Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I love Xiomara's look and personality. But yeah, other than the Grace Jones picture her portfolio was sadly horrible.

I did not remember Catie that well going into this rewatch outside of her meltdown over her haircut. I'm pretty shocked by how main of a character she's been.

I think the most interesting is that in recap week Mercedes said that catie told like a secret that she could acting cry, i think too many of the meltdown was made for the show and they dont kick her ass from the show... 

21 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

I think the most interesting is that in recap week Mercedes said that catie told like a secret that she could acting cry, i think too many of the meltdown was made for the show and they dont kick her ass from the show... 

Lol yeah I've definitely wondered how much of Catie is real. I feel like she wouldn't want to be known as "the girl who cries" though so why would she be playing it up. Who knows...

27 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lol yeah I've definitely wondered how much of Catie is real. I feel like she wouldn't want to be known as "the girl who cries" though so why would she be playing it up. Who knows...

I think that the thing most interesting when you see the cycles again is think what is real? Because the productors tell to the girls that if they dont do drama they are going to home.... 

Edited by Gonzalo

Cycle 2 - Episode 6 - The Girl Whose Lip Puffed Up

vWZou1H.png

Catie feels she is changing who she is for the judges.

i8dr1dO.png

I kinda love this trio of Sara, Mercedes, and April ❤️.

NVE8o7x.png

Omg yikes poor Camille with her lips getting all puffed up!

laqmfTk.png

April struggling with the judges not liking her personality (Mercedes saying she's gonna die of a heart attack at 27 :dead:)

E8Alq3p.png

Poor Camille having to do a beauty shot with those lips :dead:

jz6sDZK.png

Tasha Smith, star of many Tyler Perry projects, is the acting coach for the episode :giggle:

9FOFooA.png

Everyone sobbing at the blank pieces of paper and ripping it up :dead:

JD5Wrtm.png

jfNJLzw.png

"Everyone is crying. Oh...my...God"

MJ36VJq.png

CWrcwmG.png

La42CXU.png

InDvRXI.png

Tccg2oK.png

ICONIC :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

RLC8uZ6.png

Aprilbot memorizing the script in like 10 mins ❤️

Ls1RjTt.png

G3zTZxb.png

uaWQDD3.png

Tasha watching Camille make up her own lines is SENDING ME :dead:

TmOM3Ik.png

Aaaaaaand scene

3ReqfeG.png

Aprilbot has learned to emote and won ❤️

n9rexGY.png

Catie is very excited for another heights task!

ibI2Glo.png

Lol Sara reading her line sexily.

00K0FYZ.png

Lol the judges loving Yoanna mooning them when they #dragged Jennipfer the next cycle.

N8O6m83.png

"It looks like I have a bad wisdom tooth" -Janice

Vxdf9uU.png

Camille is now the first girl to survive the bottom two twice in a row :wub:

kRkUfYe.png

"I f*cking cut off all my hair for this sh*t!"

DNbOOMi.png

And then there were six...

Cast Ranking:

bgXKgOe.png

The first half of the episode was incredible. Acting challenges are always fun (mainly because the girls suck :wub:). But this one in particular was great with all the crying and everyone making fun of the horrific script. But Camille obviously stole the episode and my heart. She was a barrel of laughs all the way through. The second half of the episode wasn't as good, but it was still fun.

1. Camille - Easiest number one ever. Definitely my favorite episode for a girl yet this cycle. Camille's lips, Camille refusing to cry, Camille making up her own lines at the challenge. Camille is a f*cking star and she killed me this episode :dead:

2. April - I love the Aprilbot ❤️. She's just soooooo serious and overly prepared for everything ❤️. Aprilbot's attempt to show emotion is a really fun storyline.

3. Mercedes - Lowkey hilarious in the confessionals all episode.

4. Sara - Also lowkey hilarious in the confessionals all episode.

5. Yoanna - She reclaimed her bottom spot, but then she mooned the judges and I actually lol'd.

6. Shandi - Tbh probably should be last because she was invisible, but I don't have the heart to put her last.

7. Catie - I think Catie's storyline is over, I'm fine with her leaving here. She brought some drama and I appreciated her as Camille's only friend, but Camille can float on her own.

Photo & Commercial Ranking:

c5MMtUz.png

Same as last season, I do enjoy the B&W beauty shots. It really gives us the opportunity to see how the girls can do without all the theatrics Tyra usually provides in the photoshoots.

1. April - Stunning! One of my favorite beauty shots in ANTM history. She understands how to pose in a beauty shot which is really impressive. Her face is so soft and just gorgeous. I can't rave enough about it.

