Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

Cycle 4 - Overall Thoughts

No, this wasn't better than C3 lol. So let's just get that out of the way from the start. C4 has more Moments, I'll give it that. The flesh eating bacteria, Kahlen posing in a grave, Tyra yelling at Tiffany, the blackface photoshoot, "SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP", Rebecca fainting. These are all, undeniably, some of the most iconic moments in ANTM history. But other than Michelle's face and Rebecca fainting, they're also very uncomfortable moments that put a damper on the viewing experience. I do think with early reality tv you just have to look through it with an early 2000's lens or else you just can't enjoy it at all because sooooo much of it doesn't age well. I'm able to do that without excusing the ignorance of the time. However, C4 just has so many low moments that just make me cringe. I think the weakest part of C4 is their non-Moments. The moments in between the Moments. For the most part, it was just an average ANTM viewing experience. The girls participated in modeling challenges and photoshoots. Occasionally there was some minor tension and conflict. When things blew up, they really blew up. But I think what separates the great from the amazing is how entertaining it is when things aren't blowing up. And I don't think C4 hit a homerun there. I would hardly call it "bad", but it was probably my least favorite of the first four seasons.

Speaking of which...

1. Cycle 3

2. Cycle 2

3. Cycle 1

4. Cycle 4

Gonna start keeping up with this ;)

33AJmGs.png

1. Tiffany - Her two-season arc is nothing short of amazing. In C3 she gets cut in the semis after getting in a bar fight, devastated that she no longer wants to be the girl that fights. After anger management, we meet a calmer, more mature Tiffany who becomes a fan-favorite, and a mama bear to Brandy, who she sees as a previous version of herself. I'm so proud of Tiffany for much she's grown. While Tiffany has grown, she has not changed. She still has to fight her inner demons and bite her tongue. Tiffany was never right to be America's Next Top Model. She's not the giggly covergirl the show wanted her to be, and that's okay. I'm glad Tiffany never lost herself and instead showed the world what a real and amazing woman she is.

2. Brittany - The heart of the show. Brittany is such a lovable party animal. It's rare I watch someone on reality tv and just think, I really wanna hang out with that person, have a drink, and hear some stories. I could listen to Brittany tell stories all day. Brittany brought a lot of levity to a rather dark season a lot of the time (though her final episode was also a bit dark and some of her comments were a bit #yikes). I'm still grateful for her presence this cycle, and I still think she should've won.

3. Keenyah - I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised by Keenyah's lowkey presence in the first half of the cycle. I remembered her being a bigger character and I was disappointed. But when Keenyah finally blew up, it was amazing, Keenyah was the overseas villain we needed and I loved it. From her food storyline, to tackling people at go-sees, to being savage as hell at judging, to everything about that final four episode. Keenyah just delivered and single-handedly ran that second half of the cycle.

4. Michelle - After the flesh eating bacteria she dies off a bit, but I still love Michelle. She's the socially awkward bisexual wrestler every show needs. I found Michelle shockingly relatable at times, and also too cringe to watch (which is a compliment btw). Just a really fun character who I thoroughly enjoyed.

5. Kahlen - I haven't quite converted the Church of Kahlen Rondot yet, but I get the appeal. For me, she's a bit too overly serious. I prefer my ANTM girls to embrace the madness of the show and instead she was just judgemental at times. But I also got the dorky and relatable side of Kahlen. She has a very dry wit and sarcastic sense of humor that I do enjoy. And Kahlen doing That photoshoot after her friend died is nothing short of spectacular.

6. Brandy - Thank you for providing us with essentially the only drama between the girls this season until the final four. Brandy was #2Raw2Real at times, but the first couple episodes were a bit of a snore for me, so I appreciate Brandy livening things up. I think Brandy's a good person, she was just very young. I'm soooooooo glad she had Tiffany there looking out for her.

7. Lluvy - Lol Lluvy. I love me a girl who can't model who lasts way too long :wub:. I feel like they could've dragged her even further, but for Lluvy's sake I suppose I'm glad they dumped her when they did.

8. Christina - Poor Christina. They really dragged this girl through the mud just because she's boring :dead:. I always appreciate ANTM's ability to eliminate a boring girl for no reason at all :wub:. Do I stan Christina? Of course not, she's boring. But similar to Nicole last season, I'm glad that became a part of her storyline.

9. Rebecca - She was truly a Star in the episode she fainted all around. Too bad she did nothing literally any other episode.

10. Naima - I still no nothing about her. She won, but I don't know who she is. I know she has a rough backstory that she kept alluding to, but never really went into all that much detail. Who are her friends in the house? What makes Naima tic? I've got nothing. I thought Naima was funny on the go-sees so...that's what I've got! But for our winner, I shouldn't be struggling to come up with anything to say about her.

