Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

Cast Ranking:

2xLphUK.png

The premiere definitely felt very rushed. The auditions episode that comes in the later seasons was definitely a much needed addition to the show. We met the girls, they moved in, they did a runway show, they did a photoshoot, they got judged, and they got eliminated all within 40 minutes. It was just A Lot. Having said that, I did enjoy throwing the girls into a runway show right at the beginning. We also did get a major conflict thanks to April and Jenascia's drama.

1. April - I am a HUGE April stan. I find her to be one of the realest and most quietly devastating girls on the show. April's moral dilemma between being competitive as hell and looking out for herself and wanting to help Jenascia who helped her earlier was really interesting drama. I find myself relating to April in many aspects and I agree with the decisions she made.

2. Jenascia - She definitely brought the drama this episode. She's actually really fun in the confessional which I did not remember (it's possible that her edit completely dies after this episode, I guess we'll have to see). But yeah, I enjoyed her!

3. Camille - Camille absolutely commands a room. She wasn't a main character this episode, but you can just feel a storm brewing. She showed hints of what we'll be getting this cycle and I'm very excited.

4. Shandi - The ultimate ugly duckling storyline. Seeing where Shandi started is really exciting and she's just so adorkable here. Man we are about to go on such a journey ❤️.

5. Xiomara - Idk I just like her. She was pretty spunky and fun!

6. Sara - Her backstory is really intriguing and she was kind of a stealth bitch all episode ❤️.

7. Catie - Kinda just there. Enjoyable enough.

8. Yoanna - Kinda just there. Enjoyable enough.

9. Mercedes - Kinda just there. Enjoyable enough.

10. Heather - Who?

11. Anna - Not that she needs any reason to not do something she doesn't want to do, but I feel like she never really convinced me why she didn't want to pose nude. Whatever, I don't care that much. Either way I never saw the potential, and ANTM does not need a house mom, what we need is the girls letting loose and running free.

12. Bethany - No shade, but she was really judgemental about Shandi's looks for someone who's far from the most conventionally attractive girl in the house.

Photo Ranking:

h47fYzj.png

I love the photoshoot concept and I just found the makeup to be stunning. I kinda wish this photoshoot was done a little later in the season when the girls were more improved. I don't think the results were exactly what I was hoping for, but I still love the shoot in general.

1. April - She won the week for both entertainment and modeling (I just realized no one did that for C1!) April's photo is insanely good. Every aspect of her pose is placed flawlessly and her face just draws you in. 10/10, perfect picture.

2. Camille - Potentially her best photo of the competition? This shot is FIERCE! She is so powerful and regal here.

3. Mercedes - Another really powerful photo. Very unexpected from Mercedes, but I love it!

4. Yoanna - Yoanna really does have one of the best faces ever in this competition. Parts of the photo are a bit too strained for me, but I still obviously enjoy it!

5. Shandi - I wish her face was more powerful, it just needs to be more confident. If it was a more confident picture it would be one of the best.

6. Catie - It's simple, but nice. Not the most dynamic picture in the world, but a solid start.

7. Xiomara - This picture's a bit weird, but I think it works for Xiomara's look.

8. Sara - I've never loved this picture. I think Sara was trying to go for sexy, but it comes across a bit confused to me. I like the interaction between her and "Adam" though.

9. Jenascia - I love Jenascia's face here. There's just so much more she could've done with the pose though.

10. Heather - I love her body, but I think it's one of the weakest faces of the bunch. She's looks very unsure of herself or scared here.

11. Bethany - She does not know how to make her body type flattering. The face is terrible too, she's just not cut out to be a model.

12. Anna - Didn't do the photoshoot, I'd be curious to see how she would have done, but tbh I can't imagine all that great.

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 1)

I was meaning to catch up forever and then realised I'm a whole cycle behind oops :dead: I'll keep it short!

