Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)

Bk1234

Amazing write-ups as usual, the clues screwed me over this time lol. Pretty fair placements imo, I would've ranked someone though on my top 5 👀 

I'm actually surprised you ranked Dana this high, considering your tastes or something, but glad you did. 

Cannot wait for your next write-up, and yay for the top 5 of yours! all are my faves LOL

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

So, your top 5 are

Gihanna Zoë

Carolina Rial

Rachel Mac

Anna Grace Felten

Cam Anthony

interesting 👀 did not expect to see both Carolina and Gih on your top 5 LOL

Yep. :wub: 

2 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Ya know it ;) most memorable moment on my pretty boring life so far 💀

glad you loved Pia's outfit that time, I, meanwhile, was so stressed about it jk 😂

It was so cool (and ironic) to see them honoring an IDF user’s artwork. :haha:

Yeah lol. Your artwork for her IS performance was still good too though. ❤️

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Amazing write-ups as usual, the clues screwed me over this time lol. Pretty fair placements imo, I would've ranked someone though on my top 5 👀 

I'm actually surprised you ranked Dana this high, considering your tastes or something, but glad you did. 

Cannot wait for your next write-up, and yay for the top 5 of yours! all are my faves LOL

Ooh, probably Corey. 👀 I probably have him lower than most on here. 

I never got to really show my love for Dana because she was always thrown up against Rachel, who I preferred. That’s what sucks about the format… 😩 She slayed every time she got on that stage though. 😊

I’m glad you’re content with the Top 5. :wub:

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

was so cool (and ironic) to see them honoring an IDF user’s artwork. :haha:

Yeah it's weird considering many of them were not fond of IDF 💀

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Ooh, probably Corey. 👀 

If You Say So GIF by ALLBLK (formerly known as UMC)

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I never got to really show my love for Dana because she was always thrown up against Rachel, who I preferred. That’s what sucks about the format… 😩 She slayed every time she got on that stage though. 😊

I can relate with that one, felt the same about 2 certain artists who are on my top 10 this season LOL

• Like 1

Just now, sydneysam said:

I can relate with that one, felt the same about 2 certain artists who are on my top 10 this season LOL

That was also me with Corey. I felt that I could never support him because I was always rooting for #GihForPV

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 8:16 AM, Bk1234 said:

Rankings (by team):

This is just a placeholder for now (the bolded names are in alphabetical order.)

Team Kelly:

Gihanna Zoë

Corey Ward

Zae Romeo

Avery Roberson

Savanna Woods
Kenzie Wheeler

Ainae

Halley Greg

JD Casper

Team Legend:

Carolina Rial

Ryleigh Modig

Pia Renee

Zania Alaké

Victor Solomon

Rio Doyle

Gean Garcia 

Deion Warren
Ciana Pelekai
Durell Anthony

Denisha Dalton

Christine Cain

Team Nick

Rachel Mac

Lindsay Joan

Dana Monique

Keegan Ferrell

Jose Figueroa Jr.

Raine Stern

Bradley Sinclair

Andrew Marshall

Awari

Devan Blake Jones

Team Blake:

Anna Grace

Cam Anthony

Jordan Matthew Young

Emma Caroline

Savanna Chestnut

Pete Mroz

Ethan Lively

Aaron Konzelman

Connor Christian

Also, it’s now official… my Team Kelly favorite is Gihanna, my Team Legend favorite is Carolina, and my Team Nick favorite is Rachel. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10. Corey was one of my favorite contestants this season. His pre-lives were amazing, as his Audition was in

my Top 5 of the season, and his Knockout was a big moment (probably my second favorite of the round) and my favorite of his. He also had a great battle with Savanna. I thought Bruises was good, but not as good as his prelives. His IS was also killer, and I was wanted him to win. This performance allowed him to have a great Live performance. Arcade was his weakest and Iris was disappointing (didn’t like some of the choices). His Lives not being as good as his prelives did not bother me that much due to the short season. Regardless, he was one of my favorite artists of the season (the best alternative guy since Noah Mac) and I love his tone. He would probably be 2nd for me.

9. Dana was basically flawless from Auditions to Playoffs. Her Audition was really good, her battle was great, her knockout was great and her playoff was probably my favorite of the round and my favorite of her performances. Her semis were easily her worst, but I would have still put her in Finale. She’s certainly in my Top 4

8. Pia was one of my least favorites in Top 9 based on body of work, but I still like her. Her audition was decent and her battle was not that good, but her partner was really bad. Her Knockout was the best of her performances by far, and was her only moment (she reminded me of Whitney). Her playoff was okay, I preferred Ryleigh a lot more. Her Top 9 was good and one of the better performances of the round, but her IS was bad. I’d probably have her barely outside of my T10 because a lot of contestants impressed me twice (especially Corey and Dana) but props to her for giving decent performances in Lives.

