Can anyone prevent Arthur Gunn from winning season 19?

CandiceFan12

Can anyone prevent Arthur Gunn from winning season 19?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who can prevent him from winning season 19?

• Casey Bishop
    • Grace Kinstler
    • Willie Spence
    • Chayce Beckham
    • Hunter Metts
    • Caleb Kennedy
    • None of the above

3 minutes ago, kamil24 said:

Yes, Just Sam did it and the talent this year is stronger. If Arthur still wins then oh well.

Agreed. I wouldn't be shocked if he was the 2x runner-up. But if he wins, then that would be the most ridiculous excuse for him to win.

Edited by CandiceFan12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CandiceFan12 said:

Agreed. I wouldn't be shocked if he was the 2x runner-up. But if he wins, then that would be the most ridiculous excuse for him to win.

Arthur being the Amanda Kimmel of American Idol 🤣

• Haha 2

I kind of feel like they wouldn't let the comeback person win because they know it would cause some backlash. I think they introduced the comeback artist to spice things up and make it seem like they were doing this great deed to make things fairer. However, I don't think they had the intention of letting this person win. Crossing my fingers for a Grace win.

• Like 1

Last season Arthur was leagues ahead of everybody in terms of social media numbers and judges praise. With all of that, he could only get to 2nd place. This year, there are multiple contestants who are ahead of him or at the same level as him in both social media and judges praise categories.

You also have to consider that this year he is up against 3 WGWG's (Caleb, Hunter, and Chayce), whereas last year the only other WGWG in the Top 11 was Dillon (technically Francisco too but hes not white).

Edited by m1key

I voted for Gunn last year. He one of the best if not the best that have ever been on Idol but bringing him back is not fair to the other contestants.  Arthur is going to make it in the music industry and doesn't need Idol but I guess Idol need Arthur.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, coollbreezz said:

I voted for Gunn last year. He one of the best if not the best that have ever been on Idol but bringing him back is not fair to the other contestants.  Arthur is going to make it in the music industry and doesn't need Idol but I guess Idol need Arthur.

A nice comment on IDF about my 2020 Idol fave? ❤️ 

But yeah. Even if it had been Louis or Makayla... It still won't matter much in the end. Arthur still has a base but they aren't very vocal outside of social media like Facebook...

16 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

A nice comment on IDF about my 2020 Idol fave? ❤️ 

But yeah. Even if it had been Louis or Makayla... It still won't matter much in the end. Arthur still has a base but they aren't very vocal outside of social media like Facebook...

Yeah, Arthur's base isn't type to post on forums, blogs, etc.  That he has been able to maintain his base, could be that they are not typical Idol fans.  Which I can see Idol TPTB wanting to latch on too.  Obviously they know the breakdown of the vote counts.

In as far as Willie.  The ballads are getting old. Circle of Life?  Really? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

He doesn’t even seem like he’s trying this season.

why would he want to win? Either HR snubbed him or he turned them down—I’ve read both versions.

But the players are the same and I can’t imagine either party would be happy if they had to sign him.

8 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

why would he want to win? Either HR snubbed him or he turned them down—I’ve read both versions.

But the players are the same and I can’t imagine either party would be happy if they had to sign him.

I would think Arthur wouldn't want to win. However, I don't know why it matters about HR. It's not like old Idol where the label was forced to put out music by the winner whether they liked the winner or not. HR dropped Just Sam before they released any music. HR could always do the same if Arthur wins. 

2 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I would think Arthur wouldn't want to win. However, I don't know why it matters about HR. It's not like old Idol where the label was forced to put out music by the winner whether they liked the winner or not. HR dropped Just Sam before they released any music. HR could always do the same if Arthur wins. 

If HR consistently drops the winner or doesn’t put out music while they are signed, winning Idol will soon be seen as much as of a negative as winning the Voice. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

If HR consistently drops the winner or doesn’t put out music while they are signed, winning Idol will soon be seen as much as of a negative as winning the Voice. 

Agreed, but considering HR's track record I wouldn't be surprised if whomever wins this year doesn't do well. I don't think it matter if it's Arthur, Casey (who IMO has potential post-show), etc. who wins. I just don't think the label at this point is a good label & won't help anyone similar to The Voice contestants.

Edited by ptebwwong

On 5/3/2021 at 4:20 PM, m1key said:

Arthur being the Amanda Kimmel of American Idol 🤣

Even if Arthur doesn't win, I can see him getting a record deal that isn't an Idol label.  He has shown that he has been able to maintain a fan base over a year.  He has actually gain social media followers.  Maddie said that once the show was over, interest from fans really dropped.

I think whoever wins will have a tough time.  Just ask Candice, Caleb, Nick Trent, Maddie, Laine, Sam.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Even if Arthur doesn't win, I can see him getting a record deal that isn't an Idol label.  He has shown that he has been able to maintain a fan base over a year.  He has actually gain social media followers.  Maddie said that once the show was over, interest from fans really dropped.

I think whoever wins will have a tough time.  Just ask Candice, Caleb, Nick Trent, Maddie, Laine, Sam.

That doesn’t mean that he’ll win though.  There’s more competition in his laine and better competition outside it.

Getting back on topic, I think that Casey can beat him.

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

That doesn’t mean that he’ll win though.  There’s more competition in his laine and better competition outside it.

Getting back on topic, I think that Casey can beat him.

I never said Arthur was going to win.  I said that he can still get a record deal, because he has maintained a fan base, which is what labels like to see.  You are actually better off not winning these days and probably will have a better career.   Maddie and Sam have already been dropped.  Laine has yet to released an album.

I like Casey, so she wins, then what?  Look at what Maddie had to go through.  She couldn't even get an Idol appearance to promote her album.  And she has since said she can't talk about certain things regarding Idol and the label or she will be sued.

Edited by mytake1