AI20 Eligibility - Only 19 Winners Ineligible

Idol Maniac

40 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Oh wow I didnt know Sonika worked for Disney now. She did have that disney princess kinda voice

She did at one point.  And if she still does, she would not be eligible to compete on Idol.  Conflict of interest.

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Very few.  MJsBlog made the point that ABC Idol has always allowed anyone who didn't make the Top 10 to audition again.  But she said very few do.  And those who do rarely make it further.

Regarding Jeana, she's done with Idol.  She didn't even want to appear on the Series Finale at FOX.  And if Sonika still has a contract with Disney, she would not be eligible.

You mean Jena Irene?

• 2 weeks later...

So excited for JHud to come back and whoop the asses of absolutely everyone in the competition, Katy, Lionel, and Luke included 😎 🤩

This is obvious sarcasm and I know that she is obviously over the age limit, but one can dream....

I think realistically, even if there is an influx of old contestants, only an extremely small portion will actually get any airtime or make it far. It seems like Idol/the producers usually pick one or two returners (Laine, Margie, Genevieve, etc.) to give a spotlight to, while the majority get little to no airtime at all (Drake McCain, Ren Patrick, Kay Kay, Payton Taylor, Laila Spring, etc.). I'm expecting there to be maybe 1 returnee from ABC Idol and 2 from new Idol to get any airtime, and the rest will get covered up and hidden.