- Have to agree with the Elyse #1 spot of course. So fascinating watching the show in its earliest inception and she was really able to make her mark both as a 'character' and a model. I also agree about the Wonder Bra pic, which I at first hated and have kinda come to love in its own weird way?

- Robin absolutely one of the greats for early reality TV villains. Obviously has problematic moments watching from a modern-day landscape but cannot deny the impact she leaves on this season.

- I remember being surprised to see Ebony leave when she did as I first watched this season as for some reason I thought she was one of the last girls. Maybe it's because I've seen that gif so many times lmao. Loved what she brought to the show as a proud queer black woman, who had to fight through some horrible micro-agressions.

- Adrianne makes for a great first winner as you said. I enjoyed her a lot on her run and rooted for her, even moreso when it came down to her and Shannon (who I also just did not care for!).

- Kesse was maybe my first favorite going into this cycle. I loved her first shoot, and then unfortunately think we kinda lost her both as a personality and a model amongst the other girls.

Really enjoyed Cycle 2 and the first episode really sticks out to me still. I remember really liking Jenascia this cycle? Like I remember her presence more than a lot of early-mid elims even though her biggest story is in that first episode. How she slept through so many girls leaving the house I will never understand.

I loved this shoot too. Camille, April and Mercedes all bossed it.

8 hours ago, *Lily said:

I was meaning to catch up forever and then realised I'm a whole cycle behind oops :dead: I'll keep it short!

- Have to agree with the Elyse #1 spot of course. So fascinating watching the show in its earliest inception and she was really able to make her mark both as a 'character' and a model. I also agree about the Wonder Bra pic, which I at first hated and have kinda come to love in its own weird way?

- Robin absolutely one of the greats for early reality TV villains. Obviously has problematic moments watching from a modern-day landscape but cannot deny the impact she leaves on this season.

- I remember being surprised to see Ebony leave when she did as I first watched this season as for some reason I thought she was one of the last girls. Maybe it's because I've seen that gif so many times lmao. Loved what she brought to the show as a proud queer black woman, who had to fight through some horrible micro-agressions.

- Adrianne makes for a great first winner as you said. I enjoyed her a lot on her run and rooted for her, even moreso when it came down to her and Shannon (who I also just did not care for!).

- Kesse was maybe my first favorite going into this cycle. I loved her first shoot, and then unfortunately think we kinda lost her both as a personality and a model amongst the other girls.

Really enjoyed Cycle 2 and the first episode really sticks out to me still. I remember really liking Jenascia this cycle? Like I remember her presence more than a lot of early-mid elims even though her biggest story is in that first episode. How she slept through so many girls leaving the house I will never understand.

I loved this shoot too. Camille, April and Mercedes all bossed it.

Yay, thanks for catching up!

-Elyse definitely made her mark the show and helped create it. Glad you agree on the Wonderbra pic.

-Yup, Robin's a problematique icon.

-Ugh, I wish Ebony lasted longer :(. She certainly made her impact though, despite everything she dealt with ❤️.

-Another member of #TeamAdrianne :wub: (and not Shannon ❤️)

-I wanted to like Kesse more than I did :(. I wish she could've been bigger.

I have vaguely positive memories of Jenascia as well, I'm hoping she remains a big presence in the rest of her very few episodes.

They definitely owned the first shoot :wub:

8 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

"Let's cast this model on the show with literally ZERO modelling potential and then not even take her picture lmao get rekt"

Welp...at least she got the promo pics :dead:

• Like 1

Cycle 2 - Episode 2 - The Girl Who Floats Like a Butterfly and Stings Like a Bee

BboMFzw.png

Camille driving through Times Square, "I worked on that ad campaign! That is my ad campaign right there!" A successful queen :wub:

FfAglhC.png

Shandi and Xiomara bonding as the underdogs ❤️

SgUtI9E.png

Shandi hoping to make a change in her life because she's been through so much.

hREBWEt.png

Excuse me sir! Who are you?! Where is my husband Jon from C1?!

