No Spring Season For The Voice. The Voice is moving to one show per year.

Spurrious

If they are willing to return to the normal format with 48 contestants and 6 live show weeks, then good move. Plus the contestants have a bit of more time to keep their momentum instead of being replaced by a new group within a period of 2-3 months.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If they are willing to return to the normal format with 48 contestants and 6 live show weeks, then good move. Plus the contestants have a bit of more time to keep their momentum instead of being replaced by a new group within a period of 2-3 months.

MTE

I'm glad this is happening to some extent cause it gives me a chance to get more into american idol - i'll probably watch that during the springtime. I have been halfway keeping up with it this season and Grace/Makayla (robbed this time too)/Cassandra/Casey are all excellent. 

However, I like The Voice more as of now so it is kinda rough. I'll see how they manage things before I say whether I like it more or less.

18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That's a big if but I completely agree.  Since we seem to be hoping for improvements in contestant/audience engagement....how about 7 live shows like S4 & S5. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

That's a big if but I completely agree.  Since we seem to be hoping for improvements in contestant/audience engagement....how about 7 live shows like S4 & S5. 

That would be great. The main reason the contestants come to the show is to gain exposure, and they`re barely getting it with this new format. By logic, they`d have to return to more live shows if they are only gonna air one season a year. You never know with these guys, but we`ll see, I think this is a step in the right direction as of now.

I think: Blinds (12 per team) -> Battles (1 steal, 1 normal save) -> KOs (1 steal) -> T20 -> T13 -> T11 -> T10 -> T8 -> T4 is pretty plausible.

I can't imagine them doing T8 -> T6 -> T4, the semifinals bloodbath feels like such a part of the show now.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f8d52af0d35ffba8c

If the reason they reduced the live shows (and the amount of studio recordings) is because they can't keep up with the biannual schedule, there's no excuse for them to bring back the early live formats. I hope they deliver on that front.

• Like 1

I’m crossing my fingers so they bring the S5 format back (S8’s is good as well). The bloodbath format has always sucked (not as much as S18-S20 though)

And like I said in the other thread, more performances. I feel like S3-S8’s finalists had triple the performances compared to the more recent finalists.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

MTE.

28 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Looks like I’ll be seeing a few familiar faces in the American Idol sub-forum next year. :giggle:

lol yeah this might be the first idol season I watch in full. I watched some performances here and there from the past few.

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

I think: Blinds (12 per team) -> Battles (1 steal, 1 normal save) -> KOs (1 steal) -> T20 -> T13 -> T11 -> T10 -> T8 -> T4 is pretty plausible.

I can't imagine them doing T8 -> T6 -> T4, the semifinals bloodbath feels like such a part of the show now.

As much as I'd love a 20-12-10-8-6-4 cut style, I can live without it if it means we get more than three live shows. 

I also haven't watched AI outside of the occasional YT video since Nicki and Mariah were on the panel together, and while AI has produced some gems over the years since then, I don't see me choosing to view it regularly again at this point. We'll see how I feel next spring (though I suspect I'll be more like MJ and stick to The Masked Singer when there's no season of The Voice to fill the void).

I do think going to the fall is a smart move considering AI and AGT can fill up two other times of the year, and maybe this will help cut down on me personally feeling overwhelmed with new contestants to keep up with post-show. Even 3-4 people post show per season is another 6-8 artists yearly, meaning had I been doing it from the start of the show that'd be 60+ artists over the years which is a lot on top of keeping up with other musicians I like.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Even 3-4 people post show per season is another 6-8 artists yearly, meaning had I been doing it from the start of the show that'd be 60+ artists over the years which is a lot on top of keeping up with other musicians I like.

Yeah, especially with fan threads. :wacko:

13 hours ago, Daillon said:

I’m crossing my fingers so they bring the S5 format back (S8’s is good as well). The bloodbath format has always sucked (not as much as S18-S20 though)

And like I said in the other thread, more performances. I feel like S3-S8’s finalists had triple the performances compared to the more recent finalists.

The S4 winner had 3 taped performances, 10 group/duet performances and 11 solo live performances for a total of 24 over 85 days.  

The S16 winner had 3 taped performances, 4 group/duet performances and 5 solo live performances for a total of 12 over 84 days. 

I agree it felt like triple but it's more like double. 

Lots of performances really get me connected to a contestant.  That also brings consistency and durability into play.  There have been standouts I would consider at risk of throat surgery if they had to knock down 24 new songs over 12 weeks. 

• Like 1