Jump to content

Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)


Bk1234
 Share

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

This wouldn’t be the first time a surprise occurred 👀 

True, but it would be the first time there'd be utter blasphemy, and I've learned to expect that you have a good amount of taste :haha: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have gained so much respect for@Bk1234 and @VintageVoice. Planning a ranking is so much work. 😅 Y’all do such a great job at making the clues fun while being fair to the contestants you’re writing about. 


After Bk’s and VV’s rankings are done, I will be starting my Season 18 Contestant Ranking, so make sure y’all play along with that, too! 🥰

 

I thought clues would be the hardest thing to do, so I finished them first. But now I’m realizing that I’m uber indecisive, so the actual ranking is torture. 🤡🤡  Idk how y’all decide.😫

I have the contestants organized into tiers, but the ranking within those tiers is toughhh. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Harmat said:

I have gained so much respect for@Bk1234 and @VintageVoice. Planning a ranking is so much work. 😅 Y’all do such a great job at making the clues fun while being fair to the contestants you’re writing about. 


After Bk’s and VV’s rankings are done, I will be starting my Season 18 Contestant Ranking, so make sure y’all play along with that, too! 🥰

 

I thought clues would be the hardest thing to do, so I finished them first. But now I’m realizing that I’m uber indecisive, so the actual ranking is torture. 🤡🤡  Idk how y’all decide.😫

I have the contestants organized into tiers, but the ranking within those tiers is toughhh. 

I’ll be looking forward to it! 🙂 (Hoping for that Allegra dominance 🥰

 

No, it’s definitely the ranking. 😅 Organizing them into tiers is a good start though. Just compare the contestants in each tier performance by performance. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Harmat said:

I have gained so much respect for@Bk1234 and @VintageVoice. Planning a ranking is so much work. 😅 Y’all do such a great job at making the clues fun while being fair to the contestants you’re writing about. 


After Bk’s and VV’s rankings are done, I will be starting my Season 18 Contestant Ranking, so make sure y’all play along with that, too! 🥰

 

I thought clues would be the hardest thing to do, so I finished them first. But now I’m realizing that I’m uber indecisive, so the actual ranking is torture. 🤡🤡  Idk how y’all decide.😫

I have the contestants organized into tiers, but the ranking within those tiers is toughhh. 

I hope Megan has a good placement. 🥺🤞

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Harmat said:

I have gained so much respect for@Bk1234 and @VintageVoice. Planning a ranking is so much work. 😅 Y’all do such a great job at making the clues fun while being fair to the contestants you’re writing about. 


After Bk’s and VV’s rankings are done, I will be starting my Season 18 Contestant Ranking, so make sure y’all play along with that, too! 🥰

 

I thought clues would be the hardest thing to do, so I finished them first. But now I’m realizing that I’m uber indecisive, so the actual ranking is torture. 🤡🤡  Idk how y’all decide.😫

I have the contestants organized into tiers, but the ranking within those tiers is toughhh. 

Ready for Zan getting that #1 🤩

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harmat said:

I have gained so much respect for@Bk1234 and @VintageVoice. Planning a ranking is so much work. 😅 Y’all do such a great job at making the clues fun while being fair to the contestants you’re writing about. 


After Bk’s and VV’s rankings are done, I will be starting my Season 18 Contestant Ranking, so make sure y’all play along with that, too! 🥰

 

I thought clues would be the hardest thing to do, so I finished them first. But now I’m realizing that I’m uber indecisive, so the actual ranking is torture. 🤡🤡  Idk how y’all decide.😫

I have the contestants organized into tiers, but the ranking within those tiers is toughhh. 

