Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 23 - Episode 5)

Alex95

Cycle 22 - Episode 12 - The Guy Who Closed the Deal in Vegas

FasdPm3.png

Devin & Mikey are happy Mikey finally got FCO

AWK2GQT.png

Devin is still loyal to DMA but feels like there's been some tension between him and Mikey since Ashley has left.

QtiQGs4.png

Hadassah is pissed off she was in the B2 again and feels she has been letting go at the shoots.

Uk1nV7L.png

"No shade to you Lacey because you are an amazing model, but I feel like your face is exactly the same in each photo 💅"

k8Rz8uM.png

Lacey thinks she's gown the most in the competition and the others are just jealous of her.

SVL7rac.png

Hadassah & Mamé feel Mikey doesn't need the Tyra Suite so they decide to jump on the bed and invade it ❤️

sYHmG2R.png

Mikey decides this must mean Mamé and Hadassah want him

MfAkCcr.png

"I don't mind Hadassah and Mamé invading my bed. I want a threesome...right now ;)"

kvqKMd6.png

Hadassah does admit to having a little baby crush on Mikey.

WHY?! WHAT'S HAPPENING?! Hadassah's like the fourth girl to throw herself at Mikey???? In a house that had Nyle & Justin why the hell is everything throwing themselves at Mikey?????

68m7tfU.png

For the challenge they have to do a salon style runway show which means they walk around the entire room.

xgBY5Q8.png

Before the challenge, Hadassah decides to confront Kelly and let her know she didn't deserve to be in the bottom two ❤️

ptQoip4.png

"I was actually thinking it was gonna be Lacey 🙂. Like do you guys think she's perfect? What does she need to work on? 🙂"

9XwKzVP.png

"People were upset because I was asking questions and that's hurtful :("

9H1NziW.png

"So I felt really bad for Lacey. Something was going on during her first walk...and I wanted it to end 🙈"

TNfANFN.png

"I can't wear those :wacko:" Mamé gets mad when they put shoes way too big on her

QIowQ2c.png

But she owns the runway anyway as she always does!

PW7kgjL.png

JuLBczs.png

Hadassah twirls around like the pageant queen that she is ❤️

9I0Dmgk.png

"The twirl came natural to me ^_^. I wasn't thinking...I mean I was thinking but I wasn't thinking...that hard"

p42PwWF.png

Mamé wins the challenge and gets her fifth challenge win!

tYwjNPO.png

Hadassah decides to invade the Tyra Suite again

YAws0mx.png

Get a job...stay away from her!

W1abFVf.png

For the challenge they have to model a "fierceagram"?????

KoQmIaf.png

I love Miss J, but whenever she's in a photoshoot you KNOW it's gonna be trashy :giggle:

MbCSgoT.png

0V0ELD7.png

Devin is annoyed with how Mikey and Mamé are flirting at the photoshoot and feels they're not being fair to Ashley and Justin.

X2a5mO6.png

Mikey continues to push for a threesome with Mamé & Hadassah

Q11XWAX.png

"Mikey was definitely pushing a lot of weird stuff with Mamé and I...but we're in Vegas. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ;)"

oHTAZkU.png

Devin decides to call Mikey out for being a whore pretty much

EKMZ3XU.png

"Devin just really complains and gets jealous, almost like a female"

m8XCQc3.png

"You coddled Courtney, you coddled Ashley, and you smirked when they left! And then you had the audacity to say I just really want some pussy tonight!"

gRAl9db.png

"Do you have anything else to offer? You're 26 bruh!"

nH3D5Cm.png

But don't worry, Hadassah is here to let Mikey know Ashley wasn't shit anyway!

MRJ2Q2u.png

"MISS J AS A FURRY IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN :haha:" I can't believe I just heard Kelly Cutrone say the word furry

yGnWqC8.png

Devin argues back with Kelly about his photo that there's nothing he can do with his eyes and bone structure and that's just what his look is

ZOiURd4.png

Welp that was a fun season finale!

durvvQO.png

Hadassah hugging the judges goodbye, we love Miss Congeniality

SIBuFRS.png

aweHj3m.png

Such a grant exit from the queen :wub:

ORgxBIf.png

And then there were 5...

Posted (edited)

Cast Ranking:

lznvZLt.png

Unfortunately the final Hadassah showing, but man did she end on a high note! This episode was a lot of fun. I really loved the runway challenge and thought it was really well done. I was also kind of into all the drama this episode. It was a good one!

1. Hadassah - After the drama with Bella we got so much character development from Hadassah, but I'm so glad she let her inner troll come back out for her swan song. The Lacey draggings, the Mikey & Ashley homewrecking, the newfound bffmance with Mamé, the grandiose exit. A perfect character.

2. Mamé - Lol remember when I hated Mamé cause she was anti-Hadassah and now they're bffs so I stan :dead:

3. Devin - Oop sorry, Devin kinda ate this episode. He was totally righteous in his Mikey draggings cause Mikey is a whore who has no respect for women. I also felt for him at panel because I mean he was obviously cast for his look and now it feels like they're criticizing him for it. I'm nowhere near a fan, but I think this was a good episode for him.

4. Nyle - He existed.

5. Lacey - So glad she's finally getting dragged for being boring. She let Hadassah clown he to Kelly and literally didn't say a word for herself. Time to grow a backbone Lacey.