2. Yoanna - I mean, obviously. Yoanna's face was made for beauty modeling. It's unfortunate for her that she had to compete against April, but this is still a great shot.

3. Shandi - I was surprised I ranked this so low in the ANTM game originally. I actually like the simplicity of the shot. Shandi has such a unique look that simple works for her and still provides an interesting shot.

4. Catie - The judges called Camille's shot an actor's headshot, but this one absolutely looks like an actor's headshot to me. A good actor's headshot though!

5. Mercedes - I think she's trying a bit too hard with this shot. I think she needed to go more simple and relaxed, and then it could've been fierce.

6. Sara - I appreciate the risk Sara took, but I think it ended up being a mess. It's like a mother smooshing a baby's face. One of her weaker shots definitely.

7. Camille - It's so bad unfortunately. Camille's a gorgeous girl, but the picture is so unflattering. I'll blame some of it on the puffed up lips she had that day, she didn't know how to hide it.

The commercial actually seemed real, which is rare for ANTM standards. I'm used to them speaking in foreign languages or just doing things you'd never see in a real commercial. I mean it was cheesy, but so are real commercials. Unfortunately with the way they did it, we barely got to see how any of them could act lol.

1. April - She absolutely won the week. Her commercial was killer, she was made to be in front of the camera like this.

2. Mercedes - She managed to stand out with pretty basic lines because of her personality.

3. Catie - She seemed really comfortable and confident up there. While I'm content with her elimination, I'm not entirely sure it was deserved.

4. Yoanna - Average. Nothing great, nothing terrible.

5. Sara - I kinda forgot she was in the commercial at all.

6. Camille - Her line reading was pretty wooden and awkward.

7. Shandi - Lol she didn't believe a word of what she was saying.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 6)

Cycle 2 - Episode 7 - The Girl Who Is Dripping with Hypocrisy

UtKA0SC.png

Shandi and her boyfriend have been dating for two years and he's her best friend (I'm sure nothing will go wrong 🙂)

58XfCp3.png

Yoanna saying she would be devastated if April wins the competition because she doesn't ~want~ it enough, gurl worry about yourself!

KEHXL9n.png

Everyone #shook about Shandi killing the sexy dancing practice :wub:

35G4vSO.png

Okay but Shandi's cat :wub: We're stanning :wub:

elq1MKU.png

Oop Shandi pissed that Eric is going to the movies with another girl (even though she's married and has a kid because "people cheat" oooooooooop)

dEYi4qK.png

Shandi hitting it off with a hottie in the club ❤️. But she didn't do anything so she's sure her bf won't be upset at alllllllll ^_^

4DNRSrw.png

Plzzzzz not the dancer telling April he forgot all about her 🙈

Screen-Shot-2021-06-11-at-12-18-53-AM.png

April vs. Camille 2.0 :wub:

Screen-Shot-2021-06-11-at-12-19-46-AM.png

"You remember me now :kissbye:" Tell him April :wub:

s0oslbW.png

Yoanna and Mercedes making fun of April, bitches be jealous.

f2KRusL.png

"I just wanted to tell you another boy danced with me"

"DID HE TOUCH YOUR BUTT?!"

"No, he touched my hip 🙂"

vxxgp9L.png

"Obviously you told him you have a boyfriend"

"...uhh no I didn't :rolleyes:"

Shandi really thinks she did nothing wrong :dead:

1YTe5ak.png

Not Miss Shandi from Walgreens flirting with Kinetic from Wu Tang Clan WHAT IS HER LIFE :dead:

NMogGa7.png

Mama TyTy is ready to move into the world of "recording artist"!

SYAC8JN.png

April trying to knock Yoanna off the catwalk :wub:

XVVqABQ.png

Yoanna with the fall heard around the world

NwhaXK2.png

April is having her "Elyse" moment where she's realizing she's actually super invested and doesn't want to win just to say she won.

EnQPSKB.png

And now that this is her passion, April's having a whole ass meltdown over potentially getting eliminated ❤️

9bLoFpm.png

Janice comparing Yoanna to "a 1920's flapper flapping" :dead:

2Yznksw.png

"This is the hardest week for me 😭" Okay Miss Tyra with the crocodile tears

IKADhQP.png

I'm Camille watching this dramatic ass elimination :dead:

LvFaz4z.png

Sara earns the first Tyra elimination hug

mwb6Wn8.png

How is Sara still sexy as hell while she's sobbing???

6y1b7Xd.png

And then there were 5...

