Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)

Bk1234

Here are the clues for the next set of contestants (#31-35). Remember, the order of the clues does not indicate the actual ranking order...

-The complete opposite of their audition song.
-What’s going on? Why no steal?
-We all have our highs and lows, but for this contestant, the lows were better than the highs.
-Closed one thing and opened another, all in one episode!
-Sang a song involving something another contestant dislikes.

Edited by Bk1234

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (Second Batch of Clues Posted!!!)
8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

-We all have our highs and lows, but for this contestant, the lows were better than the highs.
-Sang a song involving another contestant’s dislike.

- Awari ("Weak" but he's buff as hell lol)

- Durell Anthony (audition song, "What's Going On?")

-

-

I'll edit it as I go along.

Edited by FloorWax

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Here are the clues for the next set of contestants (#31-35). Remember, the order of the clues does not indicate the actual ranking order...

-Sang a song involving another contestant’s dislike.

The first one is definitely Lindsay Joan. I mean, she's the complete opposite of a nightmare. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

1. Awari

2. Durell Anthony

3. Ethan Lively (low notes)

4. ??

5.  ??

14 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

By the way, I just changed the wording of this clue to make it make more sense. It still carries the same meaning though.

14 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

- Awari (He could kill me with one finger)

- Durrell (His audition song and the fact he wasn't stolen)

- Ethan (Very nice low notes)

- Denisha (I think she opened the last episode of the blinds, but she closed team John

- No idea

21 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

1. Awari (have you seen that man he is mf’n JACKED but he sang Weak in the blinds)
  2. Durell Anthony (a nod to his blind song)
  3. Ethan (noted for his strong lower register but was more comfortable with the high notes)
  4. Denisha (first audition of the last blinds episode and filled Team Legend)
  5. ??? I need a bit to go think on this

44 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

1. Awari

2. Durell

3. Ethan

4. Denisha

5. Halley

46 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

- Awari ("Weak" but he's buff as hell lol)

- Durell Anthony (audition song, "What's Going On?")

- Ethan (his best performance involved his low register)

- Denisha (what has been said)

- Halley (i know someone in the cast disliked birds, forgot who tho)

I'll edit it as I go along.

yeah I think @British Man got Ethan and Denisha right. @David68 got Halley as well.

Edited by FloorWax

If Durell, Halley and Denisha are next ranked I would’ve personally placed them higher tbh. (I mean it’s probably bias lol but they did have 3 of my favvvvv blinds)

Be real careful Bk..........I told you the only thing you gotta do to stay out of trouble was rank my 14 favorites as the top 14 and everything’s good! You were in the right track with the first 5 and now with Denisha......let’s just say I’m keeping my eye on you😑

It’s a joke......or is it...

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Bk is a Ciana fan, I`d say she`s not coming up for at least three or four more groups.

i think so too. I mean, BK had Lain in the Top 10 last time after only one performance so I guess on-show isn't the only factor.

Edited by FloorWax

19 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

#40. JD Casper (Team Kelly)

2021-TheVoice-S20-JD-CASPER-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1
Opening up this ranking is none other than JD Casper from Team Kelly. As you can see by his placement, JD is my least favorite from this season and I think part of the reason why is because the Voice just isn’t really the type of show for him. JD started his journey with his audition performance of “How to Save a Life.” Vocally, it was unimpressive. He didn’t really do much with his voice and when he tried to go higher, his voice sounded strained (ironically this is when Kelly turned. :haha:) However, JD brought along his suitcase drum which added a solid beat to the song. Overall, it didn’t really do much for the performance, in my opinion, but good on him for taking a risk by singing and playing two instruments all at the same time (I certainly couldn’t do as well as he did lol.) JD moved on to the Battles on Team Kelly (or should I say Team Kelsea :giggle:) and was paired with Kelly’s country beast, Kenzie Wheeler. This song was clearly geared towards Kenzie, but I liked that JD stayed true to his artistry and kept the guitar and suitcase drum. I preferred Kenzie here, but JD’s voice sounded much stronger, so props to him. Kelsea/Kelly unsurprisingly chose Kenzie, and JD went home. JD was definitely one of the more unique artists this season, but I just couldn’t dig his laidback style. I needed to see more solid vocal performances from him. I’m curious how he would do in the live rounds where he would probably be forced to perform without his suitcase drum.
Clue: I wonder if you’d be able to get that through airport security. (a reference to JD’s unusual instrument, a suitcase drum, and the fact that suitcases have to go through airport security.)

