Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

On 6/15/2021 at 9:28 PM, Alex95 said:

1. Shandi - Duh. I really can't rave enough about Shandi here. Am I a terrible person for enjoying watching Shandi cheat on her boyfriend of four years for my own entertainment? Possibly. But that's showbiz baby. This was just the climax of so many great storylines from Shandi. She was the ugly girl from Walgreens who transformed into a beautiful butterfly. She was rejected by her family time and time again and did some f*cked up shit, but got saved by her boyfriend, the only person to truly appreciate her. Through this experience, Shandi learned to love herself, and pretty much went nuclear to destroy her past life she doesn't want to return to. As much as Shandi regrets it, I 100% think part of her knew what she was doing and it was a little bit intentional. Shandi & Eric don't end up together because she doesn't need him anymore. It's very Natalie Portman from Black Swan. "What happened to my little girl?" "SHE'S GONE!"

2. April - Not putting April first for her elimination episode breaks my heart, but obviously it was never gonna happen. April is a very atypical ANTM fave of mine, but I've always loved her and my love for her is standing strong. I'll talk more about her in the overall ranking, but I find her extremely relatable in many ways and her final words at her elimination literally make me tear up every time because I know how she feels, finally finding her passion and getting it snatched away from her.

Truly one of the best RTV episodes ever because of these two right here. ❤️

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

4. Christina - This photo almost works in spite of whatever the hell Christina's doing. The backdrop is gorgeous and I like the little headpiece she made. The pose is absolutely horrific though and just looks so lazy. Possibly my least favorite photo from Christina since her first one.

I actually really love this picture? I thought it was a really popular shot. :dead:

On 7/8/2021 at 11:38 PM, Alex95 said:

uDOimhj.png

I C O N I C

Rebecca is okay and we are continuing judging without her!

soon they will just continue the entire show without her lol... at least she has more plot than some other boring blondes of the past

Brittany survives! (And thank God for that)

Already with the BS with Brittany's placements this cycle... I wonder if Sarah actually thought she stood a chance next to her hahahaha

On 7/9/2021 at 11:31 PM, Alex95 said:

"I don't understand why he would be so rude and so mean to anyone 😭" Kahlen after dealing with the photographer from hell :haha:

ICONIC TENNIS CHALLENGE. As president of the Kahlen stan club I am always happy to see her mentions in your thread

When this wins the S4 photo rankdown >>>>>>>>

I'm officially using your thread to remember all the random challenge photoshoots so I can include them all in the mini rankdown

PCamF9N.png

Iconic worst photo in ANTM history :wub: (though Tyra must've forgotten about Xiomara's underwater shot and everything from the C1 lingerie shoot)

ICONIC. But yes Shannon's Stuff Magazine is my personal worst in history and it has a lot of competition from Cycle 1 so Tyra is on crack here. I would kill people to see Lluvy's entire film

"Is Naima really a ballerina? I would do a lie detector test on that one" Miss Beverly Johnson is iconic :dead:. They should've made her a permanent judge

As a dancer myself, this is possibly the most devastating shade to be thrown at a contestant ever. Rarely does a winner get dragged in the edit like this

Tiffany's reaction to Brandy getting cut :broken:

Anyone leaving with Tatiana and Noelle still there is a travesty (At least Noelle makes up for it in the next episode with iconic drama). But Brandy leaving because of this photo??? Rude. Also holy sh*t the lobster costume for Tiffany is shocking

On 7/11/2021 at 12:12 AM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 4 - Episode 5 - The Girl Who Is Contagious

ICONIC 

"I think Mr. Jay dressed up to show us that even though Michelle has scabies she can still be beautiful 🙂" :dead:

KAHLEN

QgPb01M.png

This episode was truly riveting

(this is the last screenshot y'all are getting of this photoshoot because I am not screenshotting the girls doing blackface :dead:)

iconic for all the worst reasons. Everyone knows about this photoshoot. Also the audacity of Tyra doing this again all the way in Cycle 13 always shocks me more

Michelle is freaking out because her face is getting even worse.

There is some metaphor happening here for scabies and bisexuality but I can't figure it out...