KkaoXhs.png

No we will not be doing commentary on the Shake Ya Booty music video 🙂

Edited by Alex95

Please note that Alex did not even mention Sara until she was eliminated. THIS IS WHY SHE WENT HOME. Everyone else was b r i n g i n g the content.

THE ABSOLUTE FORESHADOWING FOR THE ICONIC 🎷 MOMENT. Shandi, you in danger gurl

Cast Ranking:

COgYMq1.png

This was a total setup for the rest of the season (which turns godly). The season is coming to a close, but we've got the final storylines coming up. The culmination of Shandi's relationship with her boyfriend. Camille attempts to play nice. Aprilbot is malfunctioning she's so determined to win. We've got some amazing episodes ahead so this episode is pretty much just telling us to buckle up.

1. April - I'm just such an April stan that whenever she's the main character of the episode, I'm all in. I didn't remember her lowkey being the lategame secondary villain of the season as everyone starts to become annoyed with how crazy competitive she is :wub:. The Aprilbot is reaching her final form and I, for one, am beyond excited.

2. Shandi - Shandi is beginning to fly off the deep end ❤️. As exploitative as it is to watch her life begin to crumble, that's reality television at its peak baby. Shandi was almost completely in the wrong in all her arguments with her bf, but I could also feel the douchechills from a mile away coming from him.

3. Camille - Camille with the UTR episode :wub:. She still made it known she was the HBIC around these parts whenever we got her.

4. Sara - I don't think it's talked about enough how Sara is one of the sexiest girls in ANTM history. I don't think Sara's storyline ever fully developed. It was just episode after episode of her talking about her dad not approving of her modeling. While it was an interesting plotline, it never actually went anywhere, so she was just repeating the same things over and over again. She seems like a likable girl, but just not someone I'm particularly attached to.

5. Mercedes - She's proving to be a pretty fun narrator which is something I have not been giving her credit for.

6. Yoanna - Unfortunately with no Catie buffer, Yoanna must fall to last place. I'm kinda tired of her talking shit about superior girls, but I also know I'm hypocritical because if it was girls I don't like I wouldn't care lol.

Music Video Ranking:

bF8BOaF.png

This was just an ego project for Tyra. Nothing about this was to advance the girls' careers. Whatever, not the end of the world. But let's call a spade a spade. This elimination obviously had nothing to do with the music video, Sara just had nothing left to give compared to the other girls.

1. Shandi - Yeah, who saw this one coming? Shandi hit every move perfectly and she was feeling herself! I guess you flirt with Kinetic and you can do anything :dead:

2. Camille - I was really into Camille here and she just looked so comfortable in the music video. Definitely Camille's best week in the competition in a long time.

3. April - April also hit every move perfectly. You can definitely see the visual thought process of each move on her face though lol.

4. Sara - She was kinda just doing her own thing, but she looked sexy as hell doing it.

5. Mercedes - She also just did her own thing, and she looked cute as hell doing it!

6. Yoanna - I mean, duh. She had no idea what she was doing and then she fell lol. If the elimination was truly based on the music video, obviously Yoanna's ass would be out. But lucky for her, it wasn't at all.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 7)

Sara was my first ANTM favourite. 😍 Girl is stunning!

Not here for your under appreciation of her. The only highlight of you commenting on this cycle is your love for Camille. 🤣 I forget anyone else exists except of those two.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:58 AM, FrogLenzen said:

Please note that Alex did not even mention Sara until she was eliminated. THIS IS WHY SHE WENT HOME. Everyone else was b r i n g i n g the content.

THE ABSOLUTE FORESHADOWING FOR THE ICONIC 🎷 MOMENT. Shandi, you in danger gurl

I mean you didn't lie 🙈. They didn't eliminate her for a poor performance in the music video. They eliminated her because there was no way we were getting drama for her overseas like the other girls gave.

It's coming :wub: :wub: 

On 6/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, Zoey said:

Sara was my first ANTM favourite. 😍 Girl is stunning!

Not here for your under appreciation of her. The only highlight of you commenting on this cycle is your love for Camille. 🤣 I forget anyone else exists except of those two.

She truly is one of the most stunning girls to ever do the show.

I prefer the bigger personalities which is probably obvious 🙈. How dare you forget Shandi though when she gives us one of the most iconic ANTM moments ever, smh.

Cycle 2 - Episode 8 - The Girl with the Signature Walk

1iC2JtN.png

Camille is thinking about what the psychic said and wants to strategically make friends in the house so she can still win lol.

t1yLPJo.png

Lol Mercedes trying to convince Yoanna to make an effort to befriend Camille.

z4OzaXy.png

Ebony and Ivory are now bffs and I'm sure nothing will go wrong ❤️

Xd4OtRt.png

Mama TyTy with her totally not pre-planned rap about how they're going to Milan!

