Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (S6 #04-01 Posted)

The-Masked-Singer.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Hello! I’m here to bring my chaotic brand of rankings from the American Idol subforum to The Masked Singer one. :haha: In this thread I’ll rank every masked act from S1-S5. A few things to keep in mind while reading this thread:

• These are only my personal opinions. I’m just some random weirdo on the Internet, so my thoughts won't have any impact on the rest of the world. If I rank anyone’s favorite act low, it’s nothing personal. I’ll try to be respectful, but at the same time I’ll try to have fun and give my honest opinions.
  • The rankings and opinions will mostly reflect what the acts do on the show. Outside influences (i.e. politics, lifestyles, etc.) will have very little if any impact on them.
  • For anyone who hasn’t watched any of the show and is following the list, there WILL be spoilers. I will reveal the acts along with their costumes, so consider this a warning should anyone decide to read beyond this point.

Seeing that the S5 Finale is happening tomorrow night, I’ll try to start this ranking this weekend. All of the placements of the acts should be settled by that time. I’m looking forward to starting this thing and reading anyone’s thoughts about my rankings. Hopefully there is something to enjoy on this crazy roller-coaster ride in some form or another!

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 2

Acts

Season 1

Monster

Peacock

Bee

Rabbit

Lion

Alien

Raven

Unicorn

Poodle

Deer

Pineapple

Hippo

Season 2

Fox

Rottweiler

Flamingo

Leopard

Thingamajig

Tree

Butterfly

Flower

Ladybug

Black Widow

Penguin

Skeleton

Eagle

Panda

Ice Cream

Egg

Season 3

Night Angel

Turtle

Frog

Rhino

Kitty

Astronaut

Banana

Kangaroo

White Tiger

T-Rex

Swan

Bear

Taco

Mouse

Elephant

Miss Monster

Llama

Robot

Season 4

Sun

Mushroom

Crocodile

Seahorse

Jellyfish

Popcorn

Broccoli

Serpent

Whatchamacallit

Snow Owls

Squiggly Monster

Lips

Baby Alien

Giraffe

Gremlin

Dragon

Season 5

Piglet

Black Swan

Chameleon

Yeti

Russian Dolls

Robopine

Seashell

Crab

Orca

Grandpa Monster

Raccoon

Phoenix

Snail

Season 6

Queen Of Hearts

Bull

Banana Split

Skunk

Caterpillar

Mallard

Pepper

Jester

Beach Ball

Hamster

Cupcake

Baby

Dalmatian

Pufferfish

Mother Nature

Octopus

Edited by Crisis

Rankings

Honorable Mentions

75-71

70-66

65-61

60-56

55-51

50-46

45-41

40-36

35-31

30-26

25-21

20-16

15-11

Honorable Mentions:

Bulldog/Nick Cannon

Cluedle-Doo/Donnie Wahlberg

Acts:

75. Lips/Wendy Williams

74. Gremlin/Mickey Rourke

73. Raccoon/Danny Trejo

72. Hippo/Antonio Brown

71. Egg/Johnny Weir

70. Phoenix/Caitlyn Jenner

69. Pineapple/Tommy Chong

68. Elephant/Tony Hawk

67. Ice Cream/Tyler "Ninja" Blevins

66. Grandpa Monster/Logan Paul

65. Giraffe/Brian Austin Green

64. Deer/Terry Bradshaw

63. White Tiger/Rob Gronkowski

62. Llama/Drew Carey

61. Bear/Sarah Palin

60. Eagle/Dr. Drew Pinsky

59. T-Rex/JoJo Siwa

58. Panda/Laila Ali

57. Skeleton/Paul Shaffer

56. Squiggly Monster/Bob Saget

55. Unicorn/Tori Spelling

54. Swan/Bella Thorne

53. Broccoli/Paul Anka

52. Taco/Tom Bergeron

51. Kangaroo/Jordyn Woods 

50. Penguin/Sherri Shepherd

49. Poodle/Margaret/Cho

48. Ladybug/Kelly Osbourne

47. Robot/Lil Wayne

46. Baby Alien/Mark Sanchez

45. Raven/Ricki Lake

44. Orca/Mark McGrath

43. Whatchamacallit/Lonzo Ball

42. Black Widow/Raven-Symone

41. Tree/Ana Gasteyer

40. Alien/La Toya Jackson

39. Banana/Bret Michaels

38. Rhino/Barry Zito

37. Mouse/Dionne Warwick

36. Snail/Kermit The Frog

35. Butterfly/Michelle Williams

34. Crocodile/Nick Carter

33. Crab/Bobby Brown

32. Miss Monster/Chaka Khan

31. Dragon/Busta Rhymes

30. Robopine/Tyrese Gibson

29. Popcorn/Taylor Dayne

28. Lion/Rumer Willis

27. Jellyfish/Chloe Kim

26. Flower/Patti LaBelle

25. Leopard/Seal

24. Astronaut/Hunter Hayes

23. Snow Owls/Clint and Lisa Hartman Black

22. Seashell/Tamera Mowry-Housley

21. Mushroom/Aloe Blacc

20. Piglet/Nick Lachey

19. Kitty/Jackie Evancho

18. Yeti/Omarion

17. Flamingo/Adrienne Bailon-Houghton

16. Rabbit/Joey Fatone

15. Russian Dolls/Hanson

14. Black Swan/JoJo

13. Serpent/Dr. Elvis Francois

12. Peacock/Donny Osmond

11. Thingamajig/Victor Oladipo

10. Chameleon/Wiz Khalifa

09. Turtle/Jesse McCartney

08. Night Angel/Kandi Burruss

07. Bee/Gladys Knight

06. Rottweiler/Chris Daughtry

05. Fox/Wayne Brady

04. Frog/Bow Wow

03. Seahorse/Tori Kelly

02. Sun/LeAnn Rimes

01. Monster/T-Pain

S6 Rankings:

