Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

Cast Ranking:

NG5PzEk.png

It was a pretty weak episode until panel. Natasha clawing her way out of the bottom and fighting to survive, and succeeding, was amazing. Those girls really had it out for her, but Natasha is somehow one of the best arguers the show has ever seen.

1. Natasha - While I think her more iconic moments are her war comment or her drag photoshoot, Natasha saving herself at panel is my favorite Natasha moment. The Gisele line is f*cking genius! Natasha has a way or arguing with the judges while still being endearing (yes I'm sure there's a discussion to be had that if she was a WOC it would not work, but that's more on society and that doesn't take away from Natasha's oratory skills).

2. Dionne - We got some fun quotes out of Dionne even till the end :wub:. She was kinda bitchy about Natasha like the others, but much less than them.

3. Renee - Every bit of information we get about Renee just breaks my heart even more, what a tragic woman she is. I don't like her strategizing about getting rid of Natasha though lol.

4. Jaslene - Jaslene running around calling Natasha fake even though she refused to say anything to Natasha's face until panel GURL BYE!

Photo Ranking:

gIqPGUf.png

While the results are mainly disappointing, this was a good shoot. I'm glad when the show visited Australia, they honored the aboriginal community and got them involved in the show. ANTM simultaneously being ahead of its time and way behind the times throughout the series run never fails to astound me.

1. Renee - Easy number one. I love Renee's body language here and her profile is really strong as well. Renee has absolutely been crushing it overseas and this is another great photo.

2. Dionne - Is this an unpopular opinion? This is one of my favorite shots of Dionne. Her eyes could have been stronger but I really love her pose. She was still the right person to go unfortunately based on her body of work, but I wouldn't minded if they sent another woman below her home instead 👀.

3. Jaslene - I'm kind of over Jaslene and this shot is just so predictable. Yes it's fierce, but I completely agree with the judges it's the same look we've seen from her over and over again, and it's almost a duplicate of her very first shot. I do like the symmetry of the shot and truthfully it probably should be second, but I'm just over her.

4. Natasha - Yeah obviously this is horrible. No need to harp on it, she was sick but even while sick there's no excuse for producing a shot this horrific lmao.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 8 - Episode 11)
On 10/19/2021 at 10:59 AM, Alex95 said:

N8ditGd.png

"Babyyyyyyyyy I love you sooooo much babyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Once again walking the line of "do we talk about this in detail" and "let's ignore it lol"

7vwipt8.png

Natasha notices the girls judging her, but decides they're just intimated!

lPxGvxz.png

Natasha wearing wedge heels to walk through the woods :wub:

DxLrACg.png

Renee shares her story about how she was abused as a kid :(

rFoUoVB.png

Jaslene just stands there telling her story without doing any sort of dance :dead:

4aB6He2.png

"I don't wanna do no damn dance! First of all, how the hell do you think I can dance while telling a story? Tell what story?! What story do you wanna hear?! My boyfriend tries to get me to dance with him all the time but I just do not do it!" Dionne's boyfriend she doesn't kiss or dance with is my favorite supporting character we never see nor hear.

The casting directors are all toasting champagne watching Dionne deliver the content this season.

CXFyZQr.png

Natasha decides to speak quietly so "everyone will pay attention" :dead:

It's so obvious that they never explained this challenge to the girl properly. Natasha mumbling while wandering through the woods should be even more hilarious, but Jaslene and Dionne seemed just as confused about this

IEOVjI6.png

"I'm like do we have to dance again...please tell me we don't have to dance again...and I'll be damned. We have to dance again!"

