Jump to content

Rank the Top 17 Performances


David68
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ngl, I shocked myself with who I put as my number 1.

 

1. Rachel Mac - What a time to give her best performance so far! Not gonna lie, I was worried if she would be able to deliver live, but this was gorgeous. Great job, Rachel! A-

 

2. Anna Grace - Another beautiful performance. She has been killing it with her past two performances, I hope she moves on some way. A-

 

3. Corey Ward - There was a pitchy section in the middle, and it got a tad shouty at parts, but this was still a solid performance. Emotion was coming through, and he NAILED that big note. B+

 

4. Cam Anthony - I liked this better upon a rewatch, but I'm still firm that this is his weakest performance. I think he'll get the PV just fine, but I'm hoping he gets a better song choice next round. B+

 

5. Ryleigh Modig - She did WAY better than I expected. That said, I feel like she needs to have the confidence to not be in her head voice all the time. It's holding her back. B+

 

6. Pete Mroz - The song choice was totally cornball, but his tone is as great as ever. Wanted to like it more than I did though. B+

 

7. Jordan Matthew Young - The performance was a tad slow to get going for me, but he nailed this. B+

 

8. Dana Monique - Once again, she murdered it, but this isn't my type of music. Props to her for powering through the bandzilla though. B+

 

9. Kenzie Wheeler - This is a case of my biases showing, because there's nothing bad I can say about his vocals, but I'm taking it down a peg because I have a hard time enjoying the song he was singing. B+

 

10. Gihanna Zoë - This performance didn't have the control Gihanna exhibited in her pre-lives, since there are a handful of shaky spots. Still, I think she did well enough for such a nerve-racking night. B

 

11. Victor Solomon - It was pretty hard to hear him over the band, but as far as I could tell, he stayed on pitch while moving a lot around the stage, so he's got that going for him. B

 

12. Jose Figueroa, Jr. - This started off good, then he hit a big bum note, but aside from that, this was kinda solid? B

 

13. Pia Renee - As a whole, I think this just fell flat. I didn't feel anything. Sad, because she had an amazing KO. B-

 

14. Zae Romeo - His studio recording was excellent, but he didn't manage to translate that into a good stage performance. Some good moments, but his pitch was all over the place. C

 

15. Andrew Marshall - He completely botched the climax of the song, but he started out alright? That gives him just a slight edge over Zania. D

 

16. Zania Alake - What happened girl... I was rooting for you. This was a trainwreck, which I wasn't expecting at all. D

 

17. Devan Blake Jones - This was absolutely painful.#SavannaWasRobbed F

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a much more objective ranking that my usual ones.

They got bussed with the song choices
17. Devan Blake Jones
16. Andrew Marshall

They could have done much more
15. Zae Romeo

14. Jose Figueroa, Jr

13. Zania Alake
 

They were OK, did not get the hype though

12. Jordan Matthew Young

11. Rachel Mac

Did not love the songs, but they did their thing

10. Victor Solomon

09. Pia Renee

08. Kenzie Wheeler

 

Solid all the way through

07. Gihanna Zoe

06. Anna Grace

05. Pete Mroz

They rose above my expectations

04. Cam Anthony

03. Ryleigh Modig

They laid it all out there

02. Corey Ward

01. Dana Monique

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Dana Monique - Free Your Mind

2. Rachel Mac - Rainbow

3. Gihanna Zoe - Always Remember Us This Way

4. Victor Solomon - I Wish

5. Anna Grace - Let Her Go

6. Pia Renee - Need U Bad

7. Cam Anthony - Take Me to Church

8. Ryleigh Modig - drivers license

9. Corey Ward - Bruises

10. Andrew Marshall - Put Your Records On

11. Pete Mroz - We Belong

12. Devan Blake Jones - Shape of My Heart

13. Zae Romeo - When I Look at You  

14. Kenzie Wheeler - Red Dirt Road

15. Jose Figueroa Jr - Talking to the Moon

16. Jordan Matthew Young - Gold Dust Woman

17. Zania Alake - Dangerous Woman

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6/10 Corey Ward - Bruises

6/10 Gihanna Zoe - Always Remember Us This Way (I love her outfit here.)