OgiwhEN.png

The first time I notice Heather on the show and she's falling on the runway :dead:

Zpv73oI.png

Miss Yoanna's already bothered by Miss Camille, she's just minding her own business and kicking her ass, gurl bye :kissbye:

qpIGJCv.png

Let the Camille vs. Yoanna war begin :devilwave:. Frankly I think they're both being bitches to each other lol, but of course Yoanna's the victim and Camille's just the angry black girl :rolleyes:

wquSSyG.png

"Don't play me. You have a better chance playing the lotta and that's one in a billion :kissbye:" :dead:

P2YHz3W.png

Catie admires Camille's confidence, I know that's right girl!

S5PDuGX.png

Bethany wants people to stop talking about her boobs, yet every confessional of hers is about her boobs :dead:

TXGQpoz.png

Yoanna flipping out about Catie choosing Camille for the reward, we get it girl, you're jealous.

2TwBsFf.png

These girls are trying to turn Camille's only ally alway from her smh.

QUvROIx.png

"Why the f*ck is f*cking Yoanna so excited about this house meeting :rolleyes:"

zX6nIQs.png

The Karen...jumped out! She's 100x more "aggressive" than Camille, let's be honest.

FOP4MDU.png

Obsessed with how Mercedes styled herself at the shoot.

cLwYTYR.png

You find this under your bed. Wyd?

RN6ykok.png

"Screw it, I'm gonna be short and you guys are gonna like it :kissbye:"

XIFX3bW.png

MsqoOWj.png

Miss J and Janice recreating Bethany's photo :dead:

GS0lRBr.png

"Girl you walked like you were on crack" Miss J :dead:

wFkJd8d.png

Tyra telling Shandi that was the worst runway walk she's seen in her life...yeah she's down bad

37ryGmD.png

Tyra sending the "sexy" girl home second again, she knows what she's doing.

BGN8MMj.png

And then there were 10...

• Like 1

Cast Ranking:

MeVPqYa.png

Amazing episode. The Camille vs. Yoanna rivalry is born. Camille becomes the star of the show and gives us a hell of an episode. The house meeting is epic, and any episode featuring Miss J is always a highlight for me.

1. Camille - Duh. She's a bit bossy and talks some shit, but the level of vitriol these girls have for her is not equal to the damage she's doing yet. The way her mere presence sends these girls into hysterics though. That's star behavior :wub:

2. Catie - I'm really glad to see Catie having Camille's back and how she defended her. Miss Catie was a #woke icon defending how Camille is just confident, not aggressive :wub:

3. Shandi - The ugly duckling is about to blossom and I'm very excited :wub:.

4. Xiomara - I love her little weirdo underdog alliance with Shandi. And I literally cackle every time I think about her eyes in that runway walk :dead:

5. Jenascia - Yeah, she's still remaining pretty fun! She's really witty in the confessionals. I love how focused she is on herself now after that disastrous episode one and has no time for the other girls' bullshit.

6. Mercedes - She was adorable this episode, clear to see why she becomes a fan-favorite.

7. April - Sadly pretty invisible, but I liked what I saw.

8. Sara - I've got no positive or negative feelings about her.

9. Heather - Lol @ her runway fall.

10. Bethany - Did you know Bethany has big boobs? She never talks about it!

11. Yoanna - Karen was off the chain this episode. I'm sorry, she was obsessed with Camille. Catie simply choosing Camille to join her on a reward should not send Yoanna into such a tizzy. I'm not saying Yoanna has to be friends with Camille, but her behavior this episode was ridiculous.

Photo Ranking:

Mg29bLW.png

I liked the idea behind this photoshoot and I wish they would do it more often where they have the girls style themselves and choose their photo. I think this could really separate the strong from the weak. Overall a pretty straightforward photoshoot, but I'm not mad about it.

1. Mercedes - Like I said before, I love her styling here. This is a young and fresh photo and I could absolutely see it as an ad.

