Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)

Bk1234

14 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Andrew William Marshall 😭 this is definitely him. He was on a boyband named Kik It iirc with Colin Jamieson (they were 3 in that band), who was an American Idol s19 contestant 

Ooh, we got the middle name and everything 😮

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, VoiceFan! said:

Early guesses for who would be #1? Im guessing MAYYYBEEEEE Ryleigh, Cam, Gihanna or.....Corey?

My guess is that Dana will also be ranked pretty high

1 hour ago, Angeles said:

Carolina 💯 

Are You Sure GIF by Liz Huett

BK also likes Lindsay a lot, so I could see her easily getting into the Top 5 if Lain did last season, with just one performance.(Although Lindsay had her battle shown, even if shortened, darn you TPTB)

I could see:

5. Ryleigh

4. Cam

3. Lindsay

2. Carolina

1. Gihanna

I actually forgot how much BK liked Ryleigh and Cam so I didn't know where to put them lol. 

9 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

BK also likes Lindsay a lot, so I could see her easily getting into the Top 5 if Lain did last season, with just one performance.

Lain made the Top 7, not the Top 5. :peace:

Edited by Bk1234

Hi Everyone! Not to disagree/argue with anybody, but I know everybody thinks BK is talking about Andrew for the boyband position. However, as I recall, he seemed to like Andrew on 2 of his 4 performances. However, I found an article from the NBC magazine from Fort Wayne, which I often follow, where they talk about Keegan Ferrell.

https://fortwaynesnbc.com/2021/03/22/the-keegan-ferrell-interview-how-the-homestead-grad-went-from-a-band-called-abandoned-to-singing-on-the-voice/

He is mentioned as also previously being in a boyband, and I remember most of IDF, although I do not remember if BK was an exception, seemed to dislike both his battle & knockout. I think there is a slim chance BK is talking about him instead of Andrew, but Andrew's boyband background is linked to idol/more obvious, so I'm probably wrong.

Andrew and Keegan, if either of you are reading this, I respect you both for your talent and performing for millions of Americans and four professionals. 

Edited by Jaffy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Hi Everyone! Not to disagree/argue with anybody, but I know everybody thinks BK is talking about Andrew for the boyband position. However, as I recall, he seemed to like Andrew on 2 of his 4 performances. However, I found an article from the NBC magazine from Fort Wayne, which I often follow, where they talk about Keegan Ferrell.

https://fortwaynesnbc.com/2021/03/22/the-keegan-ferrell-interview-how-the-homestead-grad-went-from-a-band-called-abandoned-to-singing-on-the-voice/

He is mentioned as also previously being in a boyband, and I remember most of IDF, although I do not remember if BK was an exception, seemed to dislike both his battle & knockout. I think there is a slim chance BK is talking about him instead of Andrew, but Andrew's boyband background is linked to idol/more obvious, so I'm probably wrong.

Andrew and Keegan, if either of you are reading this, I respect you both for your talent and performing for millions of Americans and four professionals. 

Oohh good found! But Bk actually created Keegan's fan thread here so I don't see him ranking him this low 😅 andd he also mentioned band with American Idol contestant sooo yeah. BUT thanks for this info anyway!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Bounce

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Agreed. Everyone on this season deserves massive amounts respect, regardless of where they rank. :heartbounce:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Oohh good found! But Bk actually created Keegan's fan thread here so I don't see him ranking him this low 😅 andd he also mentioned band with American Idol contestant sooo yeah. BUT thanks for this info anyway!

Thank You!

#30. Ainae (Team Kelly)

2021-TheVoice-S20-AINAE-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Kicking off this set is the first battle steal to be ranked- oh wait… :giggle: Ok, nevermind. Kicking off this set is the last contestant to fill a team this season. Ainae was the last blind audition taped and aired, and she delivered a beautiful rendition of Daniel Caesar’s “Best Part.” First of all, can we just appreciate this girl’s voice? I could listen to it ALL DAY. It has such a calming quality to it. ☺️ The runs were so delicately executed, yet so precise at the same time. I was happy to see her fill Team Kelly. As someone who wasn’t too big on Ainae pre-season, this audition definitely sold me. Then came Ainae’s battle with Anna, which ended up being one of my favorite battles of the season. Ainae showed off a completely different side of her voice here. It was more gritty, which definitely suited the song. I did prefer Anna here, but that note that Ainae held near the end was so beautiful. I keep coming back to the battle just to hear that part. Anna was declared the winner of the battle, which I was fine with, but in my opinion, Ainae going home was a mistake. What’s even worse is that it was a mistake that could have easily been prevented. According to sources who attended that battle’s taping, Blake pushed his steal button for Ainae, but was too late, and the producers didn’t let them re-film the scene. 🙁 I don’t blame Blake here since he was most likely prolonging the button press for a suspenseful TV moment, I blame the producers. For a show like the Voice that claims to be all for its contestants, simply re-filming a steal moment shouldn’t have been an issue. While it’s a shame Ainae’s run on the show was so short (which is pretty much why she is in one of the earlier sets), she should be proud of the two wonderful performances that she gave on the Voice stage. 🙂