6. Mikey - I'm okay with his sex-positivity and his flirtiness. I'm okay with being a whore. I'm not okay with how he talks about women. It feels like they only exist solely for his sexual pleasure. He lets Hadassah clown Ashley, who he was supposedly with, just cause he wants to f*ck her. Everything Devin said about Mikey was 100% true.

Photo Ranking:

bFZUAtb.png

Such an ugly shoot. I was hoping we were moving onto something good with the dogs shoot but we're regressing again.

1. Hadassah - Idk I think I'm usually pretty objective with these rankings so call me out if I'm being a stan, but I really think this was the best shot of the week? The closeup is STUNNING. Her best closeup of the competition easily. And I love how she's spreading her legs, I love the hand on Nyle. Maybe could've used a bit more energy, but I'm genuinely confused by her elimination because I think this was the best shot.

2. Mamé - A bit disjointed, but it's a strong shot.

3. Mikey - A little too boring for the brief, from a modeling perspective I think it's the strongest shot of the week.

4. Lacey - It's fine. Very uninspiring.

5. Devin - I was very conflicted about where to rank Devin. I had it as high as 3 and as low as 6. I ended up landing here. It's definitely one of the most intriguing shots of the week, but it's also sooooo out there and weird. Unlike the judges, I've never made it a secret that I just don't like Devin's look. It's unfortunate, but it's just a major detractor in all his shots for me.

6. Nyle - This is terrible, easily his worst shot of the competition. He simply has no pants on, he's not doing anything. He looks lost & confused, maybe a bit surprised. There's no party going on besides the people around him. Definitely should've at least been in the B2 for this.

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 22 - Episode 12)

Cycle 22 - Episode 13 - The Girl Who Took a Shot in the Dark

SPRp63P.png

Tyra informs the final five they are "fierceprenuers" and will have to come up with a business idea for the upcoming challenge since they can't model forver.

nIeb5uh.png

The winner of the challenge gets $2500 to kickstart their business proposal (lol as if you can start a business with $2500)

fU2ZSRt.png

ANTM turning into Shark Tank

7exqy5Q.png

Devin is, of course, a hot mess during his presentation.

yKT24EE.png

Wow such groundbreaking work from Lacey!

YiIjmKQ.png

Oop not Mamé stumbling through her presentation.

OZqGN14.png

Not fake ass Devin pretending to be bffs with Mikey again after he won the challenge!

MrDQTmf.png

Before the photoshoot, they're camping out in a cabin

y5aW2Y6.png

Because they're posing in the pitch dark in the middle of the woods!

fl04xLh.png

Nyle has trouble communicating with Yu Tsai during the photoshoot due to the darkness.

hBqsMTb.png

Devin roots against Mamé since the two of them have the lowest challenge score.

VusWZYh.png

But unfortunately for him she slayed

gcH4eVX.png

Nyle & Lacey decide they'll cuddle together in the cabin.

1z0vIrh.png

And Mikey & Mamé decide to cuddle too even though she's ~official~ with Justin

IcrdW9r.png

And Devin's cuddling with a bottle of wine

z4MTcoP.png

The next day Mamé feels bad for what happened, but assures everyone Justin is The One and not Mikey.

kExT1qX.png

"Devin why do you keep talking about how you have this huge modeling career? If you're such a big happening model what the hell are you doing on America's Next Top Model :kissbye:"

aI2l3De.png

"I think your fragrance should be called delusion" Oh wow...

c7xcwue.png

As if Nyle was ever gonna get cut over Devin lmao

AaXA4SV.png

And then there was 4...

Cast Ranking:

tkf8vX9.png

Yeah this post-Hadassah world is miserable.

1. Nyle - Idk? I felt bad for him at the shoot.

2. Devin - I can't ever put Devin first, but he's infinitely more tolerable now that he hates Mikey and Kelly eating him was hilarious, but I suppose that's a Kelly moment.

3. Lacey - Omg small town girl so boring. But get it gurl if she gets to cuddle with Nyle!

4. Mamé - Cheating on Justin for Mikey?! Stand up Mamé!

5. Mikey - Hate him.

Photo Ranking:

xshNPNC.png

One of the better shoots at the season. Making them shoot it in the dark and then camp was torture, but I guess that's what we watch ANTM for.

1. Mikey - Very strong and powerful. Probably my favorite photo from Mikey this cycle.

2. Mamé - It seems like she was making some dynamic shapes at the shoot so I'm a little disappointed they went with her test shot. But it's still a great shot.

3. Lacey - It's good, but I agree with the judges that she looked more like a dancer than a model.

4. Devin - I think this was an improvement from a lot of his previous shots, but still not amazing.

5. Nyle - Oof just an awful two-week stretch for Nyle here.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 22 - Episode 13)

Cycle 22 - Episode 14 - The Guy Who Was a Momma's Boy

dFITdcq.png

I can't keep doing this...this is worse than Renee falling for Marvin!

3wU6igp.png

Mamé assures us that the night in the cabin has led her to be confident that she wants Justin, not Mikey.

GcFw3s1.png

It's Chrissy Teigen pre-cancellation again!

xLNJRKl.png

And of course Mikey flirts with her.

uquiXQa.png

I miss Seventeen and Ann Shoket 😭

slFXE5m.png

For the challenge, they're shooting mock Nylon covers in order to impress the public.

SbBobOc.png

Of course the public avoids choosing the WOC.

b39Zkpt.png

Luckily some women start coming through for Mamé!

Nz6BRSC.png

But really the people on the street are choosing who they're horniest for.

axIhjkH.png

And it's Nyle who wins the challenge!