3/10 Zae Romeo - When I Look at You

1/10 Kenzie Wheeler - Red Dirt Road

 

It's pretty obvious that Corey and Gihanna should make it from TEAM Kelly, No one can ever touch Bruises after that German winner girl nailed it.

Zae was out of tune so bad, and Kenzie successfully put me to sleep.

 

 

6/10 Ryleigh Moding - Driver's License (The hairstyle of the night.)

0/10 Zania Alaké  - Dangerous Woman

5/10 Victor Solomon - I Wish

 

So that's the IDLF girl this season... LMFAO!!!!!

 

 

6/10 Dana Monique - Free Your Mind

2/10 Andrew Marshall - Put Your Record On

0/10 Devan Blake Jones - Shape Of My Heart

5/10 Jose Figueroa Jr. - Talking to the Moon

8/10 Rachel Mac - Rainbow

 

This Rachel girl is a real dark horse, she is getting better and better and knows how to choose perfect songs for her voice.

Team Nick girls 

 

5/10 Jordan Matthew Young - Gold Dust Woman

6/10 Anna Grace - Let Her Go

6/10 Cam Anthony - Take Me To Church

4/10 Pete Mroz - We Belong

 

Okay, Cam's first half was karaoke but the last part when he let it all out in his style kinda slayed me.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

GREAT TIER

1. Dana Monique (9.5) - RESPECT.

2. Cam Anthony (9.5) - Yes, sir! I have other favorites in the competition still but he absolutely nailed this! Another Blake win would make my eyes roll, but I don't think I'll mind too much if it's Cam.

3. Corey Ward (9.5) - YES COREY. BE PROUD OF THAT PERFORMANCE. If this man doesn't go through imma be DISRESPECTFUL on here.

4. Rachel Mac (9) - My eyes were on her tonight because I wasn't sure whether or not she would flop tonight like her audition due to the pressure. Besides that last note, this was EXCELLENT. Well done, Rachel! Welcome to the top 9.

5. Ryleigh Modig (9) - I do hope she goes through! I wasn't sure about her after her blind but she's continued to show that she deserves to go far!

6. Gihanna Zoe (9) - Not gonna lie, of everyone on Team Kelly, I expected Gihanna to be the one to potentially flop tonight. Glad I was wrong. This girl is POWERFUL. Would love to see her move on to the top 9, but she's on the bloodbath team.

7. Anna Grace (8.5) - She did lovely tonight! So glad she's been able to change my opinion of her since the beginning.

8. Pete Mroz (8.5) - This is one of my favorite songs and I adored it! Rooting for Pete to make it through for sure!

9. Pia Renee (8.5) - She did super well tonight! I adore the song and she did it justice. Should be an interesting fight on Team Legend.

 

 

GOOD/OKAY TIER

10. Kenzie Wheeler (8) - It was solid enough, what else can you say?

11. Jordan Matthew Young (8) - I'm a sucker for all things Fleetwood Mac and he did very well. Haven't heard a male version of this so it was pleasant.

12. Jose Figueroa, Jr. (7.5) - Jose is the one who I was hoping would surprise us and make a big impression tonight but unfortunately he just kind of landed somewhere in the middle. He did fine with it, but it was a sleepy song choice. He seems like such a great guy, though.

13. Victor Solomon (7.5) - Well it was better than "My Girl" for sure.

14. Zae Romeo (7.5) - This had a lot more potential but he's the only one on Kelly that I think he cracked under the pressure a bit. The delivery was not 100% there.

 

VERY NOT GOOD OR WRONGED TIER

15. Andrew Marshall (6.5) - I do like Andrew a lot but this didn't land at all. That damn TikTok version of the song is atrocious. I'm sorry he got forced with this pick (I presume)

16. Zania Alake (6) - I think everyone's said what needs to be said here. This didn't land and that's disappointing. The arrangement was dreadful and didn't work for her voice. I hope John uses his brain and saves her because I don't see how she'll be able to fight for the wildcard without John...