2. Jenascia - I wish she had more neck, but otherwise I love this photo. She's selling the shoes really well.

3. Catie - A bit deer in the headlights, but that's a difficult pose she's going for and she nailed it while selling the shoes.

4. Camille - It's a solid picture. Doesn't blow me away, but I like it.

5. Sara - It's a little rough around the edges, but another solid 7/10.

6. Yoanna - I think she was going for serene, but the face reads sleepy. It's a very mature photo though, which I like.

7. April - She's definitely selling the shoes here, but as a modeling picture, hiding her face is criminal.

8. Shandi - Absolutely no confidence in this picture. The boots look good though!

9. Xiomara - Idk this picture just looks really unnatural and uncomfortable. Xiomara's really gotta calm her eyes down somehow.

10. Bethany - This does not look like a shoe ad at all. Also resting her hands on the now invisible table or whatever just looks weird.

11. Heather - A poor attempt at sexy. She genuinely looks like she's sitting on the toilet.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 2)

Cycle 2 - Episode 3 - The Girl Who Can Cry at the Drop of a Hat

5fsdXOo.png

Oop, Catie being called "attention-seeking" 🙊

2WKDhZX.png

Heather is lonely and not making friends in the house :(

C5JZJgW.png

Makeover time! "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'm not gonna care what they do with my hair 😄" Famous last words

Id4ssV8.png

"They said my haircut was gonna make me look taller...yeah they played the tall card with me again :rolleyes:" :dead:

MjzNaOB.png

"I LOOK LIKE A BOY 😭"

McsHB9Z.png

April's always been one of my favorite makeovers.

K0L8j7t.png

Shandi obviously wins best transformation though :wub:

rzLjcBg.png

Heather deciding Yoanna's her only friend because she's giving her leftover scraps she just ate :dead:

7iggMR4.png

Everyone (especially Yoanna) bitching about Camille getting to the mirror first at the makeup challenge :wub: Don't hate the player girls, hate the game :kissbye:

S3qSsIA.png

Heather being salty that Yoanna didn't choose her for the reward :giggle:

fdtpy6B.png

Shandi passing out 😮

DulVZRd.png

All the girls helping Shandi, umm I hope they got medical off camera or something...?

xZzWp1M.png

"I am jazzed Camille has to cook for me and my guests 🙂" Girl, Camille isn't even thinking about you! Move on!

30GUsLQ.png

Heather has found a new friend in Catie (after getting ditched by Yoanna lol)

EJLmcKR.png

"The Tyra mail is about fear and phobias, but fear is a waste of emotion and time 🙂" Famous last words part 2

BiNi3SX.png

"I'M SCARED OF HEIGHTS DAD 😭"

a7xXeHC.png

d29HEhI.png

Jay comforting Catie while Xiomara is doing her photoshoot smh #TeamXiomara

SQKDhTy.png

Catie is handling things well.

0eNduGH.png

Camille went a bit overboard with the makeup challenge :dead:

AgPC9uy.png

HkKzFPU.png

Oop Xiomara calling Jay and Catie out that she didn't get much help at the photoshoot because he was busy comforting Catie ❤️

NAd7c1k.png

"I have a little word to say! No, no, no, no" Ooh the gurls are fighting at panel!

sYL7uUD.png

Okayyyyyy Catie's dramatic ass was funny at first, but this is getting ridiculous :dead:

oEVABgI.png

"There was this big production with her being fanned and getting water...I thought it was hilarious" :dead:

BXOnMSW.png

"Pick a character! You're either this scared crapless girl or you're this attitude having diva. You can't have both :kissbye:"

d6y5dGN.png

Just...one of the most random girls in ANTM history?

okyTWqx.png

And then there were nine...(lol at Camille pretty much all alone in the corner)

Cast Ranking:

zZxN3hg.png

Definitely a step down from last week as there was nowhere to go but down from the start of the Camille vs. Yoanna war. This episode was dominated by Catie and Heather and...they're just not interesting enough to carry an episode. I was entertained, makeovers are always fun, but I'm ready to move on to the main characters.