Michelle found out her skin condition is easily treatable and will go away very quickly!

oop the metaphor just died

On 7/11/2021 at 12:34 AM, Alex95 said:

4. Kahlen - Her sense of humor actually worked for me this episode. Her joke about Michelle at the beginning of the episode was funny, and I loved her smirk when Mr. Jay was in the old man makeup and she knew it was him the entire time :dead:

jacknicholson_nod.gif

On 7/11/2021 at 1:09 AM, Steven_ said:

I've seen these moments before. I'm learning the origins of these memes thanks to this thread. 😅

EVEN STEVEN KNOWS ABOUT THIS CYCLE

On 7/15/2021 at 10:57 PM, Deeee said:

Your mind will change on Joanie. :wub:

I didn't mean every photo - I just meant like your top 10. LOL. But there is the issue of the rankdown, though I don't think anybody will be particularly vindictive? IDK. :dead:

We'll see :yawn:

I did think about throwing my top 10 at the end of the photo rankings. Maybe I'll do that, we'll see. It's hard because sometimes my opinions on the photos change daily.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:06 PM, Deeee said:

Better yet, no need to rank your photos so that you don't show all of your cards. But you could do a running season ranking! Really curious to see how these early, iconic seasons rank for you in comparison to one another.

Yeah a season ranking would be easier (right now it's 3 > 2 > 1 though I love all three)

On 7/15/2021 at 11:14 PM, Deeee said:

Truly one of the funniest things ever said on television. Elyse is the GOAT.

An innovator!

On 7/15/2021 at 11:30 PM, 1234567890 said:

Kahlen’s iconic wrath shot. :muwahaha:

Iconic :wub:

On 7/15/2021 at 11:37 PM, 1234567890 said:

Brittany’s iconic waterfall shot. :wub:

Also iconic :wub:

On 7/15/2021 at 11:38 PM, Deeee said:

Remember when Naima wasn't sent packing for that f*cking atrocious Kloofing picture? 🙂

Not only not eliminated, but got FCO :dead:

On 7/15/2021 at 11:58 PM, Deeee said:

Is it unpopular? Their shot is far better imo.

I was always under the impression that Shandi & Yoanna's was more acclaimed, but maybe I'm wrong.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:00 AM, Deeee said:

Truly one of the best RTV episodes ever because of these two right here. ❤️

:wub:

On 7/16/2021 at 12:01 AM, Deeee said:

I actually really love this picture? I thought it was a really popular shot. :dead:

I think it is popular...but I don't see the appeal at all :dead:

On 7/16/2021 at 12:02 AM, Deeee said:

Also way too excited for Brittany vs. Keenyah and it being so intense that Kahlen has a nervous breakdown :wub::wub::wub:

Lmao yes I have high expectations for this final four episode which I remember loving.

15 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

I need my own watch thread for this watch thread

Call me Wallace because I'm about to do some catch-up posts lol

Well do it faster :kissbye:

I C O N I C

soon they will just continue the entire show without her lol... at least she has more plot than some other boring blondes of the past

Already with the BS with Brittany's placements this cycle... I wonder if Sarah actually thought she stood a chance next to her hahahaha

ICONIC TENNIS CHALLENGE. As president of the Kahlen stan club I am always happy to see her mentions in your thread

I'm officially using your thread to remember all the random challenge photoshoots so I can include them all in the mini rankdown

ICONIC. But yes Shannon's Stuff Magazine is my personal worst in history and it has a lot of competition from Cycle 1 so Tyra is on crack here. I would kill people to see Lluvy's entire film

As a dancer myself, this is possibly the most devastating shade to be thrown at a contestant ever. Rarely does a winner get dragged in the edit like this

Anyone leaving with Tatiana and Noelle still there is a travesty (At least Noelle makes up for it in the next episode with iconic drama). But Brandy leaving because of this photo??? Rude. Also holy sh*t the lobster costume for Tiffany is shocking

Lol poor Rebecca. At least she'll always have that Moment.

Idk on first watch I actually thought Brittany was going there because I was completely unspoiled and it would've made sense as the "too sexy second boot" like Katie & Bethany. Glad I was wrong though.

Lol I give Kahlen her dues when I can.

The tennis challenge and C3 running challenge are two of the best :wub:

Shannon's C1 Stuff is a good choice. I'm still at Xiomara's underwater shot, but there's so many options.

I see no passion for Naima from the judges, her win is bizarre :dead:

Justice for Brandy & Tiffany!

