RuPaul's Drag Race - All Stars 6

Elliott

I'm SO happy with our winner! ❤️ What a great end to the season! 😍 I did get to see her live last weekend along with Jan, Eureka, Rajah, Jujubee, and some local queens. She was incredible! She seems so genuinely lovely as a person too. 

Just realized I never got around to posting my post-season rankings:

1. Kylie Sonique Love - I mean, duh. She was my favourite from the minute the spoilers came out, and watching everyone else get to appreciate her glow-up who didn't before (ahem @*Wallace) has been great. It's also nice to see a queen from S2 finally win again, and the full circle moment of her being the show's first trans* contestant to their first trans* winner is iconic. Now if y'all rob her in the next Drag Race rankdown, I will be requesting @Deeee use his powers again.
  2. Ra'jah D. O'Hara - Throwback to @#jeah and I being the only Ra'jah truthers for a while. 😘 Queen of the glow-up, and I loved seeing how happy and fun she was this time around.
  3. Ginger Minj - Lowkey was expecting her to win up until the spoilers started coming out. I think she really redeemed her AS2 run this go-around, and I'm glad to see that she managed to improve her reputation once more. As much as I love Kylie, I'm still bummed Ginger's not in the winners circle, ngl.
  4. Pandora Boxx - Look, Pandora has been on 3 2.5 seasons and has won less challenges than Rebecca Glasscock. I, too, would be pressed on social media!
  5. Trinity K. Bonét - I liked Trinity in S6, so seeing her glow-up for AS6 was just insane. Shame that she got in her head the last couple of weeks, and the gag of the season was her losing both of her lip syncs.
  6. Silky Nutmeg Ganache - I hope she makes the Silky Nutmeg Ganache Variety Hour tour a reality because I want to see Barbie Girl live. As much as I would've liked to see her return after winning 5000 lip syncs, I'm glad the show at least decided to end it on a cliffhanger so she got her week of ru-demption.
  7. Scarlet Envy - I never really got the "Scarlet was robbed!" narrative from S11, but I lowkey think she was done dirty this go-around. I do think she was deserving of the B3 the week she went, but I would've placed her high in the weeks prior tbh.
  8. Jan - I gotta be honest, I'm not as big a Jan fan as some of you are. I honestly probably would've eliminated her when Scarlet was tbh.
  9. A'keria C. Davenport - Probably interchangeable with Jan. Bummed to see her not perform as well this season as she did in S11, but I have mad respect for her knowing her boundaries and not wanting to put herself through the ordeal again.
  10. Serena ChaCha - Was clearly cast as the first boot, but I lowkey preferred her to Jiggly both times. :ph34rwave:
  11. Jiggly Caliente - Didn't really do anything for me this season.
  12. Eureka! - Still not a fan.
  13. Yara Sofia - It's like her and Alexis continue to come back as a way of trying to be more annoying than the other.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Way behind, but I finally watched the finale. Here are my overall rankings atm:

1. Ra'Jah O'Hara - Are we surprised? This queen killed it from start to finish. I'm so inspired that she made all of her looks with her own two hands, as someone who is learning sewing right now I can barely make a set of napkins without some major frustration. :haha: I was so impressed with her infectious energy and tendency to build the other queens up all season long as opposed to the anger we saw from her in S11. Maybe my favorite ru-demption arc in Drag Race herstory. The obvious winner to me.

2. Eureka - Another joy to watch all season long, her track record was low-key the most consistent. Even the week she went home I don't think she was necessarily the weakest of the bunch. Eureka was so joyful all season long and I could tell she was just there to have fun and enjoy the journey.

3. Kylie Sonique Love - Queen of being fourth out 11 years ago to taking home the crown in one of the most competitive seasons ever. Would I have given her the crown? No but these days my favorite never wins anymore lmfao. Kylie seems like such an incredible human who has been through so much and I'm thrilled to see her experience this level of success. I also LOVED the outfit she wore when she was crowned, she looked correct.