Give her the long Naomi weave makeover and imagine her power. Give her an afro, they can still call it inspired by Kelis. Something.

c9UPWh4.png

Natasha says she has the most potential and says she's thankful for the critique from the other girls and they're still her friends ^_^

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Fwhojgw.png

Twiggy wonders if the girls are right about Natasha's personality of if they're just jealous lol

RRVvnkP.png

"If Gisele Bundchen were standing behind me right now I'd say she has the least potential because she'd be the biggest competition to me 🙂"

sBawvCP.png

"It's better to be talked about than be not noticeable 🙂"

Twiggy often has the dumbest takes when she interjects at panel lol.... but this stirring the pot that she did is iconic. Twiggy was very in love with Natasha. You could see Tyra just exploding with evil happiness on the inside after Natasha speaks. Lemme go back and watch what the girls said about Natasha to remind myself... LOL mess they all just went after her personality and said it was fake. That is the wrong way to go about it. Plus it feels like a personal attack, which totally invites the "jealousy" question If you're going to go after Natasha, you need to do something else. She is shorter, her proportions are not good, her neck, she needs coaching, she didn't deliver on the shoot today and you watched her photoshoot... something like that. If you were really smart you would say she can't smile in a picture lmao. Appealing to reality judges about a fellow contestant's personality has rarely, if ever, worked. Natasha obliterated the other contestants with this judging challenge. I agree that it's her shining moment on the show. Best saleswoman the show has seen.

32bCD09.png

Jaslene calls Natasha out that she's fake and she's not jealous of her at all.

Jaslene completely takes the bait and fails hard here. Girl, you are so bothered. Just let it go.

Lolpwnt

asdlkhasdfgiuhruieaglkjbnasfdiuvolag

On 10/19/2021 at 11:11 AM, Deeee said:

Brittany served up some of the best drama, lines, and photos all in one episode. I adore both of her swimsuit shots, she really could not take a bad photo imo. Iconic.

Natasha not giving a single f*ck about these women also turns this episode into one of my faves!

Brittany definitely has the best portfolio of the cycle.

:wub:

On 10/19/2021 at 11:27 AM, Deeee said:

So glad I have this safe space to dislike Jaslene as both a model and personality.

This is a thread for Jaslene haters to feel comfortable!

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Once again walking the line of "do we talk about this in detail" and "let's ignore it lol"

The casting directors are all toasting champagne watching Dionne deliver the content this season.

It's so obvious that they never explained this challenge to the girl properly. Natasha mumbling while wandering through the woods should be even more hilarious, but Jaslene and Dionne seemed just as confused about this

Give her the long Naomi weave makeover and imagine her power. Give her an afro, they can still call it inspired by Kelis. Something.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Twiggy often has the dumbest takes when she interjects at panel lol.... but this stirring the pot that she did is iconic. Twiggy was very in love with Natasha. You could see Tyra just exploding with evil happiness on the inside after Natasha speaks. Lemme go back and watch what the girls said about Natasha to remind myself... LOL mess they all just went after her personality and said it was fake. That is the wrong way to go about it. Plus it feels like a personal attack, which totally invites the "jealousy" question If you're going to go after Natasha, you need to do something else. She is shorter, her proportions are not good, her neck, she needs coaching, she didn't deliver on the shoot today and you watched her photoshoot... something like that. If you were really smart you would say she can't smile in a picture lmao. Appealing to reality judges about a fellow contestant's personality has rarely, if ever, worked. Natasha obliterated the other contestants with this judging challenge. I agree that it's her shining moment on the show. Best saleswoman the show has seen.

Jaslene completely takes the bait and fails hard here. Girl, you are so bothered. Just let it go.

asdlkhasdfgiuhruieaglkjbnasfdiuvolag

Yeah they're kinda like "This is still happening.....okay moving on!"

Dionne gave us everything we need :wub: except great pictures

Idk if they didn't explain it properly or if they just didn't care enough :dead:. Maybe a little of both

Almost every girl deserved a better makeover this cycle lol (cutting Kathleen before makeovers was their biggest mistake!!!!!)