17. Devan Blake Jones (5.5) - It's like they picked this song for him without considering that he might actually take the win. Like I'm rewatching these right now to score them and before I was disappointed, but now I'm just genuinely mad that we don't get Savanna's Barracuda.

 

 

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

1. Dana Monique (9.5) - RESPECT.

2. Cam Anthony (9.5) - Yes, sir! I have other favorites in the competition still but he absolutely nailed this! Another Blake win would make my eyes roll, but I don't think I'll mind too much if it's Cam.

3. Corey Ward (9.5) - YES COREY. BE PROUD OF THAT PERFORMANCE. If this man doesn't go through imma be DISRESPECT on here.

4. Rachel Mac (9) - My eyes were on her tonight because I wasn't sure whether or not she would flop tonight like her audition due to the pressure. Besides that last note, this was EXCELLENT. Well done, Rachel! Welcome to the top 9.

5. Ryleigh Modig (9) - I do hope she goes through! I wasn't sure about her after her blind but she's continued to show that she deserves to go far!

6. Gihanna Kelly (9) - Not gonna lie, of everyone on Team Kelly, I expected Gihanna to be the one to potentially flop tonight. Glad I was wrong. This girl is POWERFUL. Would love to see her move on to the top 9, but she's on the bloodbath team.

7. Anna Grace (8.5) - She did lovely tonight! So glad she's been able to change my opinion of her since the beginning.

8. Pete Mroz (8.5) - This is one of my favorite songs and I adored it! Rooting for Pete to make it through for sure!

9. Pia Renee (8.5) - She did super well tonight! I adore the song and she did it justice. Should be an interesting fight on Team Legend.

Ok but this top 9 would absolutely slap 🙃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

6. Gihanna Kelly (9) - Not gonna lie, of everyone on Team Kelly, I expected Gihanna to be the one to potentially flop tonight. Glad I was wrong. This girl is POWERFUL. Would love to see her move on to the top 9, but she's on the bloodbath team.

I think she goes by Gihanna Zoë now, but please correct me / let me know if she prefers to still go by the name you indicated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Ok but this top 9 would absolutely slap 🙃

I was about to say that the best part is that it's pretty realistic, then I realized Kenzie wasn't there :haha:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I think she goes by Gihanna Zoë now, but please correct me / let me know if she prefers to still go by the name you indicated.

I swear to god I keep forgetting :haha:

Thanks for reminding me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Ngl, I shocked myself with who I put as my number 1.

 

1. Rachel Mac - What a time to give her best performance so far! Not gonna lie, I was worried if she would be able to deliver live, but this was gorgeous. Great job, Rachel! A-

 

2. Anna Grace - Another beautiful performance. She has been killing it with her past two performances, I hope she moves on some way. A-

 

3. Corey Ward - There was a pitchy section in the middle, and it got a tad shouty at parts, but this was still a solid performance. Emotion was coming through, and he NAILED that big note. B+

 

4. Cam Anthony - I liked this better upon a rewatch, but I'm still firm that this is his weakest performance. I think he'll get the PV just fine, but I'm hoping he gets a better song choice next round. B+

 

5. Ryleigh Modig - She did WAY better than I expected. That said, I feel like she needs to have the confidence to not be in her head voice all the time. It's holding her back. B+

 

6. Pete Mroz - The song choice was totally cornball, but his tone is as great as ever. Wanted to like it more than I did though. B+

 

7. Jordan Matthew Young - The performance was a tad slow to get going for me, but he nailed this. B+

 

8. Dana Monique - Once again, she murdered it, but this isn't my type of music. Props to her for powering through the bandzilla though. B+

 

9. Kenzie Wheeler - This is a case of my biases showing, because there's nothing bad I can say about his vocals, but I'm taking it down a peg because I have a hard time enjoying the song he was singing. B+

 

10. Gihanna Zoë - This performance didn't have the control Gihanna exhibited in her pre-lives, since there are a handful of shaky spots. Still, I think she did well enough for such a nerve-racking night. B