Clue: Would have continued the trend, but a certain coach was too late… (Ainae getting stolen would have continued the trend of last auditions getting stolen by Blake in the Battles, but unfortunately he pushed his button too late.)

#29. Pete Mroz (Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-PETE-MROZ-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1
Next up is a certain Disney character’s favorite contestant of the season. :giggle: Pete is one of those contestants that I love as a person, but just couldn’t really dig on the show. He kicked off his run with a solid performance of “Can’t Find My Way Home.” As John mentioned, his voice does resemble Nick Jonas’ a bit (which I mean as a compliment 😉) and it sounded really nice here. The thing I like about Pete’s voice the most though is that it can take on many forms. It can be light and fluffy, but it can also be rough and gritty (if that even makes sense. :haha:) I think this performance showed off both sides well and gave the viewers a good taste of what to expect from Pete. Pete gave my favorite vocal from him in the Battles with his duet of “Have a Little Faith in Me.” Also, how fitting is it that they decided to short clip my favorite vocal showing from Pete… :/ Anyway, Pete sounded great here. I preferred Savanna because of her gorgeous tone, but Pete’s voice gave off such a relaxed and calming vibe that suited the song well. Pete won the battle and moved on to the Knockouts where in my opinion, he took a step back, but not as far back as I expected him to. “Before You Go” is clearly not in Pete’s wheelhouse, but he still managed to do a good job with the song. Some of his vocal choices took some getting used to, but overall, he was solid vocally. My main problem was how out of place he looked on stage. 😅 The hand movements, for example, were just a little too much and kind of took away from the emotion of the song. This clearly wasn’t Pete’s finest moment, but overall, I’d give it an A for effort. In the Playoffs, Pete went back to the guitar and gave a solid performance of “We Belong.” It wasn’t bad per se, but it just didn’t go anywhere. In a night full of amazing Team Blake performances, his just blended in for me (clearly it didn’t for the voters though, as he was voted into the Instant Save.) I think I even preferred “Before You Go” to this. Again, this performance wasn’t bad, just not very interesting lol. After not getting the public vote or coach save (which surprised me), Pete was voted into the Instant Save where he gave an interesting performance of “Speechless.” :lmao: Yeah… this wasn’t great… Pete was given another bad song choice, but this time he wasn’t able to overcome it. He even forgot some lyrics and replaced them with his own (which I didn’t even notice till I re-watched it lol.) He mentioned during one of his lives that he hadn’t really fully prepared himself to sing it, which explains him forgetting the lyrics. Pete didn’t advance after this (imagine IDF’s reaction to him advancing… :dead:) and went home. Pete had a solid run on the show. He never really got back to the level of his audition and battle, but his ability to improvise when given poor song choices is one to applaud. His live show performances are what got him in one of the lower sets. It looks like we’ll be seeing more Pete in S21 one though (d*sney must be thrilled :giggle:), as he will be working with the Voice to promote the S21 artists through his amazing IG live interviews. I’m so happy he was given this opportunity and I can’t wait to watch more of his interviews in the future! 🙂
Clue: Thank goodness there’s no Disney week on the Voice, as this contestant would have been greeted with yet another bad song choice. (a reference to the IDF user @disney1024’s dislike for Pete and the fact that Pete received two poor song choices during his run on the show - “Before You Go” and “Speechless.”)