11. Noelle - Ugh I hate the mom character, but I gotta give her credit for her role in the bacteria storyline.

12. Brita - I really think she's an underrated beauty. Unfortunately, she's also an irrelevant first boot.

13. Sarah - She was doomed from the start. All I remember about her is her Karen haircut and vaguely talking shit about Lady Kat in the first episode of something.

14. Tatiana - She way overstayed her welcome and I never understood her point. Why did we need Tatiana to make it to 7th place? I think Tatiana really showed her ass in her fight with Brandy & Tiffany and I hope she's grown up from that point because the microaggressions flying out of her were really ugly. I also didn't like any of her pictures so she should've been sent home much sooner for that as well.

vbSJbel.png

So here's the final photo chart, and I threw in there my top 10 photos of the season. I'm not gonna write about them just because you can go back in the thread if you wanna find my thoughts on them. And if y'all use this against me in the ANTM photos rankdown I'm coming for your asses :kissbye:

1. Brittany's Kloofing

2. Michelle's Zodiac Signs

3. Kahlen's 7 Deadly Sins

4. Christina's Animals

5. Kahlen's Animals

6. Brittany's Animals

7. Brittany's Wonderbra

8. Naima's Dancing

9. Brittany's Gas Attendants

10. Michelle's Wonderbra

Tomorrow we start Cycle 5!

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 4)
14 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

C4 has more Moments, I'll give it that.

15 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

5. Kahlen - I haven't quite converted the Church of Kahlen Rondot yet, but I get the appeal.

15 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

5. Kahlen's Animals

You are so sweet giving me these crumbs and I'LL TAKE IT. We can still get married.

16 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

The Office Reaction GIF

[insert every gif that appears when you search "facts"]

I have no problem admitting that Naima was better but I hated that they discounted Kahlen's performance in the end. At least in Cycle 12 they acknowledged that Allison had a much improved runway before giving Teyona the win.

Portfolio battles are always my favorite part of the cycle and Naima's is... not good. They conveniently skipped comparing the Zodiac, Wonderbra, Kloofing shoots during the final judging. Brittany vs. Kahlen would have been a thrilling finale. But you can't have TWO models that Janice likes in the finale, that's a rule lololol. Also if the judges left Keenyah alone and didn't make her go crazy over the back half of the cycle, she could have been a more formidable opponent. 

Propose Jason Mantzoukas GIF by LoveIndieFilms

Lol yeah Tyra was reaching for the stars trying to come up with reasons why Naima should win. I think she just fit CoverGirl better and that was really it.

I'm pretty sure in real life they show all the photos, but yeah, it's convenient that for the show they edited out Naima's worst photos from the portfolio battle lol. No wonder Janice left after this cycle though :dead:

16 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

You are so sweet giving me these crumbs and I'LL TAKE IT. We can still get married.

Arrested Development GIF

Cycle 5 - Episode 1 - The Girl with the Twisted Catch Phrase

Hir7i8Y.png

Cassandra thinks her background in beauty pageants will give her a leg up.

TsKlpG6.png

"I have a lot of acquaintances but I have no friends and I don't really care actually...well yeah I do ^_^" Me in highschool

YU0gxoP.png

The girls giving a "Tyra Banks pose"

ac0oTHQ.png

Ebony running up to Tyra to give her a hug :dead:

MzMX1YT.png

Bre admitting she doesn't take baths sometimes because she's lazy :dead:

gwGeGeO.png

I love Dairy Queen!

MRtPIE2.png

Kim admits she's gay, to the surprise of no one

pQHyONj.png

"I'm a horrible example of what a Jehovah's Witness is supposed to be 🙂"

jnnoaIm.png

Nicole getting on her knees and begging to be chosen omg

hoq6vzo.png

Everyone getting annoyed with Nicole running around the store looking for chapstick lol

yevIZel.png

Nicole vs. Bre Part 1 :wub:

HAsU9nQ.png

"If Nicole keeps up her whining in the house I'm gonna stuff her in a closet and leave her there" :dead:

Ebfs6S5.png

"I love being a plus-sized model. Any obstacle in my way, you're gonna get run over by Big D :kissbye:"

iQ0ALWv.png

Susanna is fighting breast cancer ❤️

d0EoG3B.png

Lisa opening up about her bad relationship with her mom :(

Fsc1oaG.png

Uh oh, Nicole made her cup of ramen wrong!

3qSQboD.png

"Nicole...you have been complaining this whole time. Just give me 5 minutes without it. Just five!"

H0578S6.png

Everyone is tagteaming Nicole now :wub:

HGFPpmn.png

"MY NAME IS LATRICIA BUT MY FRIENDS CALL ME BABAY!"

jTL0i5i.png

Coryn talking about her mom whose a drug addict and her dad's out of the picture.