TMxRLfQ.png

e44.png

rB2t7ZR.png

The girls doing go-sees as hot men drive them around ❤️

Ixs5Hxk.png

"This is a top model agency so we usually sign the top models"

"Okay, so I'm in the right place 🙂"

qrl1Tlb.png

Camille's man is THIRSTING ❤️

kxsdVnW.png

Mercedes casually belly-dancing on a go-see :dead:

27fcYfx.png

"She wants to know why you walk like this?!"

"This is my signature walk, and this is what's going to make me famous 🙂"

I 👏 CON 👏 IC 👏

Pq4PGi2.png

"It was pretty coarse, but I'm pretty sure they'll be calling me soon so it's not a problem 🙂"

I just need like 1/10th of the confidence Camille has in my daily life.

HK3Elrg.png

7RNQ6hG.png

GYMWK3U.png

Camille was pretty much having a dream day.

2CQlcgy.png

Camille winning a reward :wub: There's no way they'll eliminate her right after winning go-sees...right? 🙂

CQXhprM.png

Yoanna struggling with the go-sees saying she doesn't have the right body type.

6eZbqRM.png

"The best way to get revenge on someone is to kill them with kindness. So that's what I'm doing with Yoanna, I'm killing her with kindness!"

eEa9SAM.png

ICONIC PHOTOSHOOT IS ICONIC!!!!!

i4BiDjD.png

The bffs Ebony and Ivory enjoying their day out together ❤️

Bx26mRN.png

Camille starting shit in front of Tyra and Jay about Yoanna going to the bathroom after dinner 🙈

pnAMhrr.png

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY IN FRONT OF TYRA BANKS?!" -Yoanna

rFs3rvt.png

Mercedes and Yoanna double-teaming Camille oop.

FeNQNOE.png

Janice watching Camille #drag the nasty go-see lately, I just know she's a little bit impressed ❤️

K0nDtli.png

"ACTUALLY, I'm here because I got chosen out of 6000 girls and 12 were chosen for AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL!" She dragged :wub:

FVX0S3N.png

"This photograph looks like the batteries died in her vibrator" -Janice

lnOo6Mo.png

Omg Mercedes' face, you just know she thinks she's going home. There's no way they're sending go-see winner and drama magnet Camille home...right?!

A2M9zko.png

Lmao Yoanna can barely contain her joy over Camille going home :dead:

zYiqGLi.png

And then there were 4...

Cast Ranking:

HL0xkgm.png

Honestly, this episode was a 40-minute goodbye to Camille, one of ANTM's greatest villains, and I loved it. Camille was firing on all cylinders all episode long and went down in a blaze of glory. I think the eating disorder stuff was a little clumsily done, which I'll go into momentarily, but obviously we needed the Camille & Yoanna friendship to crash and burn before she got eliminated. Still, can't go wrong when you design an episode specifically around Camille.

1. Camille - I mean, could anyone else possibly win the episode? As I said, this was the Camille episode. For the first half of the episode she was DELIVERING! She was television gold on the go-sees. So obviously there was the eating disorder part and obviously I won't defend Camille there...however. They pretty much spoonfed her the storyline. When Yoanna left the table, Camille did nothing and Jay was just like "WHY'D YOU MAKE A FACE CAMILLE?! 🙂" Now, Miss Camille obviously took the bait hook, line, and sinker, but if the producers weren't meddling with the situation we wouldn't be having this conversation and that's all imma say on the matter.

2. Yoanna - For all my issues with Yoanna, I've never questioned her passion for the modeling world. I love how into it all she is and I find that aspect of her personality to be infectious. I also sympathize with her body issues. I mean she's skinny as hell and she's still getting #dragged by these awful people in the industry. I definitely felt bad for Yoanna. And for all the shit she talked about Camille all season, she finally got the moral high ground pretty much handed to her in the end, so props there I guess.

3. Mercedes - Her personality is just so fun. I think I said this before, but it's so easy to see why she became a fan favorite, I can't imagine actively disliking Mercedes. I seemed to remember her and April as a duo, but she's absolutely been a duo with Yoanna on this cycle and I thought it was sweet how Mercedes stood up for Yoanna against Camille. Her ass should've been sent home this week though, but I'll get into that later :kissbye:

4. April - Sadly invisible, but I still love her.

5. Shandi - Also took the backseat to the Camille show this episode, but great things are a-coming :giggle:

Photo Ranking:

jMMzhoR.png

Absolutely one of the best photoshoots in ANTM history. This was a dream high-fashion shoot. The dresses were stunning, the girls remembered the product they were selling, and the whole backdrop and Milan setting was gorgeous. I wish the girls stepped up to the plate a little bit more and were as great as the concept, but I still love it.