7. I know that your placement of Lindsay was limited due to her short run on the show. Her audition was really good and her battle was too short, but she deserved a steal or save (I found some of the steals and saves this season questionable). I think she could have made Top 17 for me. I would probably place her in my Top 20 but not Top 10 because of her short run (and I wouldn’t call her performances one of my favorites of the round). 
6. Ryleigh would be in this set for me. Her audition was decent but not too memorable. Her battle was really good, and one of the few I really enjoyed this season. I thought her Knockout was good, but I preferred Corey by a lot. Her playoff is basically why she is in my Top 10. I thought it was a really good performance, and it should have gotten her the PV on Team John, which I was actually expecting for a bit. Unfortunately, she got in the WC and I would have wanted her to win it if Corey wasn’t there because she gave easily my second favorite there. I was happy that Corey won, but I would have her in John’s T2 (which I considered easily the weakest team in Top 9).

This is where it really gets subjective because we are in the Top 10 and people are going to have different favorites. Fortunately, 2 of my Top 4 are still in and 4 of the people in your T5 are in my T10. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Genre wise I like Rachel, I’m more likely to buy her cs, and she improved a lot over the course of the season, but from a vocal/artist standpoint she was not better then Dana on any level 🤷‍♀️

On 5/31/2021 at 11:57 AM, QueenCami said:

I think it'll be:

1. Gihanna

2. Carolina

3. Cam

4. Lindsay

5. ??? Maybe Anna Grace

Yay I got most of the top 5 right (just in terms of who's in it)! I'm glad to see Rachel's in the Top 5, though I did expect to see the person in your profile picture to be in your top 5 :haha: 

I think it's fair to not place her there just because she was cut so early and they shortclipped her battle so we couldn't even hear the biggest note she hit.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Very surprised you had both Lindsay and Ryleigh off your  Top 5. And I knew you liked Rachel but I didn´t think you liked her that much.

I’m surprised that a lot of people didn’t expect Rachel to be in my Top 5 (maybe that means I haven’t been good enough of a fan… :shock:

12 minutes ago, Angeles said:

This Top 5 🥰

I had a feeling you’d be pleased with it. :wub:

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 5:16 AM, Bk1234 said:

Team Kelly:

Gihanna Zoë

Team Legend:

Carolina Rial

Team Nick

Rachel Mac

Lindsay Joan

Team Blake:

Anna Grace

Cam Anthony

I was cutting down the list of singers to see who would be my top 5, and I got down to a top 6 of Gihanna, Carolina, Rachel, Lindsay, Anna Grace, and Cam, so it's pretty clear to see that I'm very happy with your top 5! I would probably rank them as follows, but there would need to be more thought put into 2-6:

1. Gihanna

2. Rachel

3. Carolina

4. Cam?

5. Lindsay/Anna Grace

6. Anna Grace/Lindsay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

10. Corey was one of my favorite contestants this season. His pre-lives were amazing, as his Audition was in

my Top 5 of the season, and his Knockout was a big moment (probably my second favorite of the round) and my favorite of his. He also had a great battle with Savanna. I thought Bruises was good, but not as good as his prelives. His IS was also killer, and I was wanted him to win. This performance allowed him to have a great Live performance. Arcade was his weakest and Iris was disappointing (didn’t like some of the choices). His Lives not being as good as his prelives did not bother me that much due to the short season. Regardless, he was one of my favorite artists of the season (the best alternative guy since Noah Mac) and I love his tone. He would probably be 2nd for me.

9. Dana was basically flawless from Auditions to Playoffs. Her Audition was really good, her battle was great, her knockout was great and her playoff was probably my favorite of the round and my favorite of her performances. Her semis were easily her worst, but I would have still put her in Finale. She’s certainly in my Top 4

8. Pia was one of my least favorites in Top 9 based on body of work, but I still like her. Her audition was decent and her battle was not that good, but her partner was really bad. Her Knockout was the best of her performances by far, and was her only moment (she reminded me of Whitney). Her playoff was okay, I preferred Ryleigh a lot more. Her Top 9 was good and one of the better performances of the round, but her IS was bad. I’d probably have her barely outside of my T10 because a lot of contestants impressed me twice (especially Corey and Dana) but props to her for giving decent performances in Lives.