 

11. Victor Solomon - It was pretty hard to hear him over the band, but as far as I could tell, he stayed on pitch while moving a lot around the stage, so he's got that going for him. B

 

12. Jose Figueroa, Jr. - This started off good, then he hit a big bum note, but aside from that, this was kinda solid? B

 

13. Pia Renee - As a whole, I think this just fell flat. I didn't feel anything. Sad, because she had an amazing KO. B-

 

14. Zae Romeo - His studio recording was excellent, but he didn't manage to translate that into a good stage performance. Some good moments, but his pitch was all over the place. C

 

15. Andrew Marshall - He completely botched the climax of the song, but he started out alright? That gives him just a slight edge over Zania. D

 

16. Zania Alake - What happened girl... I was rooting for you. This was a trainwreck, which I wasn't expecting at all. D

 

17. Devan Blake Jones - This was absolutely painful.#SavannaWasRobbed F

 

 

According to this my ideal top 9 would be:

Team Kelly: Corey, Kenzie

Team Legend: Ryleigh, Victor

Team Nick: Rachel, Dana

Team Blake: Anna, Cam, Pete

 

I'd rather have Gihanna and Pia over Kenzie and Victor though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Amazing:

1. Dana 10/10: Godlike as usual, she hasn't even missed once yet and she continues to impress.

2. Rachel 9.5/10: After the blinds she has continued to maintain her frontrunner status with great performances, I really think she will be Nick's finalist though I liked Dana more tonight.  Had a couple pitchy moments though.

3. Corey 9/10: Great performance but the pitchy moments held it back a bit.  He's still my favorite overall.

4. Jordan 9/10: Oh my god he amazed me, he was so good here.  I thought his battle and KO performances were so sleeper and he really woke me up with this one

5. Anna Grace 8.5/10 Incredible performance from her, love her voice and tone.

6. Gihanna 8.5/10: What an improvement from her KOs, someone who I thought would easily be the weakest on Team Kelly really showed her strength here and went up to my second favorite from her team.  

 

Pretty Good:

7. Ryleigh 8/10: Not her strongest showing but definitely a step up from her KO performance so the improvement was nice.  However she was easily the best out of Team John's less than legendary night of performances so she should run away with the PV.

8. Cam 8/10: Another strong performance from Cam, he ran out of breath at some parts but I enjoyed his falsetto a lot.

9. Kenzie 8/10:  A decent step down from the KOs but I still really like his upper raspy notes.  He probably still takes PV despite Corey/Gihanna being better but this performance def left room for an upset to be made.

10. Pete 7/10:  Another step down from the KOs, I liked this one but don't think it's enough to get past Blake's top 3 performances.  I'll be sad to see him go as he was consistently one of my favorites since the blinds.

 

Meh: 

11. Devan 5.5/10:  While it was pitchy like his KO, I low key enjoyed it.  Wasn't that great but a decently fun listen.

12. Pia 5/10:  Liked it better than her KO but still pretty boring

13. Victor 4/10: Judged this one too harshly initially since it wasn't really technically bad.  It was just super boring and another big step down from his KO performance which I enjoyed a fair amount.  Would have probably liked it more if the band noise wasn't louder than him.

 

Pretty bad:

14. Zae: Had a good start and then got very pitchy/messy at the end.  Loved his KO so sad he was this bad this time around.  

15. Zania 3/10: She went from being in my top 3 favorites of the entire competition to 15th.  Really liked her, a shame this song was so bad for her.

16. Jose 2/10: Yikes I see why I heard rumors of his KO being really bad despite being montaged cus this was not it.  Can't believe we lost Raine for this smh nick.

17. Andrew 0/10: Not even giving this a 1, this was completely irredeemable.  This was the "Youngblood" level performance of the night.