1. Xiomara - Loved her this episode. Xiomara's a sweetheart and I loved seeing her comfort and help Catie at the photoshoot. And then she proceeded to throw Catie's ass right under the bus at panel :dead:.

2. Shandi - Shandi's transformation is just absolutely stunning. I love seeing this new Shandi emerge (and force herself into more airtime by randomly passing out ❤️).

3. Camille - Camille's mere existence continuing to send the other girls into tizzys ❤️.

4. Catie - She was probably number one or two until that final breakdown. Four breakdowns in one episode is almost so ridiculous that is cycles back to hilarious, but it didn't quite reach that point. She was just A Lot. But I mean, this was the Catie Episode, so I have to give her credit.

5. Heather - Like I said before, just such a random girl. She was just so lost in that house, it feels like the editors were attempting to give her some sort of storyline before she got the boot. I was entertained by it well enough this episode. But I don't think anyone was waiting for a full season of Heather content.

6. Jenascia - I stan her UTR bitchy confessionals ❤️.

7. Sara - Continuing to deliver as the stealth bitch this season ❤️.

8. April - Sadly invisible, but I love her makeover!

9. Mercedes - Was she in this episode?

10. Yoanna - Camille stopped thinking about you weeks ago, it's time to move on girl :kissbye:

Photo Ranking:

AJsNjip.png

Obviously such a pointless stunt lol. The ambulance outside, the theatrics, they just wanted to force the girls into an uncomfortable situation for good tv. But I mean, that's the whole point of reality tv so I'm not complaining :wub:. Definitely one of the more high fashion shoots of the season.

1. Shandi - Stunning! One of my favorite shots of the cycle. She legit looks like Kesha here. Her eyes are just so powerful, the styling is androgynous and she leans into it. Easily my favorite shot of the first three weeks so far,

2. Yoanna - I love this look here. Yoanna's real moneymaker is usually face, so I love seeing her go for a risky pose and it working. She's doing the broken down doll kinda thing which I love. An unexpected shot from Yoanna, but I love it.

3. April - Glad to see April back on top! She's so in control here and it's just an amazing and powerful photo.

4. Jenascia - What I love about this picture is that it's telling a story. It's very dramatic and passionate. I think it verges on bad acting a little bit, but overall I love it.

5. Catie - Catie's meltdown definitely worked in her favor here for me. I kinda love the melancholy in her eyes. It's a unique picture that stands out and that pose is just killer. This photo should not work at all, but it does!

6. Sara - I kinda like the mystery in her face, but it needs a bit more intensity. I also wish she placed her other leg down instead of hiding it. It's a good shot though!

7. Mercedes - It's fine, but just really basic and predictable. The most forgettable shot of the bunch.

8. Heather - All of her tension is in her mouth and it makes for a really unflattering picture. Unfortunately, Heather just did not have what it takes to be a model and she was absolutely the right elimination.

9. Camille - Unfortunately, a very weak photo. The surprised look just isn't working for me. I feel like she landed into this shot on accident. Camille is a lot more powerful than this, I'm disappointed.

10. Xiomara - Yeah this is just obviously the weakest photo of the bunch. The pose looks like she's struggling to stay on, and the face is just a mess. Xiomara may have won the episode for me, but she definitely lost this photoshoot.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 3)
On 6/3/2021 at 11:21 PM, Gonzalo said:

I really liked that you see that yoanna was the Real bitch, i always think that yoanna Hates Camille, because Yoanna had insecurities with her body and Camille had the Best body of the buch.. 