ICONIC 

KAHLEN

This episode was truly riveting

iconic for all the worst reasons. Everyone knows about this photoshoot. Also the audacity of Tyra doing this again all the way in Cycle 13 always shocks me more

There is some metaphor happening here for scabies and bisexuality but I can't figure it out...

oop the metaphor just died

jacknicholson_nod.gif

EVEN STEVEN KNOWS ABOUT THIS CYCLE

:giggle:

I still can't believe it's real lol

Omgggggggg I forgot about C13 too :(. Those shots actually turned out to be gorgeous, but they're still so so so so wrong.

:dead:

She delivers sometimes 🤷‍♂️

Lol everyone in the world knows about Tyra's blowup I think :dead:

Cycle 4 - Episode 11 - The Girl Who Is Special

46PHo99.png

Keenyah's defending saying Naima has the last potential at last panel because she's closed off and people can't relate to her...I mean she's not lying!

2CZy3SQ.png

"Can I finish talking please? 🙂 I just want to finish this sentence!"

"Okay, don't ever get rude with me like that again because you cut people off all the time!"

"I know, and I'm learning that 🙂 but you still go when I'm not finished talking 🙂"

ssj09Cw.png

Keenyah getting distracted by Kahlen's chocolate in the middle of reading Tyra mail :dead:

PlB6qQu.png

The girls are learning African tribal dances!

pHnleaU.png

Keenyah is excited to finally be able to visit Africa (though Naima's feeling slighted as a mixed race girl)

oZUxzrz.png

Naima obviously wins the dancing challenge.

jDVZK6M.png

Lol Kahlen's mad Naima chose Keenyah to get extra frames at the photoshoot instead of Kahlen. Don't hate the player, hate the game!

5QJdQQa.png

This is the first time someones confronting someone for getting chosen for a reward :dead:

p4bjUIr.png

Kahlen spiraling no one chose her to get extra frames.

A3U45um.png

The girls have the privilege of visiting Nelson Mandela's jail cell! (and Keenyah asked if he's still alive 🙈)

wW4srMj.png

Naima was given the key to the cell and gets to open it!

Rylhigp.png

Keenyah expressing her gratitude for being able to be there, but Brittany's not buying it since she didn't know if he was dead or alive earlier.

ELw3Rdo.png

The male models at the photoshoot are being very flirty and invite them out after the shoot (especially this one with Keenyah)

2mrishM.png

Keenyah has to stop the photoshoot because one of the models won't stop moaning in her ear and touching her inappropriately.

cI3Axol.png

Mr. Jay essentially tells Keenyah she's being unprofessional.

rL7egcx.png

"I know it's not about being comfortable, but there was a line I feel was crossed" :broken:

LU3vgZa.png

"It's not fair for Keenyah to blame someone outside of herself for her shoot" Oof

GmhBFzH.png

The girls go out to dinner and Keenyah feels uncomfortable seeing him again.

eSVgfav.png

And she calls his ass out :wub:

ndtA5XJ.png

Brittany's upset over the tension at dinner.

XZiBy4a.png

Brittany calls Keenyah out for being selfish and not bringing money to dinner.

sXlw5aG.png

Brittany & Keenyah fight over Keenyah getting upset about Naima being able to open the Mandela's cell and whether or not Keenyah was actually emotional.

MiBiArg.png

"SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP"

NKlgiTy.png

Iconic reaction shot.

efD6k1n.png

Naima calling BOTH Brittany & Keenyah out for fighting over the experience at Mandela's cell, feeling like they're trivializing something that was important.

ChknchM.png

And Kahlen is just melting down outside while everyone else is screaming at each other.

xrQw2Y8.png

Keenyah reading Tyra Mail out loud to no one because no one is around :dead:

LgUUP0b.png

More dancing!

0F3ibGy.png

Brittany is giving Janice Dickinson realness in her "worst shot"

OR2jE4x.png

Tyra telling Keenyah she should've done a better job fending off the male model.

iVLhTTW.png

Naima getting called out for being a bad dancer again :dead:

zxBQHu5.png

When the bottom two's pictures were a million times better than the top two's...........

JJh3Ab2.png

Brittany & Keenyah still love each other and are hugging goodbye ❤️

bmUtpFD.png

Brittany getting eliminated for lack of energy......Choices were made.