1. Shandi - Duh. One of my favorite photos in ANTM history. It's definitely my favorite photo from the first two cycles I've rewatched so far. Everything about this photo works. It belongs in Vogue Italia. How this woman from Walgreens who had no idea what she was doing managed to deliver this amazing photograph is beyond me.

2. Yoanna - Another amazing photograph. This is the best Yoanna's body has ever looked and it's one of her most dynamic photos to date. It is the epitome of high-fashion. I wish the photo wasn't zoomed out so much so I could analyze the photo more, but the zoom works as a photograph.

3. Camille - Yeah her elimination was bullshit. She wins the go-sees and frankly this photo is fine. I think there's a huge gap between the top two and bottom three though. But I think Camille's photo is great here and it's possibly my favorite face of hers since the very first shoot. I think the pose could've been a bit more high-fashion, but it's not bad. Ugh can you imagine Camille still in the house during Shandi's moment?! We really lost huh 😢

4. April - I get what April was going for here, but it just comes across as lazy. If she had more tension in her face, this photo was work. But because the face looks lazy it kills the rest of the photo. It really is so close to working though!

5. Mercedes - This just looks like someone trying to do high-fashion. It's very paint by the numbers. It's a pretty picture, but nothing spectacular at all.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 8)

Camille says her walk will make her famous but then it turns out that her talking about her walk made her famous which means the walk kind of did make her famous???

Winning go-sees should grant immunity oop

April had the right idea... her lying down in that dress is very striking. But she needed a tiny arch in her back, more focus in the eyes, and to make the product more prominent, or something... it's unlike her to not make these kinds of corrections naturally. This was her chance to make herself a lock for the finale and she let it slip through her hands. Either that or they started sabotaging the photos they chose for her.

Cycle 2 - Episode 9 - The Girl Who Is Afraid of Snakes

TfKnEc8.png

We're not quite at the climax of the season yet, it's recap time! Look how far Shandi has come ❤️

8XkpWDf.png

Miss Camille encouraging Jenascia not to get herself down over being late, we stan a motivational hero!

cu7Y1FZ.png

Goodbye to Anna. No new scenes with her.

pqWg1cd.png

The refresher on the Camille vs. Yoanna fight is always appreciated.

xfvnbzl.png

"I suggest you lay off the attitude it is not necessary :kissbye:". I do not remember Mama TyTy getting testy with Bethany, she was screwed from that moment.

veWicQ9.png

And Bethany was gone second. I feel like she could've brought the drama, but really she was just a h8r.

jcKTRiB.png

Sara gives Heather five dollars to run around naked, that woman is truly an enigma.

3HBd7vk.png

Omg Aprilbot melting down fearing there might be snakes at the photoshoot :dead:. And poor Jenascia having to help her again :giggle:

cwzynAJ.png

"I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THEY ARE, THEY CAN'T SNEAK UP ON ME!"

jkiUdiI.png

Never before seen footage of Janice #dragging Mr. Jay, I love to see it :wub:

FSBtz5q.png

Heather is gone third and I'm left as confused about her as ever.

xOvvjJT.png

Camille not participating in the group cleaning because she was cleaning for two hours last night...while everyone was asleep so no one can verify :giggle:

h66ZWwS.png

Jenascia gone fourth...I still have a random soft spot for her.

xDrtYwU.png

This time around, we get Yoanna's sob story with the psychic as she misses her grandmother who got her into fashion.

nBaGS50.png

Janice asking if the girls would sleep with a photographer for money or fame.

April: Is he attractive 👀

You just know Nigel was watching this at home like 👁️👄👁️

XtsuPQm.png

We say goodbye to Xiomara fifth :(

OPvJU2H.png

Mercedes on Camille's lip emergency: I just can't remember how big your lips are to begin with :dead:

y7rSjNT.png

And next we lose Catie, these recap episodes really are a snooze huh :dead:

LXiTmSK.png

Wow aren't they ~quirky~

F7RCq3V.png

Umm the girls learning to walk the runway like drag queens should not have been cut for a screening of Tyra's dumbass music video at the end of the episode!

yTbmrk8.png

Okay the recap was worth it for Camille KILLING the freestyle dance at judging, no way that should've been edited out!

hYNcicG.png

Poor Sara couldn't even get a bonus scene in the recap episode :dead:

un0C5uF.png

Welp last week's recap had literally no new footage so goodbye to Camille again.