Fqtwrdh.png

"Don't *snaps* get it *snaps* twisted *snaps*"

fTQObFH.png

All the girls randomly telling Ebony she's fake and Jayla would want to punch her...? :dead:

JNhu39W.png

At the first cut we say goodbye to Susannangel :(

gVYkSIc.png

Same

4weh22X.png

Lol the losers having to sit in the audience at the fashion show is so cruel :dead:

fYi5K3z.png

Sarah tripping :wub:

qOD0Hc3.png

Lisa asking Tyra what it's like to work with Will Smith during her final one-on-one before eliminations :dead:

bLUbH06.png

Oh no, I just noticed Coryn's eyebrows 🙈

speY3ZJ.png

"The 13th name...DON'T GET IT TWISTED MISS EBONY!"

mv96Mfa.png

Regina deciding she's done showing emotions now that she got cut :wub:

fOFKvPY.png

And here's our C5 cast!

Cast Ranking:

zRmxPGF.png

I think this was a pretty fun premiere. Obviously nowhere near the iconic levels of the C3 premiere, but I thought it was better than the C4 premiere. Forcing the losers to watch the winners in the fashion show is the f*cked up shit I love from this show. And the beginnings of the Nicole vs. Bre war is a really fun precursor of things to come! Not an amazing episode, but I enjoyed it!

1. Bre - I'm gonna be going hard for Bre this season, just to let y'all know in advance :wub:

2. Ebony - "DON'T GET IT TWISTED!" Lol I didn't remember all the girls randomly hating her.

3. Diane - Boo Boo down on 3rd :wub:. Lol she was pretty funny.

4. Sarah - Tripping on the runway and still making it into the house :wub:

5. Kim - Loud and proud lesbian queen :wub:

6. Lisa - Lol @ Lisa getting the sweetheart edit this episode.

7. Coryn - Lol @ Coryn getting the sweetheart edit this episode.

8. Kyle - I liked how excited she was to meet different kinds of people.

9. Cassandra - Cassandra annoying people already ❤️.

10. Ashley - Idk I liked her voice for some reason.

11. Nik - Pretty much the only girl who got no content.

12. Jayla - Why did she randomly tell Ebony she would want to punch her if she could punch anyone in the cast???

13. Nicole - I'm sorry y'all, but I can't with this girl. She really gets on my last nerve. And that voice is just like nails on a chalkboard. I'm gonna try here, but I just know I can't do it!

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 5 - Episode 1)
7 hours ago, Alex95 said:

13. Nicole - I'm sorry y'all, but I can't with this girl. She really gets on my last nerve. And that voice is just like nails on a chalkboard. I'm gonna try here, but I just know I can't do it!

Buckle Up Comedy Central GIF by Drunk History

I get the feeling that Nicole is not going to experience any sort of Alex redemption whatsoever but I'll be here watching to find out lololol

14 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

stunner

I think you mean "chyap-styick"

Sociopathic queen!

Ugh I try not to think about Nicole's voice whenever I don't have to.

14 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Buckle Up Comedy Central GIF by Drunk History

I get the feeling that Nicole is not going to experience any sort of Alex redemption whatsoever but I'll be here watching to find out lololol

We'll see.......but don't get your hopes up :giggle:

12 hours ago, Deeee said:

Nicole is an absolute least fave of mine. Easily.

As she should be!

Cycle 5 - Episode 2 - The Girls Become Superheroes

OzsFw9q.png

The girls are going on a tour of celebrity homes to start the episode lol

g8kVPt3.png

Lisa drinks the apple cider right out of the bottle :wub:

0LvaGdS.png

"Even though I may have been raised more privileged than some people there's no reason to rub that in people's faces 🙂" Omg

ABd9cND.png

The final stop is their house!

lysLaMY.png

Bre: I went from working in a boutique to sleeping in one

j6UGDVZ.png

The girls are interviewing Kim about the ~gay lifestyle~

UCQiDjs.png

"I really did not like her, she drove me nuts 🙂" Queen Cassandra dragging Yoanna :wub:

bCOwSqc.png

Kim is completely clueless at the first fashion show :dead:

ZaQcBB1.png

Ebony decided to help Kim after Kim's bff Ashley completely snubbed her :giggle:

hMfq2VY.png

Nik sighting!

0yNK8SH.png

Sarah trips on another runway!

XrWTSM7.png

And again :wub:

B3etisv.png

And then Kim & Sarah randomly makeout in the limo after the show :dead: :wub:

pmIU2jn.png

"1 DOWN, 11 TO GO!" -Kim

y2f4gsA.png

"You know how sociopaths don't feel emotion so that's how they can kill people without ever feeling bad about it...only I never killed anybody 🙂"

uZv8iGA.png

:dead:

UWxm9Ok.png

Ashley: Dude you were sucking real bad, it was incredible!

o3MmaHZ.png

Lisa bragging about how amazing she's doing at the photoshoot :wub: (I mean she's right)

QiTu27Y.png

Coryn is terrified going up since she's afraid of heights.

meWbIJi.png

Miss J has joined the judging panel replacing Nole :wub:

cVqdwLl.png

And unfortunately we have lost Janice :( but now we have Twiggy :wub:!