T747iFQ.png

And then there were 3...

• Like 1

Cast Ranking:

HJLgSGu.png

Another very problematic episode from C4. It was extremely intense and riveting. But most of the girls came out of it looking worse than before. All the girls had extremely righteous moments though which made it difficult to rank. But I guess it's pretty true to life, especially reality tv from the early 2000's. Some situations aren't black and white. Where a girl is righteous in one aspect, they'll be problematic in another. Despite all this, I did enjoy the episode! Just a lot of shocking stuff from a 2021 lens.

1. Keenyah - The cons, her dismissal of Naima's experiences at Mandela's cell. Keenyah definitely discounted Naima's Black ancestry because she doesn't look as Black as Keenyah. However, I did feel like Keenyah was willing to listen to Naima during the fight at the house later. I feel like the show really zipped past that part and I wish we got to see what kind of conversations Keenyah & Naima did have. While that was a low moment, I was with Keenyah otherwise. She obviously knew who Mandela was, just because she didn't know whether or not he was alive doesn't mean she wasn't moved by his story. I felt the other girls were extremely dismissive of her experience there and her reaction (while she was being dismissive of Naima lol). And then there was the sexual harassment with the male model, my heart goes out to Keenyah there. EVERYONE was being dismissive of her there and I found Keenyah to be so amazing and brave standing up for herself and calling her out. Despite her serious flaws this episode, everyone had flaws and I just couldn't not put her first after how well she handled herself there.

2. Brittany - The cons, her dismissal of Keenyah's experiences at Mandela's cell. While Brittany never came across as the most #woke ANTM girl, I found her comments to be extremely disrespectful. It was giving me "Where's White History month!!!!!" when she was annoyed with Keenyah for enjoying Africa differently from the white girls. I did get Brittany's confusion about how important the Mandela moment was for Keenyah since Keenyah was just asking questions about him, but frankly this was never Brittany's place to judge. Having said that, I was #TeamBrittany about Keenyah not bringing any money to dinner because no one wants to be that friend, and "SHUT UP" is easily one of the most memorable ANTM moments ever for me. The way she screams is forever ingrained in my head. Also Brittany's elimination was bullshit and she should've won the season, but that's another story.

3. Naima - Really Naima had first or second place locked if not for the Keenyah victim blaming. So that was a mess. I was definitely on her side with all the Mandela stuff though. While Naima's experiences with being Black will be different from Keenyah's since Naima is mixed, she is still Black and that shouldn't be dismissed. Naima getting to open Mandela's cell seemed like a very powerful moment for her and I'm glad she had that experience. I think she did a great job handling herself during the big fight and she didn't want to let the fight taint the experience. But yeah, just cause she was mad at Keenyah doesn't mean she has to be a bitch about Keenyah getting sexually harassed.

4. Kahlen - On one hand, Kahlen could've been first for being the only girl not to do anything problematic. But she didn't do anything period so I don't think it's fair to put her above the girls who were driving the episode. I felt bad for her with how much the drama was affecting her, but it wasn't even her drama :dead:. You signed up for ANTM, what did you expect :dead:

Photo Ranking:

6IMsPP6.png

I liked the photoshoot! It felt very respectful of Africa and it was good to see how the girls can do in motion since there hasn't been a commercial shoot. Unfortunately the unprofessional male model kinda ruined the shoot.

1. Naima - Duh. Probably Naima's best shot of the competition. Her face is so strong here and the pose is flawless. I've got no complaints, it's amazing.

2. Brittany - Brittany's overseas shots or so high-fashion, it's really criminal they decided to bus her for literally no reason. She could've won with this portfolio it's so good. It's extremely graceful and still true to Brittany.

3. Keenyah - It's definitely a bit low-energy, but that's also understandable considering what she was dealing with.

4. Kahlen - Lol duh. She looks so uncomfortable and so bad here. Easily her weakest shot of the competition (close between this and her flowers shot).

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 4 - Episode 11)

Cycle 4 - Episode 12 - What the Girls Did That You've Never Seen Before

wf7ix93.png

Idk why the recap episode always have to start with compilations of Tyra modeling lol

W1MMHWj.png

Lol Brandy's first question to Janice is "Why are you so harsh? 🙂"

rglocIQ.png

So Brandy gets the diva edit this first episode, but Tatiana melting down over her shoes not fitting is conveniently left out...