Considering it took me literally five months to finish my last ranking, you may not want to hold out on me finishing before you start yours 🤣


Ranking is definitely tougher than the clues (other than being an IDF n00b at the time, I also skipped ranking the S18 cast because there's no way I would've been able to narrow it down), but I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the contestants.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harmat said:

I thought clues would be the hardest thing to do, so I finished them first. But now I’m realizing that I’m uber indecisive, so the actual ranking is torture. 🤡🤡  Idk how y’all decide.😫

 

If that ain't the truth- LMAO I just finished my S20 rankings (and one batch's write ups) and will post it after VV's so I guess our rankings will be posted at the same time 👀, gladly we had different seasons. Cannot wait for yours!! (hoping a good ranking for Joanna 🤞🏻) ❤️

 

AND TO GO BACK- I'm kind of nervous for Bk's 5th ranking 💀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

AND TO GO BACK- I'm kind of nervous for Bk's 5th ranking 💀

That will come later today. The write-up is done. I just have to get to my computer so I can edit and post. 🙂 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What Bk hasn´t told you, is that he decided to fool y"all by making the list a twist, meaning that he was going from 1st to 40th instead of from 40th to 1st, which means that the people coming up are the bottom 5. JD Casper was his favorite artist from the season and he seriously considered quitting the show once the Wheels beat him.

 

(Meltdowns incoming).

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

What Bk hasn´t told you, is that he decided to fool y"all by making the list a twist, meaning that he was going from 1st to 40th instead of from 40th to 1st, which means that the people coming up are the bottom 5. JD Casper was his favorite artist from the season and he seriously considered quitting the show once the Wheels beat him.

 

(Meltdowns incoming).

Oh no, you spoiled the big twist!!! 😵

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Considering it took me literally five months to finish my last ranking, you may not want to hold out on me finishing before you start yours 🤣


Ranking is definitely tougher than the clues (other than being an IDF n00b at the time, I also skipped ranking the S18 cast because there's no way I would've been able to narrow it down), but I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the contestants.

Ahah, I remember I took an IDF break for January-February ish to prep for exams. 
I was really enjoying your ranking, so I didn’t want to miss out. But when I came back, your ranking wasn’t done yet, so I got to experience it in real time now! 🤣👏🏽 
 

Yes, S18 is so even for me. I’m thinking of changing up the format to introduce a new element and make ranking easier!💥👀

 

1 hour ago, sydneysam said:

 

If that ain't the truth- LMAO I just finished my S20 rankings (and one batch's write ups) and will post it after VV's so I guess our rankings will be posted at the same time 👀, gladly we had different seasons. Cannot wait for yours!! (hoping a good ranking for Joanna 🤞🏻) ❤️

 

AND TO GO BACK- I'm kind of nervous for Bk's 5th ranking 💀

Oooh, so exciting! The more, the merrier! Having 2 rankings at the same time will fill the IDF Ghosttown days nicely. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