4URmPE8.png

"You look like ET"

"Those are my initials..."

:dead:

2jdlVH2.png

"To be crushed SUCKS and to be crushed first SUCKS!"

pLO3v1k.png

And then there were 12...

Cast Ranking:

VFLi8hL.png

Very fun episode I thought! We got a runway show, photoshoot, judging, and still some drama and character moments between. Cassandra's a star of course and the Kim & Sarah makeout session is iconic. We didn't get to know a lot of girls, but that's usually the case with these early episodes. It was still a lot of fun.

1. Cassandra - I love this sociopath so much :wub:. She's just a completely crack'd pageant queen with no social interaction, randomly amazing at photoshoots and super high-fashion :wub:. She absolutely would've been endgame if she didn't quit.

2. Sarah - I've always had a soft spot for Sarah ❤️. She just seems like a pretty blonde girl, but she's actually a socially awkward dork having a bisexual awakening on national tv. We stan!

3. Lisa - Lisa just knows how to make good tv. She's a natural in the confessionals and she already knows how to push people's buttons. Really fun stuff from here!

4. Kim - "1 down, 11 to go!" is one of my all-time favorite ANTM quotes ❤️.

5. Ashley - She's the first first boot I'm actually really upset to see leave. I think Ashley had a lot of villainous potential we missed out on. I'm glad Sarah & Kim survived too through so I guess all the worthy first boots did well in the photoshoot (well they could've sent Nicole home first :giggle:)

6. Ebony - Still fun and likable!

7. Bre - Still fun and likable!

8. Coryn - Good for her, conquering her fear of heights without hysterically sobbing.

9. Diane - I like her!

10. Kyle - She's kinda just there, but not in a bad way.

11. Jayla - Jayla feeling herself up during her runway walk :wub:.

12. Nik - The Nik!Watch is on!

13. Nicole - She didn't do anything to annoy me, but neither did anyone else so it was easy to keep her in last place.

Photo Ranking:

abTDvvX.png

I liked the superhero photoshoot. It was a simple concept, made difficult with the random harnesses and stuff. A few girls killed this photoshoot and produced some of the best photos of the season, while everyone else sucked lol.

1. Lisa - This shot is straight fire! I love the placement of her hand, and her face is just to die for. Love it!

2. Cassandra - I agree with the judges, I did not expect pageant queen Cassandra to deliver. She's giving me supervillain realness in this photo though.

3. Nik - A really killer shot, Nik separated herself from the pack from day one.

4. Jayla - I wish she had more neck because it honestly could've been number one. Jayla's serving androgynous realness in this shot.

5. Bre - This really fits the brand well, I love how Bre contorted herself. Not the most modelesque looking shot, but I still like it!

6. Diane - A bit on the nose, but still solid.

7. Coryn - Same as Diane, she went the predictable route, but it's still better than everything else.

8. Sarah - I like how soft Sarah looks and she's really in control of the picture. I wish she went there though, and went a bit crazier and took some risks.

9. Nicole - Good, but not great.

10. Kyle - The body's solid, albeit predictable. The face just looks so scared though.

11. Kim - Mess.

12. Ebony - Mess x2.

13. Ashley - Messssssssssss

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 5 - Episode 2)
On 7/27/2021 at 8:53 PM, Alex95 said:

So here's the final photo chart, and I threw in there my top 10 photos of the season. I'm not gonna write about them just because you can go back in the thread if you wanna find my thoughts on them. And if y'all use this against me in the ANTM photos rankdown I'm coming for your asses :kissbye:

1. Brittany's Kloofing

2. Michelle's Zodiac Signs

4. Christina's Animals

5. Kahlen's Animals

6. Brittany's Animals

7. Brittany's Wonderbra

8. Naima's Dancing

9. Brittany's Gas Attendants

10. Michelle's Wonderbra

Your top 10 is flawless - though mine is a tad bit different!

Kahlen Sins

Kahlen Gas Attendant

Kahlen Animals

Brittany Kloofing

Brittany Animals

Christina Animals

Christina Sins

Christina Kloofing

Michelle Animals

Michelle Zodiac

On 7/27/2021 at 8:53 PM, Alex95 said:

5. Kahlen - I haven't quite converted the Church of Kahlen Rondot yet, but I get the appeal. For me, she's a bit too overly serious. I prefer my ANTM girls to embrace the madness of the show and instead she was just judgemental at times. But I also got the dorky and relatable side of Kahlen. She has a very dry wit and sarcastic sense of humor that I do enjoy. And Kahlen doing That photoshoot after her friend died is nothing short of spectacular.