16-13

12-09

08-05

04-01

S6 Acts:

16. Beach Ball/Honey Boo Boo and Mama June

15. Dalmatian/Tyga

14. Mother Nature/Vivica A. Fox

13. Hamster/Rob Schneider

12. Cupcake/Ruth Pointer

11. Caterpillar/Bobby Berk

10. Jester/Johnny Rotten

09. Baby/Larry The Cable Guy

08. Mallard/Willie Robertson

07. Pufferfish/Toni Braxton

06. Octopus/Dwight Howard

05. Pepper/Natasha Bedingfield

04. Queen Of Hearts/Jewel

03. Skunk/Faith Evans

02. Banana Split/David Foster & Katharine McPhee-Foster

01. Bull/Todrick Hall

Edited by Crisis

A couple of honorable mentions to talk about before getting to the main list.

Honorable Mentions

Bulldog/Nick Cannon

00168984-750x500.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 nick-cannon-masked-singer-t.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Bulldog - Candy Girl

For the first five episodes of S9, Niecy Nash hosted the show in place of Nick Cannon who was in quarantine due to testing positive for COVID. One of the twists added to S5 was four Wildcard Contestants. One of them was the Bulldog who was introduced in Episode 5. He gave a fun and energetic performance of the New Edition hit “Candy Girl”; however, his time on the show was short-lived. At the end of the episode, in an unprecedented move Niecy announced she would pick who would be eliminated instead of having the panel and audience vote, and that person had to unmask. She picked Bulldog, who of course turned out to be Nick Cannon himself. It was easy to see what would happen once Niecy announced the twist. Regardless, it was a nice way to re-introduce Nick to the show, and from there he would return to his original position as the host. One thing I’m still bitter about is I wanted to know the first impression guesses of the panel. :/ :haha:

Cluedle-Doo/Donnie Wahlberg

BB1fEWan.img?h=630%26w=1200%26m=6%26q=60%26o=t%26l=f%26f=jpg&f=1&nofb=1 1862.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Cluedle-Doo - Return of the Mack

Another twist added to S5 was this mysterious costumed person known as Cluedle-Doo. Each episode he would drop some clues about one of the acts unknown to the panel. Later in the season he would appear on the set and mess with the panel whether providing a clue to throw them off or outright stealing some of them. He would appear one last time in the semi-finals and performed “Return Of The Mack” before revealing who he was. Cluedle-Doo was none other than Donnie Wahlberg. He was guessed a lot in prior seasons, so it was good to see him on the show even if it wasn’t in the most conventional way. One of the most hilarious things about his revelation was the panel had the opportunity to guess who he was, and Jenny guessed he was Akon! :dead: You’d think she’d know her husband better than that! :dead: To be honest I didn’t care for the gimmick at first; however, it grew on me some as the season went along and the payoff with his unmasking was well worth it. :yes:

Bulldog/Nick Cannon:

Cluedle Doo/Donnie Wahlberg:

On 5/25/2021 at 8:01 PM, Crisis said:

These are only my personal opinions. I’m just some random weirdo on the Internet, so my thoughts won't have any impact on the rest of the world. 

:dead:  

It impacts me greatly though. :giggle: 

Bulldog/Nick Cannon: Hahahaha his inclusion as a masked contestant was such a funny trick. :giggle:  His performance was really fun, but something was definitely up with Niecy "choosing" who to unmask. :lmao: I agree with all your thoughts! We now know Nicole though Chameleon was Nick for her first impression guess though. :giggle: 

Cluedle Doo/Donnie Wahlberg: I enjoyed Cluedle Doo, although it's too bad he won't return now that he's been unmasked. :haha: I wonder if they'll have some other character to do something like this. But LOL yes Jenny guessing Akon was so :dead: Haha I did think I remembered you being annoyed with him, so I'm glad he grew on you over time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

You decided to do it. 😮  And didn't tell me it was posted. :dead:  

Well, I will be here to comment and try not to cry. :giggle: 

Yep, I'm doing it! :giggle: I probably could've tagged you, but I'm not comfortable tagging people out of the blue. I just create the threads and go through with them whether anyone follows or not. I'll let you know should I create any other threads, including the two I'm thinking about in the Idol subforum.

It looks like it'll only be the two of us here. :haha: I can't make any promises, but I'll try not to make anyone cry. :giggle:

:dead:  

It impacts me greatly though. :giggle: 

Bulldog/Nick Cannon: Hahahaha his inclusion as a masked contestant was such a funny trick. :giggle:  His performance was really fun, but something was definitely up with Niecy "choosing" who to unmask. :lmao: I agree with all your thoughts! We now know Nicole though Chameleon was Nick for her first impression guess though. :giggle: 

Cluedle Doo/Donnie Wahlberg: I enjoyed Cluedle Doo, although it's too bad he won't return now that he's been unmasked. :haha: I wonder if they'll have some other character to do something like this. But LOL yes Jenny guessing Akon was so :dead: Haha I did think I remembered you being annoyed with him, so I'm glad he grew on you over time.