Avp3qAq.png

Nyle thinks Mamé's most at risk to go home because her photos have been average throughout the competition (you're one to talk :rolleyes:)

NVDs5Bf.png

Mamé feels like the public didn't ~understand~ the regal lewk she was going for at the challenge.

p4EaFOr.png

Tyra reveals her mom will be shooting them this week!

EzwLoDg.png

Mamé struggles with not having her parents in her life as often as the others' parents are.

FQbkUkX.png

And Tyra reveals everyone will be shooting with their moms!

cFNmv3c.png

Nyle is happy to be around another deaf person lol

m8npwDV.png

Mamé is shocked and overwhelmed by seeing her mom!

rCEzXyA.png

Mikey's mom is excited to be modeling because she feels like she's never done anything for herself.

BFhEVr5.png

Lacey gets emotional talking about her parents divorce and how she blamed herself for it as a kid.

iQk7ncX.png

AO3UKw7.png

Tyra and Nyle casually teaching his mom to model lmao

adhr5Ux.png

Mamé struggles getting her mom to break out of her shell.

4hdDtUH.png

But then they make her dance and channel Donna Summer lol

tJwxYPq.png

Crown Mamé's mother America's Next Top Model right now!!!!!!

6hZgb6f.png

This is the most sob story episode of ANTM ever.

FpXCJp1.png

Despite struggling at the challenge, Mamé gets FCO after killing the photoshoot!

4ArWqfI.png

Omg it's a tie and that totally wasn't pre-planned at all!!!!!!

U1BukA6.png

And Tyra reveals no one is going home pretends_to_be_shocked.gif

Ru8c4D8.png

However she reveals only one guy and one girl will be moving on to the final runway.

Cast Ranking:

7GqPirY.png

This is like the family visit episode of Survivor. I'm glad for them having this ~moment~ but I don't think it's very compelling when I have no stakes in these people's familial relationships. I guess it was cute enough.

1. Mamé - She's the only one I felt I had emotional investment in. Her story is actually really interesting and I was fascinated by her interactions with her mother. I've been pretty meh on Mamé as a character this cycle, but she kinda won me over here.

2. Nyle - I liked him.

3. Lacey - I liked her.

4. Mikey - I liked his mom.

Photo Ranking:

vU8kotf.png

I do really love this shoot. The costumes and the production of it all. And Tyra's mom was a better photographer than the dude they've had all cycle oop.

1. Mamé Rainbow - I'm kinda just naming them by their outfits. But Mamé's mom here!!!! Omg!!!!! Literally better than the majority of the shots in ANTM history lmao. Mamé's also so confident and so fierce here. Photo of the cycle!

2. Nyle Silver - His eyes, his mom's profile, the way he's protecting her. This shot gives me chills.

3. Mamé Gold - Mamé's mother isn't eating as much here, but Mamé certainly is. I've always known Mamé has a strong face, but I've never quite noticed it as much as I do here. This is stunning.

4. Mikey Floral - I love the tenderness of this shot and you can see the love the two of them have for each other here.

5. Nyle Checkered - Nyle's mom is really strong here. He's good, a bit safe.

6. Lacey Blue - It's good, but a bit forgettable.

7. Mikey Black - They're a bit too disconnected here and I hate the way Mikey's mouth is open.

8. Lacey Hat - I just don't get this shot at all, from the styling, to the pose, to the way they're connected. Probably my least favorite photo of Lacey's in the competition.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 22 - Episode 14)

Cycle 22 - Episode 15 - Finale Part 1: The Girl Who Made a Splash

eKkKD9X.png

nYzwJr5.png

The house split into Nyle & Lacey vs. Mikey & Mamé

XTaBeP3.png

Mikey and Mamé continue to discuss what happened in the cabin and are afraid of Justin knowing about it through Devin.

1hbUqRJ.png

We love a high fashion photoshoot!

mu6ovq4.png

Lacey starts playing with a dog while Mamé is shooting.

8k5ZDJI.png

And the photographer gets inspired and starts shooting Lacey instead of Mamé lmao

Yp32qPc.png

Mamé's face card never declines.

9qNKL66.png

Before panel, Mamé works on her presentation and hopes she can redeem herself from her least trainwreck.

Hv1MCUI.png

Lol Nyle, so simple ❤️

Oe7KBvT.png

Everyone is back for the final runway show!

63HkaLy.png

Ashley was upset and hurt when she heard the rumors about Mikey and Mamé but she also didn't expect more from him lol.

rLJiWkT.png

Don't worry, Hadassah is here to fill Mamé in immediately on the rumors.

3rlGqh9.png

And Justin confronts Mamé even though she's trying to keep her head in the game.

TqcdJze.png

Mamé still finds Justin dreamy even when he's mad at her lol.

tlIohHN.png

Hadassah declares she's #TeamMamé in this finale, we love an enemies to friends storyline :wub:

j4u8Vu7.png

And Keith is back for final runway if anyone cares.

NStXUJm.png

And the moms are back to support their kids before final runway.

BEILYNn.png

And while everyone's hugging their moms Tyra comes in and tells them it's time for them to do their presentations and eliminate two more.

Dn3T8Hn.png

But not till next episode!

Cast Ranking:

nCs628B.png

How many times do I have to say it? Two episode finales are AWFUL! Please make it stop!!!!!