W9t33R6.png

Lol I still can't believe they weren't originally gonna give Brandy a makeover.

zyaN8Wm.png

Ugh a Lady Kat flashback...I miss her!

F8vvqho.png

Lol wait why did Noelle randomly spend her final confessional #dragging Noelle :dead:

jDvDMgO.png

The God we edited out the girls playing pranks, talk about whocurr

hSSuJgL.png

Drunk Brittany falling out of bed :dead:

qhrvloK.png

I can't believe they edited Brittany & Christina's moms visiting out!

yLTcm2g.png

Lol Brittany's mom just being an older version of her ❤️

K7mgYX7.png

Help!

661bHei.png

Tomorrow we crown a winner!

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 4 - Episodes 11 + 12)
On 7/11/2021 at 11:13 AM, 1234567890 said:

…because C3 is peak ANTM. ♥️

Jade, Danielle, and Joanie be like 👁️👄👁️

On 7/11/2021 at 5:12 PM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 4 - Episode 6 - The Girl with the Deliciously Tacky Dance

6RzORCJ.png

Lluvy is hoping to never be in the bottom two again

did they really open the episode with a talking head from girl who will go home??? hahaha they do this soooo often

"You've had three bad photoshoots Lluvy...we've had four photoshoots..."

Brittany out here telling no lies and reminding production why they need to keep Brittany around longer

Kahlen is triggered because the other girls are more fun than her.

mood

Brittany & Keenyah enjoying their reward getting to be fashionably late to the photoshoot ❤️

I'm sure they will be friends forever and nothing bad will happen

"I don't know..." Tiffany's not feeling today's judging challenge at all :wub:

FORESHADOWING

Omg Christina content 😮. She's crying about how she doesn't want to get walked all over because she doesn't have a big personality.

Luckily for Christina, in reality TV world, crying=personality so this just bought her a couple more weeks

On 7/11/2021 at 5:27 PM, Alex95 said:

2. Kahlen - What shock. Who knew Kahlen had this sex appeal? Her best photo to date easily.

:wub::wub::wub:

On 7/12/2021 at 11:45 PM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 4 - Episode 7 - The Girl Who Pushes Tyra Over the Edge

🙂

Oh boy...the teleprompter challenge

"CAN YOU SAY MAGENTA?"

The entire cast of ANTM: no

"Looks to the left...oop"

To quote Amy Sedaris as guest judge on Drag Race... "illiteracy is HILARIOUS"

"This is humiliating :rolleyes: More and more each week :rolleyes:"

🙂

The judges are talking about how the girls are sucking and need a wake-up call (totally not pre-planned conversation at all lol)

The producers were like... oh sh*t Rebecca is still here, we can't spend a whole episode just to get rid of Rebecca

tLPZvm5.png

🙂

I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU, WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU

This is the #1 most iconic moment in all of ANTM and for that alone Cycle 4 deserves more respect and I will be taking no questions.

On 7/13/2021 at 11:15 PM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 4 - Episode 8 - The Girl Who Gets Bad News

Every episode so far has a clear hook and memorable moment(s) except episode 6 IMO

Christina and Tatiana, queens of saying actually!

omg the "actually" counter! Rivaled only by the "that's cool" counter in Cycle 8

Is there anything that's going on with other celebrities and, y'know, other rappers and singers, y'know, like yourself, that you think they would want to accomplish as well, is there something that...is there something that a lot of people can, y'know, go out and say I wanna do this or I wanna do that?"

pCkJOPv.png

"Umm..."

This episode starts the downfall of Michelle which I DO NOT believe in.

Also Tatianna still being here is so random... she is one of the least memorable this season. But this is the rise of Kahlen through the adversity. Everyone always wonders if this photoshoot was set up just because Kahlen's friend died, and I always think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I honestly think this is just a freak coincidence. But Kahlen pulled through and hit us with a truly iconic photo. 

On 7/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, Alex95 said:

1. Kahlen - The definition of iconic.

❤️

On 7/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, Alex95 said:

2. Naima - I never realized how weak Naima's portfolio was the first half of the competition until looking at this chart. Naima is amazing here though and it's easily her strongest shot to date.