So glad that you became a fan at the very least, she really is an all-time favorite for me, despite the fact that she is not as dramatic and terrible as I prefer my reality television contestants to be. :dead:

On 7/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, Alex95 said:

1. Kahlen - No, cause I'm mad about the "Kahlen failed final exams narrative" so she's getting first :kissbye:. Naima's performance in the runway show is one of my favorites ever, but Kahlen was also amazing. And I'll get to it later, but I actually liked her CoverGirl commercial as well! So Kahlen's final exams were fine :kissbye:

LOL what still pisses me off is two seconds before stating she "failed her final exams" they are talking about how her runway performance is incredible. Kahlen on that runway was a shock and still stands out as one of the greatest final runway performances ever. I know they were trying to justify their Naima pick, which I am sure only happened because CG wanted her more broad appeal, but like at least properly edit your show. UGH.

21 hours ago, Deeee said:

Your top 10 is flawless - though mine is a tad bit different!

Kahlen Sins

Kahlen Gas Attendant

Kahlen Animals

Brittany Kloofing

Brittany Animals

Christina Animals

Christina Sins

Christina Kloofing

Michelle Animals

Michelle Zodiac

Good top 10! Kahlen's gas attendants was my 11, I almost squeezed it in.

So glad that you became a fan at the very least, she really is an all-time favorite for me, despite the fact that she is not as dramatic and terrible as I prefer my reality television contestants to be. :dead:

That's fair!

LOL what still pisses me off is two seconds before stating she "failed her final exams" they are talking about how her runway performance is incredible. Kahlen on that runway was a shock and still stands out as one of the greatest final runway performances ever. I know they were trying to justify their Naima pick, which I am sure only happened because CG wanted her more broad appeal, but like at least properly edit your show. UGH.

I'd still take Naima's final runway over Kahlen's but she undeniably did an amazing job and didn't get enough credit for it by the judges.

Cycle 5 - Episode 3 - The Girl Who Needs a Miracle

JH9NvPS.png

The girls are at the salon so it's makeovers time!

iWqNZcl.png

*Tyra voice* MIA FARROW IN ROSEMARY'S BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

H1oK0yq.png

Lol Cassandra already crying about getting her hair cut off.

PRNdIOy.png

I love my hair so I always relate to the girls who meltdown at makeovers lol

3nWFuzf.png

"There was nothing drastically done to me, so no one can come up with a conclusion of how to make me more beautiful 🙂"

91SuNXA.png

Ugh I wish she got her hair cut off, she would've melted the f*ck down.

LhtcBkI.png

"I think there's a lot of girls who still don't understand why I got so upset...but they should 🙂"

7W1wtzB.png

Forcing the girls to run around Rodeo Drive and quickly shop :wub:

uRnCiaH.png

"I thought this was $25 but it's $52 😮" :dead:

PXXkLtk.png

Lisa wins the personal style challenge!

zrVJmvn.png

After her win, Lisa has taken it upon herself to give pointers to the other girls about how to model :wub:

SiKasrK.png

Kim's Lisa impression :dead:

CC2VpfP.png

The Country Couture shoot :wub: :wub: :wub:

IbvK9Kq.png

Lisa messing with Ebony's mind before the photoshoot :wub:

d7NWVJS.png

The judges comparing Coryn to Tyra...? :dead:

pUEbQvq.png

"I'm not happy...I said MIA FARROW IN ROSEMARY'S BABY!!!!!"

bxotejN.png

Lol Cassandra finding out they're cutting her hair even shorter.

G8nNZkC.png

Bre's shirt :dead:

01CJRUF.png

Everyone crying over Ebony's elimination except Cassandra :wub:

OTJzoBO.png

And then there were 11...

Cast Ranking:

ADB3gl0.png

On paper this episode should've been incredible. Makeovers, a personal style challenge that has the girls running around the streets of Rodeo Drive, cattiness at the house, and one of the best photoshoots in ANTM history. However, the cast is not popping at all. Lisa and Cassandra literally carried the episode. Without them, we'd have nothing. With a stronger cast, this could've been an amazing episode. With this cast, it just didn't work.

1. Lisa - Duh. Lisa's deserved arrogance :wub:. She's strutting around the house like she's queen of the world. But I mean, she killed the personal style challenge, she's rocking her makeover, and her photo was stunning. She truly is :wub:.

2. Cassandra - Cassandra has about the least self-awareness of anyone in the first five cycle of ANTM. That is an impressive accomplishment. The way she continues to kill photoshoot after photoshoot somehow though :wub: :wub:

3. Bre - From the 10 UTR girls, she gave the most ❤️.

4. Ebony - Lisa's bff ❤️. She seemed kinda fun, I'll kinda miss her.

5. Sarah - I like her!

6. Kim - She's verrrrrrry catty, but her talking shit about Lisa was kinda funny.

7. Nik - Simply this high for her performance at the photoshoot.

8. Jayla - I guess.

9. Diane - Literally the bottom six could've been randomized I don't care.

10. Coryn - Lol she does not look like Tyra.

11. Nicole - I just felt bad putting her last again since she truthfully hasn't bothered me since the premiere.

12. Kyle - I guess.

Photo Ranking:

VrNpYAO.png

Iconic shoot! I loved the twist of having two girls face off doing the same thing. And I'm glad they didn't have every single girl do the same thing. Just amazing all around!