#39. Christine Cain (Team Legend)

2021-TheVoice-S20-CHRISTINE-CAIN-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Just missing out on the bottom spot is Christine Cain from Team Legend! Christine brought some much needed flavor to the show starting with her audition performance of Harry Styles’ “Watermelon Sugar.” Christine, like JD, is a contestant with a more laid back coffee shop vibe and performance style. Christine’s version complimented this well, but unfortunately her pitch was all over the place throughout the performance. My guess is that she was overwhelmed with the excitement of getting a chair turn, which is completely understandable. 🙂 Ignoring the pitch issues, her version was amazing and I would love to see her record and release it. She was able to get John and Kelly to turn, with her choosing John. In the Battles, Christine was thrown up against Pia, a vocal firecracker. I wasn’t really a fan of this battle as a whole. Something just felt off for me. However, them getting to perform their version in front of Brandy is a huge accomplishment in itself. I preferred Pia here, and mostly because of the reasons John mentioned. Christine is perfect for the laidback studio rehearsals/recordings, but when it comes time to perform on stage with the band, she just isn’t really able to compete. This definitely wasn’t Christine’s finest moment, so it’s understandable why she was eliminated after it. Christine is someone who will definitely be fun to follow and see perform in that more laidback, coffee shop environment. If she had been presented in that way on the show, then I guarantee I would have enjoyed her run more. 

Clue: Unfortunately, having the same initials as last season’s #1 didn’t guarantee this contestant the top spot. (Christine has the same initials as Cami Clune, my favorite contestant from last season, but did not reach the #1 spot like Cami did.)

#38. Connor Christian (Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-CONNOR-CHRISTIAN-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Looks like we got the two CCs in a row! I actually didn’t expect Connor to place this low, but I’m sure you guys can guess why he did. Connor’s audition is one that definitely grew on me after watching it a few times. At first I was turned off by his tone and found it too overbearing, but after a few more listens, I started to really dig it. The thing I like about Connor the most is the energy he brings whenever he performs. That energy and vocal power is what really elevated the performance for me. It even started to feel a bit like a rock concert near the end. Connor walked away as a three chair turn and a member of Team Blake. Connor was paired against Aaron for his battle, and while I preferred Aaron here (mainly because of his tone), I thought this was Connor’s best overall vocal of the season. He looked like an absolute rock star up there (the outfit certainly helped) and he threw notes around that I didn’t even know he could hit. Blake ended up choosing him, which was definitely a valid decision. Connor really cemented himself as a contender after this performance, but then, the unthinkable happened… Connor beat one of the producers in a tennis match… :rofl: Regardless of what happened, it was clear that Connor did not pick “Youngblood” for his Knockout. What’s even worse is that they stripped him of his performance, paired him with THE Cam Anthony, and made them the last Knockout pairing taped. :( The producers had no mercy for Connor, and unfortunately, the performance showed… It was extremely pitchy and I felt really bad for Connor because even he didn’t look proud of the performance. Unfortunately, this performance is the primary reason why he is so low. I really wish the producers had let him exit on a high note.

Clue: My theory: The producers were out for blood after this contestant beat them in a tennis match. (a reference to Connor’s poor KO song choice, Youngblood, which was most likely chosen by the producers as a way to get him off the show, and the fact that he is a tennis coach, as well as a musician.)