:wub:

So this is the 4th season with Twiggy now and I still have no clue what to make of her as a judge. She kinda just speaks her mind, and her takes are frequently off, and I think we just all are supposed to go with it and enjoy the ride. Twiggy ADORED Natasha and seemed to take her side no matter what. Everything you said about Natasha is true and there's so much to criticize about her modeling potential. But the girls were so dumb with how they came for her and just made it so easy for the judges to not take their side. Natasha did That, but the girls also misplayed that panel so bad.

It's very easy to get under Jaslene's skin. Throw her in a more volatile house like the C14 cast and Jaslene flounders.

:giggle: We love to see it!

Cycle 8 - Episode 12 - The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model

MqHvAgA.png

Renee was born to be CoverGirl and used to practice the CoverGirl wink!

FoEntMg.png

CariDee's on set and the girls seem to barely care :dead:

v9j1aBI.png

Why are we supposed to pretend like this MAN knows what it means to be a CoverGirl!!!!!!

940vBks.png

"I had a baby 9 months ago and I thought my life is over" fjdsanfjadlsnf WHAT?!

RE3YUaG.png

Someone teach Natasha how to smile PLEASE :broken:

pUlrqXO.png

Renee is feeling confident Natasha won't make it to the final runway.

YLETdo6.png

Yet Natasha survives again!

1ROvL1e.png

a2e5qb3.png

Lol pwnt pt. 2

xuFuXpM.png

A flip-flop!

lNvXshz.png

And then there were 2...

qEXTKYi.png

"If I win this I'm gonna be so happy and of course my babies don't want unhappy woman to be raising them" This feels like a threat against the producers :dead:

oYsJ3tG.png

All of these final runway shows are so weird now lmao

Uwb7cLs.png

Natasha's skirt fell off and she just kept going :wub:

NOYGAW3.png

What's up with these cheap ass ladders lmao?

i8vDODy.png

Natasha is so sweet ❤️.

KLFCBTZ.png

Jaslene wins!

xN33Ht2.png

Jaslene and Miss J salsa dancing ❤️

2AZiNU6.png

And then there was 1!

Tyra's Cycle 7:

1/2. CariDee = 3.36

1/2. Melrose = 3.36

3. A.J. = 4.20

4. Amanda = 4.50

5. Michelle = 4.56

6. Anchal = 4.86

7. Eugena = 5.09

8. Brooke - 6.33

9. Jaeda = 6.63

10/11. Megg = 8.00

10/11. Megan = 8.00

12. Monique = 9.33

13. Christina = 13.00

Alex's Cycle 7:

1. Melrose = 2.82

2. Michelle = 3.56

3. Amanda - 4.20

4. CariDee = 4.36

5. A.J. = 4.60

6. Anchal = 6.14

7. Eugena = 6.18

8. Megan = 6.50

9. Brooke = 7.83

10. Jaeda = 8.75

11. Megg = 9.00

12/13. Christian - 10.00

12/13. Monique = 10.00

Cast Ranking:

EkNY5LW.png

Fine enough for a final episode. Natasha delivering one final blindside by somehow beating Renee was a lot of fun. I also liked the ad lib of the covergirl commercial, it was more fun to watch than the girls memorizing some lines.

1. Natasha - One of the most random runners-up in ANTM history? I still can't believe her journey led us here but I love it.

2. Jaslene - Good for her. Frankly I think she was the shows third or fourth pick to win (I think they wanted Whitney, then they jumped to Brittany, then they tried to make Natasha work but they just had to settle on Jaslene who wasn't actively self-destructing).

3. Renee - Renee didn't deserve it at all, but her getting cut before the final two over Natasha is hilarious :dead:.

Photo Ranking:

1PvHkMS.png

Photos:

1. Renee - I think they were gonna tell her she looked old no matter how it turned out. I suppose it's not the fresh and young picture CG wants, but I don't think she looks old. On the contrary, I think she looks great! Easily the best smile in the bunch and her eyes look beautiful!