1. Cassandra - Omg how?! How is this pageant queen a high-fashion goddess?! Her face is giving me so much attitude and I love how she's sitting on the haybale. Stunning.

2. Lisa - Oh my God! Lisa's face! Potentially one of my favorite close-up shots in ANTM history. And I love the angle of her pose. I wish her second leg wasn't missing because otherwise it would've been an easy FCO for me. Still an AMAZING picture.

3. Nik - This pose!!!!! Wow! Her butt is looking amazing lmao. And her face is so strong and confident. Nik remains 2 for 2.

4. Nicole - Credit where credit is due, this is amazing. She looks so much more mature than she actually is. Amazing shot.

5. Sarah - After her week one disaster, I'm glad Sarah was able to produce a great picture. I love her face and she learned how to control her big lips.

6. Bre - It's a little too pretty for me, but I still like this picture a lot!

7. Coryn - It's average. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible.

8. Kim - The styling was right up Kim's alley so I expected more from her. It's not bad, also just predictable.

9. Kyle - This one was more out of Kyle's comfort zone, and she didn't necessarily step up to the plate.

10. Diane - It's a very commercial shot, not really couture.

11. Jayla - I like her pose, but I think her face is a mess. It's also really difficult since she was going up against Cassandra who just mopped the floor with her.

12. Ebony - The hair in the face is all wrong. And she wasn't modeling through the hair in the face. I think she was going for something interesting, but it just didn't work.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 5 - Episode 3)
On 7/30/2021 at 5:36 PM, Alex95 said:

*Tyra voice* MIA FARROW IN ROSEMARY'S BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

between this and Lisa and Bre and Kim and Nicole... Cycle 5 definitely has some of the most iconic quotes EVER in the history of the show. There's some more later this cycle I'll be on the lookout for hahahaha

The Country Couture shoot :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hall of Fame

The judges comparing Coryn to Tyra...? :dead:

Beyonce, sweetie...

pUEbQvq.png

I SPECIFICALLY SAID

bxotejN.png

Lol Cassandra finding out they're cutting her hair even shorter.

Okay on one hand, NO this is not exactly like Mia Farrow's was, and Cass would objectively look phenomenal with a full Mollie Sue short cut. But on the other hand, CASSANDRA IF YOU DIDN'T STYLE IT ALL SPIKED AND TERRIBLE THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE SAID ANYTHING. WHAT THE LITERALLY F*CK ARE YOU THINKING WITH THIS STYLING.

On 7/30/2021 at 5:54 PM, Alex95 said:

1. Cassandra - Omg how?! How is this pageant queen a high-fashion goddess?! Her face is giving me so much attitude and I love how she's sitting on the haybale. Stunning.

2. Lisa - Oh my God! Lisa's face! Potentially one of my favorite close-up shots in ANTM history. And I love the angle of her pose. I wish her second leg wasn't missing because otherwise it would've been an easy FCO for me. Still an AMAZING picture.

3. Nik - This pose!!!!! Wow! Her butt is looking amazing lmao. And her face is so strong and confident. Nik remains 2 for 2.

4. Nicole - Credit where credit is due, this is amazing. She looks so much more mature than she actually is. Amazing shot.

These 4 photos are absolutely out of this world. As much as I love train wrecks and outrageous scenarios and ridiculous personalities, it's the potential for actual high quality art that keeps me coming back to ANTM. 

I've started my own watch again and then realised how behind I must be on catching up here. I'm way behind! :dead:

I won't take up too much time on the past cycles now you're into Cycle 5 but I'm in agreement with you on a lot so I don't have a lot to add :wub:

That Yaya/Eva/Toccara top 3 for Cycle 3... perfection! Just a really strong cast overall like you said but those three were continuously my favourites and then I also enjoyed following the journeys of others. I think this season did a great job at mastering an arc for multiple girls. Eva has maybe one of my favourite winner arcs that I've seen on any reality show and I agree completely that the storyline can sometimes feel forced but it felt genuine and exciting in Eva's case.

Cycle 4's definitely an interesting one. I kinda struggled with it coming straight off Cycle 3 and I wasn't quite sure why but I think you pinpointed it talking about Naima in the overall rankings. I liked Naima and I was happy to see her win but also it's the first time I kinda just felt like I didn't even know much about a winner or her journey? Especially when you had people like Keenyah dominating that final 4 episode. I love that Tiffany gets your #1 ranking too. :wub: I think if I had to rank the first four cycles I would have the same order as you.