It shouldn't be that bad. :lmao:

Bulldog/Nick Cannon: It was a clever way to let everyone know Nick was back. Yeah, his revelation was obvious because of the trick. :haha: In addition, his costume wasn't as well designed as the others, so that should've been a clue letting everyone know something was up. What was up with that first impression guess from Nicole. :haha:

Cluedle-Doo/Donnie Wahlberg: Seeing that they guess him all the time, it would be a hoot if Jamie Foxx were to be the next Cluedle-Doo type of character and the panel not get him. :lmao: As for Cluedle-Doo, Jenny bragging about her knowing boy bands during Piglet's unmasking while incorrectly guessing the boy bander she should've gotten the most was a huge case of irony. :dead: Yeah at the last sentence.

I may post clues for the first set later today.

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Yep, I'm doing it! :giggle: I probably could've tagged you, but I'm not comfortable tagging people out of the blue. I just create the threads and go through with them whether anyone follows or not. I'll let you know should I create any other threads, including the two I'm thinking about in the Idol subforum.

It looks like it'll only be the two of us here. :haha: I can't make any promises, but I'll try not to make anyone cry. :giggle:

It shouldn't be that bad. :lmao:

Bulldog/Nick Cannon: It was a clever way to let everyone know Nick was back. Yeah, his revelation was obvious because of the trick. :haha: In addition, his costume wasn't as well designed as the others, so that should've been a clue letting everyone know something was up. What was up with that first impression guess from Nicole. :haha:

Cluedle-Doo/Donnie Wahlberg: Seeing that they guess him all the time, it would be a hoot if Jamie Foxx were to be the next Cluedle-Doo type of character and the panel not get him. :lmao: As for Cluedle-Doo, Jenny bragging about her knowing boy bands during Piglet's unmasking while incorrectly guessing the boy bander she should've gotten the most was a huge case of irony. :dead: Yeah at the last sentence.

I may post clues for the first set later today.

Awww I don't mind being tagged out of blue or any other color. ❤️ :giggle:You know I enjoy your rankings and talking with you. :hug: 

I'll try to be as active and dramatic enough for 10 people. :giggle: I hope not. 😮 

But I just noticed the title is "unmasking chaos." :dead:  

- I agree and yep. :giggle: Oh, it wasn't? I didn't think anything of the costume. :haha:  I don't know, you'll have to ask her. :giggle: 

- Yes! He's got to be on there at some point. 😮  lol this is exactly what I was saying in the thread last night... what the heck? :lmao: 

Ooh yay! 

7 hours ago, miss denise said:

Awww I don't mind being tagged out of blue or any other color. ❤️ :giggle:You know I enjoy your rankings and talking with you. :hug: 

I'll try to be as active and dramatic enough for 10 people. :giggle: I hope not. 😮 

But I just noticed the title is "unmasking chaos." :dead:  

- I agree and yep. :giggle: Oh, it wasn't? I didn't think anything of the costume. :haha:  I don't know, you'll have to ask her. :giggle: 

- Yes! He's got to be on there at some point. 😮  lol this is exactly what I was saying in the thread last night... what the heck? :lmao: 

Ooh yay! 

I see what you did there. :giggle: I know you do; however, that doesn't stop me from feeling conscious about it. :haha:

Yay! I'll do my best.

Hey, you know my thread titles are a reference to my username in some form or another although this one is the most fitting. :haha:

- It was something that caught my eye despite not being the best at seeing these things. :haha: I would, but I'm afraid I would get tongue tied and embarrass myself if I tried. :dead:

- I'm hoping he makes an appearance next season and not as a guest panelist. :haha: I saw that and agreed with it. :lmao:

I just thought of the clues. They'll be in my next post. 👍

As promised, here are the clues for the first set. There should be 75 acts if I counted correctly (which has been an issue for me in the past :lmao:); the first set will be 75-71 AKA my bottom five. In no particular order:

- A creature with a huge appetite for attention but not always the positive kind

- An apt name for this act especially around trash cans

- Costume is used a lot in this act's profession

- Disobey the three rules at your own peril

- Had to make sure not to crack under chilly circumstances

15 hours ago, Crisis said:

I see what you did there. :giggle: I know you do; however, that doesn't stop me from feeling conscious about it. :haha:

Hey, you know my thread titles are a reference to my username in some form or another although this one is the most fitting. :haha:

- It was something that caught my eye despite not being the best at seeing these things. :haha: I would, but I'm afraid I would get tongue tied and embarrass myself if I tried. :dead:

- I'm hoping he makes an appearance next season and not as a guest panelist. :haha: I saw that and agreed with it. :lmao:

If I'm not tagged, then this becomes me: 

ebbfe56d-a2ae-48dc-90db-3d10f6868a6b_tex 😮 :dead: 

Yes, I know. :giggle: 

- Interesting. :haha:  Aww. :( :hug:  

- Yessss, he has to. And oh yay! :lmao: 

15 hours ago, Crisis said:

As promised, here are the clues for the first set. There should be 75 acts if I counted correctly (which has been an issue for me in the past :lmao:); the first set will be 75-71 AKA my bottom five. In no particular order:

- A creature with a huge appetite for attention but not always the positive kind

- An apt name for this act especially around trash cans

- Costume is used a lot in this act's profession

- Disobey the three rules at your own peril

- Had to make sure not to crack under chilly circumstances

Ahhh my.

- A creature with a huge appetite for attention but not always the positive kind: I can only come up with Wendy Williams as the Lips, maybe? :unsure: 

- An apt name for this act especially around trash cans: The trash cans part makes me think of Raccoon... so Danny Trejo. The apt name for the act makes me think Sarah Palin as the Bear, since she's from Alaska. But I guess Raccoon for this one?