2. Jaslene - It's okay. Not great, not terrible. I think she needed to.....smize more lol.

3. Natasha - One of the worst final three CG pics ever 🙈. It took till the final three for us to realize...oh shit Natasha has never smiled before :dead:

Commercials:

1. Jaslene - It was solid. Not enough personality and she had a bit trouble with her lines, but it was solid.

2. Renee - She was trying to be relatable, but she was trying waaaaay too hard. It was very unnatural and not believable.

3. Natasha - She looked and sounded super adorable and endearing, but her line reading was obviously awful.

Cycle 8 - Overall Thoughts

This cycle tapped into the campiness we love about ANTM. If you care about ANTM being a serious modeling competition, this is the cycle you should stay as far away as possible from. It is TERRIBLE in that regard. Luckily for me, I don't care about that. This cycle was just so much fun. Any cycle that can drag someone like Natasha all the way to the final two is a win in my eyes. This was a strong cast of personalities. I think they got along a bit too well though. After Renee tried to go for the redemption storyline, the drama was minimal so the girls had to focus their hatred on Natasha, and obviously that storyline failed (but the fact that they made it canon that the girls failing to make Natasha the villain WAS the storyline still made it a good storyline). I think there's three parts to the cycle. There's the villainous Renee storyline, then there's the downfall of Brittany, and then there's the rise of Natasha. The Renee storyline was the weakest for me so when we got that out of the way, the cycle kept improving and improving. I wouldn't call this a classic ANTM cycle or anything of the sorts, but it was just campy fun that I enjoyed.

1. Cycle 3

2. Cycle 6

3. Cycle 2

4. Cycle 5

5. Cycle 1

6. Cycle 8

7. Cycle 4

8. Cycle 7

Cast Ranking:

XdrwKUm.png

1. Natasha - I knew before I even rewatched Natasha would be first place and luckily nothing changed. She is the ultimate ANTM underdog story. She was antagonizing the other girls, she didn't know how to take a picture for the life of her, and half her comments were difficult to understand. But the more you got to know her, you saw her heart was in the right place. She worked hard, she improved, and somewhere we fell in love with her. I said it before, but Natasha at panel is EVERYTHING. She was like a lawyer there and I think she saved herself a few times (I do think there was a serious chance of her going home second and at the final four if she didn't save herself). I'm not upset she didn't win based on how she bombed the end of the competition, but her winning doesn't complete the character. She's still one of my all-time faves.

2. Dionne - I hung on Dionne's every word. Every confessional she had was pure gold. Like, she barely had a fodder confessional. If she was speaking directly to the camera, it was a guarantee that it would be hilarious. I'll say it, Dionne is the funniest contestant of the first eight cycles so far. She's that good. And she never had the worst picture of the week till the end so it was easy for her to skate through the competition luckily.

3. Brittany - Brittany was kind of a spunky underdog early on. She was getting picked on by Renee, she had that awful makeover, she was very emotional. I found myself rooting for early on, but then she began to lose me. Once we went overseas, I realized we weren't meant to take her seriously anymore. And when that happened, Brittany fully went loose and flamed out in a blaze of glory. Brittany's tantrum in her final episodes is one of the books. It's similar to that moment Lisa pees in a diaper and you're like "Oh shit...she just lost the game"

4. Kathleen - I almost had Kathleen in the top three if you're complaining this is too high lol. Greatest first boot in ANTM history. Hell one of the greatest first boots in rtv history. What an icon :wub:.

5. Jael - I almost had Jael in 4th, but I realized...I didn't really miss her that much when she left. I think she came, she delivered the way she was always meant to deliver, and then she left. And I was content with that. Jael was never necessarily stealing the show for me, but I could always turn to her for reliable entertainment. I still loooooove Jael and this is not an indictment of her at all!

6. Whitney - Yeah still one of my bigger surprises. Whitney had some great moments throughout her time on the show. She had some great quotes, she brought some drama, and she brought some delusions. A very fun minor character. Like Jael, I didn't necessarily miss her once she was gone, but I'm a fan!