#5. Anna Grace (Team Kelly -> Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-ANNA-GRACE-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=340&imdensity=1
Wow, time really does fly by. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was working on JD’s write-up and now I’m already working on the first member of my Top 5! 😮 Kicking off my Top 5 is the genreless queen Anna Grace, who is the last four chair turn to be ranked and the last Knockout steal to be ranked. Anna was someone that I loved pre-season. She had a ton of amazing Instagram covers that gave us a taste of her voice, which I immediately fell in love with. Her voice reminded me of a mix between Julia and Cami’s, two contestants that placed in my Top 5 last season. The one thing that really separates Anna from those two, and Ryleigh, an indie pop girl from this season, is that she is practically genreless (this is what the clue referred to. 😉) The genre of a song does not matter and she does not excel or do poorly with a specific genre. She excels when she is given a song that she can connect to and insert her own emotions into. We got a great taste of this during her run on the show and while some people might have been disappointed by her run on the show, I absolutely loved it. I think a big issue with Anna was that she was constantly getting hyped up on here (I think her fan thread had the most fans before the season started), so when she didn’t deliver as people expected her to, everyone kind of just threw her to the curb :( (I’m telling you, some people on here really need to be loyal to their favs because it pays off-) Anna sang Billie Eilish’s “my future” for her audition and did a solid job with it. Was it my favorite rendition of the song? No, but it was still a good performance. Anna was really solid in the slower parts of the song, which really allowed her to show off the beautiful qualities of her voice. The tempo change is what caused things to get a bit shaky though. The runs were a bit shaky, but overall, the execution was still solid. This wasn’t Anna’s best and I think she knew that, but I loved her mindset. She was open to the (constructive) criticism and was happy that the coaches believed in her, which is a good mindset to have (I hope she wasn’t too upset by IDF’s comments *flashbacks to that iconic picture of the IDF tab on her computer* :giggle:) My issue is when these people say she didn’t deserve four chairs when we all know that they wouldn’t even make it past the initial casting call if they tried to audition (sorry, but I had to say it… #endofrant) Anyway, I forgot to mention that Anna is a Brynn stan too, so she was bound to at least make my Top 10 after that. 👀 We were also introduced to her touching story (which they proceeded to mention in every pre-performance package…), which just made me fall in love with her even more. Anna went with Kelly, which I would say was a good choice because she already seemed invested and interested in helping Anna grow on the show. Anna was paired with Ainae in the Battles (an odd pairing lol) and they sang an Amy Winehouse song, which was the complete opposite of Anna’s blind. I was interested in seeing how Anna would tackle this song and to summarize my thoughts, she slayed. The improvement from her blind was evident in her vocals and stage presence. This battle has been on repeat ever since Ainae’s write-up motivated me to get back into watching it. 🤪 This is an unpopular preference on here, but I preferred Anna. Her parts and vocal choices intrigued me more and are part of the reason why I loved the battle so much! Anna’s outfit was so fun too. It was perfect for her and suited the vibe of the song well. Plus, the color was so cute. :haha: Like I mentioned before, Anna’s improvement from her blind to her battle was tremendous. She maneuvered the stage with so much confidence and all the runs and tricks she did with her voice were executed perfectly. This performance really made me consider Anna as a contender for my Top 5 (yes, I think about these things that early lol) and I was honestly surprised to see that not too many on here were into it (oh how that changed the round after :giggle:) The homecoming queen and Kelly agreed with me and chose Anna, and Ainae ended up going home, which I was a bit upset by, especially since all they needed to do was re-film the scene… Anyway (all my thoughts on *that* are in Ainae’s write-up), Anna moved on to the Knockouts and this is where she really started to impress people. Anna sang “If I Die Young,” a country song, which her fan thread had been begging for pre-season lol, and killed it. This performance was perfect. Anna looked gorgeous in that red dress and the arrangement was so beautiful. It truly allowed her to capitalize on the emotion of the song, which is her strength. There was also a part in the performance where she did some belting (I think that’s what it was, I’m no expert lol) and I have never heard her sound stronger. This performance is what truly showed her vast improvement and the fact that she did it all with a country song is what really introduced the idea of her being “genreless.” Also, this performance got Queen Gih’s approval with her ICONIC head nod near Anna’s slayage moment. 🤩 Anna was not chosen as the winner, which is understandable since Gihanna gave another amazing performance (which I’ll talk about in detail whenever she is ranked), but Blake stole her (thank goodness) and she moved on to the lives. In the Playoffs, Anna gave my favorite performance of hers and to think that this was one of her first live performances is just crazy. :haha: Anna sang “Let Her Go” (or should I say “Let HIM Go”) and did amazing once again! Simply put, this was one of the best performances of the night. Anna’s outfit was gorgeous (the stylists did her justice, that’s for sure!) This performance is one of the few that trapped me in a whole emotional vibe throughout the whole thing (and still does lol.) I was entranced by her vocal choices, which she executed perfectly, despite facing many doubters that said she wasn’t going to do well live (ah, wrong once again… :giggle:) Anna mentioned in an interview that Kelly said something encouraging to her right before she performed and that that made her feel more comfortable on the stage. That was so sweet to hear and just proves once again that Kelly is one of the best coaches in the show’s history. Blake said some nice things too, which apparently to some people on here indicated that she was going to get Blake’s save. :huh: I didn’t get my hopes up and thank goodness I didn’t, because I would have been really disappointed the following night when she not only did not receive Blake’s save, but could not even secure a spot in the Instant Save. :( This was upsetting, especially after her amazing performance, but at the same time, the entirety of Team Blake did amazing on Playoffs performance night, so there really was no wrong choice. Anna would have sung “Don’t Know Why” by Norah Jones for her Instant Save song, which she would have slayed (fun fact: her original clue was “I don’t know why this contestant was eliminated that night” in reference to this.) Also, what’s really funny is that when I saw her flawless results show outfit, I predicted that she would sing “Don’t Know Why” in the Instant Save and I was right, except she didn’t actually get to sing it… What really hurts though is that Anna was going to sing the worship song “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)” in the Semis, which was a HIGHLY requested song in her fan thread (yeah, it still hurts…) Even though Anna’s Voice journey ended a bit too early for my liking, I am still proud of how far she’s come since her audition. She improved so much over the course of the competition and I think that is evident in the reception of her performances on IDF. Anna also seems like a really fun person in general, and would probably fit right in with all the passionate singing competition fans on here. I am so excited to see what avenues she will take with her post show career, since she really is genreless (yes, I have to rub the clue reasoning into  everyone’s faces once again :yes:)
Clue: Sometimes less is more. (a reference to the term “genreLESS,” which I, and she, used in an interview to describe her “genre.” The “more” part comes from the fact that being genreless actually allowed her to explore more genres on the show than a person with a clearly defined musical genre.) 