#28. Andrew Marshall (Team Nick -> Team Blake -> Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-ANDREW-MARSHALL-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Up next is Pete’s KO partner, Andrew William Marshall (@sydneysam is bound to like this one :stealth:) and the first battle (and KO steal) to be ranked. Andrew is a contestant that really impressed me in one round, but unfortunately failed to maintain that momentum. :( Andrew started his run with a solid performance of John Mayer’s “Gravity” (fun fact: a lot of the contestants like to call him “Gravity” as a nickname.) I think I enjoyed this performance more than most on here (well, certainly not more than @sydneysam:giggle:) His voice has a very relaxing quality to it that just makes me want to listen all day. He sounded pretty good up until the end where he tried to go for the higher notes and his voice started to sound strained. Nick was the only one to turn, which was probably fine by him, since that seems like a logical choice for him. In the Battles, Andrew was paired with Raine and together they sang “Adore You” by Harry Styles. This song allowed Andrew to really own the stage and he sounded great. I loved his energy and even preferred him to Raine (who I liked better after auditions.) Nick realized that Andrew did better as well, but still ended up going with Raine, which I have mixed feelings about. I love Raine, but if Andrew did better in the moment, he should have been awarded the win, in my opinion. Regardless, Andrew still moved on to Knockouts after Blake came to the rescue and stole him (always helping out the kind of rookie coach.. ;)) Andrew gave my favorite performance of his in the Knockouts. The thing I liked the most about this performance was the emotion that Andrew was able to deliver. For the first time all season, I felt invested in one of his performances. 🥺 I thought he deserved to win the Knockout, but given how Pete maneuvered that tough song, I wasn’t upset with the result. As someone who was a little confused why Nick would steal Andrew back pre-season, I now was more than happy to see him advance to the lives. 🙂 For the Playoffs, I was really hoping he would get another emotional song, but unfortunately he got “Put Your Records On,” and not the good version… :/ This performance wasn’t great, but I think a lot of people on here were too harsh on it. It was pretty solid up until he started going for the big notes and his voice cracked. Minus that unnecessary hip thrust (:whut:), he owned the stage and brought the energy that the song required. Andrew didn’t get the public vote, Nick’s save, or a chance to sing in the wildcard (which surprised me), so he was instantly eliminated. Andrew really impressed me in his Knockout, but unfortunately, his other performances never really allowed him to emote and deliver vocally, hence why he is in one of the lower sets (sorry @sydneysam...) 

Clue: Was in a boy band with one of the contestants from the most recent season of American Idol. (Andrew was in the boy band Kik-It with American Idol contestant, Colin Jamieson.)

1452502160_kikit.png?1467244464

(Andrew is the guy on the left with the gray shirt. Colin is the guy on the right with the green coat.)

#27. Bradley Sinclair (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-BRADLEY-SINCLAIR-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Up next is the first of my fan thread contestants to show up. :shock: I will admit that I probably should have waited before making Bradley’s fan thread, but I was just so obsessed with one of his Justin Bieber covers that I just couldn't resist. 😅 After first hearing his audition performance of “Say You Won’t Let Go,” I will admit that I was a little disappointed. However, the performance grew on me a lot after a re-watch. I love the range and power that Bradley brought to the song. Some parts were a little shaky vocally, but overall, it was a nice, solid vocal that was deserving of those two chair turns. Bradley ended up going with Nick and moved on to the Battles where he and Rachel delivered one of my favorite battles of the season. The coaches liked it a lot too since it was the first (and only) four coach standing ovation of the season. One of the issues I had with Bradley in his blind audition was that he didn’t seem to have complete control of his voice (probably due to nerves), but here he shined. His growl placements were well-selected and the growls themselves were executed perfectly: impactful, but not overbearing. :thumbs: I preferred Rachel here because of her tone, but Bradley was more solid vocally, so this was definitely a tough choice for Nick. Both did amazing and unfortunately one had to go home, since there were no steals. A lot of people blame the coaches for this, but I blame whoever decided on the set list for the tapings. This battle should have been reserved for one of the earlier tapings where the coaches still had their steals and saves. Nick chose Rachel, which I had no issues with, but that meant that Bradley would have to go home after his fantastic vocal performance. :( It was upsetting to see, especially since he was one of my pre-season favorites, but it is what it is. Bradley’s placement in one of the lower sets is mostly due to his audition, which had a few shaky moments. His excellent battle is what warrants him one of the top spots in this set.

Clue: The song this contestant wanted to sing for the KOs was sung by another contestant in a future round. (Bradley wanted to sing “Someone You Loved” in the Knockouts and Gihanna ended up singing that in the Semifinals Instant Save.)

