10. ALANNAH CURTIS

VpbEb7W.gif

u736MiQ.gif

DIANA: 6

SOLA: 9

CHRIS: 10

STEVEN: 10

SOLA

Nice last minute addition to the cast for the final season.  Used to tell a good storyline.

STEVEN

I didn't watch the last season when the show was revived by CMT, so I don't know who this is. From what I read on her Wiki page, she seems more like a plot device. I don't think she should've been in this Top 10 over Gunnar.

9. DAPHNE CONRAD

ColdDependentCats-size_restricted.gif

BlackandwhiteYawningDoe-size_restricted.gif

SOLA: 6

STEVEN: 8

CHRIS: 9

DIANA: 10

SOLA

Here mostly for the last two seasons.  She is so sweet.

STEVEN

She's a sweet kid, but that's really it. Apparently she was given more to do in the final seasons, but I lost interest in the show by that point.

8. LUKE WHEELER

3pKadaY.gif

ps0RPex.gif

DIANA: 7

SOLA: 7

CHRIS: 8

STEVEN: 9

SOLA

Always a fan of Will Chase, and he and Raynas relationship was one of my favorite on the show.

STEVEN

I suppose Luke had some redeeming qualities, such as his public support for Will. However, I remember how he threw a fit when Rayna beat him at the CMA Awards. He was so bitter that his fiancé won instead of him. He said she stole his trophies and his proposal to her was the reason why she even got the nominations. So Luke has always been unlikable to me.

7. SADIE STONE

yB9dKrM.gif

w7H1Dxb.gif

CHRIS: 6

STEVEN: 6

DIANA: 9

SOLA: 10

STEVEN

I like Laura Benanti and her character Sadie. It would've been nice if her character had stayed on the show longer than she did since she was one of my favorites. Even though she was only in one season, I'm glad she's here in the Top 10.

SOLA

Her abuse story line was heartfelt, but I would have put Gunnar in the Top 10.

6. DEACON CLAYBOURNE

When-Deacon-Looks-Rayna-Like-Your-Heart-Skips-Beat.gif

JZOe.gif

STEVEN: 3

DIANA: 5

CHRIS: 7

SOLA: 8

STEVEN

I'm surprised Deacon didn't make it to at least the Top 5 here. I thought he was one of the more likable characters on the show. The Rayna & Deacon love story was a central story arc of the series too. The writers did lean a bit much into Deacon being this tortured soul character, but he was a good-hearted man and a reliable figure for the people in his life (notably with Rayna, Maddie, and Scarlett).

SOLA

The defacto male lead, and I didn’t really understand why until the later seasons.  He was defined by the women around him.

5. AVERY BARKLEY

tumblr_mzvcf8XkYk1stzg93o1_500.gif

Js2T.gif

DIANA: 4

CHRIS: 5

SOLA: 5

STEVEN: 7

SOLA

He started out awful, and he got much better as the series went on.

STEVEN

He was Scarlett's jerk boyfriend in the first season, and I believe he was written that way so the audience would root for Scarlett and Gunnar to get together. After Scarlett and Avery break up, the writers decided to redeem him. Overall Avery did get better, and I liked him and Juliette together. He's still not one of my favorites though.

4. WILL LEXINGTON

276e06daaa10fd009d232ea66266ba2d.gif

N2y7.gif

SOLA: 3

CHRIS: 4

STEVEN: 5

DIANA: 8

SOLA

King Gay.  We stan our gay country cowboy.

STEVEN

Will coming to terms with his sexuality was his main storyline throughout the series. He grows as a character as he goes from a closeted gay man who married Layla to finally accepting who he was and coming out to the world. He was also a likable guy and a good friend to the people around him, so I'm not surprised he managed to rank this high out of this Top 10.

3. JULIETTE BARNES

3XWC.gif

ohf1cti.gif

SOLA: 1

CHRIS: 2

DIANA: 2

STEVEN: 4

SOLA

Hayden is the reason I started watching the show.  Her transformation over the series is amazing.  The songs she gets to perform are some of my favorite in the series.

STEVEN

I didn't really like Juliette at first, but she grew on me throughout the series. She was first portrayed as this rude and demanding up-and-coming country star, but she eventually matures throughout the series and becomes a more multidimensional character. She's arguably the most compelling character on the series and experiences the most character growth out of anyone else.

2. RAYNA JAYMES

571c3e846cb7ee84db3e92146ebe1d91.gif

jmBxqrS.gif

DIANA: 1

STEVEN: 1

CHRIS: 3

SOLA: 4

STEVEN

Rayna was always my favorite character throughout the series. She was the most likable and grounded person on the show. She was the Queen of Country with a lot of respect among her peers in the industry. She was a reliable mentor for the other female singers on the show, and Rayna showed a lot of business savviness too. The Rayna & Deacon love story was arguably the most root worthy relationship in the series. Nashville became way too much of a soap opera for me, and eventually Rayna was the only reason I continued watching the show. So, I did not continue watching the show after learning Connie Britton was leaving the show. I'm disappointed to hear how Rayna was written off, so I'm glad I gave up watching the show before it moved to CMT. Rayna was the best character in my opinion, and that's largely due to Connie Britton's performance.

SOLA

Star.  Loved her arch in the series.  Shame she wanted out of the series so they had to write her out in the middle of a season.  Connie also proved she had a great voice.

1. SCARLETT O'CONNOR

YZ0vk2F.gif

E1Z5.gif

CHRIS: 1

SOLA: 2

STEVEN: 2

DIANA: 3

SOLA

Probably should have been my #1, since she had some of my favorite moments in the seasons.  However I didn’t like how they handled her in the last season.

STEVEN

I really like Scarlett. Although I didn't like the direction the writers went with Scarlett a lot of the times, I always liked Scarlett as a character. She was first the timid poet who didn't believe she could become a country star, but she soon builds her confidence and grows as an artist. The Scarlett and Gunnar relationship was root worthy too, but then the writers made it way too messy as the series progressed. I think the writers put Scarlett through too many dramatic situations, and they could've kept it a bit simpler than they did. Regardless, Clare Bowen's performance is great and makes Scarlett someone worth rooting for throughout the series. 

• Steven_ changed the title to TV Characters Rankdowns (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Deacon was always hit or miss for me, and didn't really care for most of his music.

Avery had a good storyline throughout the series, but again none of his songs really stood out.

But that being said, my two favourite of theirs::

Surprised with Will's rank but very please with it - one of the better storyline of the series.

And Juliette is an icon! Really can't say which one of hers are my favourites but I think of these when I think of her :

Rayna was a star but hit or miss at time. My two favourite of hers are predictable but :

And Scarlet is a worthy winner - my favourite throughout the series who also had three of my favourite songs of the series.

• Like 1