• Chayce Beckham - 23
    • Grace Kinstler - Love Someone
    • Willie Spence - Never Be Alone
  2. 2. Who had the worst single?

• Casey Bishop - Love Me, Leave Me
    • Chayce Beckham - 23
    • Grace Kinstler - Love Someone
    • Willie Spence - Never Be Alone

casey has the worst song of the bunch. willie the second worst. 

grace get high points for great vocals. but that is all. the song sucks. yet the only song besides chayce that can be heard on the radio. 

chayce has catchy melody but the lyrics are dumb! kind of like everything on the radio this past decade. 

Edited by blackfield

33 minutes ago, blackfield said:

casey has the worst song of the bunch. willie the second worst. 

grace get high points for great vocals. but that is all. the song sucks. yet the only song besides chayce that can be heard on the radio. 

chayce has catchy melody but the lyrics are dumb! kind of like everything on the radio this past decade. 

Worst? I think Casey's is the most pop sounding winner's single in YEARS. I could hear it getting synced on commercials like crazy if promoted right!

Certainly better than anything the past few seasons dealt out when it comes to AI studio recordings...

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

Worst? I think Casey's is the most pop sounding winner's single in YEARS. I could hear it getting synced on commercials like crazy if promoted right!

Certainly better than anything the past few seasons dealt out when it comes to AI studio recordings...

OP seems to take issue with everything Casey lmao. Not surprising. Never seems to be objective when it comes to her. Not sure why they bother with anything she does. Seems to have a personal issue with her "not being ready," whatever that means.

I like Casey and Grace's singles. I think Casey has strong verses. The chorus gets a bit repetitive, but she sings it well so I don't mind it as much. I like Grace's vocals on the "Cause when you love somebody, love someone." It's very "coronation song" sounding though.

Chayce has a nice chorus. The weakest verses by far though. I like some of the choices he makes stylistically. 

Willie's is the most "coronation song" sounding. It has the least mainstream appeal though. It's low key boring too. It is probably the most appropriate for the idol stage, but that's as far as it goes. It's also really short. It's shorter than Casey and Caleb's by a whole minute. 

If it was based on what fits into the current music scene

1. Casey

2. Grace (I'll say it is probably the most interesting vocally by far)

3. Chayce (aligns with Country/Folk music)

4. Willie

None of them are bad compared to some of the original songs of old-idol. Nothing spectacular but I had my bar (expectations) starting in hell lol. Tried to be as objective as possible.

Edited by joe14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^ answering to both above me.. i don't like either one of the singles. all are just as awful as any idol coronation song. with the exception of fantasia "i believe". 

and yes for casey's benefit i hope she doesn't win. it will only help her grow musically. 

as for now the only songs charting is chayce (country) and hunter (singer/songwriter). 

I dont really get Chayce's song. I feel like the Coronation singles should have positive and uplifting vibes but his is about his drinking problems. Is that the song people will want to hear when the confetti rains down during the winning moment??? I dont think so..

After listening to it a few times, Casey's chorus really hurts the song, especially the whiny "Please" she sings. The verses are great though and I can see it being on the radio too.

Grace's and Willie's are the ones I can see being sung during the "confetti moment" after winning. However, Willie's has a lack of repeat value and is not something people want to listen to in 2021. On the other hand, I think Grace's is the most stereotypical Idol coronation single in terms of being able to bait to the General Public, but the pitch correction at the bridge is weird. The rest of it is good though.

I dont know how to rank them since I dont like any of them lol. 

• Like 2

There should be an Option - None of these.

The most popular winning songs of all time are:

Home

The Time of My Life

A Moment Like This

I don't think any of the Top 4 songs even come close.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

There should be an Option - None of these.