 

 

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clue for #4 once everyone has gotten a chance to view this write-up and respond.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#5 Posted!!!!)
9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

At this point I´m thinking:

1. Gihanna

2. Cam

3. Carolina

4. Rachel

It will be interesting to see how/if that changes when the clue is released . 🤔 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5. I was honestly shocked about my opinion of Anna Grace at the end of the season. If someone told me how much I would like her after I saw her audition, I would laugh To start, singers like Anna Grace aren’t typically my cup of tea, as her style is very laidback. On top of that, I was underwhelmed by her audition as she got 4 chairs which I usually have higher expectations for, and she didn’t live up to expectations. Her battle was also just okay. However, her Knockout is where I started to really like her. I realized that Anna Grace really excels at emoting, and this performance made me feel something from her, unlike her first two performances. She was also paired against Gihanna, who had a similar run to Anna Grace in terms of the quality of her performances, except Gihanna lasted an extra round. I’ll get more to Gihanna when she is ranked. Anna ended up being a deserving steal, and really managed to keep up with Gihanna here. I did not know how she would do on playoffs, especially knowing that Blake steals, especially when they are female, are usually playoff fodder. However, Anna Grace really delivered this round, as it was very similar to her Knockout in quality, and ended up being one of the best performances of the night. However, she happened to be on Team Blake, which was very stacked, and Blake saved his Jordan, an original member that also had his best performance in the competition (I thought they were normal). She ended up losing the WC spot to Pete, who delivered an interesting performance to say the least. Anna was also the only contestant instantly eliminated that gave a good performance (and I thought she was great). Anna Grace left on a really good note, and never declined in quality of performances, unlike most singers on this show. I would have put her in the Top 9 based on this week. Anna Grace is similar to Ryleigh genrewise, the other singer I would have put in T9, but just like BK, I preferred Anna Grace overall. She is one of the contestants that surprised me the most in how much I liked her, as I did not expect her to improve from her audition, which I didn’t like that much. I would have her around this placement, something I would have never expected.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