#26. Raine Stern (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-RAINE-STERN-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Raine was one of the most unique this season and one of the most unique contestants in Voice history. She brought such a unique flair and style to every performance. Raine began her Voice journey with an amazing performance of “Electric Feel” (which I am listening to as I write this.) Raine mentioned having to really fight for this song, and boy am I glad she did. :w00tbounce: It was definitely one of the most innovative and exciting performances of the season. She deserved four chairs, but Kelly was probably being picky again (but we still love her. 😘) Everything from Raine’s look, Raine’s performance style, the arrangement, the high notes, and guitar playing just made this an amazing performance. Raine got off to a strong start, but unfortunately, she wasn’t able to maintain that momentum in the Battles (and given the circumstances, I don’t really blame her.) When battles were being filmed, Raine suffered from tonsillitis and she had two wisdom teeth coming in (rough…) :( Not to mention, someone thought it would be a great idea to give her “Adore You” for her battle. :whut: Before I get into all the nitty-gritty stuff, I just want to say that Raine looked gorgeous here! :heartbounce: Her outfit was stunning. Now, vocally this was not Raine’s best. It was clear that she wasn't in her element. However, I will say that she did not sound as bad as sources made it out to be. Despite having a weak vocal showing, Nick still chose Raine because of body of work, which is most certainly a questionable decision. I already discussed my thoughts on that in Andrew’s write-ups, so to focus on Raine, I’ll just say that I was happy to see a unique artist like her advance to the Knockouts. Unfortunately, Raine’s knockout was montaged, so we never really got to see if she exited on a high note. :/ I love the full version she posted on her YouTube channel, but obviously, I can’t take that into account here because we did not get to see it on the show. Raine did give us some details on what happened during her Knockout. There was a lot, but the one point I want to bring up is that Kelly really fought for her and said that she would have stolen her had she not already used her steal on Zae. I would have loved to see a unique artist like Raine in the Playoffs, but at the end of the day, I can’t really say whether she should or should not have advanced, since we only saw a few seconds of her actual performance. Now, some of you guys may be questioning why Raine has the highest spot in this set. Yes, the answer is that her audition carried her to this spot, but I will note that the unique flair she brought to every performance (regardless of how she sounded) definitely helped.

Clue: Wanted to sing a song with part of their name in it. (Raine wanted to sing “Purple Rain'' in the live shows.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#26-30 Posted!!!!)
12 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

How Dare You Greta GIF

jk I LOVE the write up, the reasons were understandable and fair! GLAD you liked Gravity though, I thought I and season1 were the only ones who liked it here :haha:

for the others, all have fair write ups and that first line on Ainae's and Pete's cracked me up LMAO. Nice content again though, love reading these commentaries! ❤️ 

• Haha 2

30th: I`d probably rank her a bit lower, and this is not a knock on her talent, but none of her two performances on the show really did it for me (although I did think she won her battle).

29th: As the person who started Pete`s fan thread, I`d obviously rank him higher, but I can`t argue with this placement due to "Speechless". I think his blind was my favorite of his on the show, because it showcased him as the artist he actually is. They never really allowed him to be himself on the show after that. But that KO bus dodge was great.

28th: I`m actually a bit surprised that you have him this low considering that you seemed to like him a lot more, but can`t disagree here. His KO was great, but not a fan of his battle or playoffs performances.

27th: Fair placement. (I thought he won his battle though, which might be an unpopular opinion).

26th: Fair placement too. This show really wasn`t for her at all, but her blind audition is enough to keep her above 30th or so.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

How Dare You Greta GIF

jk I LOVE the write up, the reasons were understandable and fair! GLAD you liked Gravity though, I thought I and season1 were the only ones who liked it here :haha:

for the others, all have fair write ups and that first line on Ainae's and Pete's cracked me up LMAO. Nice content again though, love reading these commentaries! ❤️ 

I had a feeling you'd be a bit upset about this one. :haha:

I'm glad you at least enjoyed his write-up. And yes, I did enjoy "Gravity." It took a couple re-watches did really dig it though, so that could be why my enjoyment of it wasn't very evident.

I try to add some humor here and there. ;) 

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

30th: I`d probably rank her a bit lower, and this is not a knock on her talent, but none of her two performances on the show really did it for me (although I did think she won her battle).

29th: As the person who started Pete`s fan thread, I`d obviously rank him higher, but I can`t argue with this placement due to "Speechless". I think his blind was my favorite of his on the show, because it showcased him as the artist he actually is. They never really allowed him to be himself on the show after that. But that KO bus dodge was great.