1. Lacey - Idk her stealing Mamé's thunder with a dog was funny I guess.

2. Nyle - You better boringly get that crown!

3. Mamé - Idk it doesn't sit well with me how much she's trying to downplay what happened between her and Mikey in the cabin. If she and Justin decided to go exclusive before he was eliminated, you just can't casually make out with other guys.

4. Mikey - The worst, etc. etc.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 22 - Episode 15)

Cycle 22 - Episode 16 - Finale Part 2: America's Next Top Model Is...

0JQa5LX.png

These powerpoint presentations to become America's Next Top Model are so cheesy lol

GGxrHwi.png

"I'm trying to give the youth the love, the attention, the affection that I didn't get"

Mamé's mom: 👁️👄👁️

5Lkfr60.png

Can you imagine getting eliminated while topless lol

PkWFinz.png

Nyle really glowed up!

yTJnpIt.png

Un2rei1.png

The boys powerpoints are so basic compared to the girls :dead:

W3jioIT.png

Eek Mikey starts crying during his presentation.

XkxJxdn.png

And Tyra names Nyle our male finalist!

W0MZrF6.png

Omg noooo Mikey's mom 😭. Why are you doing this Tyra?!

L6L8aDK.png

And then there were 3...

3vIRej1.png

And Mamé is chosen as our female finalist!

Zdk5PNl.png

This is a hot ass final two ngl

iSwSQgQ.png

And then there were 2...

QDM4CNB.png

Lol @ Miss J randomly opening the runway show.

sGzsbDh.png

Why are they pretending to play violins :dead:

06GWYFz.png

1bxJiKK.png

Devin is, of course, a mess

LV5x932.png

Justin feels there's still a lot more to talk about with Mamé, but he's calmed down and he's rooting for her still

zWmLmE6.png

Nyle's win was inevitable, but Mamé ATE Nyle up on the runway

kTvbnMg.png

Wow it's like they know what I say at the end of each episode recap.

NgrzyyQ.png

Mamé getting more prizes than multiple winners :wub:

DzMN99K.png

This final two deserved bette final lewks!

uw6GjeB.png

EwKgvb9.png

FNDJKAFNDJSALFNLAJNF :dead:

76uBnWq.png

And Nyle wins!

41ZFqgV.png

Lmao I love Mamé's mom so much ❤️

wVvYUaV.png

Nyle is hoping he can prove the deaf community can do everything hearing people can do

e1NccX2.png

And then there was 1...

Cast Ranking:

8OWyY3s.png

This was a shockingly good finale. Well not good, but better than it's been in years. It felt like a classic finale. Elimination in the first 15 mins, final runway (that was relatively normal and didn't go on ridiculously long) and then winner reveal.

1. Mamé - This is mainly a high ranking for Mamé's mom because I'm obsessed with that woman lol. But yeah, Mamé was very obviously robbed.

2. Nyle - Congrats dude.

3. Mikey - Also got bumped up thanks to his angelic mom.

4. Lacey - Sorry Lacey, no one's pining for a Small Town Girl to win ANTM.

Photo Ranking:

8yE9fmC.png

It was a good campaign. Such a weird final photoshoot, but I guess it's all about the client. I wasn't sure how I'd rank these separately or together, but I was too lazy to create extra columns on my excel sheet lol.

1. Lacey Outside - I love the attitude and it's one of her most interesting closeups of the competition. Great photo!

2. Nyle Room - This is his signature look and it never misses.

3. Mamé Outside - I love her leg on the bags, this is a fierce photo.

4. Lacey Room - There's something innocent about this, but still so editorial.

5. Lacey Lobby - I'm honestly so impressed with Lacey in this campaign, this is the best she's done in weeks.

6. Mamé Lobby - Her skin! Her face! I'm in love!

7. Nyle Outside - Very handsome and mysterious.

8. Mamé Room - It's a little too stiff, but it's still a good shot.

9. Mikey Room - It's good, but a little bland.

10. Mikey Outside - Also good but bland.

11. Mikey Lobby - This doesn't look like an editorial shot at all, it looks like it belongs on a brochure.

12. Nyle Lobby - Easily the worst shot of the spread for me. The way he's leaning does not work at all and his hand looks randomly huge. 

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 22 - Episode 16)

Cycle 22 - Overall Ranking

ANTM isn't dead after all! This was definitely a strong improvement from last cycle. I mean there was nowhere to go but up if we're being honest. As far as a modeling competition goes, this cycle sucked. This is sneakily one of the worst set of shoots in ANTM history. I liked the final two shoots, but truly nothing stands out amongst ANTM history. Which I think brings me to my next point that this cycle was not a modeling competition at all. I feel like they really stepped away from that. Neither the contestants nor the judges seemed to be looking to crown the next top model. I mean they did multiple presentations throughout the season about their story and what they're looking for in the future and literally none of them said they were looking to simply be a working model. The were looking for a personality. A brand ambassador. An influencer. So with finding Nyle, easily one of the biggest names to come from ANTM, I suppose they've succeeded. I kinda liked how openly they embraced not doing that. It felt like a different show, but this time in a good way. And luckily the cast embraced the madness of it all. There was one person in particular who feels like an old school character that I'm grateful we've found 22 cycles into the show. But I did like the cast in general, I feel like I got to know almost everyone. There was heroes, there was villains, there was anti-heroes. Just a strong, well-rounded cast of personalities. Obviously this doesn't compare to the classic seasons, nothing ever will, but for what it is I truly enjoyed this season!