7. Sarah - A bit inconsistent, but when she was involved in the storyline she was a fun minor villain. Annoying all the girls with her know-it-all attitude and taking credit for her challenge win were all fun moments! Also very invisible at times though.

8. Jaslene - I loooooved Jaslene in C7 and I was so excited to see her come back. She started the season off with a bang, but after getting humbled at the high-school fashion show we got nothing from her. Jaslene being the first winner never to land in the B2 shocks me, I feel like she needed a B2 scare somewhere in the middle of the competition. Jaslene did a good job not self-destructing and looking like the most viable winner at the end of the competition. But if she self-destructed she might've been more fun.

9. Renee - In another world Renee is number one for the cycle. I think Renee has the potential to be one of the most complex and interesting characters in ANTM history. This was not the cycle for that. This was a cycle for a cross-dressing photoshoots, high-schools fashion shows, and a mail-order bride as our runner-up. I sympathize with Renee's backstory, I sympathize with Renee's life and how the world has let her and people like her down. I do not like Renee though and I do not make excuses for Renee.

10. Cassandra - Fun first episode but then she disappeared and got eliminated.

11. Felicia - There was a fun villain hidden in Felicia and it never quite came out (probably because she got robbed before it could come out lol)

12. Samantha - I've seen Samantha on rtv a million times and I don't need to see a small-town girl in the big city missing home ever again.

13. Diana - Idk I just never could like Diana. She was always a sidekick and never quite had a moment of her own (except saying "Just cuz....." about why she wants to win lol)

Photo Ranking:

3Ihsd25.png

Considering how horrible half the shoots were, this was a surprisingly difficult top 10 for me. Brittany's politics, Jael's candy, and Natasha's women's magazine were very close to making the top 10, but I had to follow my heart and put one of the funniest shoots in ANTM history in there ❤️.

1. Brittany's Nude Candy

2. Renee's Women's Magazine

3. Sarah's Nude Candy

4. Natasha's Men's Magazine

5. Renee's Men's Magazine

6. Renee's Crime Scene

7. Brittany's Men's Magazine

8. Renee's Aboriginal Dance

9. Jaslene's High School Cliche

10. Natasha's Gender-Swap

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 8)
1 hour ago, Deeee said:

Tyra's Cycle 7:

1/2. CariDee = 3.36

1/2. Melrose = 3.36

3. A.J. = 4.20

4. Amanda = 4.50

5. Michelle = 4.56

6. Anchal = 4.86

7. Eugena = 5.09

8. Brooke - 6.33

9. Jaeda = 6.63

10/11. Megg = 8.00

10/11. Megan = 8.00

12. Monique = 9.33

13. Christina = 13.00

Alex's Cycle 7:

1. Melrose = 2.82

2. Michelle = 3.56

3. Amanda - 4.20

4. CariDee = 4.36

5. A.J. = 4.60

6. Anchal = 6.14

7. Eugena = 6.18

8. Megan = 6.50

9. Brooke = 7.83

10. Jaeda = 8.75

11. Megg = 9.00

12/13. Christian - 10.00

12/13. Monique = 10.00

Yassss #Justice4Melrose!!! And CariDee behind those three feels so right.

Tyra's Cycle 8:

1. Brittany = 3.44

2. Jalene = 3.45

3. Renee = 3.82

4. Natasha = 4.09

5. Dionne = 4.70

6. Felicia = 5.00

7. Jael = 6.00

8. Diana = 6.60

9. Sarah = 7.00

10. Whitney = 7.43

11. Cassandra = 7.67

12. Samantha = 8.50

13. Kathleen = 13.00

Alex's Cycle 8:

1. Brittany = 3.00

2. Renee = 3.73

3. Dionne = 4.80

4. Natasha = 5.00

5. Jaslene = 5.09

6. Jael = 5.38

7. Felicia = 5.50

8. Sarah = 5.83

9. Samantha = 7.00

10. Whitney = 7.43

11. Cassandra = 7.67

12. Diana = 8.60

13. Kathleen = 13.00

24 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

MELROSE OVERRATED

I am ready for Cycle 9.

