AI 19 ● Coldplay Songbook & Mother's Day Dedication ● Discussion

istersay

Posted (edited)

I don't have a prolonged discussion to offer... Casey most deserves to win the show this Season. 🤞 that the majority of voters agree.

Absolutely bloody brilliant, what a lucky Mum

THIS 👇  is the kind of performance that gives wins and the kind of performance winners give.

Edited by Drew1903

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

It was absolute CHAOS and mayhem here that night. :dead:  Me included. :haha: 

I was a lurker during that season and yeah, that was certainly a night to remember (though not exactly the most pleasant). :haha: The other elimination that came the closest to that amount of chaos was Chris Daughtry's.

Casey - Coldplay song - Paradise, perfect choice for her, it fit her rock vibe and her vocals just glided over the middle section of that song, She gave a good vocal performance at the begining, a little off but she picked it up in the middle and the end. Mother's Day song - Ironic by Alanis Morrisette and in true rocker form, slayed it. Surprising song choice for Mother's day but it was entertaining and and lot of fun.
Chayce - Coldplay song - Magic. Perfect song choice for him, it was in his wheel house, that means it fit his voice and style, and genre choice. All in all, it just worked for him. Mother's Day - Original song - Mama. Again, cosidering he wrote it was perfect, could be on Country Radio now, he has that raspy voice that just sold it and it was well written.
Willie Spence-Studdard - Coldplay Song - Yellow, and MAJOR SLAYAGE POINTS, possible Winning moment, he totally made me forget that was a Coldplay song, he made it sound like an original song. Mother's Day Song - You Are So Beautiful to Me by Joe Cocker, double slayage points for him on this one. can't say anything else, it was pure magic. Ruben Studdard 2.0.
Caleb - Coldplay song - Violet Hill, and man did he sound like Morgan Wallen on that song, his vocals nailed it and just completley sold it. Mother's day song - Orginial song - Mama Said. From Morgan Wallen to Chris Stapleton, seriously. The lyrics were mature and beautifully written, the lyrics were like taken out of a Chris Stapleton Song. Not ruling him out yet.
Arthur - Coldplay song - In My Place. He totally changed the melody of that song, and definetley Arthur Gunned that song. It was a pretty cool verison. Mother's Day Song - Simple Man by lynard Skynard and it fit him to a t. perfect song for him and those vocals.
Grace - Coldplay song - Fix You and Queen Grace slayed a dragon, and slayed. Most emotional performance tonight and so vocally powerfull and beautiful. Mother's Day Song - When We Were Young by Adele and Queen Grace gave the most vocally beautiful performance in the History of Idol.
Hunter - Coldplay song - Everglow and wow, he did a great job, perfect song choice for him, the falsetto was interesting. Mother's Day Song - Original song - The River, it was well written and sung beautifully, however, this was the third orginial song of the night, and with the other 2, i feel like they cancelling each other out.

6 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF
*me streaming The River by Hunter Metts*

I feel you sister

Super bummed that Hunter is out but i think he has the greatest chance to have a successful career out of this group

BUT THANK FREAKING GOD THE DEVIL IS OUT! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

GIF by TV One

9 hours ago, Sept390 said:

I feel you sister

Super bummed that Hunter is out but i think he has the greatest chance to have a successful career out of this group

BUT THANK FREAKING GOD THE DEVIL IS OUT! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

GIF by TV One

I wouldn’t go so far as to call Arthur the devil (there’s someone else who I’d call the Devil but he’s not connected to the show), but I am glad that Arthur’s gone as well!