- Costume is used a lot in this act's profession:  I mostly think of JoJo Siwa as a dancer, but I don't think she'd be in the first five posted? Kermit the Frog if puppets are considered costumes? Not really sure. 

- Disobey the three rules at your own peril: No ideas.

- Had to make sure not to crack under chilly circumstances: Johnny Weir as the Egg... and this is the only one I'm confident about. :haha:  Makes perfect sense with cracking an egg and Johnny competing in the Winter Olympics. 

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

If I'm not tagged, then this becomes me: 

ebbfe56d-a2ae-48dc-90db-3d10f6868a6b_tex 😮 :dead: 

Yes, I know. :giggle: 

- Interesting. :haha:  Aww. :( :hug:  

- Yessss, he has to. And oh yay! :lmao: 

Ahhh my.

- A creature with a huge appetite for attention but not always the positive kind: I can only come up with Wendy Williams as the Lips, maybe? :unsure: 

- An apt name for this act especially around trash cans: The trash cans part makes me think of Raccoon... so Danny Trejo. The apt name for the act makes me think Sarah Palin as the Bear, since she's from Alaska. But I guess Raccoon for this one?

- Costume is used a lot in this act's profession:  I mostly think of JoJo Siwa as a dancer, but I don't think she'd be in the first five posted? Kermit the Frog if puppets are considered costumes? Not really sure. 

- Disobey the three rules at your own peril: No ideas.

- Had to make sure not to crack under chilly circumstances: Johnny Weir as the Egg... and this is the only one I'm confident about. :haha:  Makes perfect sense with cracking an egg and Johnny competing in the Winter Olympics. 

animation-you-are-always-welcome.gif&f=1

:lmao:

- Maybe I looked too much into it. :haha: Yeah. :( :haha:

- If he doesn't, I wonder if they'll bring the tip jar back next season every time someone guesses him. :haha:

🤔 about the guesses. I'll get to work on the write-ups and post them as soon as I can.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

75. Lips/Wendy Williams

Season 4: Group C (First Eliminated)

the-masked-singer-lips-20093994.jpeg?auto=webp%26width=1280%26height=1472%26crop=1280:1472,smart&f=1&nofb=1 wendy-williams-9.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Lips - Native New Yorker

Lips Unmasking

Clue: Costume is used a lot in this act's profession

Wendy is a talk show/radio host; thus, she uses her lips or talks a lot in her occupation.

Kicking off the first set of this Masked Singer ranking is Lips. Anyone (OK maybe the one person following this list) who read my S4 posts knows I was not a fan of this act. For starters, the costume legitimately creeped me out (🥶), and that made it difficult for me to enjoy anything she did. Speaking of such, I didn’t care for her lone performance of Native New Yorker. With that said, she appeared to have fun and some parts were humorous such as her monologues in the middle and her snorting. Nonetheless, she was the first Group C act eliminated and was revealed to be none other than TV/radio talk show host Wendy Williams. It was easy to tell it was her because of her talking during her performance. With everything said, although I’m still thinking about where to place certain acts, Lips was an easy last place for me.

74. Gremlin/Mickey Rourke

Season 4: Group B (First Eliminated - Sort Of)

who-gremlin-masked-singer-1601480107186.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 mickey-rourke-photo-u61?fm=pjpg%26q=80&f=1&nofb=1

Gremlin - Stand By Me

Gremlin Unmasking

Clue: Disobey the three rules at your own peril

This is a reference to the 1984 movie Gremlins. The three rules are:

- Don't expose Gizmo (the main creature in the movie) to light, especially sunlight

- Don't let it come in contact with water

- Don't feed it after midnight

Gremlin provided one of the more unique events on TMS. He gave what appeared to be a heartfelt albeit off-key performance of Stand By Me for his only act of the season. He said he dedicated the performance to his deceased friend whom he felt sent the song to him. The most memorable part, however, would be Gremlin unmasking himself after the panel made their guesses and before the vote. It was felt this was set-up because he was the last act of Group B and thus provided him the opportunity for this stunt. I was going to place him last; however, him eliminating himself even if it was scripted gets him one spot higher.

73. Raccoon/Danny Trejo

Season 5: Group A (Second Eliminated)

MS-S5_BACKDROP_RACCOON_V1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 1565334171_222_Danny-Trejo-Biography.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Raccoon - Wild Thing

Raccoon - Ring Of Fire

Raccoon Unmasking

Clue: An apt name for this act especially around trash cans

Raccoons usually ravage trash cans looking for food. One of their nicknames is trash panda. Also, Raccoon sang Wild Thing on the show, which is what a raccoon is, i.e. a wild animal.

Raccoon was certainly an interesting character. He wasn’t the best, but he was fully committed to his act and looked like he had a blast. Wild Thing was terrible, but it was a lot of fun looking back at it. I think I lost it at the end with him screaming the shake its. :lmao: Still, based on the performance, he would’ve been my choice for the first Group A cut. Nonetheless, he moved on to the next round and gave another bad performance of Ring Of Fire with him serenading Jenny during it. My favorite part was Joel McHale saying he was speechless just like Raccoon was during the song. He wasn’t as fortunate this time and had to unmask himself. I knew it was Danny Trejo because his voice is so distinct; even with it modulated it was easy to tell it was him. As entertaining as he was, Raccoon still ends up in my overall bottom five.