1. Cycle 3

2. Cycle 6

3. Cycle 2

4. Cycle 5

5. Cycle 1

6. Cycle 14

7. Cycle 8

8. Cycle 4

9. Cycle 18

10. Cycle 12

11. Cycle 16

12. Cycle 13

13. Cycle 22

14. Cycle 20

15. Cycle 10

16. Cycle 9

17. Cycle 19

18. Cycle 11

19. Cycle 7

20. Cycle 17

21. Cycle 15

22. Cycle 21

Cast Ranking:

3VOIJcu.png

1. Hadassah - A modern day legend. Hadassah is everything. She is one of the funniest personalities we've had on the show in years. She is a natural villain without crossing the line. She is ~above it all~ but isn't afraid to get messy and embrace the show. She had a great underdog story. She had a growth arc. She's a fan favorite and an icon and I love her :wub:

2. Courtney - My favorite fish out of water storyline in a long time. This one is definitely real. There's no way anything about Courtney is fake. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first time she ever left her house! Throw her on a reality show and it's just a recipe for disaster. Courtney had no social grace. She tried, oh did she try. And her efforts always failed.

3. Mamé - Mamé is certainly interesting. There were times I LOVED her (challenge domination, dragging Stefano, friendship w/ Hadsasah). And then there were times I did not f*ck with her (cheating on Justin with Mikey, fight with Hadassah, boring showmance stuff). Having said that, I'm glad we had her. I'll take the bad for the good. She was a complex and interesting character who definitely elevated the cycle.

4. Ava - Unfortunately just an early boot at the end of the day, but she was fiery, she was always on the right side of fights, and she was fun. Definitely the biggest surprised of the cycle after her disastrous casting episode.

5. Nyle - He is fine and he won. There's really not much to say about him. He's not a shining star personality. He represented the deaf community very well. I sympathized with him times throughout the cycle. When I go through my favorite ANTM character he's certainly nowhere near the top of the list, but I've got no beef with him.

6. Bella - If only she didn't have that wretched buyback episode. Would've easily been top three. Look Bella was a bit Much from day one. I chose to embrace the madness of her. She was frequently on the right side of fights and while I could tell she was thirsty for drama, I don't think she was ACTIVELY seeking it 24/7. Until the buyback episode. Just a pathetic display from Bella and really highlighted a lot of her bad qualities that I had been ignoring for the sake of rooting for her. I still don't dislike her by any means, but I'm not quite the fan of her as I thought I would be when she was eliminated.

7. Justin - He's very hot. He can be a bit cringe with the J-Smooth persona or whatever. Overall he was boring. But he was funny at go-sees, showed up to panel without pants once, and I felt bad for him in the finale with Mamé. So I lean on the side of liking him.

8. Lacey - She came, she modeled well, and she left. Being a small town girl does not work as a storyline when Courtney exists in the same cycle. And being formerly fat or having divorced parents really isn't special at all so that didn't work either. Lacey lasted the whole cycle, but I have nothing to say about who she is as a person. I think she lacked a bit of backbone, but she's only 18. I'm sure she's grown.

9. Dustin - He had his moments. I like how unseriously he took the competition, yet robbed a buyback spot from people who would kill to be there lol. But he merely existed to be destroyed by Hadassah twice. So thank you for your service.

10. Delanie - ANTM gave us 13 storylines for 13 characters and just thought we'd be okay if we ignored Delanie. They were probably right.

11. Ashley - Harmless on her own, but all I think about is DMA when it comes to her so bye girl.

12. Stefano - He's lucky Mikey exists so his sexism seems less yikes in comparison and he's lucky he f*cked off early so I didn't really think about him after the fourth episode.

13. Devin - His late game crusade against Mikey bumped him up a few points in my book. He was the only one willing to tell Mikey about himself towards the end of the competition. But wow those first two episodes were a chore to get through with Devin. He just repeated the same stock phrases over and over again with no charisma. He sucked all the energy out of a scene whenever he was in it. Just an awful character.

14. Mikey - Truly just a pig. Women only existed if they were useful to him in a sexual way. Otherwise he just pretended they weren't around. One of the most sexist men I have ever watched on tv.

Top 10:

OPP5KuG.png

I think there was some strong models this cycle. The shitty photoshoots was a main contributing factor into having trouble determining a top 10. But here we are:

1. Mamé's Mother (Rainbow Outfit)

2. Ava's Veterans

3. Nyle's Dogs

4. Mamé's Sportswear

5. Nyle's Mother (Silver Outfit)

6. Hadassah's Dogs

7. Mamé's Mother (Gold Outfit)

8. Lacey's Zappos Outside

9. Mikey's Night Creatures

10. Ava's Sportswear

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 22 - Overall)

And that's it for the UPN/CW era of ANTM! We are finally in the home stretch! Just two cycles let (and I should probably take rewatch out of the title because these are truly first watches for me, I haven't seen a single second of either of these cycles)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Cycle 22 - Overall Ranking

14. Mikey - Truly just a pig. Women only existed if they were useful to him in a sexual way. Otherwise he just pretended they weren't around. One of the most sexiest men I have ever watched on tv.

Had to correct this one. 🥲

Cycle 23 - Episode 1 - Business, Brand, Boss

J0puXsp.png

We are back and rebranded baby!

iJ0e31w.png

"I was made fun of as a kid for being a redhead. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but bitch you don't even faze me" Wow she has such a way with words.

qp5aI1w.png

Giah...not the flag shirt and tractor casting video!