Excited to follow Cycle 5! I hope to be more on-time this time around lol and let it be known I'm fully on-board the Bre Scullark train with you. And the start of a short but amazing Cassandra journey :giggle:

Edited by *Lily

On 8/1/2021 at 12:44 AM, FrogLenzen said:

between this and Lisa and Bre and Kim and Nicole... Cycle 5 definitely has some of the most iconic quotes EVER in the history of the show. There's some more later this cycle I'll be on the lookout for hahahaha

Hall of Fame

Beyonce, sweetie...

I SPECIFICALLY SAID

Okay on one hand, NO this is not exactly like Mia Farrow's was, and Cass would objectively look phenomenal with a full Mollie Sue short cut. But on the other hand, CASSANDRA IF YOU DIDN'T STYLE IT ALL SPIKED AND TERRIBLE THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE SAID ANYTHING. WHAT THE LITERALLY F*CK ARE YOU THINKING WITH THIS STYLING.

Oh definitely, some big moments/quotes come from this cycle.

Exactly :wub:

I forgot about the Beyonce comparison too 🙈 the judges were HIGH

Tyra's obsession with that haircut :wub: :wub:

Lol Cassandra was totally doing some self-sabotage here

On 8/1/2021 at 12:49 AM, FrogLenzen said:

These 4 photos are absolutely out of this world. As much as I love train wrecks and outrageous scenarios and ridiculous personalities, it's the potential for actual high quality art that keeps me coming back to ANTM. 

Definitely, this shoot is just so iconic.

7 hours ago, *Lily said:

I've started my own watch again and then realised how behind I must be on catching up here. I'm way behind! :dead:

I won't take up too much time on the past cycles now you're into Cycle 5 but I'm in agreement with you on a lot so I don't have a lot to add :wub:

That Yaya/Eva/Toccara top 3 for Cycle 3... perfection! Just a really strong cast overall like you said but those three were continuously my favourites and then I also enjoyed following the journeys of others. I think this season did a great job at mastering an arc for multiple girls. Eva has maybe one of my favourite winner arcs that I've seen on any reality show and I agree completely that the storyline can sometimes feel forced but it felt genuine and exciting in Eva's case.

Cycle 4's definitely an interesting one. I kinda struggled with it coming straight off Cycle 3 and I wasn't quite sure why but I think you pinpointed it talking about Naima in the overall rankings. I liked Naima and I was happy to see her win but also it's the first time I kinda just felt like I didn't even know much about a winner or her journey? Especially when you had people like Keenyah dominating that final 4 episode. I love that Tiffany gets your #1 ranking too. :wub: I think if I had to rank the first four cycles I would have the same order as you.

Excited to follow Cycle 5! I hope to be more on-time this time around lol and let it be known I'm fully on-board the Bre Scullark train with you. And the start of a short but amazing Cassandra journey :giggle:

Lol welcome back!

YAy :wub:

Glad you love my top three. And agreed, Eva's arc is truly one-of-a-kind in rtv history.

Yeah, C4 is unfortunately a struggle following C3. Naima being the winner following Eva as the winner is certainly one of those struggles. But yeah, at least it does have Keenyah in the endgame and everything about Tiffany :wub:

Bre & Cassandra :wub: :wub:

5 hours ago, #jeah said:

Lisa in C5 :wub: Besides the diaper moment of course

Lol let's not think about that 🙈

Cycle 5 - Episode 4 - The Girl Who Makes a Disclaimer

f594B87.png

Tyra Mail tells the girls they'll be swimming with the sharks!

8TxBUZY.png

Kim & Sarah continue to bond and stay up late talking to each other.

UqecGVn.png

Queen :wub:

szl6I2h.png

Miss Bre with the flawless walk from day one :wub: :wub:

FnPvZhH.png

Miss J: I did say interpretive, I didn't say crazy!

ShRvyEp.png

"Modeling isn't something Kim knows well, so you stick to what you know! You know girls, you know you like them, and you know you're good at getting them." :dead:

5KF8TPs.png

Sarah's realizing she is attracted to Kim and she's figuring that out because she's never been attracted to a girl before.

EKaEKZO.png

Cassandra's mom pretty much telling her she's being vain and to get over the haircut lol

cjhVAFl.png

Welp the cultural appropriation fashion show is at least a step up from the blackface photoshoot at least...

H3OUxzS.png

Sarah has tripped at every single fashion show she's done :wub:

maVE2Pj.png

Bre wins the runway show of course because she's flawless.

GnTEcxN.png

Bre and her friends are miserable with their reward win as they're stuck having caviar :dead:

KlZiHdF.png

Later that night, Kim & Sarah crawl into bed together.

AR3bTvL.png

Bre finding out that Kim didn't consider the limo incident an actual makeout session :dead:

kSGAyek.png

Sarah reassuring her bf she's straight and he's like "Uhh idk" oop

fU4yDHN.png

Cassandra is informing Mr. Jay she doesn't feel like cutting her hair again.