Yeah Naima's early portfolio is atrocious and then she still has that kloofing mess in her later portfolio... one of the weaker winner portfolios FOR SURE.

On 7/14/2021 at 11:13 PM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 4 - Episode 9 - The Girls the Lionesses Are Hunting

omgggg Africa is here

26rqW1I.png

Presumably all humans have to eat in order to live, so it is so dirty that the editors are saving every shot of Keenyah eating anything lol

tCMmue1.png

Lol

But instead of that, the girls find out they're going to South Africa!

Overseas locations so far: Paris, Rome, Tokyo... Cape Town? Sure why not.

And we get a commercial cliffhanger as if the girls are actually about to get slaughtered on national television lol

Well Tyra tried to slaughter Tiffany, and Tiffany was unbothered so now Tyra is just going to literally feed her contestants to wild animals

Keenyah finds out she's the elephant :dead:

One of the dirtiest moves ever pulled on this show lmaooooo

xdkKUIg.png

Wendy Williams Icon GIF by Stevie Loves You

Kahlen falls on the crocodile and runs away :dead:

Iconic

GLFIERG.png

Cycle 4 delivers chaotic iconic moment again. Thank you Janice

Lol Tyra telling Naima she forgot about her when she was driving to judging and thinking about the girls.

this would be a DEATH SENTENCE to any other contestant on any other season. So strange

On 7/14/2021 at 11:30 PM, Alex95 said:

One of the best shoots in ANTM history?

yes. OMG remember when they did animal styling again in Cycle 20 for one of the worst photoshoots in ANTM history???

On 7/15/2021 at 10:39 PM, Alex95 said:

in RTV history! 👏

oh good, you agree. I'm late lol

On 7/15/2021 at 10:39 PM, Alex95 said:

(but I also gotta keep some cards close to my chest since I'm doing an ANTM photos rankdown :dead:)

On 7/15/2021 at 11:34 PM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 4 - Episode 10 - The Girl who Flops in the Mud

Spoiler: Naima is the flop

Christina talking about how she doesn't want to be seen as the cold or reserved girl (I've got some bad news...)

Christina is 2000 and late with this concern

Christina's pretty much doubled the amount of confessionals she's had all season within in the first 8 minutes of this episode. If I was unspoiled...I'd be very worried for her :dead:

All of the classic reality competition edit cliches have to come from somewhere lmaoooooooo

OBfNwU4.png

Kahlen can't figure out how to open the door at one of her go-sees!

gifted+school.jpg 

Naima said f*ck the time limit, she's going to her go-sees :dead:

it's a mess that Naima thought this was a good idea

The girls are gonna judge each other's pictures at panel today :wub:

If I wasn't already in love with Kahlen by this point, the way she actually had smart things to say for this challenge blew me away

Brittany being in the bottom two after this picture is CRIMINAL

yeah, facts

21zyVEt.png

I hate how Christina was kind of just... beaten down this entire cycle and never had a shining moment in the judges' eyes despite her having a gorgeous unique face and a great portfolio and IMO truly earning her place in the Top 5. I wonder how she feels looking back at this experience. Naima should have gone home after her awful awful photo and the fact that she wasn't even in the Bottom 2 is insanity

On 7/15/2021 at 11:54 PM, Alex95 said:

5. Naima - What is dis honey??? FCO? Idts. I hate literally everything about this picture. Her face, her pose, her styling (or lack thereof). Everything.

yep

Edited by FrogLenzen

On 7/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, Alex95 said:

Cycle 4 - Episode 11 - The Girl Who Is Special

Okay I will admit that this episode is just bad. 

MiBiArg.png

Alex's new avatar

0F3ibGy.png

omggggggg more photos for me to use in the mini-rankdown!?!??!?!

Naima getting called out for being a bad dancer again

cringe

Brittany getting eliminated

THIS is what happens when you let Naima stick around too long. This should have been the episode where Michelle or Christina goes home and Naima should be a distant memory by this point. Soft-spoken dancer girl who bombs go-sees and has literally ZERO plotlines in the season? Naima did the impossible

Cycle 4 - Episode 13 - The Girl Who Walks on Water

BLjI9Vq.png

Kahlen and Naima's final one-on-ones with Tyra are about how much they're grown and Keenyah's is still about how fat she's gotten lol

IDswJ0V.png

Kahlen is nervous about having to memorize her lines for the commercial (how did they fail to do a commercial challenge before final three????)

