Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)

Bk1234

Your writeup for Corey.... ❤️❤️❤️ Glad he's your 2nd best male this season.

Glad you enjoyed his prelives run. I do think his blind is really underrated, I think he gave DOMO a new flavor with his performance. It's a more assertive version than Calum's cover, but still very vulnerable. There's a couple of moments in his blind (the "on my own..."s specifically) where he modulated his notes and it sounds so dope. DOMO is actually my third favorite performance from him this season, only behind Already Gone (an all-timer KO if you ask me) and Lose You to Love Me (I still can't believe he got IS with that song).

As for "Arcade", I remember you being one of the few people who wasn't as harsh on it as the rest of IDF was, and at that time I appreciated that note of positivity, so thank you for that. I think that if Corey didn't exhaust all his resources on that group performance with Cam and Kenzie, he wouldn't have run out of steam for Arcade, especially since he was sick at that time and wasn't in top condition. I do see your point about the song being very range-y but also fast at the same time, which isn't really a good combination for Corey because his voice excels on slower songs where he can gradually build up to glory notes without running out of breath. I still love his studio version of it at least, and I'm glad he got to do something upbeat and with a little more personality on the Voice stage.

Random fun fact: Duncan Laurence, the original artist behind Arcade, was also an alumni of The Voice of Holland, the originator of the whole Voice franchise. He was also a semifinalist on his season, has a female coach, and his exit song also happens to be Iris, just like Corey. At this rate, should we be expecting Corey to suddenly make an appearance on the American Song Contest next year? Only time will tell. 

Edited by Teraginn
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Harmat said:

Lindsay’s writeup is officially my favourite writeup from you. Sorry to reveal that you will never be able to top this.🖤👏🏽

These comments made me laugh so much, but I low-key wanted to cry because your frustration is so relatable. 🤣😭🤣😭

What a robbed queen. 👑🌟

As for final predictions, here’s mine: 

5. Anna

4. Rachel 

3. Carolina

2. Gih

1. Cam
I keep going back and forth for Cam and Gih, hmm 🤔because I have a strong feeling you have a hard time choosing between them. (Watch this be a flop prediction... :ph34rwave:) I ended up going with Cam because he had more performances and his win was a satisfying end to his run. Those factors might push him over the edge. 

That one was definitely the most fun to write. :haha: 

We’ll see. Carter wasn’t able to top Cami last season. 👀 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

Your writeup for Corey.... ❤️❤️❤️ Glad he's your 2nd best male this season.

Glad you enjoyed his prelives run. I do think his blind is really underrated, I think he gave DOMO a new flavor with his performance. It's a more assertive version than Calum's cover, but still very vulnerable. There's a couple of moments in his blind (the "on my own..."s specifically) where he modulated his notes and it sounds so dope. DOMO is actually my third favorite performance from him this season, only behind Already Gone (an all-timer KO if you ask me) and Lose You to Love Me (I still can't believe he got IS with that song).

As for "Arcade", I remember you being one of the few people who wasn't as harsh on it as the rest of IDF was, and at that time I appreciated that note of positivity, so thank you for that. I think that if Corey didn't exhaust all his resources on that group performance with Cam and Kenzie, he wouldn't have run out of steam for Arcade, especially since he was sick at that time and wasn't in top condition. I do see your point about the song being very range-y but also fast at the same time, which isn't really a good combination for Corey because his voice excels on slower songs where he can gradually build up to glory notes without running out of breath. I still love his studio version of it at least, and I'm glad he got to do something upbeat and with a little more personality on the Voice stage.

Random fun fact: Duncan Laurence, the original artist behind Arcade, was also an alumni of The Voice of Holland, the originator of the whole Voice franchise. He was also a semifinalist on his season, has a female coach, and his exit song also happens to be Iris, just like Corey. At this rate, should we be expecting Corey to suddenly make an appearance on the American Song Contest next year? Only time will tell. 

Deserved. It’s hard to beat the emotion he conveyed in his performances. ❤️

I agree! It’s behind those two for me as well. It was definitely one of my favorite performances from the premiere. 

That’s a good point. He killed it in that group performance! To be honest though, the format wasn’t in Corey’s favor to begin with. No one was beating Kenzie for that PV slot, so he was guaranteed to be in that IS, no matter how well he did. I think he mentioned that his cough was stress-induced, so I hope he’s doing better now. ❤️

That’s interesting. 😮 I hope I’ll be hearing Corey’s songs on mainstream radio in the future! 🥺🤞

• Like 1

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (Clue For #5 Posted!!!!)
11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Here’s the clue for #5…

-Sometimes less is more.

For some weird reason- I've thought of Cam on this one. I felt like some loved his simplistic but excellent performances (ISHTSGTY, Lay Me Down, etc.) more than his knockout, on which he did it all (Feeling Good). Idk though I can't see him being this low, who knows? 🧐

or maybe Anna? Since out of the top 5 she had the most not-big-vocal of a performance (but still very gorgeous, mind you ;))? 

17 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Here’s the clue for #5…

-Sometimes less is more.

Can go either way

Carolina - She used to do a lot

Anna - She used to not oversing the song.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

4 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

For some weird reason- I've thought of Cam on this one. I felt like some loved his simplistic but excellent performances (ISHTSGTY, Lay Me Down, etc.) more than his knockout, on which he did it all (Feeling Good). Idk though I can't see him being this low, who knows? 🧐

I at first flight it was Cam too but for the exact oppsoite reason.

He did a lot of runs on ISHTSGTY but then I realized it was BK's second favorite performance of the night, so...

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I at first flight it was Cam too but for the exact oppsoite reason.

He did a lot of runs on ISHTSGTY but then I realized it was BK's second favorite performance of the night, so...

Maybe, it’s him. 👀 How would that second favorite of the night performance compare to everyone’s else’s overall? 🤔 

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I guess I did a good job at making it vague then :haha:

That's not a good clue, though. It should be hard to crack in a way that is a hard info to find but not literally applying to everyone left.

35 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Here’s the clue for #5…

-Sometimes less is more.

I think it's between Anna and Carolina. The clue doesn't really fit Gihanna or Rachel and I don't think Cam would be this low. 

Anna - Her more simplistic performances (KO, PO) were much better-received than her other ones

Carolina - She got some criticism for oversinging from IDF.

I'm leaning towards Anna, just because I think Bk would have Carolina higher, but I think it's a toss-up.

Just now, colemanftw said:

That's not a good clue, though. It should be hard to crack in a way that is a hard info to find but not literally applying to everyone left.

Maybe you guys are looking at it the wrong way :stud:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think it's between Anna and Carolina. The clue doesn't really fit Gihanna or Rachel and I don't think Cam would be this low. 

Anna - Her more simplistic performances (KO, PO) were much better-received than her other ones

Carolina - She got some criticism for oversinging from IDF.

I'm leaning towards Anna, just because I think Bk would have Carolina higher, but I think it's a toss-up.

Both are two queens. :wub: Let’s see who gets ranked first…

Just now, AliXRose said:

Anna Grace cause she went by Anna Grace instead of Anna Grace Felten as we thought pre-season ?

Lmao I don't know at this point 👀

Ooh, that’s some interesting reasoning. ^_^

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)