7. I know that your placement of Lindsay was limited due to her short run on the show. Her audition was really good and her battle was too short, but she deserved a steal or save (I found some of the steals and saves this season questionable). I think she could have made Top 17 for me. I would probably place her in my Top 20 but not Top 10 because of her short run (and I wouldn’t call her performances one of my favorites of the round). 
6. Ryleigh would be in this set for me. Her audition was decent but not too memorable. Her battle was really good, and one of the few I really enjoyed this season. I thought her Knockout was good, but I preferred Corey by a lot. Her playoff is basically why she is in my Top 10. I thought it was a really good performance, and it should have gotten her the PV on Team John, which I was actually expecting for a bit. Unfortunately, she got in the WC and I would have wanted her to win it if Corey wasn’t there because she gave easily my second favorite there. I was happy that Corey won, but I would have her in John’s T2 (which I considered easily the weakest team in Top 9).

This is where it really gets subjective because we are in the Top 10 and people are going to have different favorites. Fortunately, 2 of my Top 4 are still in and 4 of the people in your T5 are in my T10. 

10. That makes sense. I’m curious how he wound do on a longer season. 🤔 I agree that his pre-lives were great, while his live performances were a bit shaky, minus his phenomenal T17 IS performance. :wub:

9. That’s fair. She was one of the best vocalists this season. :yes:

8. I really liked her tone and her KO was flawless. ✨ I thought her and Ryleigh were both really good in the Playoffs. I agree that she had one of the better Semis performances. 
7. Yeah, she would have probably taken the number one spot had she made the lives. 😅 That’s a fair placement for the queen. :wub:

6. I pretty much agree with everything here except I really liked her audition. I would have LOVED to see a Ryleigh/Pia Team Legend Top 2. 😍

16 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Genre wise I like Rachel, I’m more likely to buy her cs, and she improved a lot over the course of the season, but from a vocal/artist standpoint she was not better then Dana on any level 🤷‍♀️

Office Space No GIF
Rachel’s tone is what really did it for me. I also preferred her genre and performance style. Rachel delivered great vocal performances and made me feel something with some, while Dana didn’t really get the opportunity to do the latter. 😢

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yay I got most of the top 5 right (just in terms of who's in it)! I'm glad to see Rachel's in the Top 5, though I did expect to see the person in your profile picture to be in your top 5 :haha: 

I think it's fair to not place her there just because she was cut so early and they shortclipped her battle so we couldn't even hear the biggest note she hit.

Rachel is a true underdog in this ranking too. :wub:

I really wish I could put Lindsay higher. 😢

3 minutes ago, Angeles said:

The order might be: 

Gihanna

Carolina

Cam

Rachel

Anna Grace 

We’ll see. 😮 

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So, your top 5 this season consists of :

Pop (Gihanna and Carolina)

Folk/pop (Rachel)

Pop/R&B (Cam)

Indie-pop (Anna Grace)

:P

Where did all the country go? :haha: I guess Rachel and Anna sang country songs though, so it’s kind of there. 😅

1 hour ago, Angeles said:

The order might be: 

Gihanna

Carolina

Cam

Rachel

Anna Grace 

I'll guess:

1. Gihanna

2. Carol

I was typing out my guess then I realized it's exactly the same as yours :haha:, I think this is most likely! Iconic list tbh.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I'll guess:

1. Gihanna

2. Carol

I was typing out my guess then I realized it's exactly the same as yours :haha:, I think this is most likely! Iconic list tbh.

Great minds think alike? 🤔 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angeles said:

The order might be: 

Gihanna

Carolina

Cam

Rachel

Anna Grace 

I actually think Cam will take the top spot 💀 I feel like Bk was a massive fan of him (based on Bk's instagram stories LMAO)

Cam

Gihanna

Rachel

Carolina

Anna Grace

Carolina & Anna are interchangeable, but I'm leaning towards more Anna Grace to be the 5th one, as Bk I think became more of a fan of Carolina than Anna

that being said, I wouldn't mind if my fan thread artist takes the crown though ;) jk 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

I actually think Cam will take the top spot 💀 I feel like Bk was a massive fan of him (based on Bk's instagram stories LMAO)

Cam

Gihanna

Rachel

Carolina

Anna Grace

Carolina & Anna are interchangeable, but I'm leaning towards more Anna Grace to be the 5th one, as Bk I think became more of a fan of Carolina than Anna

that being said, I wouldn't mind if my fan thread artist takes the crown though ;) jk 😂

We’ll see. 🤔 How much does Instagram matter in the grand scheme of things? 🧐 

Maybe Gih will take the crown… We’ll just have to wait and see. :giggle:

• Haha 1

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)