got to me considering he outlasted Astronaut. :broken: I also liked his costume though. AND LOL THE JAG THING is forever one of my favorite moments in TMS history. :dead: I cannot believe how that happened!

37. Mouse/Dionne Warwick: Only two performances. 😮 It is a bit surprising. I'm not so familiar with her voice to know it was her, but I knew it was an older singer. 

36. Snail/Kermit The Frog: :wub:  I actually did not expect him to rank this high but I'm happy about it. :giggle: King Kermit was robbed! lol I didn't think about the hat but if it was on Snail's head it'd have to cover his eyes... or balance above them? :lmao:  I don't know. But I really enjoyed his one ( :broken: ) and did not think he deserved to go home. So sad. The unmasking was truly epic! That and Sarah Palin have to be the best ones. :dead: I rewatched both so many times. Hahaha I can picture all of what you said in my head. Poor Kermit deserved to stay but oh well. :broken: We still got an amazing moment from him.

- Ain't nobody has a voice that's as large and intimidating:  Miss Monster/Chaka Khan... "Ain't Nobody" is one of her songs and monsters are large and intimidating (like a previous monster clue :giggle: ). 

- Cold-blooded creature who wants to know if its sexual: omg at this lyric reference. :dead:  That's part of a BSB song, of course... so this must be Crocodile (cold-blooded animal)/Nick Carter. 

- Fire-breathing leader of a future learning academy: Dragon/Busta Rhymes. Dragons breathe fire and I just learned about his group Leaders of the New School, so this checks out. :haha: 

- Pinchers grabbing a movie treat: I can only think of Crab because of the pinchers.

- Trying to emerge from its hard shell of a former group: Butterfly/MIchelle Williams makes sense for both parts of this although "hard shell" nearly gave me a heart attack. :dead:  :ph34rwave: 

40. Pretty much agree with your thoughts about her performances. I wonder if she'll be the Jason Warrior of TMS and appear on as many versions as possible. :lmao:

39. Again, I agree with your thoughts. I expected nothing less from Ken regarding his contrarian guess. :haha:

38. I'm starting to sound like a broken record again, but again I agree with your thoughts. I can imagine how tough it was to see him outlast Astronaut though Rhino wasn't bad. The JAG thing is one of the most epic TMS moments. :lmao:

37. I would've liked to see her have more than two performances. Oh well.

36. Once again, agree with everything here. This is definitely one of the most iconic unmaskings in TMS history! :haha: I especially would've had him outlast Raccoon at least.

As for the guesses, we'll see. I didn't realize I recycled a previous clue. :dead: Oh well, I won't change it now. :dead:

10 hours ago, Crisis said:

I haven't been lucky in that department so far; maybe there will be someone in S6 who will catch my eye (although it would be short lived due to them wearing masks during most of their time on the show). At least there were some who appealed to people who are attracted to guys. :haha: I don't have any idea who these guys are as far as the last s

It looks like you did. Now I shall comment.

40. Pretty much agree with your thoughts about her performances. I wonder if she'll be the Jason Warrior of TMS and appear on as many versions as possible. :lmao:

39. Again, I agree with your thoughts. I expected nothing less from Ken regarding his contrarian guess. :haha:

38. I'm starting to sound like a broken record again, but again I agree with your thoughts. I can imagine how tough it was to see him outlast Astronaut though Rhino wasn't bad. The JAG thing is one of the most epic TMS moments. :lmao:

37. I would've liked to see her have more than two performances. Oh well.

36. Once again, agree with everything here. This is definitely one of the most iconic unmaskings in TMS history! :haha: I especially would've had him outlast Raccoon at least.

As for the guesses, we'll see. I didn't realize I recycled a previous clue. :dead: Oh well, I won't change it now. :dead:

I see. :(  LOL true about the masks... you have to know who they are already and admire... the rest of them. :giggle::dead:  Thank you. lol I sure hope that's not true. :giggle: 

😄 

- Oh goodness. :lmao: 

- :haha: 

- I love all the agreement! I know Rhino wasn't bad and I did like him, but... you know. :broken: lol it was!

Let us never forget. :wub: 

- I'm surprised she only had two. 😮 

- Yay! Hahaha yes... and for suure!

lol only partially. You could but that would only give me more information. :giggle: 

On 7/16/2021 at 5:51 PM, miss denise said:

I see. :(  LOL true about the masks... you have to know who they are already and admire... the rest of them. :giggle::dead:  Thank you. lol I sure hope that's not true. :giggle: 

- Oh goodness. :lmao: 

- I love all the agreement! I know Rhino wasn't bad and I did like him, but... you know. :broken: lol it was!

Let us never forget. :wub: 

- I'm surprised she only had two. 😮 

- Yay! Hahaha yes... and for suure!

lol only partially. You could but that would only give me more information. :giggle: 

Yeah, but only if the costume reveals enough to admire. :/ :haha: Maybe I'll find out who they are sooner or later. 😉 :haha:

- We'll see. :lmao:

- Yeah, it would probably be the same for me should it happen to any of my favorite acts although I try to be reasonable about it. Yes, we can never forget! :lmao:

- Same.

- 👍

At least it was only partially. Since I'm about to post the next set, it won't make any sense to do so now. :haha:

35. Butterfly/Michelle Williams

Season 3: Eliminated Ninth Episode

rs_992x1024-190903102423-1024.the-masked-singer-butterfly-lp.9319.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 1414129857327_Image_galleryImage_NEW_YORK_NY_OCTOBER_23_Si.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

Butterfly - Bang Bang

Butterfly - Livin’ On A Prayer

Butterfly - Don’t Know Why

Butterfly - Sorry Not Sorry

Butterfly - Believer

Butterfly Unmasking

Clue: Trying to emerge from its hard shell of a former group

Butterflies emerge from cocoons (hard shells) after they were caterpillars (I have a feeling I know which act that nearly caused Denise to have a heart attack :giggle:). Michelle Williams was a member of the R&B group Destiny’s Child and is often thought of as the most overlooked one. The clue is a play on both Michelle and butterflies.