#37. Aaron Konzelman (Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-AARON-KONZELMAN-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

First we do someone with the same initials as Connor, and now we’re doing his battle partner! :haha: Aaron is someone that I never really expected to like as much as I did (maybe it’s just because he listed Carter as his favorite Voice alum.) The beginning of “Ordinary World” was golden and sucked me right in. He has that voice that just immediately catches your attention. The performance never got back to the same level as the beginning though. It wasn’t bad, just nothing that really intrigued me. It was cool to see him show off his falsetto near the end though. My main issue with the performance was the ending though. It felt abrupt and like there was more to be delivered. John and Blake loved the performance though, so Aaron moved on to the battles. On Team Blake, Aaron was paired with Connor for his battle, and I actually preferred Aaron here. Aaron’s voice just sounded better on the song and I enjoyed his parts more. The battle was pretty even though, so I understand why Blake went with Connor. I think Aaron could have been ranked higher had we gotten to see more of him. There were moments of his performances that I loved and moments that I wasn’t crazy about, which pretty much explains his low placement.

Clue: If I was solely basing this ranking off of the contestants’ favorite past Voice contestants, this contestant would probably make my Top 10. (on his trivia image, it says that his favorite past Voice contestant is Carter Rubin, one of my favorite Voice contestants of all-time.)

#36. Devan Blake Jones (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-DEVAN-BLAKE-JONES-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Devan is the first member of Team Nick to be ranked, the first member of the four-way knockout to be ranked, and the first of the Top 20 (and Top 17 for that matter) to be ranked. Devan kicked off his run with a solid performance of “Hard Place.” He struggled a bit with the lower notes, but excelled in his higher register. I’m actually a bit surprised that Nick was the only one to turn, but it seemed like Nick was Devan’s top pick anyway, so I guess everything worked out. Devan moved on to the battles and was paired up against Dana, a pairing that must have scared him to death. However, despite being up against a vocal powerhouse, I thought Devan held his own and delivered my favorite vocal from him. His outfit was flawless (I just had to mention it) and he owned the stage with a confidence that I hadn’t really seen in his audition. As someone who doubted whether Devan deserved the save before the battle aired (which by the way, I have completely changed by thinking on what “deserving of chair turns/save/steal” means on this show), I was happy that he got to move on to the Knockouts. In the four-way knockout, Devan delivered a pretty good performance of “Sign of the Times.” I’d say the performance grew on me upon re-watch. He sounded great in the beginning, but as he started to reach for those falsetto/high notes, his pitch started to waver. He completely owned the stage though and did a good job of keeping me engaged. Now, practically no one on IDF predicted Devan to win the four-way knockout, however, he defied the odds and won it, becoming the fifth member of Nick’s live show team. In the Playoffs, Devan sang the Backstreet Boys’ “Shape of My Heart.” He did a decent job with it. It was very shaky, but he had a few vocal moments here and there. I thought it was the best performance out of the three guys on Nick’s Playoffs team. Devan did not advance to the Top 9 and his journey ended with that. The main reason why Devan isn’t higher is because he never really stood out to me. He had some solid vocal moments, but they were often overshadowed by performances from the other contestants. While Devan is still ranked pretty low, he is definitely worthy of being the highest ranked among this set. :yes:

Clue: Are you sure you’re on Team Nick? (a reference to Devan’s full name, which includes “Blake,” and the fact that he was on Team Nick and not Team Blake.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

As usual, these are all pretty well-written! Love how thorough your explanations are about the placements. Although, there are some contestants in this bottom 5 of yours who are currently in a higher tier on my rankings (their identities will be a secret for now :P ) but yeaah that's just me. I would've put more thoughts, but I might spill some contents on my own rankings, but these are so good, I enjoy reading them

Also, I was worried sick because I could not figure out Devan's clue LMAO I thought for a second it was Andrew- I would've riot jk :haha:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

- Awari - I would've said Lindsay (because she's a complete opposite of Nightmare DUH) but let's keep it real- there's no way you'll rank her this low :haha:. He sang Weak during his audition, which is a complete opposite of what his physique looks like

Durrell Anthony - his blind audition song was Marvin Gaye's What's Going On and that I think some here thought he deserved a steal? because he did good with the performance (their battle even ranked high in the Ratings thread)

- Ethan Lively - it was mentioned a lot here on IDF that his lower register were way better than his higher register (which I completely agree) and if I can recall, you even said that here yourself :P 

- Denisha Dalton - she was the final Team Legend member (which refers to the closed one thing clue) and she opened the final blinds episode

- Halley Greg - sang Like I'm Like A Bird during her blind audition, and bird is one of the fears of (Queen) Carolina iirc