On 6/13/2021 at 5:04 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Camille says her walk will make her famous but then it turns out that her talking about her walk made her famous which means the walk kind of did make her famous???

Winning go-sees should grant immunity oop

April had the right idea... her lying down in that dress is very striking. But she needed a tiny arch in her back, more focus in the eyes, and to make the product more prominent, or something... it's unlike her to not make these kinds of corrections naturally. This was her chance to make herself a lock for the finale and she let it slip through her hands. Either that or they started sabotaging the photos they chose for her.

I never thought about it like that, but that is true :dead:

Tea.

I agree, I got where she was going for it and it did almost work. I think she was doing more dynamic stuff that they didn't pick for her so it could've been sabotage. Either way, I think she was getting sent home in 4th. I don't think they were ready to lose Shandi or Mercedes yet so I think it came down to Yoanna and April and Yoanna pulled ahead at the right time.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 9)

Cycle 2 - Episode 10 - The Girl Who Cheated

The fact that this episode isn't The Girl Who Had Sax is completely criminal

GMQxXQx.png

As you can tell, Yoanna is devastated over losing Camille.

KUhiRDF.png

The close-up shots of Yoanna's midriff with the sad music is just too much lol.

JksXQ5o.png

Yoanna and Mercedes, as the single gurls, are inviting the hot Italian vespa boys for dinner.

I8UfkuT.png

This man sitting on the other man's lap.........I am looking respectfully

aUlvPQq.png

Plz this episode is not gonna get me h*rny on the main.

mRByk1U.png

Yoanna, sex positive queen! (though she chose the ugliest one lowkey)

6xFcQ9t.png

Uh oh...

Tejnm51.png

Uh oh!

fBfq9Xy.png

UH OH

hYu5I2R.png

I've been there gurl (well not the cheating lol, but the morning after/night of regrets)

wWmifOQ.png

I'm just dying to know how Camille would handle this if she was here lol.

nj1a5NY.png

Lol Shandi talking about how none of the girls pulled her aside and tried to stop her (not in a blaming way, but like...tea they didn't :dead:)

fWL7xG5.png

"I finally have someone that's proud of me for once and look what I go and do. And that makes me think, is that how I'm always gonna be?" :broken:

gfZhWrp.png

Shandi somehow winning the reward challenge while she's emotionally distraught :dead:

7wHdnP8.png

Mercedes & April fighting a bug at the kids table while Shandi & Yoanna get to network :dead:

jkMicFJ.png

And here we go, it's phone call time...

fbLIAxM.png

"YOU HAD SAX?!"

JZfboTz.png

Literally everything about this could've been done off camera...but this is also PEAK reality tv. While I'm far from an Eric fan based on my minimal knowledge of him, I do really feel bad for him because at least Shandi signed up for reality television. He literally didn't agree to any of this at all.

yPcoNZn.png

"I'd rather pose nude than with clothing on" -April :dead:

1Pc0FcL.png

"When I think of the boys back home who they'd rather see naked on top of each other... ;)" this is like the most sexual ANTM episode ever omg

XQaOa47.png

Okayyyy I did not remember April admitting she was thirsty for Nigel 🙈. The feeling is DEFINITELY mutual gurl.

GL2wJNU.png

9Cv7aMK.png

Lol this isn't gonna help you Shandi, I promise!

75cLPQC.png

Shandi's boyfriend has encouraged her to keep going and they'll discuss and work on their relationship when she gets home.

nVtlwid.png

"I like the underwear though" We get it Nigel...

vmnYwPN.png

Mercedes had absolutely no business robbing April :kissbye:

U3uO9na.png

I'm sobbing

mGyaNHa.png

"I can't go back to doing what I was doing it was killing me...I can't go back there"

(My episode cut out the fadeout so just pretend there's final three girls left AND THEN THERE WERE 3...)

Edited by Alex95
  • Like 1

Cast Ranking:

jTnDFaE.png

Yup, one of my favorite episodes in ANTM history :wub:. This episode is what reality television was meant to be. Exploitative, but honest as hell. Shandi is truly one of the greatest characters in the history of reality television. Shandi's ugly duckling storyline is so inspirational, and that makes it all the more devastating when she completely loses herself. You honestly cannot script a more interesting storyline than Shandi's. The downfall of Shandi is just...amazingness. Along with that, you get an amazing photohsoot, a fun challenge, and April's emotional elimination. It really has all the elements of an all-time great ANTM episode.