I wouldn't go that far :haha:. While I'm #TeamCamille right now I do know she definitely loses the highground later. I definitely get why Yoanna doesn't like Camille, but right now I do think she's being a bit ridiculous.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:33 AM, FrogLenzen said:

The whiplash of Catie going from "no no no" to a full panic attack is insane

She's such an actress lol

Cycle 2 - Episode 4 - The Girl Who Needs Six Months of Modeling School

NTLVb9U.png

Mercedes opening up about her lupus and how she's keeping it a secret.

zF8P38N.png

Camille unbothered over everyone cheering April on at the competition at the gym ❤️

iYAkBVv.png

Catie just got called a cheap hooker and she's gonna take it well I'm sure...

CVVNNKf.png

...or not (though tbf I'm #TeamCatie because why is this old ass man calling young girls hookers??? Janice Dickinson you are not)

2AY4JeU.png

SCREAMING at Betsey Johnson's shirt :dead:

zsSRAJ1.png

"She said I need six months of modeling school..."

kezrf9q.png

"Okay now I have to fix this girls earring :rolleyes:" :dead:. Camille handling breaking Xiomara's earring well :giggle:

SNui3Hl.png

Mercedes having a rough time as she's losing her hair :(

j1QsPBg.png

Xiomara using her dinner out with Adrianne to talk shit on the other girls :dead:

tsM519g.png

DacUuVK.png

04T2Ioq.png

Catie's impressions of the other girls' runway walks is actually kinda hilarious :dead:

Xs9tQRy.png

Xiomara pissed about being Grace Jones (not screenshotting it, but the way they darken her skin is so yikes)

iLlOHZp.png

Mercedes' Billie Holiday shoot is such a Moment.

IszcEET.png

Catie's #OverIt

UOtM6mX.png

Camille arguing back with Eric ❤️ "I understand what you're saying...but I wanna be right 🙂"

uP3iaSI.png

Janice calling Yoanna a possessed Audrey Hepburn :dead:

cvI16tB.png

"I guess I'll go back to Hooters" you do you Jenascia

qmbVhV9.png

And then there were 8...

Cast Ranking:

xBmPBNe.png

Another episode I wasn't all the crazy about (I feel like it really picks up in the next two or three weeks if I'm remembering correctly). Miss Camille must be tired from pretty much carrying the season on her back though.

1. Camille - There's barely a storyline that's gone by that doesn't involve Camille as a main character. Absolutely the star of the show. Her don't give a shit attitude is everything we need, especially compared to the other girls foaming at the mouth when they think about her.

2. Catie - This week definitely worked much better for Catie than last week. She was toned down a notch, but still dramatic and OTT.

3. Mercedes - Thus begins Mercedes' lupus storyline. This definitely shows Mercedes' heart and resilience and makes her rootable. Admittedly I've never been the biggest Mercedes fan, but she's really vulnerable and sweet here.

4. Shandi - Lol @ her winning the reward challenge even though she was objectively worse than half the girls :dead:

5. Jenascia - I enjoyed what Jenascia brought the show. I feel like she was pretty much eliminated for being sure which like...why even bring her onto the show in the first place, you knew she was short :dead:

6. Xiomara - Xiomara's reaction to being Grace Jones felt pretty colorist and it turned me off a bit. It's one thing to be offended because she didn't want to, pretty much, do blackface. But her offense seemed to be in thinking Grace Jones is ugly which...girl come on! I did enjoy her endlessly talking shit about Camille and Catie all episode though lol.

7. April - April taking minute things way too seriously like a simple workout challenge at a gym is why I love her ❤️.

8. Sara - Invisible this episode.

9. Yoanna - She was pretty much fine this episode, but it was because she was invisible.

Photo Ranking:

y738ZA3.png

One of the all-around best results of a photoshoot. Really, everyone delivered here which made it difficult to rank. I love the photoshoots where we get to see the girls each embody different characters.

1. Mercedes - Duh, this is an iconic photo. Mercedes tapped into a deep place emotionally here and delivered a flawless shot.

2. Xiomara - Ignoring the styling, Xiomara objectively killed this photo. It is so powerful and so fierce. Easily her strongest photo of the competition.