8mViADr.png

Wayament I thought Tyra was gone :dead:

U2idbPs.png

But don't worry, she revealed she won't be here but she will be watching you 👀

64jvGzE.png

We've got identical twins again, Michelle & Amanda are shook!

dNKjYhE.png

Meet our new host, Rita Ora!

EABxhiN.png

Don't worry the girls still scream at the casting episode like they do with Tyra Banks!

tv2H9UX.png

SytMHvc.png

ifNAPvo.png

And our new judges Ashley Graham, Drew Elliott, and Law Roach!

GQmWKlg.png

And the girls are getting thrown straight into go-sees on the casting episode :dead:

Uu8P5gU.png

CoryAnne is yelled at to redo her walk because it's terrible 🙈

VoQmyTI.png

Justine raced down that runway like she was late for something :dead:

mOymhmP.png

Okay the twins are two different people, let them do things separately :dead:

dhfShIU.png

Starr and Kyle start flirting and are feeling each other.

yiUGPlR.png

Quei starts talking shit about the twins and how being twins is their only shtick.

FPnMutU.png

Courtney calls Quei out that she's not being fair as she hasn't gotten to know them.

9ZRMICz.png

"I'm gonna give you some water and I want you to nourish those Chia Pets on your eyebrows!" Oof that's a read!

hetyrPb.png

And Courtney begins crying because she paid $100 for her eyebrows lol

8vYhdzf.png

Rita says they're not only looking for a top model but also a businesswoman (aka America's Next Top GirlBoss)

ZVQeaPz.png

Marissa's sob story is about how her mom had her at 15 years old and her dad has been incarcerated all her life.

zdj8C5Q.png

Tatiana is told she was in the top three at her go-see!

DNzzYvw.png

Paige unironically calls herself the definition of a girlboss lol

4YEnNbl.png

Justine talks about how her mom doesn't support her modeling career and she never even told her she's going on the show lol

MnfVWAZ.png

Cherish says she was once told she had to fill in her upper lip if she wanted to get signed by an agency.

ovrfYoT.png

"If someone told me to fill in my upper lip I'd give them the middle finger :kissbye:"

gI7IoRq.png

The judges proceed to lose their minds over Kyle's #lewk

wayKEWc.png

Coryanne's mom was one of the most famous models in the 90's (so what the hell is she doing on this show :dead:)

Zz7ti2F.png

Quei opens up about being a trans woman and cries talking about her experience.

u6cGnXL.png

While that's going on, the other girls talk about how Quei was picking on the other girls in the car 🙈

qt8F7K0.png

But then Quei finishes her audition and walks out awkwardly joining the group lol

8eIDtbn.png

"I feel like we should be joking around and having fun and not being bitches too each other ^_^"

l61m7zj.png

"I am a bitch though ^_^"

XOpvarc.png

Quei admits she can be sarcastic and apologizes if she said anything hurtful.

MNw0OSr.png

Courtney talks about being diagnosed with scoliosis as a kid and how she's been living on her own since she's been 17 when her mom kicked her out of the house.

Ndff4eD.png

Krislian talks about having a dance background from music videos and having 50,000 followers on instagram.

wqWaX6a.png

India talks about how she modeled internationally, but focused too much on the traveling instead of the modeling lol

Kv2ZjQf.png

Binta is originally from Ghana and is living her dream being here!

sLoMksI.png

Once again, the show pretends Cody & Tash are one single person lol

oD0WGV9.png

Giah cries to Ashley Graham about how she's her inspiration and she loves all that she's accomplished!

zc9QBLL.png

For the top 14 cast reveal if they make it into this club they're in the cast and if they don't they're out :dead:

nF2YjKv.png

Me waiting on the line for the club for an hour and then finding out the cover charge

gaO6oqB.png

7mTUjeq.png

Starr is sad she missed out on the top 14 and can't explore her crush on Kyle more (the homophobia!!!)

h2aBZO5.png

And Quei got cut too, VH1 ANTM said f*ck the LGBTQ+ community!!!!!

hcooDzE.png

But at least we got both twins lol

ksMYAH0.png

And we have our cast of 14!

Cast Ranking:

xGYCxUg.png

And now we enter a new era! Too bad we lose Kelly just as I was starting to become a fan lol. I'm not mad about all this new blood though. I think we needed something to shake it up. And I'm so glad the men are gone, which goes without saying. Loved seeing a single 40-minute casting episode. A solid return to form!

1. Courtney - Though I loved Quei and I'm sad she's not in the cast, I felt bad for Courtney cause Quei really came for her for no reason :dead:. But she seems fun and lowkey messy!

2. Cherish - No one really stood out hugely this episode, but I enjoyed some of her soundbites.

3. Marissa - She has main character energy, I'm intrigued.

4. Binta - I liked her storyline and I'm looking forward to seeing more from her.

5. India - Lol @ India going overseas and sightseeing instead of modeling ❤️

6. Kyle - Every time there's an androgynous girl on the show everybody loses their minds with thirst :dead:. Anyways, glad we got a one episode lesbian showmance I guess???

7. Justine - If I did a reality show I wouldn't tell my mom either :dead:

8. Cody - Go twins!

9. Tash - Go twins!

10. Tatiana - She seems strong and I wanna see more of her.

11. Krislian - If Tyra Banks were here I would already be able to 100% guarantee she'd be eliminated for being too sexy :giggle:

12. Coryanne - Nepobaby :yawn:

13. Giah - Not feeling all that Texas pride lol.

14. Paige - #Girlboss

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 23 - Episode 1)
On 8/9/2022 at 5:48 PM, Solaris said:

I think I'm in the minority but I really liked cycle 23, it had good energy. It's not like top tier season, but one of the best, 12+ seasons

Glad to hear, looking forward to seeing how I feel about it!