Flying into the Top 35 is Butterfly. First, I have to say I wasn’t much of a fan of the costume. The color scheme and wings didn’t fit the image of a butterfly, IMO; in fact, I would go as far as saying it resembled a moth more than a butterfly. As for her performances, they were all solid. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Sorry Not Sorry. Unfortunately for her, it wasn’t good enough as she lost the head-to-head against Fox and had to compete in the Smackdown against ThingAmAjig. She put up a valiant effort with Believer; however, she lost the Smackdown and had to unmask right after. She was unveiled to be Michelle Williams. I kind of had a feeling it was her because her voice sounded familiar though she hardly had a chance to use it as a member of Destiny’s Child. I think it was good for her to be on the show, if only to show she is talented herself because she is often the punching bag of DC. Regardless, this is a solid spot for her to land.

34. Crocodile/Nick Carter

Season 4: Third Place

2000?cb=20200917132932&f=1&nofb=1 050216-nick-carter-lead.jpg?itok=iwKkistD&f=1&nofb=1

Crocodile - It’s My Life

Crocodile - Toxic

Crocodile - Bleeding Love

Crocodile - I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing

Crocodile - Silent Night

Crocodile - Open Arms

Crocodile Unmasking

Clue: Cold-blooded creature who wants to know if it’s sexual

Crocodiles are reptiles who in turn are cold-blooded creatures. The who wants to know if it’s sexual part is a reference to a lyric in the Backstreet Boys song Everybody (Backstreet’s Back), of which Nick Carter is/was a member of (I believe Nick even sang that part in the song :haha:).

Crocodile is the first finalist act to appear in the ranking. Crocodile is one of the most polarizing acts from TMS. With that said, it had little to do with him and more to do with the season’s format. The S4 semifinals format was the last two members from each group competed against each other and the act with the highest votes was to move on to the finals. Crocodile was matched against Seahorse, who was one of the most popular and consistent acts that season, and advanced to the finals which engendered some very strong opinions. Personally, I preferred Seahorse (she has yet to appear in this ranking), but Crocodile wasn’t terrible by any means, and I didn’t attack or blame him for Seahorse’s elimination. Crocodile was a strong performer in his own right and gave some solid performances. I would say my favorite was Toxic because it was so different from the original. He placed third and was revealed to be Nick Carter. Crocodile was someone who left a mark on TMS.

33. Crab/Bobby Brown

Season 5: Eighth Place

Crab-Unmasked-Bobby-Browns-Kids-Guessed-He-Was-Masked-Singer-002.jpg?w=700%26quality=86%26strip=all&f=1&nofb=1 JHJ23BQANHWJAIIQDWMQRUYQ64.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Crab - Ain’t No Sunshine

Crab - Give It To Me Baby

Crab - In The Air Tonight

Crab Unmasking

Clue: Pincers grabbing a movie treat

First, I meant to say pincers and not pinchers. 😅 Crabs have pincers of course. The movie treat in question is popcorn, which is a reference to the New Edition song Popcorn Love. Bobby Brown is/was a member of New Edition.

Crab is the second of three S5 Wildcards (excluding Bulldog, of course) to appear in this ranking, meaning Yeti is the highest placing WC (when will he show up is a different story 🤔). Back to Crab, he was someone whose voice I felt familiar with but couldn’t put a name to it. His Ain’t No Sunshine performance was one of the more emotionally charged performances on TMS. However, things didn’t look too good for him after his second performance because he was overheating under the mask and had to go backstage to get some air; for a second I thought he would unmask himself a la Gremlin. Fortunately, everything was OK and he continued onward. He would be eliminated in Week 7 and was unveiled to be Bobby Brown. I thought it sounded like him from the first performance; however, it wasn’t until his second performance that I was sure it was him. He looked like he was going through some hard times, so I think doing something like this was good for him.

32. Miss Monster/Chaka Khan

Season 3: Group A (Third Eliminated)

ms-s3_02-monster-white_0242_v1_f.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 chaka-khan-attends-the-rock-art-love-ball--art-auction-benefiting-the-homeless-world-cup-in-new-york-city..jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Miss Monster - Something To Talk About

Miss Monster - Fancy

Miss Monster - You Don’t Own Me

Miss Monster Unmasking

Clue: Ain’t nobody has a voice that’s as large and intimidating

Ain’t Nobody is a song by the group Rufus, of which Chaka Khan was the lead singer. The voice that’s as large and intimidating is a double entendre, for it’s a reference to Chaka having one of the biggest voices and monsters are thought of to be large and intimidating.

Now appearing is the second of the three monster costumes (excluding Squiggly Monster). The costume was a similar design to S1’s Monster with the differences being a different color scheme and a few embellishments to make it more female. Miss Monster gave some very solid performances during her brief stay on the show. Her performance of Something To Talk About had a cute moment when someone dressed in the Monster costume joined her on stage (it would’ve been better if Monster took the mask off and was revealed to be the act who wore it in S1 :giggle:). She would go on to give two more performances before she was eliminated in the Group A Championships Round. There was some outcry because it was thought White Tiger should’ve been eliminated instead, but it is what it is. Miss Monster was unmasked as R&B/Soul legend Chaka Khan. Chaka has a very recognizable voice, so I figured it was her. I would’ve definitely liked to have seen her last longer, oh well.

31. Dragon/Busta Rhymes

Season 4: Group A (First Eliminated)

the-masked-singer-dragon-fox-20093492.jpeg?auto=webp%26width=1200%26height=1380%26crop=1200:1380,smart&f=1&nofb=1 1681136301.jpg?w=1200%26h=0%26zc=1%26s=0%26a=t%26q=89&f=1&nofb=1

Dragon - Mama Said Knock You Out

Dragon Unmasking

Clue: Fire-breathing leader of a future learning academy

Dragons are mythical creatures that are often described as having the ability to breathe fire. The leader of a future learning academy is a reference to Busta Rhymes’ first group Leaders of the New School.