#5. Anna Grace (Team Kelly -> Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-ANNA-GRACE-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=340&imdensity=1
Wow, time really does fly by. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was working on JD’s write-up and now I’m already working on the first member of my Top 5! 😮 Kicking off my Top 5 is the genreless queen Anna Grace, who is the last four chair turn to be ranked and the last Knockout steal to be ranked. Anna was someone that I loved pre-season. She had a ton of amazing Instagram covers that gave us a taste of her voice, which I immediately fell in love with. Her voice reminded me of a mix between Julia and Cami’s, two contestants that placed in my Top 5 last season. The one thing that really separates Anna from those two, and Ryleigh, an indie pop girl from this season, is that she is practically genreless (this is what the clue referred to. 😉) The genre of a song does not matter and she does not excel or do poorly with a specific genre. She excels when she is given a song that she can connect to and insert her own emotions into. We got a great taste of this during her run on the show and while some people might have been disappointed by her run on the show, I absolutely loved it. I think a big issue with Anna was that she was constantly getting hyped up on here (I think her fan thread had the most fans before the season started), so when she didn’t deliver as people expected her to, everyone kind of just threw her to the curb :( (I’m telling you, some people on here really need to be loyal to their favs because it pays off-) Anna sang Billie Eilish’s “my future” for her audition and did a solid job with it. Was it my favorite rendition of the song? No, but it was still a good performance. Anna was really solid in the slower parts of the song, which really allowed her to show off the beautiful qualities of her voice. The tempo change is what caused things to get a bit shaky though. The runs were a bit shaky, but overall, the execution was still solid. This wasn’t Anna’s best and I think she knew that, but I loved her mindset. She was open to the (constructive) criticism and was happy that the coaches believed in her, which is a good mindset to have (I hope she wasn’t too upset by IDF’s comments *flashbacks to that iconic picture of the IDF tab on her computer* :giggle:) My issue is when these people say she didn’t deserve four chairs when we all know that they wouldn’t even make it past the initial casting call if they tried to audition (sorry, but I had to say it… #endofrant) Anyway, I forgot to mention that Anna is a Brynn stan too, so she was bound to at least make my Top 10 after that. 👀 We were also introduced to her touching story (which they proceeded to mention in every pre-performance package…), which just made me fall in love with her even more. Anna went with Kelly, which I would say was a good choice because she already seemed invested and interested in helping Anna grow on the show. Anna was paired with Ainae in the Battles (an odd pairing lol) and they sang an Amy Winehouse song, which was the complete opposite of Anna’s blind. I was interested in seeing how Anna would tackle this song and to summarize my thoughts, she slayed. The improvement from her blind was evident in her vocals and stage presence. This battle has been on repeat ever since Ainae’s write-up motivated me to get back into watching it. 🤪 This is an unpopular preference on here, but I preferred Anna. Her parts and vocal choices intrigued me more and are part of the reason why I loved the battle so much! Anna’s outfit was so fun too. It was perfect for her and suited the vibe of the song well. Plus, the color was so cute. :haha: Like I mentioned before, Anna’s improvement from her blind to her battle was tremendous. She maneuvered the stage with so much confidence and all the runs and tricks she did with her voice were executed perfectly. This performance really made me consider Anna as a contender for my Top 5 (yes, I think about these things that early lol) and I was honestly surprised to see that not too many on here were into it (oh how that changed the round after :giggle:) The homecoming queen and Kelly agreed with me and chose Anna, and Ainae ended up going home, which I was a bit upset by, especially since all they needed to do was re-film the scene… Anyway (all my thoughts on *that* are in Ainae’s write-up), Anna moved on to the Knockouts and this is where she really started to impress people. Anna sang “If I Die Young,” a country song, which her fan thread had been begging for pre-season lol, and killed it. This performance was perfect. Anna looked gorgeous in that red dress and the arrangement was so beautiful. It truly allowed her to capitalize on the emotion of the song, which is her strength. There was also a part in the performance where she did some belting (I think that’s what it was, I’m no expert lol) and I have never heard her sound stronger. This performance is what truly showed her vast improvement and the fact that she did it all with a country song is what really introduced the idea of her being “genreless.” Also, this performance got Queen Gih’s approval with her ICONIC head nod near Anna’s slayage moment. 🤩 Anna was not chosen as the winner, which is understandable since Gihanna gave another amazing performance (which I’ll talk about in detail whenever she is ranked), but Blake stole her (thank goodness) and she moved on to the lives. In the Playoffs, Anna gave my favorite performance of hers and to think that this was one of her first live performances is just crazy. :haha: Anna sang “Let Her Go” (or should I say “Let HIM Go”) and did amazing once again! Simply put, this was one of the best performances of the night. Anna’s outfit was gorgeous (the stylists did her justice, that’s for sure!) This performance is one of the few that trapped me in a whole emotional vibe throughout the whole thing (and still does lol.) I was entranced by her vocal choices, which she executed perfectly, despite facing many doubters that said she wasn’t going to do well live (ah, wrong once again… :giggle:) Anna mentioned in an interview that Kelly said something encouraging to her right before she performed and that that made her feel more comfortable on the stage. That was so sweet to hear and just proves once again that Kelly is one of the best coaches in the show’s history. Blake said some nice things too, which apparently to some people on here indicated that she was going to get Blake’s save. :huh: I didn’t get my hopes up and thank goodness I didn’t, because I would have been really disappointed the following night when she not only did not receive Blake’s save, but could not even secure a spot in the Instant Save. :( This was upsetting, especially after her amazing performance, but at the same time, the entirety of Team Blake did amazing on Playoffs performance night, so there really was no wrong choice. Anna would have sung “Don’t Know Why” by Norah Jones for her Instant Save song, which she would have slayed (fun fact: her original clue was “I don’t know why this contestant was eliminated that night” in reference to this.) Also, what’s really funny is that when I saw her flawless results show outfit, I predicted that she would sing “Don’t Know Why” in the Instant Save and I was right, except she didn’t actually get to sing it… What really hurts though is that Anna was going to sing the worship song “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)” in the Semis, which was a HIGHLY requested song in her fan thread (yeah, it still hurts…) Even though Anna’s Voice journey ended a bit too early for my liking, I am still proud of how far she’s come since her audition. She improved so much over the course of the competition and I think that is evident in the reception of her performances on IDF. Anna also seems like a really fun person in general, and would probably fit right in with all the passionate singing competition fans on here. I am so excited to see what avenues she will take with her post show career, since she really is genreless (yes, I have to rub the clue reasoning into  everyone’s faces once again :yes:)
Clue: Sometimes less is more. (a reference to the term “genreLESS,” which I, and she, used in an interview to describe her “genre.” The “more” part comes from the fact that being genreless actually allowed her to explore more genres on the show than a person with a clearly defined musical genre.) 

