AI 19 ● Coldplay Songbook & Mother's Day Dedication ● Discussion

istersay

Thinking of how if Alanis Sophia made it to the Top 7, she also would've done an Alanis song tonight and I would've had two Alanis performances this round. 😢

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

But also Ellen still critiqued Paige's Against All Odds more than the judges have for anyone in four seasons.

omggg Lmaooo okay I will give her that. :dead: 

12 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

I don’t think Chris Martin’s advice was good for Hunter. Those high notes were the riskier parts of his range, but I liked the rest of the performance and the song.

Agreed.

Just now, jjeem said:

But is that the kind of song that Idol viewers vote for?

...Yes?

It's literally the most successful song from the second highest-selling (non-soundtrack) album by a female artist of all time. :dead:

Alanis is very popular with the primary Idol demographic.

1 minute ago, sublymonal said:

Perfect song choice for her. I still think she’s in danger but I think she would have been regardless. But I loved that.

She’s good, but she’s not my favorite, but I don’t think she is in danger. 

10 minutes ago, Solaris said:

They could have given us OneRepublic instead of Cold Play.  Ryan Tedder is worthy of my tv screen. 

I would have SO much more preferred that. :dead: 

Just now, Elliott said:

...Yes?

It's literally the most successful song from the second highest-selling (non-soundtrack) album by a female artist of all time. :dead:

Alanis is very popular with the primary Idol demographic.

Alanis is popular with idol’s demographic? ??? 

Just now, xfactor22 said:

Alanis is popular with idol’s demographic? ??? 

If we're assuming middle-aged housewives are a big part of Idol's fanbase, then yes.

I cant help but imagine how good Casey will be in years time. Shes so good now that I think her voice is going to age like fine wine.

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Thinking of how if Alanis Sophia made it to the Top 7, she also would've done an Alanis song tonight and I would've had two Alanis performances this round. 😢

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

• Like 1

Wow Casey really loooked like a young Alanis. 😮 Lol I only thought of this with her singing this song and her super long hair. But yeah her "Ironic" was really great - MUCH better than her first performance. 

It better be enough to push her through to the Final 5.

Yeah, I agree that was a good comeback song.

My thoughts after the first round: The girls were a bit off tonight; Caleb was the best he's ever been though Willie still won the round; Hunter was good until his voice cracked and then he let it get to him; Arthur Gunn absolutely has to go home.

• Confused 1