0mBhpul.png

What is this bag they threw on Kahlen and called a dress???

Y2GgvjK.png

"I think Naima is my biggest competition because the judges really see something special in her that I just don't see" Keenyah's continued confusion about why Naima's still around :wub: :wub: :wub: 

KGVgx6T.png

Not Naima bringing out the waterworks at final three panel!

p2XNrdG.png

Tyra making Keenyah and Kahlen awkwardly face each other at the final elimination :dead:

wz0hiNW.png

Oof Keenyah is completely blindsided by her elimination 🥴

wmdNiJn.png

And then there were 2...

YfkDsFg.png

The girls are walking on water for the final runway show!

mBaymRb.png

Okay but she's highkey werking this runway show

hOZjQWj.png

The final judging!

oOYE4gT.png

Kahlen thinks she should win because she's overcome being overlooked and being the girl in the corner not pretty enough.

mUrZ7ux.png

Naima thinks she should win because she's gone from hating herself to loving herself.

4MEYhhV.png

I'm not buying the narrative that Kahlen "failed the final exams". Naima was absolutely stronger than her this episode, but I'd hardly call Kahlen's runway show and CoverGirl performance a failure.

yKwdXEu.png

Naima wins!

f5IxXSn.png

#Me

BDmpZZY.png

If you say so Mama TyTy...

Cast Ranking:

lMlpzQR.png

Another rather blah finale. I know I'm a broken record, but all the storylines are pretty much over by the finale. It's just a rush to crown the winner. If I care about the finalists then yay! If I don't then whatever. I did think the runway show was fun to watch though!

1. Kahlen - No, cause I'm mad about the "Kahlen failed final exams narrative" so she's getting first :kissbye:. Naima's performance in the runway show is one of my favorites ever, but Kahlen was also amazing. And I'll get to it later, but I actually liked her CoverGirl commercial as well! So Kahlen's final exams were fine :kissbye:

2. Keenyah - Keenyah being blindsided by her elimination is SENDING ME it just felt so obvious :dead:. I love how delusional she is :wub:

3. Naima - Congrats on the win gurl, I still know next to nothing about you. But that runway show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Photo & Commercial Ranking:

emRtZ8h.png

Not much commentary on the photo or the commercial. It was pretty much peak covergirl. It was cutesy and cheesy. Not really my style, but good for the brand.

1. Naima - Easy number one. Her photo is the epitome of CoverGirl. Just really natural and relatable, and a beautiful smile. Loved it.

2. Keenyah - The smile looked a bit forced, but I still really enjoyed her picture, and I actually think she's a pretty natural fit for the bland.

3. Kahlen - The photo's a bit chaotic and messy. It's just not Kahlen.

1. Keenyah - I think Keenyah had the perfect balance of staying true to herself and fitting the brand. I knew Keenyah would be strong at the commercial and I wasn't let down.

2. Kahlen - Kahlen was doing what worked for her and what was comfortable for her. It wasn't necessarily "CoverGirl", but Kahlen just isn't CoverGirl at all. For what it's worth, I enjoyed what she gave us.

3. Naima - Honestly, it just came across as really fake and really bad acting. She looked absolutely gorgeous, but I wasn't buying it at all. Sorry.

32 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I'm not buying the narrative that Kahlen "failed the final exams". Naima was absolutely stronger than her this episode, but I'd hardly call Kahlen's runway show and CoverGirl performance a failure

The Office Reaction GIF

[insert every gif that appears when you search "facts"]

I have no problem admitting that Naima was better but I hated that they discounted Kahlen's performance in the end. At least in Cycle 12 they acknowledged that Allison had a much improved runway before giving Teyona the win.

Portfolio battles are always my favorite part of the cycle and Naima's is... not good. They conveniently skipped comparing the Zodiac, Wonderbra, Kloofing shoots during the final judging. Brittany vs. Kahlen would have been a thrilling finale. But you can't have TWO models that Janice likes in the finale, that's a rule lololol. Also if the judges left Keenyah alone and didn't make her go crazy over the back half of the cycle, she could have been a more formidable opponent. 

37 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Kahlen's final exams were fine :kissbye:

Propose Jason Mantzoukas GIF by LoveIndieFilms