 

 

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clue for #4 once everyone has gotten a chance to view this write-up and respond.

I love this placement for her. ❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

5. I was honestly shocked about my opinion of Anna Grace at the end of the season. If someone told me how much I would like her after I saw her audition, I would laugh To start, singers like Anna Grace aren’t typically my cup of tea, as her style is very laidback. On top of that, I was underwhelmed by her audition as she got 4 chairs which I usually have higher expectations for, and she didn’t live up to expectations. Her battle was also just okay. However, her Knockout is where I started to really like her. I realized that Anna Grace really excels at emoting, and this performance made me feel something from her, unlike her first two performances. She was also paired against Gihanna, who had a similar run to Anna Grace in terms of the quality of her performances, except Gihanna lasted an extra round. I’ll get more to Gihanna when she is ranked. Anna ended up being a deserving steal, and really managed to keep up with Gihanna here. I did not know how she would do on playoffs, especially knowing that Blake steals, especially when they are female, are usually playoff fodder. However, Anna Grace really delivered this round, as it was very similar to her Knockout in quality, and ended up being one of the best performances of the night. However, she happened to be on Team Blake, which was very stacked, and Blake saved his Jordan, an original member that also had his best performance in the competition (I thought they were normal). She ended up losing the WC spot to Pete, who delivered an interesting performance to say the least. Anna was also the only contestant instantly eliminated that gave a good performance (and I thought she was great). Anna Grace left on a really good note, and never declined in quality of performances, unlike most singers on this show. I would have put her in the Top 9 based on this week. Anna Grace is similar to Ryleigh genrewise, the other singer I would have put in T9, but just like BK, I preferred Anna Grace overall. She is one of the contestants that surprised me the most in how much I liked her, as I did not expect her to improve from her audition, which I didn’t like that much. I would have her around this placement, something I would have never expected.

All great points! She really did get better in every round of the competition. 😊 I would have definitely had her in the Top 9. I think I prefer her to Ryleigh because of her vocal choices and versatility. Both are great though and deserved to make Top 9. 🤗 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's more likely that Cam is above Rachel because BK voted against Rachel and for Cam in one of the games, though it was on a performance-by-performance basis. I'll predict

 