72. Hippo/Antonio Brown

Season 1: Group A (First Eliminated)

latest?cb=20200116041906&f=1&nofb=1 Antonio-Brown.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Hippo - My Prerogative

Hippo Unmasking

Clue: A creature with a huge appetite for attention but not always the positive kind

Hippos are large mammals with big appetites. Also, the clue is play on the game Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Antonio Brown has made headlines over the past few years, with most of the news being negative.

If I were to rank the acts based on their personality or behavior, there is a good chance Antonio Brown AKA Hippo would be last. With that said, he still ranks in my bottom five because I enjoyed other acts more than him. His performance of My Prerogative was energetic, but it was the worst of the night. He went head to head against Peacock in Group A and predictably was in the B3 with Deer and Monster. From there he was the lowest vote getter and became the first US version act to unmask. Outside of this, I don’t have much more to say about him.

71. Egg/Johnny Weir

Season 2: Group A (First Eliminated)

rs_986x1024-190903102420-1024.the-masked-singer-egg.9319.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 tmp_qeVSya_f88a2d3e27946d6f_GettyImages-902330272.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Egg - Just Dance

Egg - One Way Or Another (Smackdown)

Egg Unmasking

Clue: Had to make sure not to crack under chilly circumstances

Pretty much self-explanatory. Eggs are cracked and Johnny Weir is a professional figure skater, so the two items were combined.

Ending the first set is Egg. Egg was a flamboyant performer that definitely gave off figure skater vibes. His performance of Just Dance was fine all things considered. However, he was up against Butterfly in Group A and it was easy to see she would win that battle. Egg competed in the Smackdown against Skeleton and gave a funny performance of One Way Or Another; however, once again it wasn’t enough. He was the first S2 act eliminated and revealed himself to be figure skater Johnny Weir. Although he’s in my bottom five, I can’t say I really disliked him; I just preferred other acts more.

75. Lips/Wendy Williams:

74. Gremlin/Mickey Rourke:

73. Raccoon/Danny Trejo:

72. Hippo/Antonio Brown:

71. Egg/Johnny Weir:

The first set is in! Here are the clues for acts 70-66:

- A creature larger than one from the first set

- A new identity that rose from the ashes

- A stealth treat no one can say anything to

- Fruit that is worthy of being inhaled

- Nicole was on the right path but took the wrong exit

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:17 PM, Crisis said:

animation-you-are-always-welcome.gif&f=1

:lmao:

- If he doesn't, I wonder if they'll bring the tip jar back next season every time someone guesses him. :haha:

:lmao: Thank you. ❤️ 

They should! And yay the list has begun. 😄 

75. Lips/Wendy Williams: Ooh wow, I guess her but for a different clue. This makes sense now. :haha: omg yes this costume creeped me out too and I also didn't care for her one performance. It was a bit of a mess, but at least she has fun. :lmao: 

74. Gremlin/Mask: lol at "sort of" the first eliminated. :giggle: Ah, I'm not familiar with Gremlins the movie at all, so tough one for me. I actually thought this was a cute costume and was disappointed he wasn't better... and that he eliminated himself. :lmao:  That was so bizarre but had to be set up.  And oh, I just realized the coding here has "Mask" as his name. :giggle: 

73. Raccoon/Danny Trejo: Wow, he was from this past season but I don't remember all that much about him. I also thought the clue meant Raccoon was a fitting name for Danny Trejo... and I had no idea why. Now his vocal is kind of coming back to me... LOL at him moving on and giving "another bad performance." :dead: And the Joel comment! So funny. I'm not really not familiar with him but also didn't care for him on the show.

72. Hippo/Antonio Brown: Ahh I get the clue now. I forgot he was the first eliminated and oh wow he was from the first season, so that explains more of my forgetfulness regarding him. :lmao:  I don't really have much to say. 

71. Egg/Johnny Weir: Yay, I got this one. :giggle: I pretty much agree with all your thoughts and have nothing to add. :haha: 

- A creature larger than one from the first set:  Maybe Laila Ali as Panda? Since you mentioned raccoons being trash pandas. :unsure: 

- A new identity that rose from the ashes: Phoenix / Caitlyn Jenner makes sense for this. 

- A stealth treat no one can say anything to:  Ice Cream? Ninja. :unsure: 

- Fruit that is worthy of being inhaled: Pineapple / Tommy Chong.

- Nicole was on the right path but took the wrong exit: This clue. :lmao: Hmmm... Oh I'm thinking Logan Paul as Grandpa Monster? I think she guessed his brother. 

They should! And yay the list has begun. 😄 

75. Lips/Wendy Williams: Ooh wow, I guess her but for a different clue. This makes sense now. :haha: omg yes this costume creeped me out too and I also didn't care for her one performance. It was a bit of a mess, but at least she has fun. :lmao: 

74. Gremlin/Mask: lol at "sort of" the first eliminated. :giggle: Ah, I'm not familiar with Gremlins the movie at all, so tough one for me. I actually thought this was a cute costume and was disappointed he wasn't better... and that he eliminated himself. :lmao:  That was so bizarre but had to be set up.  And oh, I just realized the coding here has "Mask" as his name. :giggle: 

73. Raccoon/Danny Trejo: Wow, he was from this past season but I don't remember all that much about him. I also thought the clue meant Raccoon was a fitting name for Danny Trejo... and I had no idea why. Now his vocal is kind of coming back to me... LOL at him moving on and giving "another bad performance." :dead: And the Joel comment! So funny. I'm not really not familiar with him but also didn't care for him on the show.