28th: I`m actually a bit surprised that you have him this low considering that you seemed to like him a lot more, but can`t disagree here. His KO was great, but not a fan of his battle or playoffs performances.

27th: Fair placement. (I thought he won his battle though, which might be an unpopular opinion).

26th: Fair placement too. This show really wasn`t for her at all, but her blind audition is enough to keep her above 30th or so.

30. Hmm... interesting. I know a few people mentioned not being completely sold on her battle, so that makes sense. 

29. Agreed. I'd say his blind was my favorite full performance from him, since we didn't get to see his entire battle. ☹️

28. I was surprised to have him this low as well! :lmao:

27. That's understandable. I will agree that he was more solid vocally than Rachel.

26. Yeah, the show didn't really allow her to fully display her artistry. Her audition was insane though! :music:

#29 had me like
rs_634x384-200413144659-Tyra.gif

In all seriousness, if you're not into voices like Pete to begin with, I can see why he'd be lower in your rankings. His journey on the show isn't exactly the best showcase for his artistry. But man, that voice.... I just love it. Clear as water. Even when he sang songs out of his wheelhouse, he manages to give them a different flavor just by his bell-like tone.

And honestly, I just love the guy's spirit. He just oozes positivity. There's a reason why his IG Lives are getting attention. He knows how to make people comfortable and he's very easy to open up to. Just ask most of the S20 cast. I had the privilege of talking to him in an IG Live, and it was like talking to an old friend. 

Also.... just rewatched Speechless and you know what? Not as bad as I thought at first. Yes, his heart is not in it, but he actually sounds pleasant in it. He actually sang it a few times on his lives and if he just got more into the song, it would have been a decent performance.

I appreciate your excitement of his upcoming stint as a press person for S21, that's gonna be such a fun ride! I look forward more to his future music projects though. 3 upcoming singles and a Christmas record? We're gonna be so spoiled.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

#29 had me like
rs_634x384-200413144659-Tyra.gif

In all seriousness, if you're not into voices like Pete to begin with, I can see why he'd be lower in your rankings. His journey on the show isn't exactly the best showcase for his artistry. But man, that voice.... I just love it. Clear as water. Even when he sang songs out of his wheelhouse, he manages to give them a different flavor just by his bell-like tone.

And honestly, I just love the guy's spirit. He just oozes positivity. There's a reason why his IG Lives are getting attention. He knows how to make people comfortable and he's very easy to open up to. Just ask most of the S21 cast. I had the privilege of talking to him in an IG Live, and it was like talking to an old friend. 

Also.... just rewatched Speechless and you know what? Not as bad as I thought at first. Yes, his heart is not in it, but he actually sounds pleasant in it. He actually sang it a few times on his lives and if he just got more into the song, it would have been a decent performance.

I appreciate your excitement of his upcoming stint as a press person for S21, that's gonna be such a fun ride! I look forward more to his future music projects though. 3 upcoming singles and a Christmas record? We're gonna be so spoiled.

:rofl: 

I agree with you on “Speechless.” His heart wasn’t really into it and that created a disconnect. I do appreciate his ability to make up lyrics on the spot though. That’s impressive! 👏

Yes, I can’t wait for that! I love his interviews and watching them will be a good way to connect more with the S21 cast. 🙂 

13 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

There’s some people I’d place differently (and I still have last season’s to finish, since I’ve been scheduled for work the last five days in a row) but the explanations once again make sense even if I don’t necessarily 100% agree.

I’m glad you find the explanations reasonable. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:#30. Ainae (Team Kelly)

2021-TheVoice-S20-AINAE-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Kicking off this set is the first battle steal to be ranked- oh wait… :giggle: Ok, nevermind. Kicking off this set is the last contestant to fill a team this season. Ainae was the last blind audition taped and aired, and she delivered a beautiful rendition of Daniel Caesar’s “Best Part.” First of all, can we just appreciate this girl’s voice? I could listen to it ALL DAY. It has such a calming quality to it. ☺️ The runs were so delicately executed, yet so precise at the same time. I was happy to see her fill Team Kelly. As someone who wasn’t too big on Ainae pre-season, this audition definitely sold me. Then came Ainae’s battle with Anna, which ended up being one of my favorite battles of the season. Ainae showed off a completely different side of her voice here. It was more gritty, which definitely suited the song. I did prefer Anna here, but that note that Ainae held near the end was so beautiful. I keep coming back to the battle just to hear that part. Anna was declared the winner of the battle, which I was fine with, but in my opinion, Ainae going home was a mistake. What’s even worse is that it was a mistake that could have easily been prevented. According to sources who attended that battle’s taping, Blake pushed his steal button for Ainae, but was too late, and the producers didn’t let them re-film the scene. 🙁 I don’t blame Blake here since he was most likely prolonging the button press for a suspenseful TV moment, I blame the producers. For a show like the Voice that claims to be all for its contestants, simply re-filming a steal moment shouldn’t have been an issue. While it’s a shame Ainae’s run on the show was so short (which is pretty much why she is in one of the earlier sets), she should be proud of the two wonderful performances that she gave on the Voice stage. 🙂