 

 

Edited by Anonnymoose
forgot zae
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

 

According to this my ideal top 9 would be:

Team Kelly: Corey, Kenzie

Team Legend: Ryleigh, Victor

Team Nick: Rachel, Dana

Team Blake: Anna, Cam, Pete

 

I'd rather have Gihanna and Pia over Kenzie and Victor though.

gah now i wish gihanna was on team legend shed crush the PV on that team 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iloveadam said:

6/10 Corey Ward - Bruises

6/10 Gihanna Zoe - Always Remember Us This Way (I love her outfit here.)

3/10 Zae Romeo - When I Look at You

1/10 Kenzie Wheeler - Red Dirt Road

 

It's pretty obvious that Corey and Gihanna should make it from TEAM Kelly, No one can ever touch Bruises after that German winner girl nailed it.

Zae was out of tune so bad, and Kenzie successfully put me to sleep.

 

 

6/10 Ryleigh Moding - Driver's License (The hairstyle of the night.)

0/10 Zania Alaké  - Dangerous Woman

5/10 Victor Solomon - I Wish

 

So that's the IDLF girl this season... LMFAO!!!!!

 

 

6/10 Dana Monique - Free Your Mind

2/10 Andrew Marshall - Put Your Record On

0/10 Devan Blake Jones - Shape Of My Heart

5/10 Jose Figueroa Jr. - Talking to the Moon

8/10 Rachel Mac - Rainbow

 

This Rachel girl is a real dark horse, she is getting better and better and knows how to choose perfect songs for her voice.

Team Nick girls 

 

5/10 Jordan Matthew Young - Gold Dust Woman

6/10 Anna Grace - Let Her Go

6/10 Cam Anthony - Take Me To Church

4/10 Pete Mroz - We Belong

 

Okay, Cam's first half was karaoke but the last part when he let it all out in his style kinda slayed me.

 

 

 

sheesh and i thought I had harsh ratings lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. JMY - well, color me surprised! Right in my wheelhouse, amazing low notes, solid highs. Glad he came through when Savanna was eliminated, he must go through, stg

 

2. Anna Grace - I've been hard on her bcs she really didn't impress me before but this was great, only one run too much imo, very connected

3. Cam Anthony - I blame the song choice? Vocally he was on point, his presence was of an established artist but still the song choice limited him in delivering like his KO

 

4. Rachel Mac - really solid, liked almost all choices, she was connected and it seemed genuine

5. Pete Mroz - such a pro, tragic song choice but he made it work

6. Ryleigh Modig - it lacked a little power and was off once or twice but still pretty good, perfect song choice for her

7. Dana Monique - she rose above the band and almost out of the karaoke lane. This made me respect her more than actually like her. Vocal monster, obviously

 

8. Pia Renee - i think the song was good for her, it was good just not too memorable or exciting like her KO

9. Kenzie Wheeler - same as Pia

10. Gihanna Zoe - not bad by any means but it didn't come together as well in comparison to all the above, great song for her

11. Victor Solomon - dancing was better than in his KO but still LOL, it felt karaoke but not bad vocally

12. Corey Ward - messy, not that bad but I also didn't like most of his choices 

 

13. Jose - glad he cut down on runs but there were still too many and on top of that it was messy and felt karaoke

14. Andrew Marshall - I don't think the song was that bad for him and it was nice in most moments but others were pretty bad

15. Zae Romeo - a hot mess and it wasn't even a bus

16. Zania Alake - girl, what happened?! going in you were legit Top 3 for me and you ended second to last. The song wasn't perfect for her but she shouldn't have done this bad with it either

17.  DBJ - I'm pissed as hell, he takes Savanna's place and then proceeds to do THIS? Connor no longer holds the title for worst performance this season so there's that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kelly

1 Cory

2 Gihanna

3 Zae

4 Kenzie 

 

John

1 Pia 

2 Ryleigh

3 Victor

4 Zania

 

Nick

1 Dana

2 Jose

3 Racheal

4 Devin

5 Andrew

 

Blake

1 Pete

2 Cam

3 Jorden

4 Anna 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of these have vastly improved after watching them on YT (Corey, Cam, Ryleigh...)