72. Hippo/Antonio Brown: Ahh I get the clue now. I forgot he was the first eliminated and oh wow he was from the first season, so that explains more of my forgetfulness regarding him. :lmao:  I don't really have much to say. 

71. Egg/Johnny Weir: Yay, I got this one. :giggle: I pretty much agree with all your thoughts and have nothing to add. :haha: 

- A creature larger than one from the first set:  Maybe Laila Ali as Panda? Since you mentioned raccoons being trash pandas. :unsure: 

- A new identity that rose from the ashes: Phoenix / Caitlyn Jenner makes sense for this. 

- A stealth treat no one can say anything to:  Ice Cream? Ninja. :unsure: 

- Fruit that is worthy of being inhaled: Pineapple / Tommy Chong.

- Nicole was on the right path but took the wrong exit: This clue. :lmao: Hmmm... Oh I'm thinking Logan Paul as Grandpa Monster? I think she guessed his brother. 

Yes, the list has officially begun! 🎉

75. Lips/Wendy Williams: At least she appeared in this set despite the guess not matching with the clue. :haha: I pretty much agree with everything here.

74. Gremlin/Mickey Rourke: You've never seen Gremlins? The clues would be tough for anyone who never watched the movie. It was one of the most bizarre moments with him eliminating himself. It definitely appeared to be set up. I didn't realize I typed Mask instead of his name. To be fair he does look like a mask. I'll fix it.

73. Raccoon/Danny Trejo: Are you insinuating Danny Trejo looks like a raccoon? :giggle: It was disappointing to see him move on especially with who was eliminated the first week (though it was no fault of his). The Joel comment was hilarious. :haha:

72. Hippo/Antonio Brown: It makes sense to forget the acts from the first season especially if they were eliminated early. Understandable about not having much to say.

71. Yes, you did get this one. 👏 I don't have anything to add to the comments either.

We'll see how you do with the clues...

12 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yes, the list has officially begun! 🎉

75. Lips/Wendy Williams: At least she appeared in this set despite the guess not matching with the clue. :haha: I pretty much agree with everything here.

74. Gremlin/Mickey Rourke: You've never seen Gremlins? The clues would be tough for anyone who never watched the movie. It was one of the most bizarre moments with him eliminating himself. It definitely appeared to be set up. I didn't realize I typed Mask instead of his name. To be fair he does look like a mask. I'll fix it.

73. Raccoon/Danny Trejo: Are you insinuating Danny Trejo looks like a raccoon? :giggle: It was disappointing to see him move on especially with who was eliminated the first week (though it was no fault of his). The Joel comment was hilarious. :haha:

72. Hippo/Antonio Brown: It makes sense to forget the acts from the first season especially if they were eliminated early. Understandable about not having much to say.

71. Yes, you did get this one. 👏 I don't have anything to add to the comments either.

We'll see how you do with the clues...

Yay!

- Yep. :giggle: 

- Noo, I have not. Is it a movie I would enjoy? :lmao:  I'll have to look it up and see. "To be fair he does look like a mask." :dead:  What? :dead: 

- No, I thought that's what *you* were insinuating with the clue! :lmao: An apt name for this act " What did you mean then? :haha: I agree. :( 

- Thank you, although I can't use this excuse for later acts. :giggle: 

- 😄 

I hope I did well. 😮 

9 hours ago, miss denise said:

- Noo, I have not. Is it a movie I would enjoy? :lmao:  I'll have to look it up and see. "To be fair he does look like a mask." :dead:  What? :dead: 

- No, I thought that's what *you* were insinuating with the clue! :lmao: An apt name for this act " What did you mean then? :haha: I agree. :( 

- Thank you, although I can't use this excuse for later acts. :giggle: 

I hope I did well. 😮 

- If you're into horror/comedy type of movies, it may be one worth watching. It was me trying to be shady about his looks. :dead:

- I was saying a raccoon is a wild animal or wild thing, which was a reference to a song he performed. :haha: Yeah. :(

- :lmao:

We'll see. Hopefully I'll have the next set up in a couple of days.

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (75-71 Posted)
14 hours ago, Crisis said:

- If you're into horror/comedy type of movies, it may be one worth watching. It was me trying to be shady about his looks. :dead:

- I was saying a raccoon is a wild animal or wild thing, which was a reference to a song he performed. :haha: Yeah. :(

We'll see. Hopefully I'll have the next set up in a couple of days.

- I'm not really, so probably not. :lmao: I see. :lmao: 

- Ohhhh okay. :haha: 

:shiftywave: 

• Didn't really care for Nick or Donnie. 
  • The lips / Wendy was so obvious from the stop - her performance was okay & I really wish she could have done in better health where she could have been OTT as she truly is.
  • Gremlin / Mickey was a no - would be my last place.
  • Raccoon / Danny is a bit lower than I would have him but again, nothing too spectacular with him.
  • Hippo / Antonio - I totally forgot about him :ph34rwave: 
  • Egg / Johnny; I absolutely love Johnny as a figure skating fan. And I think I would have had him a bit higher as I still think his performance were decent enough to make it a bit further in the competition. 

2 hours ago, *Chris said:
  • Didn't really care for Nick or Donnie. 
  • The lips / Wendy was so obvious from the stop - her performance was okay & I really wish she could have done in better health where she could have been OTT as she truly is.
  • Gremlin / Mickey was a no - would be my last place.
  • Raccoon / Danny is a bit lower than I would have him but again, nothing too spectacular with him.
  • Hippo / Antonio - I totally forgot about him :ph34rwave: 
  • Egg / Johnny; I absolutely love Johnny as a figure skating fan. And I think I would have had him a bit higher as I still think his performance were decent enough to make it a bit further in the competition. 