1. Gihanna Zoë (BK interacting with her on instagram will help him decide this one, since the top 2 are tight)

2. Cam Anthony

3. Carolina Rial

4. Rachel Mac

5. Anna Grace

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

#5. Anna Grace (Team Kelly -> Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-ANNA-GRACE-450X450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=340&imdensity=1
Wow, time really does fly by. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was working on JD’s write-up and now I’m already working on the first member of my Top 5! 😮 Kicking off my Top 5 is the genreless queen Anna Grace, who is the last four chair turn to be ranked and the last Knockout steal to be ranked. Anna was someone that I loved pre-season. She had a ton of amazing Instagram covers that gave us a taste of her voice, which I immediately fell in love with. Her voice reminded me of a mix between Julia and Cami’s, two contestants that placed in my Top 5 last season. The one thing that really separates Anna from those two, and Ryleigh, an indie pop girl from this season, is that she is practically genreless (this is what the clue referred to. 😉) The genre of a song does not matter and she does not excel or do poorly with a specific genre. She excels when she is given a song that she can connect to and insert her own emotions into. We got a great taste of this during her run on the show and while some people might have been disappointed by her run on the show, I absolutely loved it. I think a big issue with Anna was that she was constantly getting hyped up on here (I think her fan thread had the most fans before the season started), so when she didn’t deliver as people expected her to, everyone kind of just threw her to the curb :( (I’m telling you, some people on here really need to be loyal to their favs because it pays off-) Anna sang Billie Eilish’s “my future” for her audition and did a solid job with it. Was it my favorite rendition of the song? No, but it was still a good performance. Anna was really solid in the slower parts of the song, which really allowed her to show off the beautiful qualities of her voice. The tempo change is what caused things to get a bit shaky though. The runs were a bit shaky, but overall, the execution was still solid. This wasn’t Anna’s best and I think she knew that, but I loved her mindset. She was open to the (constructive) criticism and was happy that the coaches believed in her, which is a good mindset to have (I hope she wasn’t too upset by IDF’s comments *flashbacks to that iconic picture of the IDF tab on her computer* :giggle:) My issue is when these people say she didn’t deserve four chairs when we all know that they wouldn’t even make it past the initial casting call if they tried to audition (sorry, but I had to say it… #endofrant) Anyway, I forgot to mention that Anna is a Brynn stan too, so she was bound to at least make my Top 10 after that. 👀 We were also introduced to her touching story (which they proceeded to mention in every pre-performance package…), which just made me fall in love with her even more. Anna went with Kelly, which I would say was a good choice because she already seemed invested and interested in helping Anna grow on the show. Anna was paired with Ainae in the Battles (an odd pairing lol) and they sang an Amy Winehouse song, which was the complete opposite of Anna’s blind. I was interested in seeing how Anna would tackle this song and to summarize my thoughts, she slayed. The improvement from her blind was evident in her vocals and stage presence. This battle has been on repeat ever since Ainae’s write-up motivated me to get back into watching it. 🤪 This is an unpopular preference on here, but I preferred Anna. Her parts and vocal choices intrigued me more and are part of the reason why I loved the battle so much! Anna’s outfit was so fun too. It was perfect for her and suited the vibe of the song well. Plus, the color was so cute. :haha: Like I mentioned before, Anna’s improvement from her blind to her battle was tremendous. She maneuvered the stage with so much confidence and all the runs and tricks she did with her voice were executed perfectly. This performance really made me consider Anna as a contender for my Top 5 (yes, I think about these things that early lol) and I was honestly surprised to see that not too many on here were into it (oh how that changed the round after :giggle:) The homecoming queen and Kelly agreed with me and chose Anna, and Ainae ended up going home, which I was a bit upset by, especially since all they needed to do was re-film the scene… Anyway (all my thoughts on *that* are in Ainae’s write-up), Anna moved on to the Knockouts and this is where she really started to impress people. Anna sang “If I Die Young,” a country song, which her fan thread had been begging for pre-season lol, and killed it. This performance was perfect. Anna looked gorgeous in that red dress and the arrangement was so beautiful. It truly allowed her to capitalize on the emotion of the song, which is her strength. There was also a part in the performance where she did some belting (I think that’s what it was, I’m no expert lol) and I have never heard her sound stronger. This performance is what truly showed her vast improvement and the fact that she did it all with a country song is what really introduced the idea of her being “genreless.” Also, this performance got Queen Gih’s approval with her ICONIC head nod near Anna’s slayage moment. 🤩 Anna was not chosen as the winner, which is understandable since Gihanna gave another amazing performance (which I’ll talk about in detail whenever she is ranked), but Blake stole her (thank goodness) and she moved on to the lives. In the Playoffs, Anna gave my favorite performance of hers and to think that this was one of her first live performances is just crazy. :haha: Anna sang “Let Her Go” (or should I say “Let HIM Go”) and did amazing once again! Simply put, this was one of the best performances of the night. Anna’s outfit was gorgeous (the stylists did her justice, that’s for sure!) This performance is one of the few that trapped me in a whole emotional vibe throughout the whole thing (and still does lol.) I was entranced by her vocal choices, which she executed perfectly, despite facing many doubters that said she wasn’t going to do well live (ah, wrong once again… :giggle:) Anna mentioned in an interview that Kelly said something encouraging to her right before she performed and that that made her feel more comfortable on the stage. That was so sweet to hear and just proves once again that Kelly is one of the best coaches in the show’s history. Blake said some nice things too, which apparently to some people on here indicated that she was going to get Blake’s save. :huh: I didn’t get my hopes up and thank goodness I didn’t, because I would have been really disappointed the following night when she not only did not receive Blake’s save, but could not even secure a spot in the Instant Save. :( This was upsetting, especially after her amazing performance, but at the same time, the entirety of Team Blake did amazing on Playoffs performance night, so there really was no wrong choice. Anna would have sung “Don’t Know Why” by Norah Jones for her Instant Save song, which she would have slayed (fun fact: her original clue was “I don’t know why this contestant was eliminated that night” in reference to this.) Also, what’s really funny is that when I saw her flawless results show outfit, I predicted that she would sing “Don’t Know Why” in the Instant Save and I was right, except she didn’t actually get to sing it… What really hurts though is that Anna was going to sing the worship song “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)” in the Semis, which was a HIGHLY requested song in her fan thread (yeah, it still hurts…) Even though Anna’s Voice journey ended a bit too early for my liking, I am still proud of how far she’s come since her audition. She improved so much over the course of the competition and I think that is evident in the reception of her performances on IDF. Anna also seems like a really fun person in general, and would probably fit right in with all the passionate singing competition fans on here. I am so excited to see what avenues she will take with her post show career, since she really is genreless (yes, I have to rub the clue reasoning into  everyone’s faces once again :yes:)
Clue: Sometimes less is more. (a reference to the term “genreLESS,” which I, and she, used in an interview to describe her “genre.” The “more” part comes from the fact that being genreless actually allowed her to explore more genres on the show than a person with a clearly defined musical genre.) 