The act just missing the Top 30 is Dragon. First, I have to say this is one of the best designed costumes. I loved how menacing the head looked and how the body gave off an Eastern vibe. His performance of Mama Said Knock You Out was really strong and dare I say the best of the night (OK, at the very least he was tied with Sun, so hopefully no one throws any tomatoes at me). Sadly, it was his only performance as he was the first S4 act to be eliminated and unmasked. He was revealed to be hip-hop legend Busta Rhymes. I grew up listening to a lot of hip-hop/rap and Busta has always been one of my favorite rappers. I knew it was him from the first few words because his voice is instantly recognizable to a majority of hip-hop/rap fans. I think Nicole knew it was him based on her reaction early into the performance due to their collaboration on Don’t Cha. Needless to say I was disappointed he was the first one out and would’ve loved for him to last much longer. At least he has the honor of being the highest ranked first boot in this ranking!

35. Butterfly - Michelle Williams:

34. Crocodile - Nick Carter:

33. Crab - Bobby Brown

32. Miss Monster - Chaka Khan:

31. Dragon - Busta Rhymes:

We're now in the Top 30! This is where things really start getting difficult because I like all of the acts remaining. Anyhow, here are the clues for 30-26:

- Could not reign supreme in TMS the way its parents did on the big screen

- It wasn't nice to tell a prickly lie

- Legend that has been blooming for a long time whether on its own or with others

- The youngest to sting the competition in its habitat

- Treat that had something which led to the demise of some people in a different setting

• Like 1

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (35-31 Posted)

- Could not reign supreme in TMS the way its parents did on the big screen - Sun

- It wasn't nice to tell a prickly lie - Robopine

- Legend that has been blooming for a long time whether on its own or with others - Flower

- The youngest to sting the competition in its habitat -  Bee

- Treat that had something which led to the demise of some people in a different setting - Popcorn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

- Could not reign supreme in TMS the way its parents did on the big screen - Sun

- Legend that has been blooming for a long time whether on its own or with others - Flower

- Treat that had something which led to the demise of some people in a different setting - Popcorn

Agreed with all of these except I feel like the first one is Lion- considering Rumer's parents are Bruce Willis and Demi Moore, both are big actors in Hollywood

On 7/18/2021 at 4:34 PM, Crisis said:

Yeah, but only if the costume reveals enough to admire. :/ :haha: Maybe I'll find out who they are sooner or later. 😉 :haha:

- Yeah, it would probably be the same for me should it happen to any of my favorite acts although I try to be reasonable about it. Yes, we can never forget! :lmao:

At least it was only partially. Since I'm about to post the next set, it won't make any sense to do so now. :haha:

I don't know if I should make any further comments on this. :dead:  And maybe you found out who they are awhile ago. :giggle: 

I was reasonably sad. 😢 

:giggle: 

35. Butterfly - Michelle Williams: lol my mention. But oh your comments on the costume are interesting... 😮  I feel the colors are fine, but I see regarding the wings and the shape. Maybe you should join the costume design team. :giggle: I agree her performances were good and it was nice for her to showcase herself on the show. I couldn't really tell that was her vocal at first, even though I've heard her sing in DC. I wasn't really a fan of her voice there but I liked her more here.

34. Crocodile - Nick Carter: Yess, Nick does sing that BSB lyric and the group is still going strong. :teeheewave:  Oh, he's the first finalist to appear. 😮 I was a bit surprised he was going to rank here, although we're getting high up. I didn't realize he was polarizing but ughhh that format. :(  Seahorse was my favorite, but I loved Crocodile too, so it was a lose for me either way. :broken: I think he did what he had to with his performance to advance. I really enjoyed his whole run on the show and ooh yes, Toxic was a stand out. ❤️ 

33. Crab - Bobby Brown: Oops, I didn't catch the typo and definitely didn't get the popcorn part of the clue. :haha: But aww Crab... I felt so bad for him when he overheated. :(  That's what I remember most lol although I think I enjoyed his performances well enough. I'm not familiar enough with his voice to have been able to identify him, but I'm glad he had a good experience with the show.

32. Miss Monster - Chaka Khan: Squiggly Monster does not like being excluded from the monster costumes. 😮 :giggle:  But yes, these other ones do have similiar looking designs. lol Monster appearing in her first performance was cute. :lmao: She did well and oh yeah... White Tiger. :lmao:  I enjoyed him, but he wasn't the strongest contender. I also wasn't familiar enough with her voice to know it was her, but that applies to me with most of the older singers, I guess. :haha: 

31. Dragon - Busta Rhymes: I agree this is a cool costume and it was a fun performance! lol the tomatoes. :lmao: Aww I knew how much you liked him, so I'm not surprised he's the highest ranked first boot. Sorry he didn't last any longer. :(  Did Nicole guess him right after the performance? 😮 I don't remember, but makes sense. 

- Could not reign supreme in TMS the way its parents did on the big screen: Lion/Rumer Willis due to her not winning and her parents being movie stars.

- It wasn't nice to tell a prickly lie: Robopine/Tyrese Gibson... porcupines are prickly :giggle: and he lied in his clues! 

- Legend that has been blooming for a long time whether on its own or with others: Flower/Patti LaBelle  - flowers bloom and she has been a soloist and in a group

- The youngest to sting the competition in its habitat: Jellyfish/Chloe Kim - Jellyfish sting and she was the youngest woman to win the gold for snowboarding at the Olympics. 

- Treat that had something which led to the demise of some people in a different setting: This one is confusing me. I can only come up with Popcorn/Taylor Dayne for the "treat' part of it but have no clue what the rest of this means. :dead: 

On 7/19/2021 at 8:21 AM, thevoiceisthetop said:

On 7/19/2021 at 9:45 AM, sydneysam said:

Agreed with all of these except I feel like the first one is Lion- considering Rumer's parents are Bruce Willis and Demi Moore, both are big actors in Hollywood

We'll see...

On 7/20/2021 at 7:43 PM, miss denise said:

I don't know if I should make any further comments on this. :dead:  And maybe you found out who they are awhile ago. :giggle: 

I was reasonably sad. 😢 

35. Butterfly - Michelle Williams: lol my mention. But oh your comments on the costume are interesting... 😮  I feel the colors are fine, but I see regarding the wings and the shape. Maybe you should join the costume design team. :giggle: I agree her performances were good and it was nice for her to showcase herself on the show. I couldn't really tell that was her vocal at first, even though I've heard her sing in DC. I wasn't really a fan of her voice there but I liked her more here.