- Fair enough since they were only one time things (at least performance wise in Cluedle-Doo's case)

- If not for Lips, he would be my last place as well

- Fair enough

- It looks like you weren't the only one :lmao:

- Fair enough. He probably could've won against Skeleton in the smackdown.

I'm going to change the first clue; however, it still pertains to the same act:

That's a lot of weight to put on the half pipe

I'll see about posting the next set some time tomorrow after work.

21 hours ago, Crisis said:

I'm going to change the first clue; however, it still pertains to the same act:

That's a lot of weight to put on the half pipe

I'll see about posting the next set some time tomorrow after work.

My new guess is Tony Hawk as the Elephant. I actually thought of him for the original clue but wasn't sure. This makes me more confident. :haha: 

70. Phoenix/Caitlyn Jenner

Season 5: Group B (First Eliminated)

Masked-Singer-PHOENIX.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 040816-Caitlyn-Jenner-Lead3.jpg?itok=Z4nJJpoE&f=1&nofb=1

Phoenix - Tik Tok

Phoenix Unmasking

Clue: A new identity that rose from the ashes

Phoenix is a mythical bird that rise from ashes after dying from fire. Caitlyn Jenner is a transwoman who originally went by former Olympic runner Bruce Jenner hence the new identity.

I’ll start off by saying the costume was one of the better designed ones over the seasons. Unfortunately, Phoenix’s performance of TiK ToK wasn’t as good, and in hindsight I should’ve put this in the first set, at least ahead of Egg. With that said, the performance had some fun moments such as when she said “gonna get a little bit tipsy”. The way she said tipsy cracked me up for some reason. She was the first Group B act unmasked which I didn’t have a problem with because I thought she was the weakest. I went back and forth between RuPaul and Caitlyn Jenner as far as who Phoenix was. At first I guessed RuPaul but switched to Jenner because of the little Phoenices. At least she appeared to enjoy herself during her brief time there.

69. Pineapple/Tommy Chong

Season 1: Group B (First Eliminated)

latest?cb=20200116041742&f=1&nofb=1 TommyChongFeatured.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Pineapple - I Will Survive

Pineapple Unmasking

Clue: Fruit that is worthy of being inhaled

Pineapple is a fruit and Tommy Chong is a comedian known for his marijuana-based albums alongside Cheech Marin.

Pineapple was someone who while not a professional singer by any means, was entertaining to watch in his sole performance. His I Will Survive wasn’t sung that poorly if I’m being honest; the main thing was he kept messing up the lyrics. However, the best part was him nonchalantly singing his song while ignoring all of the mess going on behind him. :lmao: In spite of this he landed in the bottom three after losing the head to head battle against Raven and was eliminated later that night. Based on the clue package I had a feeling he was Tommy Chong and felt good to get him right. :yes:

68. Elephant/Tony Hawk

Season 3: Group B (First Eliminated)

Elephant-on-Masked-Singer-Season-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Tony-Hawk-2006.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Elephant - Friday I'm In Love

Elephant Unmasking

Clue: That's a lot of weight to put on the half pipe

Elephants are the largest land animals on the planet. Tony Hawk is a professional skateboarder, and a half pipe is a surface skateboarders skate on.

Original Clue: A creature larger than one from the first set

It was about the elephant and the hippo. As mentioned, elephants are the largest land animals and hippos are the second largest. I changed the clue because this was too open and could've meant anything.

Elephant was not that bad of a contestant. For someone who isn’t a professional singer, I thought he did a decent job with Friday I’m In Love. Unfortunately, he was the first Group B act eliminated. I think he suffered because he wasn’t as memorable as the other members of his group. He revealed himself to be none other than skateboarding legend Tony Hawk. It appeared he wasn’t too heartbroken over his early elimination because he said he only had one more song left in him. :haha: I guess I could’ve placed him a little higher, but I’ll leave everything as is.

67. Ice Cream/Tyler "Ninja" Blevins

Season 2: Group B (First Eliminated)

19016686-7512527-I_scream_you_scream_we_all_scream_The_Ice_Cream_costume_is_one_o-a-15_1569602246071.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Ninja-Net-Worth-Tyler-Blevins.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Ice Cream - Old Town Road

Ice Cream - Whip It

Ice Cream Unmasking

Clue: A stealth treat no one can say anything to

Ice cream is the treat and ninjas are known for being stealth fighters, thus a play on Ninja's name and costume. The "no one can say anything to" part is a reference to the Old Town Road lyrics "can't nobody tell me nothing", which is a song Ice Cream sang on the show.

Silently melting his way into the ranking is Ice Cream. Ice Cream was another non-trained singer who put up a decent showing despite his early exit. His performance of Old Town Road was fun to watch. I liked how he went deep on Lil Nas X’s part and higher on Billy Ray Cyrus’. He went against Tree but was on the losing end and thus had to compete in the smackdown against Ladybug. His Whip It was OK; however, Ladybug was better, so it was understandable that Ice Cream was the first eliminated in Group B. To be honest, I’m not familiar with him; apparently he’s some gaming streamer who’s really popular with the younger crowd. Regardless, Ice Cream was a cool act.

