Jump to content

Finale Format Change: 1 Ballad and 1 Uptempo song: Suggestions for the contestants.


Misirlou
 Share

Recommended Posts

Victor: something by John L (damn I want him to sing A Change is Gonna Come and I know it's not going to happen) + Try a Little Terderness 

Cam: Sorry Seems to be the hardest word + I'm Still Dancing/Dont' Let The Sun Go Down on Me

Pia: something by Whitney + Higher Ground or Don't you worry 'bout a thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Gihanna Zoë

Up tempo: “Defying Gravity” 

Ballad: “I Was Here” 

 

that'd be iconic, idc anymore what she'll place but I need her to be in the finale and sing a Beyonce pleaseee

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Cam Anthony 

Up Tempo - "Living for the City" by Stevie Wonder

Ballad - "Jealous" by Labrinth

 

Rachel Mac

Up Tempo - "Blessed" by Martina McBride

Ballad - "River" by Joni Mitchell

 

Pia Renee

Up Tempo - "Underneath it All" by No Doubt

Ballad -"Saving All My Love for You" by Whitney Houston

 

Dana Monique

Up Tempo - "Respect" by Aretha Franklin

Ballad - "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Holiday/Jenifer Hudson

 

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Kenzie:- Ballad: Remember When by Alan Jackson. Uptempo: Long Haired Country Boy by the Charlie Daniels Band (Cody Johnson version)

 

Jordan:- Ballad: Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson. Uptempo: Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers Band

 

Cam:- Ballad: Jealous by Labrith. Uptempo: I Want You Back by the Jackson 5

 

Victor:- Ballad: River by Leon Bridges. Uptempo: Try A Little Tenderness by Otis Redding

 

Rachel:- Ballad: Not Ready To Make Nice by the Chicks. No clue about the uptempo for her.

 

Pia:- Ballad: The Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston. Uptempo: Doo-Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill

 

Dana:- Ballad: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. Uptempo: Proud Mary by CCR (Tina Turner version)

 

Gihanna:- Ballad: Listen by Beyoncè. Uptempo: Lady Marmalade? I don`t know lol

 

Corey: Ballad: The Blower`s Daughter by Damien Rice. Uptempo: Home by Marc Broussard. (His rasp could work really well for this).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Misirlou said:

Gihanna:- Ballad: Listen by Beyoncè. Uptempo: Lady Marmalade? I don`t know lol

 

Interesting. She could do these, and I think she'd excel, but they're a tad overdone, so I suspect people on IDF might be a little critical (esp since we've gotten great covers of both).

 

Interestingly, Shalyah Fearing did both of these songs, too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Jordan:- Ballad: Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson. Uptempo: Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers Band

 

Cam:- Ballad: Jealous by Labrith. Uptempo: I Want You Back by the Jackson 5

 

Victor:- Ballad: River by Leon Bridges. Uptempo: Try A Little Tenderness by Otis Redding

 

Pia:- Ballad: The Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston. Uptempo: Doo-Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill

 

Dana:- Ballad: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. Uptempo: Proud Mary by CCR (Tina Turner version)

 

tasteeee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Victor said in an interview Hollywood Junket on YT he wants to do Sam Cooke or Ray Charles and Pia wants to cover some Sting, so I’m hoping whichever makes it into the finale (if not both) gets a chance to do that.

 

I’ll come up with actual song choices later, since I need time to think it over for most of the contestants.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Cam Anthony 

Up Tempo - "Living for the City" by Stevie Wonder

Ballad - "Jealous" by Labrinth

 

Rachel Mac

Up Tempo - "Blessed" by Martina McBride

Ballad - "River" by Joni Mitchell

 

Pia Renee

Up Tempo - "Underneath it All" by No Doubt

Ballad -"Saving All My Love for You" by Whitney Houston

 

Dana Monique

Up Tempo - "Respect" by Aretha Franklin

Ballad - "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Holiday/Jenifer Hudson

 

Yes I’ve been dreaming of Pía doing some Gwen Stefani! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Victor said in an interview Hollywood Junket on YT he wants to do Sam Cooke or Ray Charles and Pia wants to cover some Sting, so I’m hoping whichever makes it into the finale (if not both) gets a chance to do that.

prayer GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cam: Jealous by Labrinth and Lovely Day by Bill Withers

 

Dana: Alone by Heart and I Feel For You by Chaka Khan 

 

Kenzie: Always On My Mind by Willie Nelson and Friends In Low Places by Garth Brooks

 

Victor: A Song For You by Donny Hathaway and Poison by Bel Biv Devoe (?)

 

Pia: Greatest Love Of All by Whitney Houston and Doo Wop by Lauryn Hill 

 

Rachel: River by Joni Mitchell and Love Story by Taylor Swift (?)

 

Gihanna: I Was Here by Beyoncé and Love Will Never Do by Janet Jackson (?)

 

Corey - Sober by Pink and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons (???)

 

Jordan - The Thrill Is Gone by BB King and Midnight Rider by Allman Brothers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2021 at 9:59 AM, B-B said:

Corey - Sober by Pink

I know you mentioned the Pink version but this reminds me that I actually think that Corey would do SO well with Demi's Sober. The ache in his voice + the texture of his voice would make an amazing performance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...