3. Camille - She really embodied Diana Ross here and became the diva.

4. Yoanna - Simple, but elegant. I don't think Yoanna really stepped outside her comfort zone here, but I suppose she didn't have to.

5. Catie - I think this is an amazing Marilyn Monroe impression. My problem is, it feels like an impression and not that she ~became~ her. I still like the shot obviously though.

6. Shandi - I don't see Nicole Kidman at all, but it's a really strong shot.

7. April - A bit forgettable, but still gorgeous.

8. Jenascia - The pose gets a 9/10, but the face is like a 4/10 at best.

9. Sara - She didn't fully commit here. It's fine, but she could've done so much more and brought so much more to the shot.

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 4)

Cycle 2 - Episode 5 - The Girl Who Is a Visual Orgasm

3MpNGpK.png

Camille and April having an interesting discussion about how difficult it is for Black and Asian women to break into the modeling world.

HqVOicS.png

April being extremely open and honest about how she isn't very connected with her Japanese heritage and she doesn't want to pretend like she is.

TdGpnM7.png

Lol Mercedes still not talking about her lupus even though Tyra is dying to have the Moment with her ❤️

laIfHM0.png

"Superior, relentless, headstrong, defiant, outspoken, cunning, agressive, opinionated, demanding, and single-minded 🙂" Lmaooooo the girls did not hold back in their review of Camille

qM34Zf0.png

Camille is over this challenge already ❤️

vJ8uLGt.png

Shandi talking about how her boyfriend is the person she loves the most and he's the only one who's consistently been there for her.

2tsBON0.png

Sara opening up about how difficult it has been to lie for her father and how scared she is of him disowning her :broken:

cEWv41a.png

Mercedes still struggling with fighting the lupus alone, whew this episode is emotional.

qnuM5p3.png

Lmao Tyra bringing out a psychic to try to get Mercedes' secret out of her, Mama TyTy is desperate for her storyline ❤️

"Something's burdening you"

"I don't know 🙂"

ciZ7tEh.png

Shandi breaking down as the psychic is talking about her family. There was literally no reason for this "psychic" visit, they're literally just spilling what we've heard in confessionals.

FrTatJA.png

Camille: Some people may call you a bitch

Janice: That was offensive to me. I'm in the PTA :dead:

SblHded.png

Omg I remember Shandi's drug past, but I do not remember her being involved in a robbery and being on probation for two years 😮

7I3UShH.png

Mercedes deciding to open about her lupus right in time for the reward ❤️.

swb2f2v.png

Queen of scamming her way into a shopping spree by playing the lupus card at the right time :wub:

bfWH7py.png

Camille vogueing in the tank for the photoshoot :dead:

KuT2B1V.png

This photoshoot was a mistake :dead:

kAAfsrm.png

Mercedes and Sara were having a moment with their moms visiting, but of course Mama TyTy had to bring her mom and upstage them :wub:

UpJIeRl.png

Tyra bragging about all her amazing work she does in the world full with footage lol

cMjOns8.png

April learning she has to embrace her Japanese ethnicity even though she's mixed because she looks Asian and she'll have to compete with other Asian girls in the industry :broken:. It all is just so cruel, but also sadly accurate. April's analytical mind always fascinate me, but watching her basically weigh out the pros and cons of identifying as Asian is extremely fascinating.

ny0MxNW.png

It's shocking how long Sara is holding onto her secret of being on the show from her family. The fact that her mom visited her and yet it's still a secret from half her family.

ViIb1Y4.png

"Your hair looks like a cockatoo there and here" Janice :dead:. Lol @ Janice calling her picture the worst she's ever seen in her life idk about that :dead:

MHhYqBy.png

"As you may know I'm America's Next Top Model 🙂"

CFqJjlh.png

I love Shandi and Xiomara's friendship and I'll miss them together 😭

kHP5ntq.png

And then there were 7...

