AI 19 ● My Personal Idol / Artist Singles ● Discussion

istersay

11 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

They literally sang a duet together right before being eliminated? And posted a duet on instagram weeks ago? Casey is Elise and Chayce is Phil 🤷‍♂️

Oooh ok I seee. Thanks for the response. :haha:  I think he'll benefit from some of her fan votes.

10 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

I mean you never know. Many people may have diverse favs. I loved Hunter and Grace which could be pretty different from each other.  If you take the top 12/24, I had other favs that may also be considered different from one another. 

This is all very true. There are def some exceptions but I was more generalizing it. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

This should have been a sign to you about Casey going tonight. 🙈

Ooh I really don't get or see Casey's votes going to Willie (as much as I would love that). :haha: 

I mean Casey is a belter, but honestly,as much as IDF likes to "Pretend"  votes transfer from one artist to another, let's be real, most people quit voting when their favs are eliminated unless they have multiple favs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

I mean Casey is a belter, but honestly,as much as IDF likes to "Pretend"  votes transfer from one artist to another, let's be real, most people quit voting when their favs are eliminated unless they have multiple favs.

Whoever has the bigger fanbase will win.... Right now it looks like Chayce has the higher odds with a number 1 single on the charts. I wouldn't mind him winning even if his win wouldn't exactly be a brand new look for the show... 

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

tina fey titus GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

My bad. :haha: 

Don't worry the tables will turn with us and I'll be feel this way when Grace & Willie loses to Chayce.

5 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Thats also true. It's all hard to say and varies per each fan out there lol.

9 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Yeah, especially this late in the competition.  There's no proof whatever so ever that Chayce has picked up all these votes from Caleb, Arthur, Hunter.  And next week from Casey? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

My bad. :haha: 

Don't worry the tables will turn with us and I'll be feel this way when Grace & Willie loses to Chayce.

Thats also true. It's all hard to say and varies per each fan out there lol.

I like chayce well enough so I won’t be upset if he wins (which is likely but anything could happen ig).  When the top 4 was revealed  my opinion was Grace is far and above the rest but the other three are very talented in their own and have their strengths, there’s just something that Grace has that the other 3 don’t IMO. However I do think Chayce, Willie, and Casey have talent too. 

7 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Yeah, especially this late in the competition.  There's no proof whatever so ever that Chayce has picked up all these votes from Caleb, Arthur, Hunter.  And next week from Casey? 

Regardless of whether Chayce has “picked up” votes or not, he likely is the winner. 

Oh damn, didn’t expect to see Casey eliminated! Must’ve been that song choice. Chayce gets my support now but Willie and Grace are obviously super talented. Not a bad top 3, but definitely not the top 3 I wanted.

9 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Yeah.  I’m voting only for Grace and Willie.  Not Chayce.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Regardless of whether Chayce has “picked up” votes or not, he likely is the winner. 

Like Maddie, Laine, Sam.  Look what happened to them.   I thought Laine was treated poorly tonight. 

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

Even though Im not a fan of Chayce, I wouldnt be as mad at him winning if someone like Alejandro/Arthur did. That being said, we have seen in all 3 ABC seasons that the expected winner isnt always exactly who is going to win (Gabby, Alejandro, and Arthur were all expected to win but none of them did). 

6 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Like Maddie, Laine, Sam.  Look what happened to them.   I thought Laine was treated poorly tonight. 

I think expecting sucessful or superstar winners is a fool's errand at this point, but Chayce probably stands a better chance than Willie and Grace. I think the latter two would immediately be dropped like Just Sam last season.

12 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Oh damn, didn’t expect to see Casey eliminated! Must’ve been that song choice. Chayce gets my support now but Willie and Grace are obviously super talented. Not a bad top 3, but definitely not the top 3 I wanted.

probably same story as julia cooper from s19 the voice :( 

Laine must've been a blink and you miss him appearance. I saw Michael Woodard though? Like... WOW. Good for Mike but yikes at Idol and not giving a damn about their winners... :/ 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I think expecting sucessful or superstar winners is a fool's errand at this point, but Chayce probably stands a better chance than Willie and Grace. I think the latter two would immediately be dropped like Just Sam last season.

But look how badly the winners have been treated.  Maddie and Laine have never been allowed to perform their own music on the show.  Sam has been snubbed altogether.  Even if Willie and Grace don't win, they can still get a record deal.  Move on and not be locked to the Idol contract.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I mean, no matter if Idol had a "Modern" (which is a stupid term) winner that could guarentee them success and relevance, I doubt they'd treat them properly. Also, I think Grace is quite versatille and able to sing modern and nonmodern songs. 

22 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Maddie was actually predicted to loose against Caleb.

They all got significant iTunes boosts after tonight:

1. Chayce Beckham - 23

25. Casey Bishop - Love Me, Leave Me

30. Grace Kinstler - Love Someone

39. Willie Spence - Never Be Alone

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Maddie was actually predicted to loose against Caleb.

It was what happened to her post Idol.  She was not allowed to perform any new music on the show, even with her album dropping.   She has since said she can't  talk about Idol or her album or she will be sued.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

It was what happened to her post Idol.  She was not allowed to perform any new music on the show, even with her album dropping.   She has since said she can't  talk about Idol or her album or she will be sued.

Woah what? SUED? WTF American Idol?! 😠

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Woah what? SUED? WTF American Idol?! 😠

It was on a Reddit AMA she did a few mos back.   Maddie said unfortunately she couldn't talk about what happened with her album and the lack of support from Idol - because she was told there will be consequences if she did.

Edited by mytake1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I remember Trent Harmon coming back to S1 of ABC Idol to talk about his new album. He didn't get a performance, but a brief interview. I think he was supposed to perform, but it got pulled. Idol doesn't treat its winners well anymore. 

Edited by ptebwwong
  • Sad 2