The most popular winning songs of all time are:

Home

The Time of My Life

A Moment Like This

I don't think any of the Top 4 songs even come close.

finally someone i agree with. you can add I believe to the list of popular winning song. and none of the 4 come close. they are just generic crap pop songs. the lyrics are mostly cheesy and dumb. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, aaronjudge said:

could you please post the link to the charts

https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/us.html

Chayce

iTunes:
#38 United States
#77 Canada

Arthur
Save Me Now

iTunes:
#100 Macau
#116 Canada
#142 United States

Grace

Love Someone

iTunes:
#100 United States
#360 Canada

Casey
Love Me, Leave Me

iTunes:
#18 Luxembourg
#168 United States

Hunter 

20,000 Kisses

iTunes:
#80 United States
#210 Canada

Willie

303    NEW    Willie Spence - Never Be Alone

Digital Sales Data

RANK ARTIST TITLE SALES

36    Chayce Beckham    23    251

70    Arthur Gunn    Save Me Now    173

80    Hunter Metts    20,000 Kisses    161

97    Grace Kinstler    Love Someone    145

169    Casey Bishop    Love Me, Leave Me    106

17 hours ago, joe14 said:

OP seems to take issue with everything Casey lmao. Not surprising. Never seems to be objective when it comes to her. Not sure why they bother with anything she does. Seems to have a personal issue with her "not being ready," whatever that means.

I think that Blackfield can’t look past the fact that Casey is 15 years old and thus inexperienced compared to the other 3 in the Top 4.  And let’s face it, there’s a reason why most singers that young who reach the Top 10 or 12 or who reach the semifinals begin struggling.  They’re usually not mature enough to know their musical identity or to connect to the lyrics of a song.  There are exceptions, and Casey may be one of them, but Blackfield can only see her youth and can’t see that she might be the exception.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that Blackfield can’t look past the fact that Casey is 15 years old and thus inexperienced compared to the other 3 in the Top 4.  And let’s face it, there’s a reason why most singers that young who reach the Top 10 or 12 or who reach the semifinals begin struggling.  They’re usually not mature enough to know their musical identity or to connect to the lyrics of a song.  There are exceptions, and Casey may be one of them, but Blackfield can only see her youth and can’t see that she might be the exception.

So true 🙂🙂🙂

1 minute ago, CarmenSandiego said:

She's 16 lol. Casey is not even struggling though? She's performed extremely well through-out the competition, at least imo and the overall reception to her. Idk OP's comments toward her are always targeted and pointed. It's like dang...we heard it the first ten times lmao. There's this "how dare a 15 year old sing (hard) rock music" mentality that clouds people judgement of Casey because she has shown a professionalism and connection to lyrics (not perfect by any means) than most young contestants I remember. She can enjoy and choose to singing rock music. Rock Music is not coveted or untouchable. It's like people want her to sing the ABC's because she's 16. I feel like 15 year old contestants who sing (trivial) pop music don't get such comments nearly as much. I mean we could make a case for all young artists across the Voice and American Idol not being ready then including Ava August, Hunter (he literally cried on stage because he forgot his lyrics) etc. For whatever reason, the eligibility age range swings that low. At the end of the day, it's a singing competition and learning experience. Idol is not catapulting the winners, or anyone tbh, to stardom anymore so they will probably have to still spend their post-idol building their fanbase and figuring out what works. I'm not sure why Casey has to have it all figured out right now. She can use her experience on idol to define her musical identity in the future. A lot of young artists came on the show but still improve and continue growing post-idol. I have followed Lauren Alaina's career. She was 15 on the show and it took her many years to establish herself the way she has in the country scene. 

I'm not even sure how much the experience is helping the other contestants. Grace is all over the place with song choices. She had to be talked into singing "Fix You" last week. She's singing Kelly Clarkson's coronation single this week...like wtf lol. Willie has spent the entire competition singing ballads by female singers. Hardly marketable. Only Chayce seems to have a clear point of view.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, it's just hard to take anything OP says as objective when it comes to her. It's like they already had their mind made up awhile ago. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

you should stop giving the excuse of her age. first of all she is 16 not 15. second the reason I say she is not ready has nothing to do with her age it has to do with her inexperience. I cringe every time she performs. she is very awkward and seems like she doesn't know what to do with herself. also I can't see any connection to the songs or the words she is singing. and the "judges" are not helping her with the over praising.  it would have help her more to wait a few years and get some experience and mature. 

they should have raised the age limit to 18 and not allow so many 15s year old to audition because I don't think kids today are mature enough for such exposure. maybe 15 years ago you could find 16 y/o mature enough for the big stage (allison come to mind and she was one of my favs) but today they are not mature enough even to look after themselves. 

Edited by blackfield