Cycle 23 - Episode 2 - Lights, Camera, Catwalk

sFD1FYA.png

Lol I have a childhood picture just like that (except a white guy instead of Asian girl)

oFf6BC4.png

Tatiana will gladly step over anyone who gets in her way of winning the competition.

rsxTvpa.png

RitAlert is the new Tyra Mail I guess!

XwCwG0G.png

No more Miss J as Stacey McKenzie is the new runway coach!

gtwYAZO.png

Tash loves her sister but also sees her as her biggest competition and has the strongest desire to win.

MIumXYC.png

yJAXMZB.png

Kyle leaves Stacey shook!

Vyzz6Sg.png

"If I were a designer I would not hire me after seeing that :wacko:"

8Dp4Jlb.png

But despite Kyle's walk, Squad 1 wins the runway practice!

Khezh5p.png

Paige talks about how she group in privilege and around no diversity and is hoping she can broaden her horizons during the competition.

dWwpkIP.png

"YOU'RE THE PERSON THAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO PROVE TO ALL MY FRIENDS THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE GOOD!" Literally all Paige said was black lives do matter the bar is on the ground :dead:. But I do appreciate Paige's efforts lol

MmhcbOT.png

Binta starts arguing the African viewpoint of BLM which leads into a whole new argument about where the black girls in the house come from

SKgM18Y.png

Paige has no idea what she just started :dead:

bHnhrk4.png

"I'm gonna be flatout honest and say Binta scares the shit out of me 😮"

CUOtvLa.png

"I'M AN AMERICAN! MY PEOPLE BUILT IT, WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR SO LONG!"

93oz7Ki.png

"SO WHERE DID YOUR PEOPLE COME FROM, THEY DIDN'T COME FROM MY PEOPLE?! :wacko:"

7rm4tXc.png

Stacey sits down with the girls and breaks down talking about her story of coming from nothing and being told by agencies that she was too ugly to be a model but she persevered!

AjNSIUh.png

And the winners of the lesson earlier gets extra practice on the runway with Stacey.

2eqwPr7.png

Before the shoot, the girls excitedly look through all the clothing options!

yF0Nwin.png

And Binta yells at them that they're being unprofessional and messing with the stylist lol

aCta8hW.png

Zendaya is now on her second episode of ANTM!

UVkDmj8.png

And the runway challenge goes straight into the first photoshoot cause no budget

k3KsXAc.png

Justine gets in trouble for the photoshoot cause she keeps spreading her legs lol

EHmXyX1.png

Zendaya picks Kyle as the winner of the runway challenge for some reason???

90LaYzy.png

And her prize is getting to take a selfie with Zendaya lol

VMp0k2B.png

Binta calls out the girls that they were doing too much at the photoshoot and they need to calm down and act more professional.

SU4iGtS.png

And Tatiana speaks out that she agrees with Binta.

fZyy15C.png

"I don't know some people are just extra in who they are ^_^ I am just an extra person ^_^"

t2Xv7Dj.png

"You've been extra on purpose I feel like :kissbye:"

REIdP4N.png

And Paige complains to anyone that will listen that she'll never change Who She Is for Binta or anyone.

ac6NCtB.png

Law Roach makes sure to clarify Kyle didn't win the walk challenge but the ~boss~ challenge lol

FfsPJ03.png

Coryanne fears she's gonna let her mom down as the daughter of a supermodel.

UdUL2XD.png

Krislian decides to go the route of arguing back with the judges ❤️

18XHcnz.png

Cody starts crying at panel because she's going last and it made her anxious lol

0dlIC8h.png

And she talks about feeling overshadowed by her sister and the judges make the two sisters hug

W2Qsa3Q.png

Despite her lack of confidence, Cody gets FCO!

GKSYByZ.png

Nepobaby Coryanne survives and we say goodbye to Justine

AGU8S9W.png

Who does not take it well

sOQsyUR.png

And then there were 13... (no fadeout??? I'm pissed!!!!!)

Cast Ranking:

y8LiPMB.png

The episode felt pretty rushed, and I feel like we didn't get to know half the girls, but I still enjoyed it! I'm still trying to get used to all these changes.

1. Binta - Unsurprisingly I love her. Extremely confrontational and mainly righteous. While I don't have much of an opinion on the Africa vs. America debate and I was curious about hearing more from their perspective, I love the fire she brought to the argument. And then I was totally with her with how #extra everyone was acting at the shoot.

2. Kyle - Lmao queen of winning a selfie with Zendaya despite having a shit walk cause she's a #boss!

3. Tatiana - Idk I just liked her in general.

4. Kristlian - I'm always gonna appreciate a girl who argues with the judges.

5. Tash - This twin thing is a loooooot different from Michelle & Amanda and I'm very excited to see how this rivalry unfolds.

6. Cody - See Tash (lol she would be pissed I put Tash first ❤️)

7. Justine - Aww she seemed c00t and sweet.

8. Courtney - Who? But still like her from episode one and looks like she'll be the main character again next episode ❤️

9. Marissa - Who?

10. Cherish - Who?

11. India - Who?

12. Giah - Who?

13. Paige - Idk she annoyed me, but also her heart was in the right place, but also that's not also a good excuse, but also I do think she was being extra for the sake of being extra. Idk I didn't want to put her last because she brought Something but idk if I like it.