Cast Ranking:

ooggc3t.png

Sob story week! This episode felt like an American Idol audition where we got to learn everyone's sob stories. It kinda annoyed me how forced it all seemed. We had a talk with Tyra, we had a talk with a psychic, we had an interview with Janice. Like obviously Sara's backstory is interesting, but I didn't need to hear it repeated three times to different people. Watching them all tell the same stories over and over again definitely took away from how invested I remained (and don't get me started on the psychic of it all which I found ridiculous).

1. Mercedes - All the different storytelling sessions was almost worth is for Mercedes dragging her lupus storyline out for as long as she could until she dropped it at the perfect time to win the reward :wub:. Obviously I don't want to minimize what she was going through, but it just made me laugh that she finally told her story when there were actual stakes ❤️.

2. Camille - In a very emotional episode, Camille brought so much levity to the table. Camille reading off the horrific list of words everyone used to describe her got the biggest laugh out of me all cycle. Also her performance at judging was amazing.

3. April - April's storyline I found to actually be really well done. Her conflict with how she sees herself as a mixed race person is just extremely compelling. And it's all done in April Way where she discusses it so clinically which is just such an unusual way to hear something like being a mixed race discussed. I feel like a lot of her thoughts may be controversial, but I think it's okay because it's her own personal journey.

4. Shandi - Everything about Shandi's storyline is heartbreaking. Shandi finally finding a family amongst the other girls in the house ❤️. Knowing her bf is the only person she has back home...let's just say seeing this on a rewatch and knowing what's coming makes it even more harrowing to watch.

5. Sara - Secretly competing on a reality show without her dad knowing is obviously wild. I feel for Sara.

6. Xiomara - She wasn't always the biggest character, but I enjoyed her and I'm going to miss her.

7. Yoanna - Didn't really do anything. Her and Catie were completely interchangeable, but I felt bad constantly putting Yoanna last so I knocked her up a spot lol.

8. Catie - No sob story for Catie.

Photo Ranking:

eFid4RF.png

Mess! Yeah, this isn't a shoot we needed...at all :dead:. I can't hold my breath underwater and go underwater with my eyes open, I'd totally flop worse than Xiomara :dead:. It was just a pointless challenge for the girls and all it revealed is that April can do anything ❤️.

1. April - Duh. How she produced one of the best photos of the season in one of the most difficult settings proves she's a star :wub:

2. Catie - A difficult and really impressive pose. I wish the face didn't read as "shocked" but at least she's giving me some sort of emotion underwater.

3. Yoanna - It's definitely one of her weaker shots, but still stronger than everyone else :dead:

4. Sara - The judges overrated this picture. It's okay but nothing all that great.

5. Camille - I like the personality she's showing off in her pose. I just don't think her face matches the pose (and I wish she had more neck)

6. Mercedes - Mess

7. Shandi - Mess

8. Xiomara - One of the worst photos in ANTM history :wub:

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2 - Episode 5)

In a surprise twist, it turns out that Xiomara was the one that needed 6 weeks of modeling school. I thought she definitely had potential, especially for a show like this that has an emphasis on charisma etc.... but she could not deliver. I think her portfolio is one of the worst of all time, especially among portfolios with at least 5 photos. 

On 6/6/2021 at 5:51 PM, FrogLenzen said:

In a surprise twist, it turns out that Xiomara was the one that needed 6 weeks of modeling school. I thought she definitely had potential, especially for a show like this that has an emphasis on charisma etc.... but she could not deliver. I think her portfolio is one of the worst of all time, especially among portfolios with at least 5 photos. 

I love Xiomara's look and personality. But yeah, other than the Grace Jones picture her portfolio was sadly horrible.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:11 PM, Gonzalo said:

They kick My ass from the show is coming, jajaaj for me Camille and Catie are the stars of the first half from the season XD, i miss one catie meltdown in this episode... 

I did not remember Catie that well going into this rewatch outside of her meltdown over her haircut. I'm pretty shocked by how main of a character she's been.