34. Crocodile - Nick Carter: Yess, Nick does sing that BSB lyric and the group is still going strong. :teeheewave:  Oh, he's the first finalist to appear. 😮 I was a bit surprised he was going to rank here, although we're getting high up. I didn't realize he was polarizing but ughhh that format. :(  Seahorse was my favorite, but I loved Crocodile too, so it was a lose for me either way. :broken: I think he did what he had to with his performance to advance. I really enjoyed his whole run on the show and ooh yes, Toxic was a stand out. ❤️ 

33. Crab - Bobby Brown: Oops, I didn't catch the typo and definitely didn't get the popcorn part of the clue. :haha: But aww Crab... I felt so bad for him when he overheated. :(  That's what I remember most lol although I think I enjoyed his performances well enough. I'm not familiar enough with his voice to have been able to identify him, but I'm glad he had a good experience with the show.

32. Miss Monster - Chaka Khan: Squiggly Monster does not like being excluded from the monster costumes. 😮 :giggle:  But yes, these other ones do have similiar looking designs. lol Monster appearing in her first performance was cute. :lmao: She did well and oh yeah... White Tiger. :lmao:  I enjoyed him, but he wasn't the strongest contender. I also wasn't familiar enough with her voice to know it was her, but that applies to me with most of the older singers, I guess. :haha: 

31. Dragon - Busta Rhymes: I agree this is a cool costume and it was a fun performance! lol the tomatoes. :lmao: Aww I knew how much you liked him, so I'm not surprised he's the highest ranked first boot. Sorry he didn't last any longer. :(  Did Nicole guess him right after the performance? 😮 I don't remember, but makes sense. 

- Could not reign supreme in TMS the way its parents did on the big screen: Lion/Rumer Willis due to her not winning and her parents being movie stars.

- It wasn't nice to tell a prickly lie: Robopine/Tyrese Gibson... porcupines are prickly :giggle: and he lied in his clues! 

- Legend that has been blooming for a long time whether on its own or with others: Flower/Patti LaBelle  - flowers bloom and she has been a soloist and in a group

- The youngest to sting the competition in its habitat: Jellyfish/Chloe Kim - Jellyfish sting and she was the youngest woman to win the gold for snowboarding at the Olympics. 

- Treat that had something which led to the demise of some people in a different setting: This one is confusing me. I can only come up with Popcorn/Taylor Dayne for the "treat' part of it but have no clue what the rest of this means. :dead: 

Geez, I didn't realize how suggestive that was. :dead: Who knows. :giggle:

Understandable. :yes:

35. Eh, I don't have the best fashion or design sense, so I'd probably make them worse. :dead: Still, my point on Butterfly's costume stands. :lmao: Pretty much agree with your thoughts about her and her performances.

34. I knew I wasn't tripping when I thought he sang that line. :lmao: The group is still together? I knew they reunited some time back, but that's good. After all, there were no Justin Timberlakes who broke out. Back to Crocodile, I preferred Seahorse of the two; however, it wasn't his fault he advanced and she didn't, so I felt the blame he received was ridiculous and unfair. Agree with him doing what he had to do.

33. I felt bad for him as well. As I mentioned in the write-up, I thought we were going to have another Gremlin moment, but everything turned out to be fine. I enjoyed his performances well enough as well.

32. Well, his was drastically different from the other costumes (not to mention the best). :haha: I enjoyed White Tiger for what he was, but I don't know if I would've had him go as far as he did (though not his fault). Back to Miss Monster, I grew up with a lot of these older R&B singers, so I think I can tell what their voices sound like (with that said, watch me pull a Jenny next season and not get one of them should there be any :haha:).

31. Yeah I was disappointed he was the first eliminated. Nicole did get him right away; he was hers and Robin's First Impression guesses (to quote Edith and Archie Bunker, those were the days; unfortunately, she got no one right during S5 😢 :dead:).

We'll see how you do with the clues. I've been busy the past couple of days, but I'll try to get back to this as soon as I can. I'll finish my ranking in my other thread first since it's almost done.

• Thanks 1

30. Robopine/Tyrese Gibson

Season 5: Sixth Place

Robopine-The-Masked-Singer-Season-5-2.jpg?w=670&f=1&nofb=1 51e0e1d2bc7d5e42873b08da47739d4e&f=1&nofb=1

Robopine - Never Too Much

Robopine - All Of Me

Robopine - Killing Me Softly

Robopine - Let's Get It On

Robopine - Water Runs Dry

Robopine Unmasking

Clue: It wasn’t nice to tell a prickly lie

Porcupines are covered in needles; therefore they can be prickly. Robopine said he was in his 60s with grandchildren and was from Costa Rica, which clearly was not the case. :giggle:

Starting the new set is Robopine. Robopine is known for a few things. First, he changed his name to Robopine from Porcupine, which was cool and makes sense because of the mechanical parts in the costume design including an infrared eye. Also, he claimed he was 60 years old and had grandchildren, which was obviously a falsehood. Finally, he’s the first, and I believe the only act thus far, to sing a song that was done by a previous act (All Of Me; Peacock sang this in S1). As for his performances, he was obviously comfortable on stage and even showed a few moves during them (with that said, my favorite part of any of his performances was Nicole seductively dancing and feeling herself during Let’s Get It On :ph34rwave:). He was eliminated during the ninth episode and was unmasked as Tyrese Gibson who clearly wasn’t 60. He said he lied because he knew everyone on the panel personally and wanted to throw them off. :haha: Regardless, Robopine was a solid act and made things interesting during S5.

29. Popcorn/Taylor Dayne

Season 4: Group A (Last Eliminated)

image?url=https:%252F%252Fstatic.onecms.io%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252Fsites%252F20%252F2020%252F09%252F09%252Fmasked-singer-2-2000.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 taylor-dayne-at-clive-davis-pre-grammy-party-in-los-angeles-02-11-2017_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Popcorn - What About Us

Popcorn - Falling

Popcorn - Domino

Popcorn - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You

Popcorn - Better Be Good To Me

Popcorn Unmasking

Clue: Treat that had something which led to the demise of some people in a different setting

Popcorn is indeed the treat in question. The something is referring to Taylor Dayne’s hit ballad Love Will Lead You Back, which led to the elimination of everyone who sang it on American Idol.