14. Coryanne - No sympathy for the nepobaby with a shitty photo sorry.

Photo Ranking:

GoYxO6l.png

Welp I was hoping this new era would bring about better shoots. I was wrong.

1. Tash - She's taking up the frame so well and it's a great picture.

2. India - Very strong shot, doesn't even look like she's laying down.

3. Tatiana - There's something sophisticated about this shot I like.

4. Kyle - It's good.

5. Cory - It's good.

6. Binta - I like the ~vibes~ of this shot, she definitely looks like a celebrity.

7. Cherish - Fine.

8. Giah - Fine.

9. Justine - It's really not that bad lol. I like the closeup.

10. Courtney - I appreciate the risk, didn't really work for me.

11. Paige - Like the pose, hate the face.

12. Coryanne - Bad.

13. Kristlian - Bad.

14. Marissa - Terrible. The angle is all off and she doesn't even look like herself.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 23 - Episode 2)

Cycle 23 - Episode 3 - Make Your Mark

8mHJkq3.png

Tash is excited her sister got FCO and feels that helps encourage her as well.

aNEVg3H.png

Courtney meanwhile thinks the twins are getting a bit too confident and that's not her style.

S5mbX6N.png

Coryanne realizes she's never going to be her mom and hopes she can forge her own path.

0WARGmY.png

Courtney is frustrated because she's under the weather and trying to sleep while everyone's talking loudly.

MLGgJ66.png

And everyone pretty much calls her a diva and tells her to get over it lol

jUlg3Pw.png

"The right thing to do when someone is sick and let them sleep!"

Qiecq19.png

"You should've been like 'You guys look like you're having a good time and I don't want to ruin it for you so I'm gonna take myself downstairs where it's quiet'" What???? :wacko: This is the bedroom???????

yFvMHub.png

And for some reason Marissa decides to take over the argument despite the fact that this isn't even her bedroom

VV9zRDg.png

"You're very selfish 😭"

2Y7bez8.png

"AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL CANNOT BE DISLIKED BY EVERYBODY IN THE F*CKING HOUSE!!!!!" Oh yeah? Ask Laura lol

SNCOD5L.png

Luckily Giah and some of the girls have her back.

fe723lE.png

And Cherish confronts the girls for how they spoke to Courtney.

34j4gbI.png

Everyone receives cards that has their makeovers on it

HKNKQeY.png

And Cherish is the first to meltdown

O7KquCM.png

"Cherish is freaking out about becoming a redhead when she's already a redhead :wacko:"

IADdw2F.png

"My hair is virgin hair, it's never been touched!!!"

jmxjkWH.png

During makeovers, Ashley comes in and tells the girls they'll be posing completely nude for the photoshoot.

c6CpXBe.png

India is nervous because she told herself she'd never pose nude.

JdH3h8e.png

Tash is upset with her makeover and feels like it makes her look masculine.

cnh7j6h.png

"I'm not upset because the twins came for me hard last night 💅. I'm not saying karma's real but karma's definitely real ;)"

VUhpsBr.png

And Tash goes to meltdown in the bathroom lol

u69jB7v.png

Binta is clearly enjoying Tash's meltdown ❤️

KnxBGIb.png

"I KNOW WHO I AM ON THE INSIDE! I'M FLIRTY, I'M SEXY, I'M A ~SEDUCTRESS~"

RfBKVnI.png

"Imma worry about my look. And I'm gonna slay. Cause that's what a boss does :kissbye:" I think I'm obsessed with new judge Ashley Graham

aryYlS8.png

"I'm very flattered they would choose this for me...it's definitely something different 🙂"

nMoD2ev.png

"It looks like a smurf shit on your head...but in a good way"

LfMKhIq.png

jog7792.png

The other girls start taking nude test shots for fun while India contemplates whether or not she'll do the shoot

14RYuL5.png

14RYuL5.png"My hair is my trademark and my color is very rare!! It's like saying you would die your skin a different color!"

h4DQdjW.png

Lol

OEQqxfH.png

"Homegirl is like buggin'! She's crazy, that's all I can say"

Yrcnyc1.png

After some tears, India gets out there and does the shoot.

YzqncPG.png

"I was covered in pears and covering everything! So technically I wasn't nude MOM :kissbye:"

odYIoT9.png

Courtney is still feeling under the weather but committed to doing the shoot.

UIJOJwV.png

Later on in the night Marissa apologizes to Courtney (well kind of, in her own Marissa way lol)

X8RGtom.png

"Yes I do have an attitude problem and yes you will get checked, but this is not my opportunity to show whose the biggest bitch. If I wanted to be doing that I would have applied for Bad Girls Club"

sUibqsD.png

Rita applauds India for setting her limits at the shoot. Did she though?

DlChmXT.png

Despite all the drama and illness, Courtney gets FCO :wub:

qlX4fxd.png

Cherish is LIVID they sent her home right after they made her dye her hair and gives one of the most bitter goodbye interviews ever :dead:

I didn't mind Cycle 23! The shift from Tyra to Rita Ora and the whole #girlboss angle will always be hilarious to me considering how Rita's.. not really had much of a career in the US lmao. Such a jarring shift. But nevertheless, some good girls. And while you can never replace Miss J, Stacey McKenzie was also a brilliant replacement in runway coaching.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 23 - Episode 5)