4. Ginger Minj - Honestly 2-4 feel pretty interchangeable to me at this point. I never thought I'd be a Ginger fan but she was so much more enjoyable this season. :haha: I think lowkey my favorite moment all season long was her blending into the Werk Room wall and spying on the other girls. James Bond who??

5. Trinity K Bonet - When it was all said and done, I think she left at the right time, but that doesn't take away from the dominant couple of wins that Trinity had (I think she could have taken the W when Jan won, as well). I did see some of that same defeatest energy towards the end that we saw in her original season, which was sad to see. But I love her still!

6. Silky Nutmeg Ganache - Shot up in the rankings during the Game within a game. I always felt a little bad for Silky with how the fanbase treated her in S11, so it was great to see her have such a breakthrough episode. I loooove Eureka but I wouldn't have even minded seeing Silky be the returning queen. :ph34rwave:

7. Scarlet Envy - I do believe she was robbed and had some of the best runways all season long.....having said that, I do think she was pretty terrible the week she went home. So it's not like she's the most shafted queen of all time.

8. A'Keria C. Davenport - Even though she didn't place very high, I came out of this season loving A'Keria more than going into it! Such a class act, she had a really infectious energy throughout the season. Her decision not to compete in the lipsync smackdown was respectable.

9. Yara Sofia - I would have kept her around a bit longer, but she did become a little annoying by the end of her run lmao. I don't think she deserved to go when she did though. Not even Bottom 2 worthy imo.

10. Jan - Aww Jan. Part of me wants to put her a few spots higher because I really do empathize with her. I think her persona is very genuine and she sees herself as a happy, supportive, kind person. But she's just ANNOYING lol. And became kind of delusional by the end of it? Like she was on borrowed time for the last couple of weeks she was in the competition. Having said that, I'm thrilled she finally got her win and I am still a fan overall. I think she's a sweet human.

11. Pandora Boxx - So forgettable, I also didn't like her energy all season long. She seemed annoyed.

12. Jiggly Caliente - I mean I was super disappointed in how her run turned out because I love me some Jiggly....but she did it to herself lmao that outfit was atrocious.

13. Serena ChaCha - I suppose she wasn't the WORST in the talent show but she was so out of place in this cast, it only made sense for her to go first lol. Poor thing.

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, Elliott said:

So now that we’re officially done with Drag Race for 2021 (at least I think…), Barbie Girl’s the most iconic moment of the year, yes?

Big agree with this, all hail the Reverand Doctor Silky Nutmeg Ganache

Edited by #jeah

23 hours ago, Elliott said:

So now that we’re officially done with Drag Race for 2021 (at least I think…), Barbie Girl’s the most iconic moment of the year, yes?

The Silky Nutmeg Ganache Lip-Sync Hour and UK Hun easily two of my top moments from Drag Race this year/all-time.

• Like 1

I finally got around to watching the last 4 episodes that I wasn't able to watch due to computer issues.

Silky in that Lip Sync Smackdown episode! :omg: Insane how she won 6 lip syncs. I was kinda really hoping for her to come back after all of that, even though I'm not really a fan of early boots re-enterting the competition but she won me over that episode. I didn't go back to see past comments, but I see that "Barbie Girl" is getting lots of love. That was an iconic performance. :yes: 

I did feel bad for Trinity towards the end. She took the twist really hard but that's apart of the show. I felt bad she missed out on the final but felt that was bound to happen.

Eureka! did well in her lip sync against Silky and on that challenge where she finally got her win. I felt we saw a softer, not-as-loud and more vulnerable side to her this time around. I would have had her 4th of the Final 4 though.

Congrats to Kylie Sonique Love on winning. She made such a great redemption this season and majorly improved from her Season 2 run. Same with Ra'Jah. I wasn't a fan of either of them at all before this season but they were the two that most grew on me. I really liked Ginger a lot on S7 so I was glad to see her also improve and redeem her AS2 run (which I felt she was still underrated on). I would have been fine with either of those 3 winning as all 3 would have been deserving.

I don't know how to rank them, especially as I can't recall my feelings from 4-6 months ago, so I won't be doing that. :dead: 

• Like 1