Up next is Popcorn. The costume had a cute design especially with a tub acting as a skirt. Performance wise, she was entertaining to watch, for I enjoyed all of her performances in some form or another. If I had to pick my favorite performance, it would be Domino. The biggest problem for Popcorn was she was in the same group as Sun who was a very strong act, so she didn’t have much of a chance to go farther. She managed to win the Smackdown against Snow Owls; however, that was short lived because she predictably lost the head-to-head against the aforementioned Sun and had to unmask at the end of the night. Popcorn was revealed to be Taylor Dayne, and my favorite part after her unmasking was asking Nick if he could handle two Long Island girls. :haha: All in all, Popcorn brought some flavor during her time on the show.

28. Lion/Rumer Willis

Season 1: Fifth Place

rs_634x846-181019062400-634-2-masked-singer-ch-101918.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 rumer-willis-at-race-to-erase-ms-gala-2018-in-los-angeles-04-20-2018-2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Lion - A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

Lion - Feelin’ Good

Lion - California Dreamin’

Lion - Diamond Heart

Lion - Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing

Lion Unmasking

Clue: Could not reign supreme in TMS the way its parents did on the big screen

Lions are known as the kings of the jungle. Lion did not reign supreme in The Masked Singer’s habitat (i.e. didn’t win). In addition, her parents are Bruce Willis and Demi Moore, two of Hollywood’s biggest names.

Roaring into the 28th spot is Lion. Lion was someone who I thought had a decent voice but felt she wasn’t a professional singer. The costume itself was beautiful with the gold color scheme and cape with the fur. Despite me thinking she was an amateur, she gave some solid performances. Admittedly I was intrigued from seeing a clip of her singing California Dreamin’ prior to the season starting, so she was someone I looked forward to. My favorite performance was probably Diamond Heart. She managed to make it right before the finale before she was eliminated alongside Rabbit. She was unmasked as Rumer Willis. I don’t believe any of the panel guessed her although I thought Joel McHale was on to something earlier in the season when he mentioned Hailey, Idaho at a clue in one of her packages. She said she went on the show to prove she could sing; I don’t think she had any problem with that.

27. Jellyfish/Chloe Kim

Season 4: Group C (Last Eliminated)

Jellyfish_Final_Lg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 chloe-kim-at-halloween-horror-nights-opening-in-los-angeles-09-14-2018-4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Jellyfish - Big Girls Don’t Cry

Jellyfish - Crazy

Jellyfish - Don’t Start Now

Jellyfish - Stay

Jellyfish Unmasking

Clue: The youngest to sting the competition in its habitat

Jellyfish sting, and Chloe Kim was the youngest to win a gold medal for snowboarding during the 2018 Winter Olympics (she was only 17 ™ Randy).

Swimming into the ranking is Jellyfish. The costume itself was interesting with the head and tentacles falling from it. As with Orca, I wondered if the mask was heavy. As for the act itself, Jellyfish was someone who clearly wasn’t a professional performer due to her nerves in her first performance. However, she gradually got better and more confident each time she took the stage, and it was nice to see her progression throughout the season. My favorite performance was Don’t Start Now, although admittedly I was a little creeped out from her mask glowing. :haha: Also, it allowed her to avoid having to participate in the Smackdown. She lost the Group C head-to-head against Mushroom and had to unmask at the end of the night. She was revealed to be Chloe Kim. This was one of the few times Ken didn’t do his usual antics while guessing the act; I think he knew from the beginning who she was and it was someone he obviously admired. With that said, the best part was Chloe saying he left her Instagram DM unread for two years. :lmao: All things said, Jellyfish had a nice run and one she is hopefully proud of.

26. Flower/Patti LaBelle

Season 2: Eliminated Eighth Episode

rawImage.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 latest?cb=20180525224903&f=1&nofb=1

Flower - 9 to 5

Flower - Cheap Thrills

Flower - Amazed

Flower - Alone

Flower - Eye Of The Tiger

Flower Unmasking

Clue: Legend that has been blooming for a long time whether on its own or with others

Flowers bloom and Patti LaBelle has been in the entertainment industry for a long time as both a member of LaBelle and as a solo artist. Also, the “on its own” part is a reference to her hit single On My Own (which funny enough was a collaboration with Michael McDonald :haha:).

Closing the set is Flower. It was a nice costume color scheme and design wise although the face was kind of creepy. Performance wise, she was very solid on all of them although she didn’t sing much on Cheap Thrills and allowed the background singers to do most of the heavy lifting. :haha: She made it to the eighth episode where she lost the head-to-head against Rottweiler and had to compete in the Smackdown against Leopard. She gave a solid performance of Eye Of The Tiger (my favorite part was Leopard dancing to it with his hands on his hips :dead:), but it wasn’t enough for her as she lost the Smackdown and had to unmask. She was unveiled as none other than soul legend Patti LaBelle. I think everyone had an idea it was her; I figured it was her from the first note she sang because as she said after her unmasking, that was her voice and she couldn’t hide it. It was good to see she could still hit those high notes at her age, especially during Alone. I wouldn’t have minded if she lasted longer, but Flower was an act who blossomed on TMS.

30. Robopine/Tyrese Gibson:

29. Popcorn/Taylor Dayne:

28. Lion/Rumer Willis:

27. Jellyfish/Chloe Kim:

26. Flower/Patti LaBelle:

The clues for 25-21:

- A mark of affection from an opponent would look spotty

- Able to sprout after returning from a subconscious state

- Forgive me Denise; I may have to vanish after this

- Majestic night hunters whose color is the opposite of their surnames

- - May or may not be able to hear something from two similar versions

Edited by Crisis

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (30-26 Posted)
On 7/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, Crisis said:

Geez, I didn't realize how suggestive that was. :dead: Who knows. :giggle:

35. Eh, I don't have the best fashion or design sense, so I'd probably make them worse. :dead: Still, my point on Butterfly's costume stands. :lmao: Pretty much agree with your thoughts about her and her performances.

34. I knew I wasn't tripping when I thought he sang that line. :lmao: The group is still together? I knew they reunited some time back, but that's good. After all, there were no Justin Timberlakes who broke out. Back to Crocodile, I preferred Seahorse of the two; however, it wasn't his fault he advanced and she didn't, so I felt the blame he received was ridiculous and unfair. Agree with him doing what he had to do.

32. Well, his was drastically different from the other costumes (not to mention the best). :haha: I enjoyed White Tiger for what he was, but I don't know if I would've had him go as far as he did (though not his fault). Back to Miss Monster, I grew up with a lot of these older R&B singers, so I think I can tell what their voices sound like (with that said, watch me pull a Jenny next season and not get one of them should there be any :haha:).

31. Yeah I was disappointed he was the first eliminated. Nicole did get him right away; he was hers and Robin's First Impression guesses (to quote Edith and Archie Bunker, those were the days; unfortunately, she got no one right during S5 😢 :dead:).

We'll see how you do with the clues. I've been busy the past couple of days, but I'll try to get back to this as soon as I can. I'll finish my ranking in my other thread first since it's almost done.

Oopsie. :dead:  And :giggle: 

- Oh, but you have a lot of opinions on the designs. 😮 I'm curious to see how yours would look. :shiftywave: 

- Of course not. It's iconic. :giggle: They are and I'm here for it! :wub:  True. :( I wish we could get more from NSYNC. :broken: I feel the same on all of this. And of course since both were my favorites, I wouldn't be mad at him for it, but I try to remind myself of this in situations where I'm not a fan of the advancing contestant too. :( 

- I understand. :haha: Same on White Tiger.  That makes sense you would recognize their voices. :yes:  Haha you've gotten enough of them that a missed one wouldn't hurt your track record much. :teeheewave: 

- I'm sorry. :(  Okay, thanks for the reminder! 😮 LOL I use that quote all the time and didn't know it was attributed to them... or who they are. :dead:  Oh nooo.... Nicole. 😢 :dead: 

No worries! I hope it's been a good busy. :hug: 

30. Robopine/Tyrese Gibson: Those clues he said. :dead:  How was that allowed? :dead:  It's hard enough to understand some of the clues, but now they can straight up lie? :dead:  Anyway, ooh interesting fun fact about a song previously done. 😮 Robopine was fine for me but the costume really scared me. cold.gif.d9372ea892393bc7f0a17e6b338aca7 OMG your Nicole comment. :lmao::giggle: 

29. Popcorn/Taylor Dayne: Oh, I see about the last part of the clue. :haha:  This is a cute costume and I love popcorn! I remember thinking she was going to be someone young and was shocked when I heard the voice, which clearly belonged to someone older. 😮 I'm not familiar with her so I never could have guessed but she did pretty well, even if she wasn't a favorite of mine.

28. Lion/Rumer Willis: I was surprised with Lion and didn't know Rumer could sing like that. 😮 I am not all that familiar with her outside of DWTS and some of her acting though. I agree California Dreamin was a powerful one. 😮  I felt like she was a bit of a threat, even though I preferred some of the others that season. 

27. Jellyfish/Chloe Kim: The Randy reference. :lmao: I was not familiar with Chloe prior to the show, but she became one of my favorites as Jellyfish. The costume is cool and I found her performances fun and endearing. 😮 at the thought of Ken knowing her identity from the start. 

26. Flower/Patti LaBelle: This costume kind of scared me too. :ph34rwave:  LOL the comment about her not singing much on the one performance. She's another one whose voice I didn't know well enough to identify and wasn't a favorite of mine, but she did well. LOL the Leopard dancing comment. :giggle: 

- A mark of affection from an opponent would look spotty: "Spotty" makes me think Leopard... although not sure what the first part is about. :haha:  A reference to his song "Kiss From A Rose"?  I'll guess Leopard/Seal. 

- Able to sprout after returning from a subconscious state: I think of Mushroom right away due to "sprout" and... I'm guessing psychedelic mushrooms with the subconscious state. So I will go with Mushroom/Aloe Blacc.

- Forgive me Denise; I may have to vanish after this: What? 😮 lol my mention makes me think it's one of two people.... but the "vanish" makes me think more along the lines of Russian Dolls/Hanson because the dolls can vanish into each other? :dead:  Although Astronaut sang "Bye Bye Bye" which could mean to vanish.... although turtles can vanish into their shells.  :dead: But.... based on the first part I'd guess Astronaut before Turtle, but based on the second part, I'm confused, lol. 

- Majestic night hunters whose color is the opposite of their surnames: I'm guessing the Snow Owls. 😮  Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black... makes sense since snow owls are white.

- - May or may not be able to hear something from two similar versions: Seashell/Tamera Mowry-Housley? :unsure: I'm guessing the reference to hearing the ocean through a seashell... and something about her being a twin. :haha:    

- A mark of affection from an opponent would look spotty - Leopard

- Able to sprout after returning from a subconscious state - Mushroom

- Forgive me Denise; I may have to vanish after this - Astronaut

- Majestic night hunters whose color is the opposite of their surnames - Snow Owls

- - May or may not be able to hear something from two similar versions- Seashell

Oopsie. :dead:  And :giggle: 

- Oh, but you have a lot of opinions on the designs. 😮 I'm curious to see how yours would look. :shiftywave: 

- Of course not. It's iconic. :giggle: They are and I'm here for it! :wub:  True. :( I wish we could get more from NSYNC. :broken: I feel the same on all of this. And of course since both were my favorites, I wouldn't be mad at him for it, but I try to remind myself of this in situations where I'm not a fan of the advancing contestant too. :( 

- I understand. :haha: Same on White Tiger.  That makes sense you would recognize their voices. :yes:  Haha you've gotten enough of them that a missed one wouldn't hurt your track record much. :teeheewave: 

- I'm sorry. :(  Okay, thanks for the reminder! 😮 LOL I use that quote all the time and didn't know it was attributed to them... or who they are. :dead:  Oh nooo.... Nicole. 😢 :dead: 

No worries! I hope it's been a good busy. :hug: 

30. Robopine/Tyrese Gibson: Those clues he said. :dead:  How was that allowed? :dead:  It's hard enough to understand some of the clues, but now they can straight up lie? :dead:  Anyway, ooh interesting fun fact about a song previously done. 😮 Robopine was fine for me but the costume really scared me. cold.gif.d9372ea892393bc7f0a17e6b338aca7 OMG your Nicole comment. :lmao::giggle: 

29. Popcorn/Taylor Dayne: Oh, I see about the last part of the clue. :haha:  This is a cute costume and I love popcorn! I remember thinking she was going to be someone young and was shocked when I heard the voice, which clearly belonged to someone older. 😮 I'm not familiar with her so I never could have guessed but she did pretty well, even if she wasn't a favorite of mine.

28. Lion/Rumer Willis: I was surprised with Lion and didn't know Rumer could sing like that. 😮 I am not all that familiar with her outside of DWTS and some of her acting though. I agree California Dreamin was a powerful one. 😮  I felt like she was a bit of a threat, even though I preferred some of the others that season. 

27. Jellyfish/Chloe Kim: The Randy reference. :lmao: I was not familiar with Chloe prior to the show, but she became one of my favorites as Jellyfish. The costume is cool and I found her performances fun and endearing. 😮 at the thought of Ken knowing her identity from the start. 

26. Flower/Patti LaBelle: This costume kind of scared me too. :ph34rwave:  LOL the comment about her not singing much on the one performance. She's another one whose voice I didn't know well enough to identify and wasn't a favorite of mine, but she did well. LOL the Leopard dancing comment. :giggle: 

- A mark of affection from an opponent would look spotty: "Spotty" makes me think Leopard... although not sure what the first part is about. :haha:  A reference to his song "Kiss From A Rose"?  I'll guess Leopard/Seal. 

- Able to sprout after returning from a subconscious state: I think of Mushroom right away due to "sprout" and... I'm guessing psychedelic mushrooms with the subconscious state. So I will go with Mushroom/Aloe Blacc.

- Forgive me Denise; I may have to vanish after this: What? 😮 lol my mention makes me think it's one of two people.... but the "vanish" makes me think more along the lines of Russian Dolls/Hanson because the dolls can vanish into each other? :dead:  Although Astronaut sang "Bye Bye Bye" which could mean to vanish.... although turtles can vanish into their shells.  :dead: But.... based on the first part I'd guess Astronaut before Turtle, but based on the second part, I'm confused, lol. 

- Majestic night hunters whose color is the opposite of their surnames: I'm guessing the Snow Owls. 😮  Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black... makes sense since snow owls are white.

- May or may not be able to hear something from two similar versions: Seashell/Tamera Mowry-Housley? :unsure: I'm guessing the reference to hearing the ocean through a seashell... and something about her being a twin. :haha:    

I thought the comment was innocuous. 🤷‍♂️ :haha: Hmm... 🤔

- It gives me something to say in the write-ups. :haha: Maybe that's not a good thing... :lmao:

- I wouldn't mind hearing more from N'Sync; I always preferred them to BSB. Pretty much in agreement with the last sentences.

- Yep. :yes: As long as I don't say I know my old school female R&B singers should I miss one, everything should be OK. :haha:

- You're welcome. I guess you're not familiar with All In The Family. That was part of the theme song for the show which the two leads sang. Here's hoping she gets back on track in S6 should they have it again (and that someone other than Jenny wins).

It was a mixture of both.

30. Seeing that it was a "game-changing" season, I guess anything went, including lying. :haha: I can see how to costume can come across as creepy. Hey, as the resident TMS Nicole ogler on IDF, I tend to notice these things more often than not. :lmao:

29. Based on the costume, I thought she would be someone young as well. :haha: I've heard a few of her songs, but I wouldn't say I could easily pick out her voice.

28. Same with me as far as knowing who she was outside of the show. She did really well and made it far despite not being someone who is known for singing.

27. Pretty much agree with everything here. I can't remember if Ken knew who she was from the beginning, but it appeared he knew about her earlier than the others.

26. Agree with nearly everything except not knowing who she was.

We'll see how you do with this batch of clues. :yes:

11 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

- A mark of affection from an opponent would look spotty - Leopard

- Able to sprout after returning from a subconscious state - Mushroom

- Forgive me Denise; I may have to vanish after this - Astronaut

- Majestic night hunters whose color is the opposite of their surnames - Snow Owls

- - May or may not be able to hear something from two similar versions- Seashell

We'll see...

25. Leopard/Seal

Season 2: Fourth Place

rs_964x1024-190903102423-1024.the-masked-singer-leopard-lp.9319.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 255820.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Leopard - Somebody To Love

Leopard - Respect

Leopard - Stitches

Leopard - Teenage Dream

Leopard - September

Leopard - Don’t Cha

Leopard - We Are Young

Leopard - Big Spender

Leopard Unmasking

Clue: A mark of affection from an opponent would look spotty

Leopards have spots, and the mark of affection is a reference to his song A Kiss From A Rose. His opponent in the Smackdown was Flower, and roses are flowers.

Leopard stalks and securely pounds his way into the #25 spot of this ranking. First, the costume had a nice regal design; it looked like it would fit in during a renaissance era. Leopard himself was a lot of fun to watch. He had a commanding stage presence and looked like he was really enjoying himself during his time on the show. This was especially true when he would mess around with Nick after his performances. :haha: Speaking of which, my favorites from him are Teenage Dream and Big Spender. I also liked his Smackdown performance of Don’t Cha; however, my favorite part was the interaction between Joel and Nicole during it:

Joel: Who sings this song?

Nicole: I do Joel!

He was obviously trolling. :dead: Back to Leopard, he was eliminated after Big Spender and was revealed to be Seal. It was kind of easy to tell it was him because of his tone. Leopard was someone who definitely earned his spots on TMS.

24. Astronaut/Hunter Hayes

Season 3: Sixth Place

masked-singer-astronaut-scaled.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 hunter-hayes.jpg?fit=200%252C1&f=1&nofb=1

Astronaut - You Say

Astronaut - Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Astronaut - Shape Of You

Astronaut - Never Gonna Give You Up

Astronaut - If I Can’t Have You

Astronaut - Bye Bye Bye

Astronaut - Story Of My Life

Astronaut Unmasking

Clue: Forgive me Denise; I may have to vanish after this :stealth:

The vanish part of the clue is referring to Hunter’s song Invisible.

I hope a certain mod doesn’t ban me for this placement. 🥶 :stealth: Costume wise, this was one of the more plain ones; however, it wasn’t bad and fit the image well. It’s good to have a basic costume every now and then. Astronaut was someone who gradually grew on me as the season progressed. I didn’t care for his first performance of You Say because I wasn’t too fond of his tone. After that, however, I found myself enjoying his performances. My personal favorite was If I Can’t Have You, mainly because it’s one of the few times I’ve enjoyed a Shawn Mendes song. Also, I have to give it to him for Rick Rolling everyone with Never Gonna Give You Up. :haha: Finally, his Smackdown performance was entertaining. He made it to fifth place before having to unmask and revealing himself to be Hunter Hayes. At the end of the day, Astronaut was good enough to place himself among the stars in the TMS galaxy.

23. Snow Owls/Clint and Lisa Hartman Black

Season 4: Group A (Third Eliminated)

rs_891x1024-200908171734-1024x891.the-masked-singer-snow-owls-lp.9820.jpg?fit=around%257C891:auto%26output-quality=90%26crop=891:auto;center,top&f=1&nofb=1 83bba735afb0ba260570e459bff08628--lisa-hartman-black-donna-mills.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Snow Owls - Say Something

Snow Owls - Like I’m Gonna Lose You

Snow Owls - The Prayer

Snow Owls - Because You Loved Me

Snow Owls Unmasking

Clue: Majestic night hunters whose color is the opposite of their surnames

Owls are mainly nocturnal creatures. The Snow Owls are white and Black is the last name of the pair who wore their costumes.

At #23 is the first multi-people act in TMSUS history. I have to say I really loved the Snow Owls’ concept and costumes; I would have them in my Top 10 based solely on that. The crowns were a really nice touch, and the mobile egg was cool. The act itself did really well, although it was obvious the male was the more experienced singer. I enjoyed all of their performances to some extent, with my favorite being Say Something. Unfortunately, they were in a very stacked group and were eliminated after losing the Smackdown against Popcorn. Snow Owls were unmasked to be the power country couple Clint and Lisa Hartman Black. One of the more memorable things about them was the panel guessing they were Donny and Marie Osmond (although Donny was on during a previous season; however, I wouldn’t put it past him to try to be on again :haha:). However, the two put their heads together as if they were kissing, so that pretty much blew that theory out of the water. :haha: Overall, Snow Owls were good to watch during their time on TMS.

22. Seashell/Tamera Mowry-Housley

Season 5: Seventh Place

MS-S5_BACKDROP_SEASHELL_V3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Premiere%2BDisney%2BJungle%2BBook%2BArrivals%2BqUvhNkl0Wgbx.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Seashell - Listen To Your Heart

Seashell - Confident

Seashell - Tell Me Something Good

Seashell - I Think We’re Alone Now

Seashell Unmasking

Clue: May or may not be able to hear something from two similar versions

It is said you can hear the ocean by holding a seashell to your ear. The two similar versions part of the clue is referring to Tamera being a twin.

Up next is Seashell. The costume was well designed; I especially liked the swirling shell that framed an eye on the mask. She was another act who played around with Nick after her performances. Seashell reminded me a little bit of Jellyfish in that both, besides dwelling in large bodies of water, were acts who started off nervous but gradually became more confident with each performance (funny enough, Confident was one of the songs Seashell sang). It was during Tell Me Something Good where I thought Seashell started to hit her stride. Unfortunately, she was up against what appeared to be more experienced performers and was eliminated alongside Crab in the seventh episode. Seashell was unmasked as Tamera Mowry-Housley. I had a feeling it was her in the beginning but became more sure as the season went along. Plus, I had a gigantic crush on both her and Tia back in the day, so I'd like to think I picked up on some of the clues. :lmao: Finally, she did well for someone who hasn’t sung on stage in 20 years (I think that’s what she said), so I tip my hat to her for that.

21. Mushroom/Aloe Blacc

Season 4: Second Place

Mushroom_Final_Lg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 aloe-blacc-2015-cmt-music-awards-01.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Mushroom - This Woman’s Work

Mushroom - If I Could Turn Back Time

Mushroom - Unconditionally

Mushroom - A Song For You

Mushroom - Valerie

Mushroom - The Christmas Song

Mushroom - I Wish

Mushroom Unmasking

Clue: Able to sprout after returning from a subconscious state

Mushrooms sprout, and the returning from a subconscious state part is referring to the song Wake Me Up by Avicii, in which Aloe sang.

Just missing the Top 20 is the S4 Runner Up. Mushroom was someone who was really hard to pin down. At first, it was difficult to tell if the act was male or female because of the way he changed his voice in every performance. The costume itself didn’t help much either because it appeared to be more feminine. Because of this, however, Mushroom was one of the most intriguing TMS acts. He showcased some strong vocals and gave some very strong performances. My favorites from him were This Woman’s Work (I didn’t know he had such a strong falsetto in him) and Valerie. I think in any other season he may have won, but Sun was a difficult act to overcome. Mushroom was unmasked as Aloe Blacc, and even to his unmasking I still didn’t have much of a clue who he was. I’ve listened to a bit of Aloe’s music but was unable to pick up on his voice. :haha: I believe Nicole was the one who figured out it was him based on the clue packages. All in all, Mushroom was a strong act and one who kept me on my toes throughout the season.

25. Leopard/Seal:

24. Astronaut/Hunter Hayes:

23. Snow Owls/Clint and Lisa Hartman Black:

22. Seashell/Tamera Mowry-Housley:

21. Mushroom/Aloe Blacc:

Clues for 20-16:

- Act that waded its way to another habitat with a panelist

- Broke away from a sty with very hot temperatures

- Had an avalanche of hits with some of its fellow species

- Hopped, sang, and danced in different settings

- Was apart of two litters with the same host

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (25-21 Posted)

- Act that waded its way to another habitat with a panelist - Frog

- Broke away from a sty with very hot temperatures - Chameleon

- Had an avalanche of hits with some of its fellow species - Yeti

- Hopped, sang, and danced in different settings- Rabbit 

- Was apart of two litters with the same host- Russian Dolls