66. Grandpa Monster/Logan Paul

Season 5: Group B (Second Eliminated)

71618250-928a-11eb-bfff-d72566f15785&f=1&nofb=1 Logan%2BPaul%2B9th%2BAnnual%2BStreamy%2BAwards%2B92ueE3c3L5-l.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Grandpa Monster - Mambo No. 5

Grandpa Monster - Bad Reputation

Grandpa Monster Unmasking

Clue: Nicole was on the right path but took the wrong exit

Nicole guessed Jake Paul before Grandpa Monster's unmasking; however, he was revealed to be Jake's brother Logan. Both brothers are famous (or infamous depending on how you look at it) YouTubers.

Well, while this monster was up there in age, he certainly didn’t move like it. :haha: Regardless, it was the weakest act of the monster costumes. It was clear to see this act relied more on personality than vocal abilities. While not a singer, he put on an entertaining show. I especially enjoyed the leg kicks he would do during his performances. :haha: Both his Mambo No. 5 and Bad Reputation were fun to watch, although the latter was an interesting song choice considering who he turned out to be. Speaking of which, he was the second Group B act eliminated and turned out to be infamous YouTuber Logan Paul. I think there was some controversy surrounding his casting on the show, but it is what it is.

70. Phoenix/Caitlyn Jenner:

69. Pineapple/Tommy Chong:

68. Elephant/Tony Hawk:

67. Ice Cream/Tyler "Ninja" Blevins:

66. Grandpa Monster/Logan Paul:

Clues for 65-61 (in no particular order):

- Black and gold animal that knew how to throw a performance

- From a proud native to a seafaring outlaw

- Mammal that roams the last frontier

- Stuck its neck out and caught a winner

- The correct cost for this creepy body of water dweller

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (70-66 Posted)

70. Phoenix/Caitlyn Jenner: Yikes, yeah I remember that performance was not so good and it's not a surprise Phoenix was eliminated first. I suppose the costume was cool but otherwise I don't have much to say. :haha: 

69. Pineapple/Tommy Chong: I'm going to have to rewatch this performance based on all you're saying. :lmao: I don't remember the things you're talking but it sounds funny. Again, I don't really have any thoughts but I wasn't a fan.

68. Elephant/Tony Hawk: I feel like I was really surprised with the Tony Hawk reveal. 😮 I also don't think he was all that bad, at least compared to the others here. 

67. Ice Cream/Tyler "Ninja" Blevins: I really liked this costume. :giggle: That face is so happy. :giggle: I am also not familiar with him outside the show but I enjoyed his short appearance, even if he wasn't the best.

66. Grandpa Monster/Logan Paul: The latest monster costume. :giggle:  I don't know anything about him or his brother, but I thought he was fun. :haha: 

Wow, I got them all. 😮  I'm sure that's not going to continue, but let's see.

- Black and gold animal that knew how to throw a performance:  Seal as Leopard is my best guess, although I wouldn't expect him to show up yet. 

- From a proud native to a seafaring outlaw:  Mark McGrath as Orca? I don't know why. :unsure: 

- Mammal that roams the last frontier: This one could be Bear Sarah Palin.

- Stuck its neck out and caught a winner: I'm thinking Brian Austin Green as Giraffe, Bella Thorne as Swan, or Drew Carey as Llama for the neck.. but don't know about the second part.

- The correct cost for this creepy body of water dweller: :unsure: I think of Jellyfish but I don't think she'd show up this soon so I don't know. 

17 hours ago, miss denise said:

70. Phoenix/Caitlyn Jenner: Yikes, yeah I remember that performance was not so good and it's not a surprise Phoenix was eliminated first. I suppose the costume was cool but otherwise I don't have much to say. :haha: 

69. Pineapple/Tommy Chong: I'm going to have to rewatch this performance based on all you're saying. :lmao: I don't remember the things you're talking but it sounds funny. Again, I don't really have any thoughts but I wasn't a fan.

68. Elephant/Tony Hawk: I feel like I was really surprised with the Tony Hawk reveal. 😮 I also don't think he was all that bad, at least compared to the others here. 

67. Ice Cream/Tyler "Ninja" Blevins: I really liked this costume. :giggle: That face is so happy. :giggle: I am also not familiar with him outside the show but I enjoyed his short appearance, even if he wasn't the best.

66. Grandpa Monster/Logan Paul: The latest monster costume. :giggle:  I don't know anything about him or his brother, but I thought he was fun. :haha: 

Wow, I got them all. 😮  I'm sure that's not going to continue, but let's see.

- Black and gold animal that knew how to throw a performance:  Seal as Leopard is my best guess, although I wouldn't expect him to show up yet. 

- From a proud native to a seafaring outlaw:  Mark McGrath as Orca? I don't know why. :unsure: 

- Mammal that roams the last frontier: This one could be Bear Sarah Palin.

- Stuck its neck out and caught a winner: I'm thinking Brian Austin Green as Giraffe, Bella Thorne as Swan, or Drew Carey as Llama for the neck.. but don't know about the second part.

- The correct cost for this creepy body of water dweller: :unsure: I think of Jellyfish but I don't think she'd show up this soon so I don't know. 

70. Phoenix/Caitlyn Jenner: Pretty much agree with everything here.

69. Pineapple/Tommy Chong: I didn't remember much about his performance, but I noticed how busy it was during a re-watch. :haha: Fair enough about the last sentence.

68. I probably could've ranked him higher, but it is what it is. :haha:

67. Pretty much in agreement with what was written here.

66. We'll probably see Baby Monster in S7. :giggle: He was fun for the brief time he was on.

You did get them all right. :yes:

We'll see about the next set...