1. Shandi - Duh. I really can't rave enough about Shandi here. Am I a terrible person for enjoying watching Shandi cheat on her boyfriend of four years for my own entertainment? Possibly. But that's showbiz baby. This was just the climax of so many great storylines from Shandi. She was the ugly girl from Walgreens who transformed into a beautiful butterfly. She was rejected by her family time and time again and did some f*cked up shit, but got saved by her boyfriend, the only person to truly appreciate her. Through this experience, Shandi learned to love herself, and pretty much went nuclear to destroy her past life she doesn't want to return to. As much as Shandi regrets it, I 100% think part of her knew what she was doing and it was a little bit intentional. Shandi & Eric don't end up together because she doesn't need him anymore. It's very Natalie Portman from Black Swan. "What happened to my little girl?" "SHE'S GONE!"

2. April - Not putting April first for her elimination episode breaks my heart, but obviously it was never gonna happen. April is a very atypical ANTM fave of mine, but I've always loved her and my love for her is standing strong. I'll talk more about her in the overall ranking, but I find her extremely relatable in many ways and her final words at her elimination literally make me tear up every time because I know how she feels, finally finding her passion and getting it snatched away from her.

3. Yoanna - I expected to put her last when she was cheering over Camille's exit, but I think she's found her fun in a post-Camille world! I kinda enjoyed Yoanna being single and slutty and just enjoying life ❤️.

4. Mercedes - Her personality's obviously still fun. But Shandi was having one of the most complex episodes of reality tv, the Aprilbot was hitting her end, and Yoanna was making out with Italian dudes. Mercedes just can't rely on fun in this iconic episode.

Photo Ranking:

iwZwI2M.png

Another great photoshoot to come for C2! From a purely modeling standpoint, the C2 boot order is damn near perfect till the end so we got the right four models in the end to just crush this photoshoot. It was simple, but sexy as hell. And all the girls were completely committed to it. Probably my hardest ranking yet, because I do genuinely love all these girls in these pictures.

1. Shandi - Her legs! Her height! Her expression! Miss Shandi from Walgreens, in the middle of a meltdown, DID THAT! She impresses me as a model so much and this photo is truly gorgeous.

2. April - Lovely. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but as a whole I love April & Mercedes' shot more. I like the soft angle they went for it. April looks really vulnerable here, but also that she's completely safe. She's conveying so many emotions WITH her eyes closed. That's impressive. Idk why Jay's salty that April directed the shoot because if she directed THIS shot, then she was completely right to direct the shoot :kissbye:

3. Mercedes - While my eyes go straight to April here, I do still love Mercedes. She looks almost maternal, and very protective of April. I think this is kind of a bad angle for her lips, but I'm nitpicking. Still a killer shot.

4. Yoanna - The "worst" of an amazing bunch of photos. With all of the drama about Yoanna's body, she really managed to model through it and she created a gorgeous shape. I don't see any insecurities here. I do think Yoanna let Shandi be the star here and I'm not crazy about the angle of her head. But still a great job by Yoanna, as always!

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 10)

This episode is legendary. Such a treat to read through your recaps and see someone else who recognizes the impact that this show had and the moments it created. Shandi gave them the content but the edit for the whole season to this point is also brilliant. 

Very much looking forward to the rest of this cycle so maybe your lens can help decipher the intention behind Mercedes making it through this episode. Besides the fact that Janice adored her of course.

On 6/16/2021 at 1:07 AM, FrogLenzen said:

This episode is legendary. Such a treat to read through your recaps and see someone else who recognizes the impact that this show had and the moments it created. Shandi gave them the content but the edit for the whole season to this point is also brilliant. 

Very much looking forward to the rest of this cycle so maybe your lens can help decipher the intention behind Mercedes making it through this episode. Besides the fact that Janice adored her of course.

Glad you appreciate the impact of this episode as well. The season really is all just building to this moment.