Clue: Would have continued the trend, but a certain coach was too late… (Ainae getting stolen would have continued the trend of last auditions getting stolen by Blake in the Battles, but unfortunately he pushed his button too late.)

#29. Pete Mroz (Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-PETE-MROZ-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1
Next up is a certain Disney character’s favorite contestant of the season. :giggle: Pete is one of those contestants that I love as a person, but just couldn’t really dig on the show. He kicked off his run with a solid performance of “Can’t Find My Way Home.” As John mentioned, his voice does resemble Nick Jonas’ a bit (which I mean as a compliment 😉) and it sounded really nice here. The thing I like about Pete’s voice the most though is that it can take on many forms. It can be light and fluffy, but it can also be rough and gritty (if that even makes sense. :haha:) I think this performance showed off both sides well and gave the viewers a good taste of what to expect from Pete. Pete gave my favorite vocal from him in the Battles with his duet of “Have a Little Faith in Me.” Also, how fitting is it that they decided to short clip my favorite vocal showing from Pete… :/ Anyway, Pete sounded great here. I preferred Savanna because of her gorgeous tone, but Pete’s voice gave off such a relaxed and calming vibe that suited the song well. Pete won the battle and moved on to the Knockouts where in my opinion, he took a step back, but not as far back as I expected him to. “Before You Go” is clearly not in Pete’s wheelhouse, but he still managed to do a good job with the song. Some of his vocal choices took some getting used to, but overall, he was solid vocally. My main problem was how out of place he looked on stage. 😅 The hand movements, for example, were just a little too much and kind of took away from the emotion of the song. This clearly wasn’t Pete’s finest moment, but overall, I’d give it an A for effort. In the Playoffs, Pete went back to the guitar and gave a solid performance of “We Belong.” It wasn’t bad per se, but it just didn’t go anywhere. In a night full of amazing Team Blake performances, his just blended in for me (clearly it didn’t for the voters though, as he was voted into the Instant Save.) I think I even preferred “Before You Go” to this. Again, this performance wasn’t bad, just not very interesting lol. After not getting the public vote or coach save (which surprised me), Pete was voted into the Instant Save where he gave an interesting performance of “Speechless.” :lmao: Yeah… this wasn’t great… Pete was given another bad song choice, but this time he wasn’t able to overcome it. He even forgot some lyrics and replaced them with his own (which I didn’t even notice till I re-watched it lol.) He mentioned during one of his lives that he hadn’t really fully prepared himself to sing it, which explains him forgetting the lyrics. Pete didn’t advance after this (imagine IDF’s reaction to him advancing… :dead:) and went home. Pete had a solid run on the show. He never really got back to the level of his audition and battle, but his ability to improvise when given poor song choices is one to applaud. His live show performances are what got him in one of the lower sets. It looks like we’ll be seeing more Pete in S21 one though (d*sney must be thrilled :giggle:), as he will be working with the Voice to promote the S21 artists through his amazing IG live interviews. I’m so happy he was given this opportunity and I can’t wait to watch more of his interviews in the future! 🙂
Clue: Thank goodness there’s no Disney week on the Voice, as this contestant would have been greeted with yet another bad song choice. (a reference to the IDF user @disney1024’s dislike for Pete and the fact that Pete received two poor song choices during his run on the show - “Before You Go” and “Speechless.”)

2021-TheVoice-S20-ANDREW-MARSHALL-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Up next is Pete’s KO partner, Andrew William Marshall (@sydneysam is bound to like this one :stealth:) and the first battle (and KO steal) to be ranked. Andrew is a contestant that really impressed me in one round, but unfortunately failed to maintain that momentum. :( Andrew started his run with a solid performance of John Mayer’s “Gravity” (fun fact: a lot of the contestants like to call him “Gravity” as a nickname.) I think I enjoyed this performance more than most on here (well, certainly not more than @sydneysam:giggle:) His voice has a very relaxing quality to it that just makes me want to listen all day. He sounded pretty good up until the end where he tried to go for the higher notes and his voice started to sound strained. Nick was the only one to turn, which was probably fine by him, since that seems like a logical choice for him. In the Battles, Andrew was paired with Raine and together they sang “Adore You” by Harry Styles. This song allowed Andrew to really own the stage and he sounded great. I loved his energy and even preferred him to Raine (who I liked better after auditions.) Nick realized that Andrew did better as well, but still ended up going with Raine, which I have mixed feelings about. I love Raine, but if Andrew did better in the moment, he should have been awarded the win, in my opinion. Regardless, Andrew still moved on to Knockouts after Blake came to the rescue and stole him (always helping out the kind of rookie coach.. ;)) Andrew gave my favorite performance of his in the Knockouts. The thing I liked the most about this performance was the emotion that Andrew was able to deliver. For the first time all season, I felt invested in one of his performances. 🥺 I thought he deserved to win the Knockout, but given how Pete maneuvered that tough song, I wasn’t upset with the result. As someone who was a little confused why Nick would steal Andrew back pre-season, I now was more than happy to see him advance to the lives. 🙂 For the Playoffs, I was really hoping he would get another emotional song, but unfortunately he got “Put Your Records On,” and not the good version… :/ This performance wasn’t great, but I think a lot of people on here were too harsh on it. It was pretty solid up until he started going for the big notes and his voice cracked. Minus that unnecessary hip thrust (:whut:), he owned the stage and brought the energy that the song required. Andrew didn’t get the public vote, Nick’s save, or a chance to sing in the wildcard (which surprised me), so he was instantly eliminated. Andrew really impressed me in his Knockout, but unfortunately, his other performances never really allowed him to emote and deliver vocally, hence why he is in one of the lower sets (sorry @sydneysam...) 

Clue: Was in a boy band with one of the contestants from the most recent season of American Idol. (Andrew was in the boy band Kik-It with American Idol contestant, Colin Jamieson.)

1452502160_kikit.png?1467244464

(Andrew is the guy on the left with the gray shirt. Colin is the guy on the right with the green coat.)

#27. Bradley Sinclair (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-BRADLEY-SINCLAIR-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Up next is the first of my fan thread contestants to show up. :shock: I will admit that I probably should have waited before making Bradley’s fan thread, but I was just so obsessed with one of his Justin Bieber covers that I just couldn't resist. 😅 After first hearing his audition performance of “Say You Won’t Let Go,” I will admit that I was a little disappointed. However, the performance grew on me a lot after a re-watch. I love the range and power that Bradley brought to the song. Some parts were a little shaky vocally, but overall, it was a nice, solid vocal that was deserving of those two chair turns. Bradley ended up going with Nick and moved on to the Battles where he and Rachel delivered one of my favorite battles of the season. The coaches liked it a lot too since it was the first (and only) four coach standing ovation of the season. One of the issues I had with Bradley in his blind audition was that he didn’t seem to have complete control of his voice (probably due to nerves), but here he shined. His growl placements were well-selected and the growls themselves were executed perfectly: impactful, but not overbearing. :thumbs: I preferred Rachel here because of her tone, but Bradley was more solid vocally, so this was definitely a tough choice for Nick. Both did amazing and unfortunately one had to go home, since there were no steals. A lot of people blame the coaches for this, but I blame whoever decided on the set list for the tapings. This battle should have been reserved for one of the earlier tapings where the coaches still had their steals and saves. Nick chose Rachel, which I had no issues with, but that meant that Bradley would have to go home after his fantastic vocal performance. :( It was upsetting to see, especially since he was one of my pre-season favorites, but it is what it is. Bradley’s placement in one of the lower sets is mostly due to his audition, which had a few shaky moments. His excellent battle is what warrants him one of the top spots in this set.

Clue: The song this contestant wanted to sing for the KOs was sung by another contestant in a future round. (Bradley wanted to sing “Someone You Loved” in the Knockouts and Gihanna ended up singing that in the Semifinals Instant Save.)

#26. Raine Stern (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-RAINE-STERN-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1

Raine was one of the most unique this season and one of the most unique contestants in Voice history. She brought such a unique flair and style to every performance. Raine began her Voice journey with an amazing performance of “Electric Feel” (which I am listening to as I write this.) Raine mentioned having to really fight for this song, and boy am I glad she did. :w00tbounce: It was definitely one of the most innovative and exciting performances of the season. She deserved four chairs, but Kelly was probably being picky again (but we still love her. 😘) Everything from Raine’s look, Raine’s performance style, the arrangement, the high notes, and guitar playing just made this an amazing performance. Raine got off to a strong start, but unfortunately, she wasn’t able to maintain that momentum in the Battles (and given the circumstances, I don’t really blame her.) When battles were being filmed, Raine suffered from tonsillitis and she had two wisdom teeth coming in (rough…) :( Not to mention, someone thought it would be a great idea to give her “Adore You” for her battle. :whut: Before I get into all the nitty-gritty stuff, I just want to say that Raine looked gorgeous here! :heartbounce: Her outfit was stunning. Now, vocally this was not Raine’s best. It was clear that she wasn't in her element. However, I will say that she did not sound as bad as sources made it out to be. Despite having a weak vocal showing, Nick still chose Raine because of body of work, which is most certainly a questionable decision. I already discussed my thoughts on that in Andrew’s write-ups, so to focus on Raine, I’ll just say that I was happy to see a unique artist like her advance to the Knockouts. Unfortunately, Raine’s knockout was montaged, so we never really got to see if she exited on a high note. :/ I love the full version she posted on her YouTube channel, but obviously, I can’t take that into account here because we did not get to see it on the show. Raine did give us some details on what happened during her Knockout. There was a lot, but the one point I want to bring up is that Kelly really fought for her and said that she would have stolen her had she not already used her steal on Zae. I would have loved to see a unique artist like Raine in the Playoffs, but at the end of the day, I can’t really say whether she should or should not have advanced, since we only saw a few seconds of her actual performance. Now, some of you guys may be questioning why Raine has the highest spot in this set. Yes, the answer is that her audition carried her to this spot, but I will note that the unique flair she brought to every performance (regardless of how she sounded) definitely helped.

Clue: Wanted to sing a song with part of their name in it. (Raine wanted to sing “Purple Rain'' in the live shows.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

30: Looooove Ainae, especially her personality! Her placement is fair tbh considering how little we saw of her but her tone is out of this world.

29: I would’ve definitely ranked Pete higher but I agree that he’s someone that if you don’t love his tone or performance style, he won’t do it for you. I would’ve had him in the 20-15 range or so.

28: Fair placement for Andrew. Maybeeee 25-20 for me just because of that I Won’t Give Up performance lol. He’s great but some of the songs he got on the show were not it.

27: I never got attached to him so he’d probably be in my first or second set personally, but he has a great tone.

26: surprised to see Raine at 26! I was expecting her to be in either your 1st or 2nd set because I remember you being not-so-friendly pre show lol but it’s all good! Yes, Adore You was criminal, and I think that really affected her chances at moving on. The Voice is also not really her show. Reminds me of contestants like Taryn who can rock live shows and slay when they do their thing, but when a show like the voice limits what they can do they’re affected. I would place her higher because of the impact she had on me personally (Electric Feel is one of my favorite auditions all time) but I understand here because we didn’t get to see as much of her on the show.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

30: Looooove Ainae, especially her personality! Her placement is fair tbh considering how little we saw of her but her tone is out of this world.

29: I would’ve definitely ranked Pete higher but I agree that he’s someone that if you don’t love his tone or performance style, he won’t do it for you. I would’ve had him in the 20-15 range or so.

28: Fair placement for Andrew. Maybeeee 25-20 for me just because of that I Won’t Give Up performance lol. He’s great but some of the songs he got on the show were not it.

27: I never got attached to him so he’d probably be in my first or second set personally, but he has a great tone.

26: surprised to see Raine at 26! I was expecting her to be in either your 1st or 2nd set because I remember you being not-so-friendly pre show lol but it’s all good! Yes, Adore You was criminal, and I think that really affected her chances at moving on. The Voice is also not really her show. Reminds me of contestants like Taryn who can rock live shows and slay when they do their thing, but when a show like the voice limits what they can do they’re affected. I would place her higher because of the impact she had on me personally (Electric Feel is one of my favorite auditions all time) but I understand here because we didn’t get to see as much of her on the show.

I’m glad we’re mostly in agreement here. I’m actually surprised by how high I placed Raine, but I just can’t get enough of her audition. 🤪 You are right about the connection to Taryn though. The Voice didn’t allow them to show their full potential.