 

 

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clue for #4 once everyone has gotten a chance to view this write-up and respond.

I have very similar thoughts to you on Anna:

- I thought her blind was a bit messy.

- I thought her battle was good! I thought she deserved her win over Ainae.

- I thought her KO was excellent!

- I thought her PO was her best performance; there were no runs that felt out of place like in her previous performances (really there was only one extra frill in her KO performance to me, but that breaks the tie b/w the two for me).

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Clue: Sometimes less is more. (a reference to the term “genreLESS,” which I, and she, used in an interview to describe her “genre.” The “more” part comes from the fact that being genreless actually allowed her to explore more genres on the show than a person with a clearly defined musical genre.) 

Why was this clue lowkey genius? 🤣🤣
Nobody got the reason right, ahah.  

I think Anna is such a creative vocalist with hella interesting runs and a cool approach to her voice. That creativity definitely factors in and fosters that genreless quality. 
 

But because of that and because Billie Eilish is one of her favourite artists, I don’t think My Future was the best for her. Some of the runs she did were very creative and definitely unique to her. But there were also moments where it felt like imitation of style to me. (Some of the flips and holding vibrato) But because her and Billie have different approaches to their voices, the imitation didn’t work smoothly.
I think doing a song by someone she listens to a lot could have hindered her ability to be creative and change things up in a way that suited her and the song both. 
 

But other than that, Anna delivered us flawless vocals every time and I felt really involved in her performances. She has a tone that makes you listen because it cuts through all the noise. 🎶🖤

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I think it's more likely that Cam is above Rachel because BK voted against Rachel and for Cam in one of the games, though it was on a performance-by-performance basis. I'll predict

 

1. Gihanna Zoë (BK interacting with her on instagram will help him decide this one, since the top 2 are tight)

2. Cam Anthony

3. Carolina Rial

4. Rachel Mac

5. Anna Grace

I voted for both during the finale though. 🙃 

 

We’ll see… 🤔 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...