Well without watching the finale I doubt I'll find the reason (besides her adding the iconic beauty shot to her portfolio I guess)

On 6/16/2021 at 3:30 PM, rdhaley96 said:

Loved reading your last writeup. I actually (mostly) agree on how you'd rank the nude photos. Shandi's is also my favorite, while Yoanna's (while great) is my least favorite. Neither of those opinions seem to be popular ones, but oh well. :kissbye:

Glad we're on the same (unpopular) page :giggle:

Cycle 2 - Episode 11 - The Girl Who Is America's Next Top Model

ab5QAyo.png

Shandi's boyfriend assuring her he's not mad and he just misses her. Lowkey I remember haaaaaating him when I first watched this season, but he hasn't been that bad (they're just way too codependent on each other which is pretty much a mutual problem)

GdyjyN0.png

Yoanna cutting her own hair because the hairstylist was busy for a second :dead:. She was so THIRSTY for this win

IXkGZf0.png

Shandi definitely had it tough getting the least interesting and high-fashioned stylizing for the shoot.

sWl3mAC.png

These gays remind me of the wedding planners from Search Party season three

Z21FZ79.png

"Shandi is what models are about now. They don't look like me. They have an edge that confuses people." Tyra just said I'm pretty and you're not ❤️

mQUY3EK.png

Shandi learning to love herself :wub:. I wholeheartedly believe Shandi wins this season if she doesn't cheat. I really think they wanted the ugly duckling winner here. But they also didn't want their role model to get drunk and cheat on their bfs of 4 years.

85vSnCu.png

My new life motto.

W8TMviV.png

This designer is legit perfect for Mercedes' style. She is out of this world amazing in this runway show.

AgIvklH.png

Yoanna done dirty with this clown makeup.

4FNELdp.png

Janice campaigning hard for Mercedes, poor Janice can never win :giggle:

S3iie81.png

And Yoanna is our winner, congrats gurl!

Cast Ranking:

lrbkDYq.png

Lol yeah so all the storylines were wrapped up last episode, we were just rushing our way through things to crown a winner. If you watch this show solely for the modeling stuff, this might be your episode! Strong photoshoot, strong runway show, and a really strong final three. I think it ended fine as far as ANTM finales go. Just not a particularly memorable or overly entertaining why, hence the 10 photo recap.

1. Yoanna - Y'know what, I'm giving her props she won me over by the end of the season. I was definitely being a h8r early on as a member of the Camille Fan Club, but Yoanna's insane drive is kinda fun to me. Yoanna freaking out and cutting her own fair and then melting down is kinda my shit.

2. Mercedes - As Derek and I questioned her involvement in the final three, she definitely proved her worth this episode. If the winner was determined based solely on this episode, Mercedes wins in a landslide. Did her storyline or weeks leading up this this point justify her spot in the final two? I don't think so. But she surely made the most of her spot there.

3. Shandi - I just really enjoyed Yoanna & Mercedes this episode, so hard to rank Shandi above them when she peaced out halfway through the episode. Like I said in the recap, I think she lost herself the title when she cheated on her boyfriend, otherwise we might be looking at a completely different ending.

Photo Ranking:

a3JQBHB.png

Iconic shoot is iconic. Well I don't know if she shoot is as iconic, or if it just produced two of the greatest photos in ANTM history. But this was really just straightforward, but also a feast for the eyes. I was talking about it in the ANTM photo rankdown game, but C2 truly did That when it came to photoshoots and this one was no exception.

1. Yoanna - Pretty much all of Yoanna's photos were leading up to this one. All everyone talked about was how she had the face for a high-fashion beauty shoot. Well, she finally had the opportunity to put her money where her mouth is and she exceeded expectations. This photo won her the show.

2. Mercedes - Never in a million years would I have expected Mercedes to produce a photo like this. She was the commercial girl throughout the competition. But this photo is FIERCE. She sold me on this show but not enough where I've forgiven her for robbing April who also would've crushed this shot

3. Shandi - I mean...come on. Two of the most iconic photos in ANTM history, and then Shandi's. Let's get one thing straight, this photo is great. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination. It's just nothing compared to the other two. I think she had the toughest, least fierce styling. Like it almost reminds me of the C3 Covergirl shoot as opposed to a high fashion beauty shot. But that's not her fault. I think she did the best she could.

Yeah, the Shandi high-end styling shoot was a deliberate choice to remove her. It was clearly the worst styling and the angles they chose for the picture are questionable to me. The planes of Shandi's face are so interesting and you cannot convince me that this was the best they could do. With how much effort the photographer put into getting Yoanna's exactly correct there's no reason why he couldn't have done a better job with Shandi (and the styling put her at a huge disadvantage right off the bat too).

Mercedes: let's pull everything back and up so that her full face is exposed at the bottom. Genius.

Yoanna: let's forget about the hair completely and stick a helmet on so her jaw/cheek are the main focus and then we try to get exact symmetry. Genius.

Shandi: let's curl her hair and use it to obfuscate her neck and jaw and give her bangs and then stick a tacky flower on the side and no blending any makeup. What.