 

Slay

1. Dana (I'm deceased)

2. Jordan (This was badass. Definitely the breakout moment of the night)

3. Corey (So raw and emotional. Also love some of the vocal choices he made)

4. Anna (I can't believe how good this was vocally. Everything else was on point as well)

5. Cam (Someone said it already, but this song is HARD, and he still slayed. It wasn't the best fit imo, so that's why he is here)

6. Gihanna (Really pretty, and vocally solid which I didn't expect. Queen of proving this flop wrong :wub:)

 

Solid!

7. Rachel (Not as solid as Gihanna, but I was really surprised by how good it was)

8. Pia (Really enjoyed it. Hoping she gets John's save)

9. Ryleigh (I have some issues with her head voice but it was pretty)

10. Kenzie (His best performance. I expected to rank him higher but some people who I find more interesting unexpectedly delivered)

11. Victor (He was better than some of the people who are above him, but I'm ranking him here based on personal preference)

12. Pete (I expected to like this more, but vocally perfect)

 

Meh

13. Jose (Some great moments, and some off parts)

 

Trainwrecks

14. Zae (Really off. It's a shame because he had my favorite studio)

15. Devan (Savanna :()

16. Andrew (That note was a nope, and it was pretty cringey for the most part)

17. Zania (There were a lot of surprises tonight, but the biggest one is having to rank her last)

 

Strong night. The teen girls specially were a pleasant surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zae sounded amazing in his studio and I thought he had a shot at Kelly's save or at singing for the WC if he nailed it. Unfortunately, he was overcome by nerves and/or emotion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOVED them:

1. Jordan - YES SIR. That`s the Jordan I`ve been waiting to see on the show. Slide? Check. Great song choice? Check. Hauting delivery? Check. All around great and very musical. Really hoping he moves on.

2. Dana - Brought the house down and with class and style. Much better than her KO. She actually showed some nuance here.

3. Kenzie - Classic country boy doing his job again. That tone is fantastic, he has a great sense of pitch, and he`s overall great to listen to. Great job. 

4. Cam - My least favorite of his so far, but that should tell you how much I loved his previous efforts. Either way, he did fantastic as well. Great way to close the night.

 

Enjoyed them:

5- Corey - Sensitive soldier back at it again! Loved his rasp here. Even though he had a couple of rough spots, this was great for me. The emotion was palpable.

6- Anna - My favorite of hers by far. Still not a huge fan, but she did what she needed to do. This was beautiful.

7- Pete - Solid as a brick, and I love the warmness and confidence of his tone. All around pleasant and continuing the Team Blake greatness streak. 

8- Rachel- I preferred Dana on Team Nick, but I understand if Rachel gets the PV. This wasn`t the moment I initially pictured, but it was beautiful all around. Great tone and control. The dark horse keeps on galloping.

 9- Gihanna- While she lost a bit of control at the end, she started beautifully and overall kept herself poised and composed. Very good job by her. 

10- Pia - My favorite Team Legend performance. Bad song choice, but she made the most out of it. 

11- Ryleigh - If she gets the PV, I`d have no problem. She delivered when I was expecting a trainwreck. Good job.

 

On the fence:

12- Victor- Loved the song, the energy and the stage prescence, but he was bandzilla`d hard. I did like what I heard vocally, but it was not up to par with the ones ranked above him. He needs to do gospel, because time is running out.

13- Jose -  The whole thing was in and out of tune, but there were some beautiful moments there. Still, I think this is it for him.

 

I`m sorry, no:

14- Andrew - The poor guy got bussed. Plain and simple. All around bad song choice and a terrible arrangement, it did nothing for him. Plus the fact that he  came after Dana`s fireworks made it look worse. I think he might not even make it to the Wildcard.

15- Zania - After her fantastic KO I had high hopes. Those hopes went down a bit when I heard the song choice. And then she brought a shovel the minute she opened her mouth.

16- Zae -He sounded sick, or overcomed by nerves, but this was not good at all. Rough start and never got better. He`s out.

17- Devan - He seems like a nice guy, but I`m sorry, it should have been Savanna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...