Olenna Tyrell

tenor.gif?itemid=5739159

Ramsay Bolton

7cab7018e5812f14f35dffb0969a637a.gif

Sansa Stark

b90bd07fd9998c4e835c78d1ec15dbe7.gif

Tyrion Lannister

@Alex95 @FrogLenzen @*Diana @NGM @QueenKalie @.Rei @Solaris @Zoey

Rankers can now send me their rankings. Write-ups aren't required, but comments are appreciated. The deadline for rankings is by the end of the day Sunday, July 25.

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

10. Daenyrs Targaren

woops sorry that was supposed to be in pm!

Dani ain't gonna win after her character assassination in the last couple seasons so I don't think anyone is gonna be bothered by this. But stay mad about Poderick I guess. 

8 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

1. Alex

2. Sola

3. Nico

4. Steven

5. Derek

Are there enough characters just with this show?  Or is the goal to have Korra's story included as well? 

Just now, Steven_ said:

I haven't watched Game of Thrones, but I have heard of most of these characters. I don't think there's an obvious winner like some previous rounds, so it'll be interesting to see who ends up winning.

Yeah I don't know who's gonna win either. I know a couple of these people won't win but I think there's probably like 5 or 6 potential winners.

Just now, Solaris said:

Are there enough characters just with this show?  Or is the goal to have Korra's story included as well? 

Yes, there should be enough Avatar characters. I'm not including Korra since that's a different show.

Would you guys say GoT is worth watching for someone who hasn’t seen the show but knows several spoilers already (such as which main characters were killed off)? I was contemplating whether I should give it a try, but I’ve heard that the ending was very disappointing.

Just now, Steven_ said:

Would you guys say GoT is worth watching for someone who hasn’t seen the show but knows several spoilers already (such as which main characters were killed off)? I was contemplating whether I should give it a try, but I’ve heard that the ending was very disappointing.

I think it's worth the journey despite the poor ending. It sucks that you know the spoilers already when I watched it I knew nothing and so all the deaths and stuff were shocking but I bet you will probably still like it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

You'll get different opinions from different people, but I truly honestly believe that the high points of the show are some of the best moments in television history. Regardless of spoilers. I was technically spoiled for a lot of it because I had read the books. 

• Thanks 1

Baelor, Fire and Blood, And Now His Watch Is Ended, Rains of Castamere, Winds of Winter, Battle of the Bastards, Hardhome, Blackwater, Kissed By Fire, The Door...

Some of the best television episodes ever created. For some people a disappointing ending ruins everything that came before, and I think that's plain wrong.

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Baelor, Fire and Blood, And Now His Watch Is Ended, Rains of Castamere, Winds of Winter, Battle of the Bastards, Hardhome, Blackwater, Kissed By Fire, The Door...

Some of the best television episodes ever created. For some people a disappointing ending ruins everything that came before, and I think that's plain wrong.

Yeah I agree with all this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I completely agree with this, the show has amazing seasons and even when the quality starts to progressively dip, you can find good episodes in the lackluster final seasons

... but I have to say (since this applies to a character rankdown), the characters that managed to dodge the endgame of the show (with a few exceptions) are probably the ones that aged the best for me as a complete arc (and probably bc they dodged that bullet)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Steven if you’re thinking of watching then don’t read any write ups lol. If you prefer I can just not do write ups this time 

No, I like reading write-ups. :haha: I’ve already read the ones submitted anyway. Plus, I’m still undecided if I’ll watch the show. Eight seasons is a lot to commit to.

31 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

No, I like reading write-ups. :haha: I’ve already read the ones submitted anyway. Plus, I’m still undecided if I’ll watch the show. Eight seasons is a lot to commit to.

Remember there's only max 10 episodes a season.

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

It's probably my favorite show ever, so I def recommend it. There is so much that goes on that it takes some people multiple rewatchs to get everything.

i'm pro watching shows that go off the f*cking rails tbh. I think I name dropped it during the tv rankdown (or might have been the film one idr) but I would recommend to any living soul to watch the first season of Homeland, even if most of the other seasons (esp 3) don't warrant it in any way :haha: