Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (S6 #04-01 Posted)

I waited for Denise to see if she wanted to take a stab at the clues, but I'm going to post the next set now,

20. Piglet/Nick Lachey

Season 5: First Place

Pig.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 121203nick-lachey1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Piglet - Speechless

Piglet - Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah)

Piglet - 7 Years

Piglet - The Pretender

Piglet - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)

Piglet - Superstition

Piglet - Bruises

Piglet - Faithfully

Piglet Unmasking

Clue: Broke away from a sty with very hot temperatures

Pigs, or in this case piglets, live in stys. Nick Lachey was a member of the boy band 98 degrees, hence the reference to very hot temperatures.

Kicking off the Top 20 is the first winner to appear in this ranking. Despite this, Piglet was a strong contestant and I still enjoyed him. He gave some of the most emotionally charged performances on TMS while having fun here and there, the most notable one being Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah). Perhaps his most memorable performance was Superstition, mainly because of the operatic beginning. I had a feeling he was going to win in the finale, especially after Russian Dolls were eliminated, because I didn’t think a rapper (Chameleon) would win and Black Swan had a couple of iffy weeks prior. Moreover, his Faithfully performance was arguably his strongest vocal showing of the season. Piglet would go on to win the season and was revealed to be Nick Lachey. Some people pegged him from the beginning, but I was unsure because I haven’t listened to a lot of his or 98 degrees music. The most obnoxious thing was Jenny winning the Golden Ear again and her bragging about how she knew her boybanders (though she didn’t get her husband as Cluedle Doo the week before :dead:). Regardless, Piglet was a strong contestant and solid winner.

19. Kitty/Jackie Evancho

Season 3: Fifth Place

NINTCHDBPICT000566090861.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 jackie-evancho-at-build-series-in-new-york-04-11-2019-5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Kitty - Dangerous Woman

Kitty - Mercy

Kitty - Mama’s Broken Heart

Kitty - It’s All Coming Back To Me Now

Kitty - True Colors

Kitty - Unstoppable

Kitty - Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend

Kitty - Back To Black

Kitty Unmasking

Clue: Was a part of two litters with the same host

The litter is a reference to cats or kitties. Jackie Evancho was on both America’s Got Talent and The Masked Singer, two shows hosted by Nick Cannon.

Kitty was someone who proved herself to be a very versatile performer. In addition, the costume was one of the more interesting ones, especially with the different colored eyes. She got off to a rousing start with Dangerous Woman. With that said, probably the best part was the camera showing a guy who looked like he was turned on by the performance. :lmao: The rest of her performances were good in some form or another. The most interesting one was Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend in which she combined elements of sultry jazz, standards, and even a little hip-hop. Outside of her performances, she is also known for having a frenemy type showmance with Frog. :haha: Kitty purred her way to fifth place before she was unmasked as singer Jackie Evancho. She is someone who I wasn’t familiar with, so I did a little Internet research and learned she was the runner up in S5 of AGT over a decade ago when she was only 10. Since then, she’s had a rather solid career as a classical crossover artist, so good for her on that front.

18. Yeti/Omarion

Season 5: Fourth Place

de57e2c0d38b30818f31772e886e1e9c&f=1&nofb=1 15735934749377.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yeti - If It Isn’t Love

Yeti - Lonely

Yeti - It Takes Two

Yeti - Bless The Broken Road

Yeti - Celebration

Yeti Unmasking

Clue: Had an avalanche of hits with some of its fellow species

Yetis, or snow monsters, obviously live in snowy areas, which is where avalanches can take place. Omarion had a few hit singles both with the group B2K and as a solo artist.

At #18 is the final S5 wildcard to appear in this list. The costume was like a more friendly version of what I think a yeti would look like. :haha: The contestant himself displayed some great musical versatility as he performed R&B, country, and even hip-hop. In addition, he showed off some good dance moves despite the perceived bulk of the costume; this was most evident in If It Isn’t Love and It Takes Two. Also, he added a new dimension with the skates for Lonely although it’s been said it’s hard to see in those masks, so I wonder how he knew where to go. Regardless, Yeti was someone who I thought would be in the finale; however, he was eliminated right before it. He was unmasked to be former B2K frontman Omarion and would be Robin’s lone first impression guess this season. I kind of had a feeling it was him after his second or third performance because I was somewhat familiar with the voice despite not listening to a lot of his music. Overall, Yeti was someone who I enjoyed during his time on TMS.

17. Flamingo/Adrienne Bailon-Houghton

Season 2: Third Place

The-Masked-Singer-Flamingo.jpg?w=1001%26resize=1001%252C1024&f=1&nofb=1 adrienne-bailon-at-prettylittlething-by-kourtney-kardashian-launch-in-los-angeles-10-25-201-10.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Flamingo - Sucker

Flamingo - Footloose

Flamingo - Never Enough

Flamingo - Lady Marmalade

Flamingo - Go Your Own Way

Flamingo - Hallelujah

Flamingo - Proud Mary

Flamingo Unmasking

Clue: Act that waded its way to another habitat with a panelist

Flamingoes are birds that are known for wading in water. Adrienne was one of the mainstay celebrity detectives on the game show I Can See Your Voice hosted by Ken Jeong.

Here we have Flamingo strutting into the #17 spot. The costume was a really nice design as I felt it really captured the essence of a Flamingo. Flamingo was able to put on a nice array of performances with Footloose being my personal favorite. I liked how they flipped the arrangement and made it more modern. I also enjoyed Lady Marmalade and Go Your Own Way. For the former she brought the sass needed for that song; the latter was one of her strongest vocals of the season. She was able to ride that string of performances to the finals where she placed third. I didn’t think she would overtake Rottweiler or Fox, so she went as far as she was going to go. Flamingo was unmasked as former 3LW and Cheetah Girl member and The Real co-host Adrienne Bailon-Houghton. I don’t know much about 3LW or the Cheetah Girls, nor have I watched a single episode of The Real, so she was someone who I was not familiar with. What caught my attention was her saying she hated her voice, which was a shame because I think she has a lovely singing voice. I hope her experience helped her have more confidence in it going forward. Finally, it was certainly something to have two former Cheetah Girls perform in the same season. :haha:

16. Rabbit/Joey Fatone

Season 1: Fourth Place

latest?cb=20200116041713&f=1&nofb=1 JoeyFatone.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Rabbit - Livin’ La Vida Loca

Rabbit - Wake Me Up

Rabbit - Poison

Rabbit - Isn’t She Lovely

Rabbit - My Girl

Rabbit Unmasking

Clue: Hopped, sang, and danced in different settings

Rabbits hop, simple enough. Joey sang and danced as a member of *NSYNC, plus he was a contestant on Dancing With The Stars and of course The Masked Singer.

Closing out the set is Rabbit. With his straitjacket and glowing red eyes, Rabbit looked like something that broke out of a futuristic pet psychiatric ward. As a performer, he was one of the most committed to staying in character. He would always add something extra in his performances and his twitching after his performances was a nice added touch. His first performance of Livin’ La Vida Loca was a rather interesting one. The beginning sounded like something that would fit in a cyberpunk setting. In addition, I enjoyed his Wake Me Up and Isn’t She Lovely, with the latter having an arrangement completely different from the original. He would be eliminated right before the finale, and his fake crying reaction was pretty hilarious. He was unmasked as former *NSYNC member Joey Fatone. If anyone from *NSYNC would do something like this, it would be him. One of the best things about doing the show was him showing he was a talented singer in his own right because Justin and JC did most of the singing with *NSYNC. Rabbit was one of the most entertaining and committed acts to appear on TMS.

20. Piglet/Nick Lachey:

19. Kitty/Jackie Evancho:

18. Yeti/Omarion:

17. Flamingo/Adrienne Bailon-Houghton:

16. Rabbit/Joey Fatone:

We're down to the final set before the Top Ten! Here are the clues for 15-11:

- Has multiple layers despite being lost at times

- Nothing but net in both song and showmance despite appearance

- Skilled with both tongue and hands

- Strutted its way into a spooky surprise on another show

- Time isn't up for this dark hued flyer

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (20-16 Posted)
On 7/28/2021 at 8:43 PM, Crisis said:

- I wouldn't mind hearing more from N'Sync; I always preferred them to BSB. Pretty much in agreement with the last sentences.

- You're welcome. I guess you're not familiar with All In The Family. That was part of the theme song for the show which the two leads sang. Here's hoping she gets back on track in S6 should they have it again (and that someone other than Jenny wins).

It was a mixture of both.

30. Seeing that it was a "game-changing" season, I guess anything went, including lying. :haha: I can see how to costume can come across as creepy. Hey, as the resident TMS Nicole ogler on IDF, I tend to notice these things more often than not. :lmao:

- I love them both so I always want more. :haha: 

- I know of the show but haven't watched it. Now I know something new. 😮  Yes, let's hope! Although I don't personally mind who wins, but I can root for Nicole's big comeback. :haha:  

Sorry to hear. :(  :hug: 

I just can't get behind lying because then we really have nothing to go by except the voice. :lmao: Haha I understand. :giggle: 

Yikes, I'm soooo late! So sorry.

25. Leopard/Seal:  He was a really regal leopard, for sure. 😮  I wasn't too crazy about him but he was interesting and fun to see. LOL the Joel and Nicole exchange. :giggle: I'm not too familiar with Seal to have known it was his voice, but I believed the guess when I heard it. :haha: 

24. Astronaut/Hunter Hayes: My baby. :wub:  Oh lol you referring to one of his own songs. I never know where to go with the clues. :dead:  Of course I will not ban you! Should I? 😮 :giggle: I am pleasantly surprised because I didn't know he would rank this high, so it's okay. ❤️ A plain costume? Now I'm mad. 😛 :dead: Kidding, but I do love his costume. Hunter loves flying, so this was the next best thing over a pilot outfit. I'm glad to hear he grew on you with his performances. Of course, you know how much I love him and have been a huge fan for years and years. ❤️ I adore everything about him and recognized his voice instantly. 😢 :broken: at not being a fan of his tone. Never Gonna Give You Up was my favorite. :wub: And Bye Bye Bye! :wub: But I was heartbroken he was eliminated. :broken: I wanted him in the finals so bad but I got a Turtle/Astro real-life friendship out of this, so I am very thankful for that and him appearing on the show. :wub: 

23. Snow Owls/Clint and Lisa Hartman Black: I loved seeing a duo on the show! I also love snow owls and thought the costume was pretty to look at. Sadly, I'm not familiar with the act to have been able to guess them, but I enjoyed their time on the show. Ooh one of of your Top 10 costumes! 😮 Is a costume ranking in order? :shiftywave:  lol at if they were Donny and Marie. :giggle: That would have been so funny.

22. Seashell/Tamera Mowry-Housley: I'm familiar with Tamera from her Disney Channel days, but didn't remember her being able to sing. 😮 I thought she did really well and I was impressed. I would have liked to see her advance a little further. Oooh your crush comment on her and Tia. :giggle: Can you tell them apart? 

21. Mushroom/Aloe Blacc: omg I still think my explanation of the clue works. :dead: But I like this one better and I love that song. Anyway, I wasn't crazy about Mushroom, but I do actually like Aloe Blacc. I had no idea that was him and was shocked. 😮 I agree he was very intriguing. I didn't know he had that falsetto either. Haha I feel the same as you about him. He was a surprise but did well... even if the costume scared me. :giggle: 

I can tell from the title that you posted the next set, but I'll try to guess anyway.

- Act that waded its way to another habitat with a panelist: I'm thinking Frog or Flamingo... Flamingos wade. :dead: But I can't remember or of think of what the second part is about. 

- Broke away from a sty with very hot temperatures: Sun? Yeti? I'm confused. :dead:  I don't think Sun would show up yet. Yetis are cold. :dead: 

- Had an avalanche of hits with some of its fellow species: :unsure: Yeti for this one? That makes more sense.

- Hopped, sang, and danced in different settings: Rabbit? Frog?  Ooh Rabbit because Joey was on DWTS? 

- Was apart of two litters with the same host: Kitty! Okay, I get this one because Jackie was on AGT when Nick hosted. Yay for me being confident about one. :haha: 

20. Piglet/Nick Lachey: Ooooo darn, the clue makes perfect sense now. :dead: Ugh, I hate not thinking of things. lol Anyway, ooh the first winner to appear. 😮 Darn, we differ a lot there because he's my favorite winner. I'm glad you still enjoyed him. He definitely shone most with the emotional performances and ballads. ❤️ Oh yes, the operatic beginning. 😮 That was so impressive. I also thought he'd win and was so happy he did! I also knew he was Nick Lachey from the start and am very familiar with his voice. It was so obvious to me. :giggle: LOL your Jenny comment because SERIOUSLY about her not even guessing her husband. I mean hello? :dead:  How could she brag right after that? :dead: 

19. Kitty/Jackie Evancho: Yay, I got it right. :giggle: I really liked Kitty's costume and thought it was cute. I also liked her performance-wise, but had other favorites. :giggle: OMG your comment on the guy in the audience! :dead: I don't remember this and not sure I want to see it. :dead:  I am also not familiar with her voice, although I heard of her and remember her being on AGT when she was really young. I might have placed her in the finals over someone else but I couldn't be bothered after Astronaut left, as long as Turtle was there. (!) 

18. Yeti/Omarion: I really liked Yeti and his costume was so cute. :haha:  You're right, he does look friendly. :giggle: I like Omarion and am familiar with some of his music, but I haven't heard him in forever so I couldn't tell it was him on my own. 😮  Him performing with skates was so cool. I wonder how he did it. 😮 Aww I was sad he was eliminated before the finals too. :( 

17. Flamingo/Adrienne Bailon-Houghton: Oooh, now I get the second part of the clue. :giggle:  Flamingos are so pretty! I agree with your comments on the costume. I am a fan of Adrienne from being in The Cheetah Girls. I can't remember when I picked up on her vocally though. But I did enjoy her, although preferred the other two finalists. Aww it is sad what she said about her own voice, but I'm sure her time on the show helped. And omg yes, I always wondered if her and Raven knew the other was there. :giggle: 

16. Rabbit/Joey Fatone: I actually did not expect Rabbit to rank so high but I'm not upset about it. 😮  He was my first favorite on the show. I love Joey a lot, although I wasn't even positive it was him because I'm not familiar with his voice as much compared to other NSYNC members. lol so true about his costume and him being committed to his character. The twitching. :giggle: Aww I wish he made the finals. :( But so true, he is the most likely guy of the band to do a show like this. I'm happy he did. 

Wow, Top 15! 😮

- Has multiple layers despite being lost at times:  Russian Dolls? They have layers... and Google tells me the show Lost had Russian Dolls on it. :dead:  Oh, Hanson also has a song called "Lost Without Each Other", so I'll say Russian Dolls/Hanson.

- Nothing but net in both song and showmance despite appearance: I'm going to guess Thingamajig/Victor Oladipo with the "net" referring to his basketball career. Then there was the showmance with Nicole. :giggle: 

- Skilled with both tongue and hands: Oh my. :lmao: Tongue makes me think Frog... or Chameleon, but mostly Frog. Ooh and Bow Wow also played basketball, didn't he? Or he has a song with that name. So yeah, I'll guess Frog/Bow Wow.

- Strutted its way into a spooky surprise on another show: Hmm, who would strut? I think a peacock would... and that's really it. Spooky surprise on another show... ooh Donny had some secret connection to the Haunted Mansion? Okay, this checks out. Peacock/Donny Osmond.

- Time isn't up for this dark hued flyer: :unsure:  Who flies.... a bee. A night angel? :dead: Hmm. Well, Gladys has a song called " It's Time To Go Now", so I'll guess Bee/Gladys Knight. 

I hope I'm right and this means Turtle makes Top 10. :wub: 

On 8/8/2021 at 4:43 PM, miss denise said:

- I love them both so I always want more. :haha: 

- I know of the show but haven't watched it. Now I know something new. 😮  Yes, let's hope! Although I don't personally mind who wins, but I can root for Nicole's big comeback. :haha:   

I just can't get behind lying because then we really have nothing to go by except the voice. :lmao: Haha I understand. :giggle: 

Yikes, I'm soooo late! So sorry.

25. Leopard/Seal:  He was a really regal leopard, for sure. 😮  I wasn't too crazy about him but he was interesting and fun to see. LOL the Joel and Nicole exchange. :giggle: I'm not too familiar with Seal to have known it was his voice, but I believed the guess when I heard it. :haha: 

24. Astronaut/Hunter Hayes: My baby. :wub:  Oh lol you referring to one of his own songs. I never know where to go with the clues. :dead:  Of course I will not ban you! Should I? 😮 :giggle: I am pleasantly surprised because I didn't know he would rank this high, so it's okay. ❤️ A plain costume? Now I'm mad. 😛 :dead: Kidding, but I do love his costume. Hunter loves flying, so this was the next best thing over a pilot outfit. I'm glad to hear he grew on you with his performances. Of course, you know how much I love him and have been a huge fan for years and years. ❤️ I adore everything about him and recognized his voice instantly. 😢 :broken: at not being a fan of his tone. Never Gonna Give You Up was my favorite. :wub: And Bye Bye Bye! :wub: But I was heartbroken he was eliminated. :broken: I wanted him in the finals so bad but I got a Turtle/Astro real-life friendship out of this, so I am very thankful for that and him appearing on the show. :wub: 

23. Snow Owls/Clint and Lisa Hartman Black: I loved seeing a duo on the show! I also love snow owls and thought the costume was pretty to look at. Sadly, I'm not familiar with the act to have been able to guess them, but I enjoyed their time on the show. Ooh one of of your Top 10 costumes! 😮 Is a costume ranking in order? :shiftywave:  lol at if they were Donny and Marie. :giggle: That would have been so funny.

22. Seashell/Tamera Mowry-Housley: I'm familiar with Tamera from her Disney Channel days, but didn't remember her being able to sing. 😮 I thought she did really well and I was impressed. I would have liked to see her advance a little further. Oooh your crush comment on her and Tia. :giggle: Can you tell them apart? 

21. Mushroom/Aloe Blacc: omg I still think my explanation of the clue works. :dead: But I like this one better and I love that song. Anyway, I wasn't crazy about Mushroom, but I do actually like Aloe Blacc. I had no idea that was him and was shocked. 😮 I agree he was very intriguing. I didn't know he had that falsetto either. Haha I feel the same as you about him. He was a surprise but did well... even if the costume scared me. :giggle: 

I can tell from the title that you posted the next set, but I'll try to guess anyway.

- Act that waded its way to another habitat with a panelist: I'm thinking Frog or Flamingo... Flamingos wade. :dead: But I can't remember or of think of what the second part is about. 

- Broke away from a sty with very hot temperatures: Sun? Yeti? I'm confused. :dead:  I don't think Sun would show up yet. Yetis are cold. :dead: 

- Had an avalanche of hits with some of its fellow species: :unsure: Yeti for this one? That makes more sense.

- Hopped, sang, and danced in different settings: Rabbit? Frog?  Ooh Rabbit because Joey was on DWTS? 

- Was apart of two litters with the same host: Kitty! Okay, I get this one because Jackie was on AGT when Nick hosted. Yay for me being confident about one. :haha: 

- Understandable :haha:

- Who says you can't learn anything on IDF? :haha: Yes, I'm rooting for her to get back on track.

I see the point about lying. :haha: Heh. :lmao:

Better late than never, although for a while I thought I was going to finish this thing alone. :haha:

25. Pretty much agree about your comments on him. He was interesting and a lot of fun to watch.

24. If I'm banned, you'll never know where I'll rank Turtle. 😛 :haha: I'm happy to see there are no problems with this spot and not making you cry. I'm familiar with your love and admiration of him. I didn't say I wasn't a fan of his tone; I said I wasn't too fond of it on that song. I figured you would be heartbroken after his elimination. At least he and Turtle were able to develop a friendship from this. 😄

23. It was nice to see a duo on the show. I'm not too familiar with them either, so I was pretty much in the dark regarding them. I don't think I'll do a costume ranking; I have a lot on my plate as it is now. :haha:

22. I thought she did well too. I mostly know her and Tia from Sister, Sister. I wouldn't have minded if she went further, but she was up against some tough competition. I used to be able to tell them apart in the past easily; now, I'm not as confident. :haha:

21. Your explanation is just fine. :yes: I pretty much agree with everything said about him here.

Let's see how you did...

On 8/8/2021 at 5:13 PM, miss denise said:

20. Piglet/Nick Lachey: Ooooo darn, the clue makes perfect sense now. :dead: Ugh, I hate not thinking of things. lol Anyway, ooh the first winner to appear. 😮 Darn, we differ a lot there because he's my favorite winner. I'm glad you still enjoyed him. He definitely shone most with the emotional performances and ballads. ❤️ Oh yes, the operatic beginning. 😮 That was so impressive. I also thought he'd win and was so happy he did! I also knew he was Nick Lachey from the start and am very familiar with his voice. It was so obvious to me. :giggle: LOL your Jenny comment because SERIOUSLY about her not even guessing her husband. I mean hello? :dead:  How could she brag right after that? :dead: 

19. Kitty/Jackie Evancho: Yay, I got it right. :giggle: I really liked Kitty's costume and thought it was cute. I also liked her performance-wise, but had other favorites. :giggle: OMG your comment on the guy in the audience! :dead: I don't remember this and not sure I want to see it. :dead:  I am also not familiar with her voice, although I heard of her and remember her being on AGT when she was really young. I might have placed her in the finals over someone else but I couldn't be bothered after Astronaut left, as long as Turtle was there. (!) 

18. Yeti/Omarion: I really liked Yeti and his costume was so cute. :haha:  You're right, he does look friendly. :giggle: I like Omarion and am familiar with some of his music, but I haven't heard him in forever so I couldn't tell it was him on my own. 😮  Him performing with skates was so cool. I wonder how he did it. 😮 Aww I was sad he was eliminated before the finals too. :( 

17. Flamingo/Adrienne Bailon-Houghton: Oooh, now I get the second part of the clue. :giggle:  Flamingos are so pretty! I agree with your comments on the costume. I am a fan of Adrienne from being in The Cheetah Girls. I can't remember when I picked up on her vocally though. But I did enjoy her, although preferred the other two finalists. Aww it is sad what she said about her own voice, but I'm sure her time on the show helped. And omg yes, I always wondered if her and Raven knew the other was there. :giggle: 

16. Rabbit/Joey Fatone: I actually did not expect Rabbit to rank so high but I'm not upset about it. 😮  He was my first favorite on the show. I love Joey a lot, although I wasn't even positive it was him because I'm not familiar with his voice as much compared to other NSYNC members. lol so true about his costume and him being committed to his character. The twitching. :giggle: Aww I wish he made the finals. :( But so true, he is the most likely guy of the band to do a show like this. I'm happy he did. 

Wow, Top 15! 😮

- Has multiple layers despite being lost at times:  Russian Dolls? They have layers... and Google tells me the show Lost had Russian Dolls on it. :dead:  Oh, Hanson also has a song called "Lost Without Each Other", so I'll say Russian Dolls/Hanson.

- Nothing but net in both song and showmance despite appearance: I'm going to guess Thingamajig/Victor Oladipo with the "net" referring to his basketball career. Then there was the showmance with Nicole. :giggle: 

- Skilled with both tongue and hands: Oh my. :lmao: Tongue makes me think Frog... or Chameleon, but mostly Frog. Ooh and Bow Wow also played basketball, didn't he? Or he has a song with that name. So yeah, I'll guess Frog/Bow Wow.

- Strutted its way into a spooky surprise on another show: Hmm, who would strut? I think a peacock would... and that's really it. Spooky surprise on another show... ooh Donny had some secret connection to the Haunted Mansion? Okay, this checks out. Peacock/Donny Osmond.

- Time isn't up for this dark hued flyer: :unsure:  Who flies.... a bee. A night angel? :dead: Hmm. Well, Gladys has a song called " It's Time To Go Now", so I'll guess Bee/Gladys Knight. 

I hope I'm right and this means Turtle makes Top 10. :wub: 

20. He's your favorite winner? We do differ here (what else is new? :giggle:). At least all of the winners are in the Top 20. I didn't listen to a lot of his or 98 degrees music, so I wasn't all that familiar with his voice to be able to guess him. He did shine with the emotional performances and that opera beginning to Superstition was legendary. Yeah, I don't know how Jenny was able to say that without shame while not guessing the boybander she should be the most familiar with. :dead:

19. I pretty much agree with everything here. It wasn't anything too bad regarding the guy, but he gave off that impression. :haha:

18. Once again, pretty much agree here.

17. Yeah she was enjoyable to watch. It's just unfortunate she was up against two other strong contestants and didn't have much of a chance. I hope she does think better of her voice. It would be a hoot if they knew each other were in the same season. :haha:

16. Happy to see you're not upset with my ranking of him. Oh at him being your first favorite. I don't think people were familiar with him at first because they thought Rabbit was too skinny to be Joey. :haha: I agree about the costume and twitching. I also thought it was interesting when he said performing in the costume helped with his claustrophobia. I'm sure he's happy he did as well.

Yep, the Top 15 is here!

We'll see about these guesses. Maybe Turtle will appear in this set and finish short of the Top 10. 🤔 😛

It's now time to reveal the final set before the Top 10! Let's see which acts fell just short.

15. Russian Dolls/Hanson

Season 5: Fifth Place

MS-S5_BACKDROP_RUSSIAN_DOLL_V3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 hanson-uk-premiere-pacific-rim-01.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Russian Dolls - Man In The Mirror

Russian Dolls - Wonder

Russian Dolls - Want To Want Me

Russian Dolls - 24K Magic

Russian Dolls - Shallow

Russian Dolls - I’m Still Standing

Russian Dolls Unmasking

Clue: Has multiple layers despite being lost at times

The multiple layers are referring to the dolls having layers themselves. The being lost at times is a reference to their album Middle Of Nowhere, although the other explanations were good. :haha:

Starting the Top 15 is Russian Dolls. Russian Dolls had one of the more unique costume designs (albeit a little creepy) and concepts of any TMS act. They often came out in different numbers, so it was difficult to ascertain how many people were in the group (although their die-hard fans appeared to know who they were from the beginning :haha:). The best part of their performances were the harmonies, as it was easy to tell they have performed together for a long time. My favorite performances of theirs were Man In The Mirror and 24K Magic. It was thought they were going to go all the way to the finale at least; however, they were eliminated in fifth place much to the dismay of their fans. In a twist of irony, they were eliminated after singing I’m Still Standing (my favorite part was Ken doing the Carlton during it :lmao:). They were revealed to be none other than Hanson. I thought them being in one doll when they were unmasked was amusing (and how all three of them fit in the large doll). All in all, Russian Dolls was a really fun and creative act that gave some great performances during their time on TMS.

14. Black Swan/JoJo

Season 5: Second Place

404169a366ebff216c81f0f8accc8b84&f=1&nofb=1 joanna-jojo-levesque-ok-magazine-s-pre-grammy-event-in-hollywood-2-9-2017-12.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Black Swan - Barracuda

Black Swan - In My Blood

Black Swan - How Will I Know

Black Swan - Use Somebody

Black Swan - Do I Do

Black Swan - Thinking Out Loud

Black Swan - Tequila

Black Swan - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You

Black Swan Unmasking

Clue: Time isn’t up for this dark hued flyer

The dark hued flyer is the black swan. Time isn’t up is referring to JoJo’s hit single Too Little, Too Late.

We stay in S5 for the next act to fall in this ranking. Black Swan was the runner-up in S5 as well as the second to last S5 act to appear in the ranking. Black Swan was a strong vocalist who showcased quite the range and versatility on TMS. From her opening number of Barracuda, it was easy to see she was going to be a force to be reckoned with. My favorite performance of hers was Use Somebody because I felt she was at her strongest vocally there. She had a couple of performances at the end (Thinking Out Loud and Tequila) which appeared to be polarizing because the arrangements made it hard to recognize the songs at first (with that said, my favorite part of TOL was the dancers in the beginning moving like their knees were giving out. I guess it was supposed to go with the “when your legs don’t work like they used to before” line :lmao:). As mentioned earlier, she was the runner-up and was unveiled as pop singer JoJo. One thing that caught my attention was her saying she was developing stage fright and her performing on the show helped her overcome it somewhat. I also understand she had some rough times in her career, so for that I was happy to see her on the show.

13. Serpent/Dr. Elvis Francois

Season 4: Group B (Last Eliminated)

serp1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 5e8810cb5499205ebe0433d4_o_U_v2.png&f=1&nofb=1

Serpent - I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)

Serpent - The Bones

Serpent - Cool

Serpent Unmasking

Clue: Skilled with both tongue and hands

The tongue part is a double entendre. The clue is referring to both snakes/serpents having long tongues and the singing ability of Dr. Elvis. The hands part is referring to his occupation as an orthopedic surgeon (seeing that snakes/serpents don’t have hands :haha:).

At lucky #13 is Serpent. First, the costume looked all kinds of awesome, especially with the snake tails animatronics. Next, he was certainly an impressive singer who showed an incredible vocal range. His performance of I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) was not only one of my favorite performances of the season, it may be one of my all-time favorite TMS performances. He completely changed the song up and gave an emotionally charged rendition. His other two performances were really solid as well. Unfortunately, he was in Group B where he had some really stiff competition with Seahorse and Crocodile and thus was eliminated in the Group B finals. He was unmasked as Dr. Elvis Francois. He was someone who I was not familiar with prior to the show. Apparently, he’s an orthopedic surgeon who sings in his spare time and some of his videos went viral during the pandemic. From the looks of it, he performed with Nicole in some special, so that’s probably why she was able to guess him correctly. Lastly, seeing Ken get emotional after his unmasking was a nice moment. I wouldn’t have minded seeing him go further, but he had a nice run all things considered.

12. Peacock/Donny Osmond

Season 1: Second Place

latest?cb=20200116041752&f=1&nofb=1 8ec30bf4ff5f5e0353d94ffd17d45ec67870321564689016.jpg?width=2158%26height=3000&f=1&nofb=1

Peacock - The Greatest Show

Peacock - Counting Stars

Peacock - All Of Me

Peacock - Can’t Feel My Face

Peacock - Let’s Go

Peacock - Shake A Tail Feather

Peacock Unmasking

Clue: Strutted its way into a spooky surprise on another show

Peacocks strut. The spooky surprise on another show was alluding to Donny Osmond’s iconic duet with Ghost Hunter on I Can See Your Voice. :giggle: He was so sure Ghost Hunter could sing, and his reaction to Ghost Hunter not being a good singer was legendary. :lmao:

Coming in at #12 is the first act to have a performance shown on the US version of TMS. Peacock was a very entertaining act who looked like he was having a blast every time he took the stage. His first performance of The Greatest Show helped set TMS off on a great foot (imagine something like Hippo’s My Prerogative being the first performance aired). His Counting Stars was also a highlight with him starting on a high platform before it was lowered to the stage. That had to be intimidating for him with him saying he was afraid of heights in his clue package. The rest of his performances were amusing in some or another. My personal favorite is Shake A Tail Feather because his energy was contagious. The best part was him and the dancers going around the stage in a line. I thought the performance would’ve been enough for him to win, but he fell just short (which I didn’t mind too much). Peacock revealed himself to be Donny Osmond. It was good to see he had so much energy at his age. He was a total ham and made no apologies for it, and that is one of the reasons his showmanship was contagious and fun to watch.

11. Thingamajig/Victor Oladipo

Season 2: Fifth Place

2000?cb=20200116160822&f=1&nofb=1 1_1_.8af62075452.original.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

Thingamajig - Easy

Thingamajig - Rainbow

Thingamajig - Ain’t Too Proud To Beg

Thingamajig - Haven’t Met You Yet

Thingamajig - Caught Up

Thingamajig - Ordinary People

Thingamajig - Winter Wonderland

Thingamajig - Unmasking

Clue: Nothing but net in both song and showmance despite appearance

Nothing but net is a basketball reference for shots that go through the hoop without touching anything but the net. Victor Oladipo is an NBA player who currently plays for the Miami Heat. He and his performances captured the heart of one Nicole Scherzinger. :giggle:

Taking up the final spot before the Top 10 is Thingamajig. His costume was certainly an interesting one to say the least. It was unidentifiable, but it was still cool and lived up to his name. Thingamajig gave some very strong performances while on TMS. The performance he’s probably best known for is Rainbow. It was a great performance and my personal favorite as well. There were some people saying his version was better than the original (I personally wouldn’t go that far, LOL). I also enjoyed his Ain’t Too Proud To Beg and Ordinary People. Outside of his performances, the thing he is known for is his showmance with Nicole. Nicole seemed to be enamored with him (no I’m not jealous, why do you ask) and to his credit he played along with it perfectly. Thingamajig did well enough to make it to fifth place where he was unmasked as NBA player Victor Oladipo. Ken was the only one who knew who he was while the rest of the panel, especially Jenny, were telling him how wrong he was. :lmao: Another cool tidbit was Ken and Nicole crashing his post-elimination interview backstage. Thingamajig was a very impressive singer; I think an argument can be made about him being the best non-professional singer on TMS thus far. :yes:

15. Russian Dolls/Hanson:

14. Black Swan/JoJo:

13. Seprent/Dr. Elvis Francois:

12. Peacock/Donny Osmond:

11. Thingamajig/Victor Oladipo:

We've made it to the Top 10! Here are the ten acts listed by season and placement:

Monster

Bee

Fox

Rottweiler

Night Angel

Turtle

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

Chameleon

I'll post each act one at a time. I'll give clues to each act before posting them. I plan to give at least three clues per act, so it should be easier to guess who they are.

Before I get to the Top 10, however, I may do an intermission and rank the ten acts from The Masked Dancer. We'll see.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (15-11 Posted)
On 8/10/2021 at 7:36 AM, Crisis said:

- Who says you can't learn anything on IDF? :haha: Yes, I'm rooting for her to get back on track.

Better late than never, although for a while I thought I was going to finish this thing alone. :haha:

24. If I'm banned, you'll never know where I'll rank Turtle. 😛 :haha: I'm happy to see there are no problems with this spot and not making you cry. I'm familiar with your love and admiration of him. I didn't say I wasn't a fan of his tone; I said I wasn't too fond of it on that song. I figured you would be heartbroken after his elimination. At least he and Turtle were able to develop a friendship from this. 😄

23. It was nice to see a duo on the show. I'm not too familiar with them either, so I was pretty much in the dark regarding them. I don't think I'll do a costume ranking; I have a lot on my plate as it is now. :haha:

22. I thought she did well too. I mostly know her and Tia from Sister, Sister. I wouldn't have minded if she went further, but she was up against some tough competition. I used to be able to tell them apart in the past easily; now, I'm not as confident. :haha:

20. He's your favorite winner? We do differ here (what else is new? :giggle:). At least all of the winners are in the Top 20. I didn't listen to a lot of his or 98 degrees music, so I wasn't all that familiar with his voice to be able to guess him. He did shine with the emotional performances and that opera beginning to Superstition was legendary. Yeah, I don't know how Jenny was able to say that without shame while not guessing the boybander she should be the most familiar with. :dead:

16. Happy to see you're not upset with my ranking of him. Oh at him being your first favorite. I don't think people were familiar with him at first because they thought Rabbit was too skinny to be Joey. :haha: I agree about the costume and twitching. I also thought it was interesting when he said performing in the costume helped with his claustrophobia. I'm sure he's happy he did as well.

We'll see about these guesses. Maybe Turtle will appear in this set and finish short of the Top 10. 🤔 😛

I learn things all the time. :giggle:  Same!

Oh noooo, don't think that. :(  I wouldn't abandon your lists. I've been so busy and out of town a lot recently. I'm going to be gone again a few days this week, so if I'm delayed again, that's why. But I will always come back. I'm like a boomerang. :wub: :giggle: 

- 😮 But I was never going to ban you, only you said that. :giggle: Haha... maybe I should cry. But it's fine. 😛  Yay. :wub: Oooh okay, that's better at least. ❤️ I truly was heartbroken 😢 but YES! Now I'm just patiently waiting for their duet.

- That is also how I best know them. Haha I've never known how to tell them apart so I'm curious.

- He is, but at least you still like him. You have all the other winners in the Top 10. 😮  They overall rank better for you than me. I understand. Agree with this! Silly Jenny. Seriously.... how did she not know what she was saying about herself? :dead:  I guess congrats on her getting all the boy banders except her own husband? :dead: 

- I'm not at all. I hope that's not a bad "oh", but I can't imagine a good one. :lmao: He was my favorite on the first season, so yes, my first favorite. :giggle:   That's true. Oh yeah, that is very interesting... but good it helped him.

sad-why.gif 

I see the next set and am planning to catch up tonight. :shiftywave: 

15. Russian Dolls/Hanson: I did not expect them to rank this high, so I am pleasantly surprised once again. 😮 I loved their costumes and that we got a trio on the show! There was also the mystery of how many there were exactly. :giggle: I thought they were great and were my favorite act to watch. Hanson was a bit before my time so I couldn't have identified them myself, but I heard the rumor that it was them. I wish they had made the finals. :( 

14. Black Swan/JoJo: Ooh, I got this clue wrong, but wouldn't "too little, too late" mean that time *is* up? detective2.gif.be2e7e4dbfe90190433bb4897 But Piglet, Russian Dolls, and Black Swan make up all my S5 favorites. ❤️ I did like that she showcased versatility, although I often felt she could do better than she did. I'm a huge fan of JoJo and have loved her voice for many years. Yeah, the two performances you singled out near the end weren't my favorites. :( LOL the dancers comment. I have to go see that.  She did go through sooo much drama with her record label, so I'm glad she broke free from that at last and also was able to be on the show.

13. Seprent/Dr. Elvis Francois: Oops, I was wrong here too. His costume was a little scary, but not too bad for me compared to others. :lmao: I was also impressed with his vocals. 😮 I had no clue who he was, but I was a fan. I do remember hearing of him going viral, but I could have never guessed him. He was a nice surprise to have on the show though. 

12. Peacock/Donny Osmond:  LOL I actually thought of the ICSYV thing for the clue but wasn't sure. The reasoning I gave also fits. :giggle:  Ghost Hunter. :wub: I think that performance is due for a rewatch. Anyway, Peacock is another I didn't expect this high for no particular reason. But he was one of my favorites on the first season too.  He did great and I love peacocks anyway. :giggle: LOL the hippo comment. :dead:  I agree he always put on a show and was entertaining to watch. I probably would have preferred for him to win but oh well.

11. Thingamajig/Victor Oladipo: Thingamajig was a pleasant surprise for me. I had no clue who he was but I loved his voice.  Ah yes, I loved Rainbow too. :wub: I love the interaction with Nicole and lol... I think we know how you need to dress now to capture her heart. :giggle: How crazy is it that only Ken correctly guessed him. :dead:  Ooh wow, your comment about him being the best non-professional singer so far is interesting. I could agree but may have to double check. :giggle: 

Yay, Top 10! I have no clue how they will rank but am especially happy to see Rottweiler, Turtle, and Seahorse there. :wub:  Oh, an intermission with the contestants from The Masked Dancer would be fun to see. :yes: 

On 8/15/2021 at 6:47 PM, miss denise said:

I learn things all the time. :giggle:  Same!

Oh noooo, don't think that. :(  I wouldn't abandon your lists. I've been so busy and out of town a lot recently. I'm going to be gone again a few days this week, so if I'm delayed again, that's why. But I will always come back. I'm like a boomerang. :wub: :giggle: 

- 😮 But I was never going to ban you, only you said that. :giggle: Haha... maybe I should cry. But it's fine. 😛  Yay. :wub: Oooh okay, that's better at least. ❤️ I truly was heartbroken 😢 but YES! Now I'm just patiently waiting for their duet.

- That is also how I best know them. Haha I've never known how to tell them apart so I'm curious.

- He is, but at least you still like him. You have all the other winners in the Top 10. 😮  They overall rank better for you than me. I understand. Agree with this! Silly Jenny. Seriously.... how did she not know what she was saying about herself? :dead:  I guess congrats on her getting all the boy banders except her own husband? :dead: 

- I'm not at all. I hope that's not a bad "oh", but I can't imagine a good one. :lmao: He was my favorite on the first season, so yes, my first favorite. :giggle:   That's true. Oh yeah, that is very interesting... but good it helped him.

sad-why.gif 

I see the next set and am planning to catch up tonight. :shiftywave: 

:haha:

It's OK. With that said, I may speed things up a bit because I want to finish this thing before the next season starts. :haha: at being a boomerang.

untit.gif&f=1&nofb=1

- OK, I think I'm safe for the time being. Now, now we can't have any tears. At least the explanation was better. Too bad about being heartbroken, and here's to them having a great duet!

- Maybe I can see if I can still tell them apart. :haha:

- What do you know, I do have the remaining winners in the Top 10. It makes sense since I posted your favorite winner. I have a hunch I know who your least favorite winner is. Silly Jenny!

- It was a good "oh". It is good it helped him.

No need to panic because Turtle made the Top 10 after all!

On 8/15/2021 at 10:43 PM, miss denise said:

15. Russian Dolls/Hanson: I did not expect them to rank this high, so I am pleasantly surprised once again. 😮 I loved their costumes and that we got a trio on the show! There was also the mystery of how many there were exactly. :giggle: I thought they were great and were my favorite act to watch. Hanson was a bit before my time so I couldn't have identified them myself, but I heard the rumor that it was them. I wish they had made the finals. :( 

14. Black Swan/JoJo: Ooh, I got this clue wrong, but wouldn't "too little, too late" mean that time *is* up? detective2.gif.be2e7e4dbfe90190433bb4897 But Piglet, Russian Dolls, and Black Swan make up all my S5 favorites. ❤️ I did like that she showcased versatility, although I often felt she could do better than she did. I'm a huge fan of JoJo and have loved her voice for many years. Yeah, the two performances you singled out near the end weren't my favorites. :( LOL the dancers comment. I have to go see that.  She did go through sooo much drama with her record label, so I'm glad she broke free from that at last and also was able to be on the show.

13. Seprent/Dr. Elvis Francois: Oops, I was wrong here too. His costume was a little scary, but not too bad for me compared to others. :lmao: I was also impressed with his vocals. 😮 I had no clue who he was, but I was a fan. I do remember hearing of him going viral, but I could have never guessed him. He was a nice surprise to have on the show though. 

12. Peacock/Donny Osmond:  LOL I actually thought of the ICSYV thing for the clue but wasn't sure. The reasoning I gave also fits. :giggle:  Ghost Hunter. :wub: I think that performance is due for a rewatch. Anyway, Peacock is another I didn't expect this high for no particular reason. But he was one of my favorites on the first season too.  He did great and I love peacocks anyway. :giggle: LOL the hippo comment. :dead:  I agree he always put on a show and was entertaining to watch. I probably would have preferred for him to win but oh well.

11. Thingamajig/Victor Oladipo: Thingamajig was a pleasant surprise for me. I had no clue who he was but I loved his voice.  Ah yes, I loved Rainbow too. :wub: I love the interaction with Nicole and lol... I think we know how you need to dress now to capture her heart. :giggle: How crazy is it that only Ken correctly guessed him. :dead:  Ooh wow, your comment about him being the best non-professional singer so far is interesting. I could agree but may have to double check. :giggle: 

Yay, Top 10! I have no clue how they will rank but am especially happy to see Rottweiler, Turtle, and Seahorse there. :wub:  Oh, an intermission with the contestants from The Masked Dancer would be fun to see. :yes: 

15. To be honest, I didn't think they would be this high myself. :haha: As I was going through the acts, I realized I liked them more than initially thought. The mystery of how many there were was cool although their die-hard fans knew who they were instantly. I thought they were going to make the finals, so their elimination was kind of a surprise.

14. I was trying to say it wasn't too little too late for the act; I could've worded the clue better. Nice to see she, Piglet, and Russian Dolls were your S5 favorites. I see your point about feeling she could've done better. I know you said you weren't fond of the arrangements of the two performances in the show's thread. I thought the dancers were funny. I heard about her drama with her label but wasn't familiar with the details. It's good to see she no longer has those issues.

13. I guess we differ on the costume. :haha: He really did have an impressive voice and was a nice surprise to have on the show.

12. Both reasonings fit the clue although I was unfamiliar with yours. That performance will never get old! I may have to join you with with the rewatch. Agree with just about everything written regarding him.

11. I could dress that way, but I have nowhere near the voice. I'll just accept it as a pipe dream. 😢 :dead: His voice was really good. As far as Ken goes, one thing I noticed is that he tends to get the athletes more times than not, especially more than the rest of the panel. If he's not the best, he is certainly up there. :yes:

Happy to see you're happy about the three mentioned in the Top 10! As far as ranking the contestants from The Masked Dancer is concerned, I think I'll do that one after ranking the Top 10. Speaking of such, I'll see if I can post the clues for #10 some time today.

Alright, here are the clues for #10:

- Cold blooded creature who has an affinity of a certain plant

- Did a song for a soundtrack of a movie series starring an act who appeared in the same season

- Takes pride in two colors despite potential access to more

• 2 weeks later...

It's time to unveil #10! Let's see who it is...

The Clues:

- Cold blooded creature who has an affinity of a certain plant

- Did a song for a soundtrack of a movie series starring an act who appeared in the same season

- Takes pride in two colors despite potential access to more

10. Chameleon/Wiz Khalifa

Season 5: Third Place

MS-S5_BACKDROP_Chameleon_V8-2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 wiz-khalifa.png&f=1&nofb=1

Chameleon - Ride Wit Me

Chameleon - 21 Questions

Chameleon - Hip Hop

Chameleon - Regulate

Chameleon - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See

Chameleon - Drop It Like It’s Hot

Chameleon - Oh Boy

Chameleon - Gangsta’s Paradise

Chameleon Unmasking

Kicking off the Top 10 is the final S5 act to appear in this ranking. Chameleon was someone who I was entertained by on a weekly basis and as someone who is a rap/hip-hop fan, it was really cool to see some more variety. His costume had one of the coolest designs with the 70s style bell bottoms and platform shoes, the stars adorning the outfit, the different tongue lengths, and one thing I noticed late was his eyes moved. Performance wise, he had this cool and confident presence about him, plus his performances looked effortless. Speaking of such, let’s get right into them.

He got off to a solid start with Ride Wit Me although I didn’t enjoy it that much due to not being a fan of the song. It was more of the same with 21 Questions; however, it was his subsequent performance Hip Hop that really caught my attention. First, it was awesome to see a dead prez song perform on a show like this because they aren’t a mainstream group. In addition, the performance itself was great, and this is where I started to become interested in him and looked forward to his performances. Regulate was another strong performance of his although my favorite part was Rita Wilson spitting lyrics from Hip Hop Hooray afterwards. :lmao: His next performance Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See was probably my favorite of his. There was the glowing costume and the longer tongue for some added visual effects. Also, Busta Rhymes is tough to cover because of his speed and technique. Nonetheless, Chameleon went out and did his thing. His next two performances (Drop It Like It's Hot and Oh Boy) were solid although I don’t care for the latter song. He made it to the finals after those two performances, which was a bit of a surprise because I didn’t expect him to outlast Russian Dolls or Yeti; I certainly wasn’t complaining about it, however. Outside of his performances, my favorite Chameleon moment was him singing How Do I Live with Black Swan and Piglet during the finale, and I have to say he didn’t sound too bad. :haha: In the finale, he gave a strong performance of Gangsta’s Paradise in which he sang a little. The only way this would’ve been better is if he did Amish Paradise instead. Despite this, he placed in third which was easy to see coming because Black Swan and Piglet were very popular. He was revealed to be rapper Wiz Khalifa, and I believe Robin was the first to speculate it was him. Funny enough, I don’t care for Wiz outside of the show, but I enjoyed him a lot in it. :haha: Chameleon was a lot of fun to watch and my second favorite rap/hip-hop act on TMS.

10. Chameleon/Wiz Khalifa:

The Top 9:

Monster

Bee

Fox

Rottweiler

Night Angel

Turtle

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

Clues for #9 tomorrow!

• Like 1

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#10 Posted)

Just posting to say I have not forgotten about this! So sorry for the wait, but I am hoping I can catch up Sunday. ❤️  @Crisis

And I am positive on who #9 is and was as soon as I read the first word of the clue. :dead: The rest confirms it. :wub: 

- Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael...:  Ninja Turtle names = turtle. Extra fun that Jesse is often told he looks like Leonardo DiCaprio. :giggle: 

- Began on a road of subconsciousness: He started his music career with Dream Street. Road = street. Subconsciousness = dream. 

- Hung out with a now disgraced family figure:  Lori Loughlin played his aunt on Summerland.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:34 AM, Crisis said:

It's OK. With that said, I may speed things up a bit because I want to finish this thing before the next season starts. :haha: at being a boomerang.

untit.gif&f=1&nofb=1

- OK, I think I'm safe for the time being. Now, now we can't have any tears. At least the explanation was better. Too bad about being heartbroken, and here's to them having a great duet!

No need to panic because Turtle made the Top 10 after all!

12. Both reasonings fit the clue although I was unfamiliar with yours. That performance will never get old! I may have to join you with with the rewatch. Agree with just about everything written regarding him.

11. I could dress that way, but I have nowhere near the voice. I'll just accept it as a pipe dream. 😢 :dead: His voice was really good. As far as Ken goes, one thing I noticed is that he tends to get the athletes more times than not, especially more than the rest of the panel. If he's not the best, he is certainly up there. :yes:

Happy to see you're happy about the three mentioned in the Top 10! As far as ranking the contestants from The Masked Dancer is concerned, I think I'll do that one after ranking the Top 10. Speaking of such, I'll see if I can post the clues for #10 some time today.

Oops! I'm finally catching up after being away, so sorry to delay your plan. ❤️ Aww that gif is so cute. :wub: 

You are safe. :haha:  And yes, if the duet ever comes! I'm tired of waiting. :dead: 😭 

I knew it. 😢 :wub: 

- omg I definitely want to go rewatch it right now! I keep forgetting. :giggle: 

- Awww. 😢 You could dress like that and go on ICSYV to lip sync. 😮  Oh wow, that's an interesting fact about Ken and the athletes. I didn't notice. 

Okay, I look forward to seeing it when you do! And oops I already saw who #10 was before I saw the clues. :blushingwave: 

10. Chameleon/Wiz Khalifa: I wondered where Chameleon would rank since I knew you were a big fan of his. 😮 I know of Wiz Khalifa, but did not have any idea this was him. I definitely don't know his voice well enough. I didn't notice the costume's different tongue lengths. :lmao: But I agree he did perform effortlessly, even though I didn't personally care for him much. Although I'm the opposite of you because I do really like Ride Wit Me. :lmao: I think Hip Hop was probably one of the performances I liked most too. LOL I need to look back on him singing from the finale because I don't remember how he sounded but it would have been interesting if he sang more in some of his own performances. Although you mentioned right after that how he did in his last performance. :haha: Oh wow, I'm shocked you don't even care for him outside of the show, yet here he is in your Top 10. 😮 Did you have any idea it was him? 

On 8/27/2021 at 7:18 PM, miss denise said:

Just posting to say I have not forgotten about this! So sorry for the wait, but I am hoping I can catch up Sunday. ❤️  @Crisis

And I am positive on who #9 is and was as soon as I read the first word of the clue. :dead: The rest confirms it. :wub: 

- Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael...:  Ninja Turtle names = turtle. Extra fun that Jesse is often told he looks like Leonardo DiCaprio. :giggle: 

- Began on a road of subconsciousness: He started his music career with Dream Street. Road = street. Subconsciousness = dream. 

- Hung out with a now disgraced family figure:  Lori Loughlin played his aunt on Summerland.

No problem. I see you have caught up. :yes:

We'll see how you do with the clues. If correct, it may have been the one thing to bring you of hiding. :giggle:That's a fun fact regarding the first clue, assuming it's correct. :giggle:

On 8/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, miss denise said:

Oops! I'm finally catching up after being away, so sorry to delay your plan. ❤️ Aww that gif is so cute. :wub: 

You are safe. :haha:  And yes, if the duet ever comes! I'm tired of waiting. :dead: 😭 

I knew it. 😢 :wub: 

- omg I definitely want to go rewatch it right now! I keep forgetting. :giggle: 

- Awww. 😢 You could dress like that and go on ICSYV to lip sync. 😮  Oh wow, that's an interesting fact about Ken and the athletes. I didn't notice. 

Okay, I look forward to seeing it when you do! And oops I already saw who #10 was before I saw the clues. :blushingwave: 

10. Chameleon/Wiz Khalifa: I wondered where Chameleon would rank since I knew you were a big fan of his. 😮 I know of Wiz Khalifa, but did not have any idea this was him. I definitely don't know his voice well enough. I didn't notice the costume's different tongue lengths. :lmao: But I agree he did perform effortlessly, even though I didn't personally care for him much. Although I'm the opposite of you because I do really like Ride Wit Me. :lmao: I think Hip Hop was probably one of the performances I liked most too. LOL I need to look back on him singing from the finale because I don't remember how he sounded but it would have been interesting if he sang more in some of his own performances. Although you mentioned right after that how he did in his last performance. :haha: Oh wow, I'm shocked you don't even care for him outside of the show, yet here he is in your Top 10. 😮 Did you have any idea it was him? 

You ought to be sorry! 😛 It is a nice gif if I say so myself.

Whew! It may come when you least expect it.

I treat Denise's favorites well or at least try to.

- There's never a bad time to rewatch such epic-ness! :haha:

- I could, but there would be no Nicole there unless she became a permanent panelist (I wonder if there will be another season. If so, I'd definitely watch; however, it would be difficult to top two guest singers from the first season 🥰). 😢 Maybe it'll be something to look out for in the upcoming season.

10. The tongue lengths were difficult to pick up on at first, but thy were there. It was really noticeable during PYHWMECS. I knew you didn't care for him much, so you were probably happy he didn't win. :lmao: It certainly would've been interesting if he sang more in his performances, kind of like Yeti rapping in one of his. As I said, I try to separate what the acts are like on the show from how they are off of it. :haha: I enjoyed him here although I don't care for his original music. I kind of figured it was him from his third performance because I somewhat recognized his voice and some of the clues.

#9 should be posted within the next couple of days.

Time for #9!

The Clues:

- Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael...

- Began on a road of subconsciousness

- Hung out with a now disgraced family figure

9. Turtle/Jesse McCartney

Season 3: Second Place

rs_1024x900-200121114651-1024x900.the-masked-singer-turtle-lp.12120.jpg?fit=inside%257C900:auto%26output-quality=90&f=1&nofb=1 jesse-mccartney-hairstyles-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Turtle - Kiss From A Rose

Turtle - Say You Won’t Let Go

Turtle - There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back

Turtle - Higher Love

Turtle - Let It Go

Turtle - Stay

Turtle - Fix You

Turtle - Jealous

Turtle - Before You Go

Turtle Unmasking

Coming in at #9 is the reptilian S3 runner up. Normally, acts like this aren’t my style; however, he was a really strong, versatile, and consistent performer that I knew I had to place him in my Top 10. With that said, the costume wasn’t one of my favorites mainly because I didn’t think it resembled a turtle; if anything it looked more like an iguana. I wouldn’t have known it was a turtle if not for the shell. Nonetheless, it wasn’t enough to prevent a high ranking; besides, the performances were strong enough to overcome any costume issues, if they can be called that (it’s just me nitpicking :haha:).

Turtle got off to a great start with Kiss From A Rose. It doesn’t hurt that I love the song. With that said, the thing I remember the most from the performance was Ken going whoa in the middle of it. :lmao: He followed that with a strong performance of Say You Won’t Let Go. I think it was his best performance from a technical standpoint. After two solid ballads, he came out and gave a lively performance of There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back in which he showed some nice dance moves. In addition, as with Astronaut he made me enjoy a Shawn Mendes song (I guess anyone can tell I’m not a Shawn Mendes fan :haha:). He sang Higher Love the next time he took the stage, which was another lively performance. After two up-tempo numbers, he sang another ballad with Let It Go. Next, he performed another fun up-tempo with Stay; having said that, the look on Nick’s face while dancing to it in the audience is what comes to mind when I think of this performance. :haha: It’s completely random, but what have you. Following that was another ballad with Fix You. Now I am not a Coldplay fan nor do I like the song; however, this is one of the more heartfelt and emotional performances of the season. It’s between this and Let It Go at least IMO. He returned to a more up-tempo number with Jealous the next time he took the stage. The performance was fun to watch; however, Jealous is a song I grew tired of listening to because I’ve heard it so many times. He easily made it to the finale where he gave a very strong performance of Before You Go. Nevertheless, I didn’t enjoy it too much because this is another song and artist I am not a fan of. If there’s anyone I like less than Shawn Mendes, it’s Lewis Capaldi. To be honest, I thought he was going to win after that performance; however, he placed second and was unmasked as Jesse McCartney. I believe Nicole was the first one to pick up on him. I was happy Night Angel won (she has yet to show up after all. Also, I know a certain mod will vehemently disagree with me here :giggle:); however, Turtle winning would’ve been something I wouldn’t have complained about. If I’m being objective, he was the most consistent act; it’s just that I enjoyed two others from the season more. Nonetheless, Turtle was an act I enjoyed when it’s all said and done. :yes:

09. Turtle/Jesse McCartney:

The Elite 8:

Monster

Bee

Fox

Rottweiler

Night Angel

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

Clues for #8 coming soon!

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#9 Posted)
On 8/31/2021 at 1:29 PM, Crisis said:

We'll see how you do with the clues. If correct, it may have been the one thing to bring you of hiding. :giggle:That's a fun fact regarding the first clue, assuming it's correct. :giggle:

You ought to be sorry! 😛 It is a nice gif if I say so myself.

Whew! It may come when you least expect it.

I treat Denise's favorites well or at least try to.

- There's never a bad time to rewatch such epic-ness! :haha:

- I could, but there would be no Nicole there unless she became a permanent panelist (I wonder if there will be another season. If so, I'd definitely watch; however, it would be difficult to top two guest singers from the first season 🥰). 😢 Maybe it'll be something to look out for in the upcoming season.

10. The tongue lengths were difficult to pick up on at first, but thy were there. It was really noticeable during PYHWMECS. I knew you didn't care for him much, so you were probably happy he didn't win. :lmao: It certainly would've been interesting if he sang more in his performances, kind of like Yeti rapping in one of his. As I said, I try to separate what the acts are like on the show from how they are off of it. :haha: I enjoyed him here although I don't care for his original music. I kind of figured it was him from his third performance because I somewhat recognized his voice and some of the clues.

#9 should be posted within the next couple of days.

I guess so. :dead:  It was correct and I am here for it. :giggle: 

😢 

Not sure if it's possible since I'm always expecting it. :lmao: 

I appreciate that. :wub: 

- Let's do it now! 

:dead: 

- We'll have to make sure she's there for you. 😮  And I sure hope there's another season! That show is amazing. :dead: But hey, you could say three. 😢 Oh yes, I'll try to remember.

Ahh I see... I'll have to look for that... maybe. :lmao: OMG this part about him not winning. :dead:  I don't want to think of it that way, but Piglet and Black Swan were my favorites (outside of Russian Dolls).  True. Ooh yes, you do but I'm just amazed how he was your favorite and you don't like him outside the show. :haha:  Ahh you're much better at that than me.

09. Turtle/Jesse McCartney: Can you see my heart eyes?! :wub: Reptilian Jesse. ❤️  I love that you called him strong, versatile, and consistent, because I definitely felt that way. I didn't expect him in your Top 10 but am SO HAPPY. I love his costume, although it's interesting they gave him this ~punk rock~ version of it. I guess it made it cooler... and hotter. :giggle: lol your comment on Ken during his first performance. But I loved every single Turtle performance. :wub:  They're all so good. :wub: I love how he showcased his voice, especially the falsetto, but also showcased his moves and entertaining side. ❤️ I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM. 😭  "In addition, as with Astronaut he made me enjoy a Shawn Mendes song" My boys did that. :wub: :wub:  omg you remembering other people's reactions the most from his performances! But the dance breakdown in Stay was... :omg:  I was dead. Your comments on his performance of Fix You. :wub:  OMG no, you lost me on his finale performance. :broken:  You were going to enjoy them all.... and that one is my actual very favorite. 😭  The emotion he poured into it was so palpable. 😭  Just hearing the vocal breaks me. I can't go on. My heart won't go on. /dramatic Anyway, that was a winning performance for me and I can't discuss what happened after. :broken:  I love that you say he was the most consistent though. 😢 

I also have to share my Turtle montage because it reached over 1 million views. :omg: 😢 

- Amanda Avila, Pia Toscano, and Hollie Cavanagh: They're all from Idol, which makes me think Rottweiler or Seahorse, but... I'm confused because these three are so random. :dead: Hmm. I'm missing something. 

- Like to just kick it among the stars in a dark environment: This sounds like Night Angel. I don't know how it could be anything else? :lmao: 

- Placed some tender, love, and care on a hit single: Kandi Burruss worked on TLC's song "No Scrubs" sooo yes, this must be Night Angel. Still not sure how to tie her to the first clue. 

On 9/7/2021 at 6:55 PM, miss denise said:

I guess so. :dead:  It was correct and I am here for it. :giggle: 

😢 

Not sure if it's possible since I'm always expecting it. :lmao: 

I appreciate that. :wub: 

- Let's do it now! 

:dead: 

- We'll have to make sure she's there for you. 😮  And I sure hope there's another season! That show is amazing. :dead: But hey, you could say three. 😢 Oh yes, I'll try to remember.

True. Ooh yes, you do but I'm just amazed how he was your favorite and you don't like him outside the show. :haha:  Ahh you're much better at that than me.

09. Turtle/Jesse McCartney: Can you see my heart eyes?! :wub: Reptilian Jesse. ❤️  I love that you called him strong, versatile, and consistent, because I definitely felt that way. I didn't expect him in your Top 10 but am SO HAPPY. I love his costume, although it's interesting they gave him this ~punk rock~ version of it. I guess it made it cooler... and hotter. :giggle: lol your comment on Ken during his first performance. But I loved every single Turtle performance. :wub:  They're all so good. :wub: I love how he showcased his voice, especially the falsetto, but also showcased his moves and entertaining side. ❤️ I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM. 😭  "In addition, as with Astronaut he made me enjoy a Shawn Mendes song" My boys did that. :wub: :wub:  omg you remembering other people's reactions the most from his performances! But the dance breakdown in Stay was... :omg:  I was dead. Your comments on his performance of Fix You. :wub:  OMG no, you lost me on his finale performance. :broken:  You were going to enjoy them all.... and that one is my actual very favorite. 😭  The emotion he poured into it was so palpable. 😭  Just hearing the vocal breaks me. I can't go on. My heart won't go on. /dramatic Anyway, that was a winning performance for me and I can't discuss what happened after. :broken:  I love that you say he was the most consistent though. 😢 

I also have to share my Turtle montage because it reached over 1 million views. :omg: 😢 

Well what do you know? You were correct unfortunately. 😛

Hey, I don't want any crying here!

I'm sure it will be worth it when it finally happens. :yes:

:yes:

- This will never get old! :dead: I don't know if there will be anything to top it should there be another season! :dead:

- Yeah. There could be three permanent panelists with the fourth one rotating and the fifth being the guest singer of course. It is amazing! You can love the third person for the both of us! :haha:

As I mentioned in the opening post, I'm a weirdo. :haha: I guess that explains why I'm able to do such a thing like separating the two. :haha: Don't sell yourself short; you're probably better at it than you think.

09. I can see them quite clear. :haha: What can I say? You should know to expect the unexpected from a Crisis thread by now. :lmao: At least you're happy about his spot and not crying about it. ❤️ Putting it that way, it did seem like a punk-rock version of it, which is pretty much the opposite of who he is. :haha: Why am I not surprised you enjoyed all of his performances? :lmao: He did do a great job of showcasing his voice and his entertaining side. :yes: I didn't realize I wrote a lot about other people's reactions in the write-up. The dance breakdown was something to see. Happy to see you like my comments on Fix You; however, it doesn't appear you cared too much for my comments on Before You Go, especially since it's your favorite. 💔 Oh no, we're now seeing dramatic Denise. 😮 I know the end result was heartbreaking for you. Now I'm curious, which was more devastating: Turtle or Archie? You don't have to answer if you don't want. At least you appreciate me saying he was the most consistent.

It is a great montage, and it's great it has over a million views. It looks like it has over 14,000 likes as well. I just realized I didn't post his unmasked video; I'll take care of that right now.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:07 PM, miss denise said:

- Amanda Avila, Pia Toscano, and Hollie Cavanagh: They're all from Idol, which makes me think Rottweiler or Seahorse, but... I'm confused because these three are so random. :dead: Hmm. I'm missing something. 

- Like to just kick it among the stars in a dark environment: This sounds like Night Angel. I don't know how it could be anything else? :lmao: 

- Placed some tender, love, and care on a hit single: Kandi Burruss worked on TLC's song "No Scrubs" sooo yes, this must be Night Angel. Still not sure how to tie her to the first clue. 

I plan to post #8 some time today. We'll see if you're right or not. It doesn't look like I'll finish this before S6, so I'll just update when I have the free time.

It's time for #8!

The Clues:

- Amanda Avila, Pia Toscano, and Hollie Cavanagh

- Like to just kick it among the stars in a dark environment

- Placed some tender, love, and care on a hit single

8. Night Angel/Kandi Burruss

Season 3: First Place

Night-Angel-the-masked-singer-43215628-3043-3500.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 15729792395952.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Night Angel - You Give Love A Bad Name

Night Angel - Million Reasons

Night Angel - Shout!

Night Angel - Rise Up

Night Angel - Man! I Feel Like A Woman

Night Angel - Black Velvet

Night Angel - Last Dance

Night Angel - How To Love

Night Angel - River Deep - Mountain High

Night Angel Unmasking

At #8 we go from the S3 runner-up to the S3 winner. Night Angel’s costume was interesting to say the least. The purple, pink, and gold color scheme shouldn’t work, yet it fits together. With that said, I don’t think the train was necessary, especially with the wings. Finally, the open mouth face was kind of creepy. Based on everything written, it appears I’m not the biggest fan of the costume. :haha: However, she is here because I enjoyed her performances enough to offset the costume.

Performance wise, Night Angel had a nice balance of slow and up-tempo songs. She certainly got off to a strong start with You Give Love A Bad Name. She displayed some great power and had a strong stage presence. She followed that with a more subtle performance of Million Reasons, which happens to be one of my favorite Lady Gaga songs. She advanced to the Group C finals where she sang Shout. The performance may have been campy, but the song itself calls for it to be campy. The only downside was the lips costumes the dancers wore (Obviously, I’m not a fan of costumes based off of lips :haha:). From there she sang Rise Up which was solid and she showcased her range well; however, as I’ve said a number of times I can go multiple lifetimes without hearing that song again. One of the things that stood out was Nicole’s open mouth reaction (I don’t know why; I’m weird like that). She went back to an up-tempo song with Man! I Feel Like A Woman which was a lot of fun, plus she showed off some nice dancing. She followed that with a gritty performance of Black Velvet. With that said, my favorite parts of the performance were the dancers who cracked me up and Nicole who looked like she was really feeling the song. :lmao: Night Angel gave a fun and infectious performance of Last Dance the next time she took the stage. Following Last Dance she gave an intriguing performance of How To Love to say the least. I liked how she dedicated the song to Robot aka Lil Wayne, who was the first act eliminated that season. Having said that, I’m not really a fan of the song, so I didn’t enjoy this as much as some of her other performances. What made the performance intriguing was how it started off as a ballad before adding a trap beat and becoming more up-tempo during the last portion of the song. In the finals, she sang River Deep - Mountain High, which was a great showing. The most memorable part was the long note she held at the end. With that said, as good as it was, I felt it was the weakest performance of the three despite not liking the song Before You Go. :stealth: I thought she would place third like the female contestants before her in the previous two seasons; however, she won the whole thing, which I understand was highly controversial at the time. I, for one, was happy to see her win, which may be an unpopular opinion (what's new there? :haha:). She was unmasked as Kandi Burruss, and I can’t remember if any of the panelists thought it was her early on. Overall, I think Night Angel may be underrated because of her win, but she was a strong act and one of my favorites when it’s all said and done.

08. Night Angel/Kandi Burruss:

An explanation of the first two clues for Denise:

- The three women in the first clue were AI contestants. However, the main thing they have in common is all three of them sang River Deep - Mountain High on Idol. Of course, Night Angel sang the song during the S3 finale of TMS.

- The "just kick it" part was a reference to the Xscape song Just Kickin It. Kandi was a member of Xscape. The stars in a dark environment is a reference to her Night Angel outfit. You mostly see stars at night, and angels are known to fly.

The Magnificent Seven:

Monster

Bee

Fox

Rottweiler

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

I'll just post the clues for #7 here:

- Could have something colorful in common with another Top 10 act

- Has a license to kill anyone with vocals

- Was eliminated in another show in a week in which the buzz should've been strong

• Like 1

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#8 Posted)
On 9/11/2021 at 10:20 PM, Crisis said:

The Magnificent Seven:

Monster

Bee

Fox

Rottweiler

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

I'll just post the clues for #7 here:

- Could have something colorful in common with another Top 10 act

- Has a license to kill anyone with vocals

- Was eliminated in another show in a week in which the buzz should've been strong

Bee

On 9/11/2021 at 1:20 PM, Crisis said:

Well what do you know? You were correct unfortunately. 😛

- This will never get old! :dead: I don't know if there will be anything to top it should there be another season! :dead:

As I mentioned in the opening post, I'm a weirdo. :haha: I guess that explains why I'm able to do such a thing like separating the two. :haha: Don't sell yourself short; you're probably better at it than you think.

09. I can see them quite clear. :haha: What can I say? You should know to expect the unexpected from a Crisis thread by now. :lmao: At least you're happy about his spot and not crying about it. ❤️ Putting it that way, it did seem like a punk-rock version of it, which is pretty much the opposite of who he is. :haha: Why am I not surprised you enjoyed all of his performances? :lmao: He did do a great job of showcasing his voice and his entertaining side. :yes: I didn't realize I wrote a lot about other people's reactions in the write-up. The dance breakdown was something to see. Happy to see you like my comments on Fix You; however, it doesn't appear you cared too much for my comments on Before You Go, especially since it's your favorite. 💔 Oh no, we're now seeing dramatic Denise. 😮 I know the end result was heartbreaking for you. Now I'm curious, which was more devastating: Turtle or Archie? You don't have to answer if you don't want. At least you appreciate me saying he was the most consistent.

It is a great montage, and it's great it has over a million views. It looks like it has over 14,000 likes as well. I just realized I didn't post his unmasked video; I'll take care of that right now.

I plan to post #8 some time today. We'll see if you're right or not. It doesn't look like I'll finish this before S6, so I'll just update when I have the free time.

Why is that unfortunate? 😮 You want me to stay in hiding. 😢 

I KNOW! :dead:  Ugh, maybe not, but I'm ready for them to try. :dead: And the video is unavailable for me now. :(  There better still be somewhere to watch that iconic performance. :omg:  

lol. :lmao:  Aww that's nice, thanks. :hug: 

I thought so. :wub:  lol I guess I should. I am happy! Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said "punk rock" regarding his costume a couple times. Because all his performances were so good. ❤️ I'm glad you think so! lol yeah. The dance breakdown was an *amazing* something to see. :wub:  I do and yeah, that one is my favorite and touched me so much. 😭  I love being dramatic sometimes. :giggle: Oh wow, this painful question! :shock:  That is so interesting and strange to think about... both were terrible and I was sure both could win. :broken: Maybe Archie because I was a lot younger and that was more of a competition, while this show is more for fun? But... it was still awful for me. 👽  I do. ❤️ 

Thank you. I had to toot my own horn for a minute because it's such an accomplishment that I can't believe. :blushingwave: Oh yay! 

I'm sorry if I messed up your schedule. 😢 

08. Night Angel/Kandi Burruss: I wasn't a fan of her costume, as that face scared me so much. :ph34rwave:  My mom also hated it. I do love the colors though... but also don't know what a Night Angel is supposed to be. :lmao:  Okay anyway, she did well with her performances, but I never personally cared for her. I thought the judges overhyped her a lot. :( I love your comment on lips costumes. :giggle: "One of the things that stood out was Nicole’s open mouth reaction (I don’t know why; I’m weird like that). " :dead:  Oh :shock: at you saying her finale performance was the weakest and thought she would place third. I don't know what I thought would happen with her placement...  but I did prefer Frog over her. 

"An explanation of the first two clues for Denise:" :dead:  Oh, I get the detail of the first one now. I wish I could have thought of that. :haha:  I did get the second part of the second clue, at least. :haha: 

- Could have something colorful in common with another Top 10 act: Not sure on this one, but I really want to know. Hmmm. 

- Has a license to kill anyone with vocals: Gladys Knight has a song "License to Kill", so this could be Bee. 

- Was eliminated in another show in a week in which the buzz should've been strong: Gladys was eliminated during the Motown theme on DWTS, which was ironic... and "buzz" can refer to the Bee costume. :haha: 

On 9/14/2021 at 6:36 PM, miss denise said:

Why is that unfortunate? 😮 You want me to stay in hiding. 😢 

I KNOW! :dead:  Ugh, maybe not, but I'm ready for them to try. :dead: And the video is unavailable for me now. :(  There better still be somewhere to watch that iconic performance. :omg:  

I thought so. :wub:  lol I guess I should. I am happy! Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said "punk rock" regarding his costume a couple times. Because all his performances were so good. ❤️ I'm glad you think so! lol yeah. The dance breakdown was an *amazing* something to see. :wub:  I do and yeah, that one is my favorite and touched me so much. 😭  I love being dramatic sometimes. :giggle: Oh wow, this painful question! :shock:  That is so interesting and strange to think about... both were terrible and I was sure both could win. :broken: Maybe Archie because I was a lot younger and that was more of a competition, while this show is more for fun? But... it was still awful for me. 👽  I do. ❤️ 

Thank you. I had to toot my own horn for a minute because it's such an accomplishment that I can't believe. :blushingwave: Oh yay! 

I'm sorry if I messed up your schedule. 😢 

08. Night Angel/Kandi Burruss: I wasn't a fan of her costume, as that face scared me so much. :ph34rwave:  My mom also hated it. I do love the colors though... but also don't know what a Night Angel is supposed to be. :lmao:  Okay anyway, she did well with her performances, but I never personally cared for her. I thought the judges overhyped her a lot. :( I love your comment on lips costumes. :giggle: "One of the things that stood out was Nicole’s open mouth reaction (I don’t know why; I’m weird like that). " :dead:  Oh :shock: at you saying her finale performance was the weakest and thought she would place third. I don't know what I thought would happen with her placement...  but I did prefer Frog over her. 

"An explanation of the first two clues for Denise:" :dead:  Oh, I get the detail of the first one now. I wish I could have thought of that. :haha:  I did get the second part of the second clue, at least. :haha: 

- Could have something colorful in common with another Top 10 act: Not sure on this one, but I really want to know. Hmmm. 

- Has a license to kill anyone with vocals: Gladys Knight has a song "License to Kill", so this could be Bee. 

- Was eliminated in another show in a week in which the buzz should've been strong: Gladys was eliminated during the Motown theme on DWTS, which was ironic... and "buzz" can refer to the Bee costume. :haha: 

No, it was a joke!

We just need someone who's as over the top as Donny! :lmao: How dare they make the video of such iconic television not available?! 😡 Whoever did such a thing has no taste! 😤

Happy to see you're happy! Oh, I guess I wasn't paying too much attention when they referenced it. :haha: I don't have much argument regarding his performances. I kind of noticed you like to bring the drama once in a while. :giggle: I understand the reasoning of why Archie's was more devastating. I think it has to do with the level of investment because the voters determine who wins whereas it's only a few groups who determine the winner of TMS. Plus the stakes are higher on Idol because the prize is a recording contract whereas it's a trophy and bragging rights on TMS.

There's nothing wrong with tooting one's own horn at such an accomplishment! :yes:

Oh no, you didn't mess up anything. I've been so busy I haven't been able to churn out any rankings or write-ups at the pace I want. Ah, the wonder that is life.

08. I can definitely see how the face can be creepy. :lmao: I had a feeling this was an act you wouldn't care for. The panel hypes everyone! I didn't feel she was hyped more than most. I'd probably have to check myself in therapy if there are any more lips-based costumes. :lmao: As you know, I'm not afraid to be critical of acts or people I'm a fan of. Seeing that Frog has yet to be ranked, I like him over her as well; however, I still am a fan of Night Angel. 

Well, you were the only one to try to guess the clues. :dead:

I'll try to post #7 tomorrow. I'll see if I have the time. We'll see about the guesses for the clues...