TBH Cycle 9 is blah.

Even if she is overrated, she has the best portfolio by the end of the cycle.

Cycle 9 has the awesome Heather, deliciously villainous Bianca, the very cool and dry Jenah, and some of the best photoshoots in ANTM history. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

1. Brittany's Nude Candy

2. Renee's Women's Magazine

3. Sarah's Nude Candy

4. Natasha's Men's Magazine

5. Renee's Men's Magazine

6. Renee's Crime Scene

7. Brittany's Men's Magazine

8. Renee's Aboriginal Dance

9. Jaslene's High School Cliche

10. Natasha's Gender-Swap

I think I would have mostly the same Top 10. I think I would likely swap Renee's Aboriginal Dance photo for Brittany's Cliche or Felicia's Cliche.

13 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Even if she is overrated, she has the best portfolio by the end of the cycle.

Cycle 9 has the awesome Heather, deliciously villainous Bianca, the very cool and dry Jenah, and some of the best photoshoots in ANTM history. 

Yah if you like BORING shots.

I just really like Cycle 11 so Cycles 9 and 10 for me are just fine.

20 hours ago, Alex95 said:

CariDee's on set and the girls seem to barely care :dead:

If it was Tyra she would have made them film it again to act excited lol

940vBks.png

"I had a baby 9 months ago and I thought my life is over" fjdsanfjadlsnf WHAT?!

This is sooooo jarring I'm glad you clocked it. What a crazy thing to say on camera. Can you believe she lost the competition in this moment??? jk they were never going to pick her just like #melrose

xuFuXpM.png

A flip-flop!

THIS ABOUT-FACE FREAKS ME OUT AS WELL. RENEE IS CHAOS

qEXTKYi.png

"If I win this I'm gonna be so happy and of course my babies don't want unhappy woman to be raising them" This feels like a threat against the producers :dead:

Still selling herself until the end

Uwb7cLs.png

Natasha's skirt fell off and she just kept going :wub:

Nothing can stop her except... smiling.

2AZiNU6.png

And then there was 1!

Obviously Jaslene turned out to be the best pioneer for the show, has had a great career, etc. Renee has had her problems and Natasha has her insecurities or whatever is going on there (the filters she uses nowadays freak me out). But yeah Jaslene winning this season is a little random. I don't watch Big Brother but she was one of those... floaters?? Is that the word? Just hung around and didn't implode and ended up the only option in the end. How Natasha made the finals with the worst CoverGirl photo of all time blows my mind. Something about Renee they just refused to consider. I feel like they just didn't want Jaslene to be up against Renee in the end, but honestly they could have easily pretended that Jaslene's portfolio was better if they wanted to.

It's funny that Jaslene only had two good weeks at the start, while Renee and Natasha had the WORST first two weeks and struggled a bit after that. But I think Renee ended up with the best portfolio of the season and was the rightful winner. Obviously her villain redemption storyline pales in comparison to someone like Eva but they could have tweaked the edit a bit to make it work fine. I don't think it's one of the bigger robberies in the show's history because I don't dislike Jaslene at all, she had a great personality, and objectively produced a few great photos even if her portfolio overall is unimpressive. But just like Melrose, Renee didn't really do anything wrong in the end. Maybe they just didn't want back-to-back blondes, which.. fair

2. Dionne - I hung on Dionne's every word. Every confessional she had was pure gold. Like, she barely had a fodder confessional. If she was speaking directly to the camera, it was a guarantee that it would be hilarious. I'll say it, Dionne is the funniest contestant of the first eight cycles so far. She's that good. And she never had the worst picture of the week till the end so it was easy for her to skate through the competition luckily.

❤️