Cwa2HEn.png

"God gives us our first instincts, don't go against it!" Bre highkey encouraging Cassandra to quit :dead:

wWkv4S2.png

The way we went from one of the most highfashion shoots in ANTM history to the tackiest...

57X7PDy.png

Kim is worrying that Sarah may be developing feelings for Kim while Kim's just having fun since she has a gf at home (she's suck a f*ckboi)

WPLsJjJ.png

She doesn't have a single emotion on her face at the shoot.

9rgUgNj.png

Jayla has her new, shorter haircut!

ZARdvMd.png

Cassandra has decided she's not gonna cut her hair anymore.

a548KFh.png

Here's a Totally Not Staged scene of Jay calling Tyra informing her about Cassandra.

qA26HXt.png

Cassandra is looking forward to returning to Texas and getting some hair extensions :wub:. And now she's married to Stephen Amell and I was reading about some controversy recently about them getting kicked off a plane for fighting or something lol so good for you I guess gurl!

j27cKOy.png

Tyra asking the girls if anyone else wants to quit before they get started lol.

XnwvNeI.png

Flashback to Camille talking about her signature walk :wub: (still in disbelief they eliminated her after this iconic moment)

9Hzps3t.png

WHEW MISS BRE WITH THE ICONIC SIGNATURE WALK!

KpeWco8.png

Kim warning the judges her walk will get better before she does it :dead:

YRSBf1Q.png

The girls at go-see time having to show the clients this photo in their portfolio 👁️👄👁️

EmrjjTV.png

It appears Nik is Nigel's thirst pick of the season.

cVFhDm9.png

RIP the girlfriends in the bottom two.

hTL3aYO.png

Love is dead y'all!

8t2Sns5.png

And then there were 9...

• Like 2

Cast Ranking:

3f6wFIZ.png

This episode continues the problems I'm having with the season. I enjoyed the episode because it was one of the gayest episodes in ANTM history. But they pretty much forgot they had an ensemble cast and it was focused on like four people. The show just can't edit out 7-8 people each episode and expect me to care about it. I know not everyone will be involved in the main storyline each week, but they have to do better than this. But yeah, I really didn't hate it. Cassandra quitting because she won't cut an inch of hair is iconic. And Sarah's bisexual awakening is everything :wub:

1. Bre - Her breakout episode :wub:. Bre is such a goddess on that runway, I love see her up there and werking it :wub:. Her commentary throughout the Kim & Sarah and Cassandra storylines was really entertaining too. Love her.

2. Sarah - I'll really miss her, I love Sarah ❤️. Sarah trying to figure out her sexuality was a really interesting storyline and I found myself relating to her. I think she has such a unique and gorgeous face, and it's a shame she couldn't figure out how to use it in pictures.

3. Cassandra - The first quitter :wub:. Cassandra has left her mark in ANTM history and smartly bounced before ruining her flawless portfolio before the worst shoot ever :wub:

4. Lisa - Her most UTR episode yet, but still fun whenever we saw her!

5. Nik - Once Nigel picked her, I just couldn't help but feel bad.

6. Kyle - Idk, I guess she had a good runway walk...?

7. Coryn - Who?

8. Jayla - She should've stood in solidarity with Cassandra and not cut her hair as well :kissbye:. Lol jk, her hair is clearly better shorter though, they're right.

9. Nicole - She made a vaguely homophobic comment about Kim & Sarah I wasn't here for (it wasn't thaaaaaat bad, but It's Nicole so imma drag)

10. Diane - Who???????????

11. Kim - I was stanning Kim, but then I paused and realized if she was a straight white guy I would hate her :dead:. I'm glad lesbians can be f*ckbois too, but I'm not gonna stan it lol.

Photo Ranking:

LhPSgMc.png

Literally how do you go from country couture to this?????? Probably the worst non-offensive photoshoot in the first five cycles yet. What are they even testing? I guess the girls in motion, but they could've just done the C1 reebok shoot or something, even that was better than this :dead:

1. Jayla - Good acting and still looks like a model, well done.

2. Bre - Good control of her face.

3. Nik - She did fine.

4. Lisa - A bit OTT, but I'd rather her do more than less.

5. Kyle - Average.

6. Coryn - Literally loathe everything from this point down.

7. Diane - This barely looks like Diane??

8. Kim - Go gurl, give us nothing!

9. Nicole - Horrible.

10. Sarah - Lol one of the worst shots in ANTM history.

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 5 - Episode 4)
13 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

1. Bre - Her breakout episode :wub:. Bre is such a goddess on that runway, I love see her up there and werking it :wub:. Her commentary throughout the Kim & Sarah and Cassandra storylines was really entertaining too. Love her.

The birth of an icon. :wub: