AMANDA: 7

ANDY: 8

KALEY: 8

QK: 8

VICTORIA: 8

DEREK: 9

STEVEN: 10

ALEX

I kinda wish I voted against her in the final cuts instead of Erin because I feel like she might've gained more traction to go as Erin didn't 🙈. Meredith's still a fun and expected member of the top 10 though, and completely deserving. Meredith's alcoholism and sluttiness leads to some fun moments. Despite being such a random character, she's involved in some of the most iconic moments in the show's history (Michael running her over, Meredith vs. the bat, Meredith flashing Michael at the Christmas party).

QK

Meredith was apart of the main crew but not a main favorite of mine from that crew. 

DEREK

How did she sneak in here lol

STEVEN

I do like Meredith, but someone out of this Top 10 had to be last. Although she didn't have many individual storylines, she did bring a lot of comedy to the show. The writers made her wilder as the series progressed, but Kate Flannery's portrayal was a lot of fun. I'm glad she managed to make it to this Top 10.

9. JAN LEVINSON

3O8d.gif

65SK.gif

ALEX: 1

ANDY: 1

DEREK: 6

KALEY: 7

STEVEN: 7

AMANDA: 9

QK: 9
DIANA: 10

VICTORIA: 10

ALEX

"I am taking a calculated risk. What's the upside? I overcome my nausea, fall deeply in love, babies, normalcy, no more self-loathing. Downside... I date Michael Scott publicly and collapse in on myself like a dying star."

The fall of Jan Levinson is actually kinda heartbreaking. It's interesting to notice that Jan is pretty much the only woman in corporate at Dunder Mifflin surrounded by a bunch of men. She had to put up with so much sexism and bullshit and the entire job pretty much consumed her, leading her to a volatile relationship with Michael Scott and a very public breakdown. I would've loved to watch a dramatic version of The Office from Jan's point-of-view. Jan obviously has her faults, which is what makes her such a compelling victim. I feel like every other character learns how to deal with Michael or has a support system away from Michael to cope with him. Jan has no one, and Michael becomes her support system, despite the fact that he is one of the leading factors that causes her to fall off the deep end. Jan never really seems to get a redemption either which is also kinda heartbreaking. We never get much closure with her, just viewing her through the eyes of Pam as someone who's still kinda crazy.

I wish the writers gave Jan more of a soft side, because when they did she was genius. My favorite Jan moment is when Michael "declares bankruptcy" and runs away on a train. Jan helps him through his meltdown though and decides to join him because wherever Michael's going, Jan wants to be with him. More of that please! Instead, they decided to turn Jan into some crazy, nagging girlfriend, despite the fact that she's completely justified most of the time because Michael is...well he's Michael. Of course I am also grateful for this side of Jan because she's responsible for my favorite episode of The Office and one of my favorite episodes in television history, Dinner Party. Melora Hardin's performance on the show is so underrated and she flatout deserved an Emmy for Dinner Party (and deserves a lead role in, like, an HBO comedy yesterday). It also helps that for the most part, Jan's only in the good seasons so we never get tired of her ❤️.

DEREK

Legendary at reactions. Deadpan, seething, hysteria, she has a lot of range and it all works with the character

STEVEN

I like Jan, even though I first thought how jarring it was when the writers made her crazier and crazier as the series progressed. I've grown to appreciate that side of Jan now, and she's someone that's fun to watch on the episodes. I do like her professional and direct manner in the earlier seasons, such as when she shot down the unionizing idea after Michael was too scared to in the "Boys and Girls" episode. She became a different person by Season 4, but Melora Hardin's performance is excellent and brings a lot of comedy to the show - especially "Dinner Party." Holly may have been Michael's perfect match, but I actually did like Michael and Jan together (especially during the "Money" episode). Overall, Jan is a great character, and I think she's worthy of a Top 10 spot here.

QK

Jan was more of a side character so I am ranking her lower than the main characters.

Edited by Steven_

8. ERIN HANNON

fg9OihY.gif

I-dont-get-it.gif

STEVEN: 3

VICTORIA: 3

AMANDA: 5

ANDY: 5

DIANA: 5

ALEX: 8

DEREK: 10

KALEY: 10

QK: 10

STEVEN

Erin is a sweetheart and one of my favorite characters on The Office. She was a welcome addition to the series, and definitely the best of the newer characters. She was funny, and I liked her kindhearted and quirky personality. The only aspect I didn't like was the Andy and Erin relationship drama. I never liked Andy (even when he was first introduced in Season 3), and he just got worse and worse. Thankfully Erin didn't end up with Andy and she chose to be with Pete. Erin's best moments were outside her connection to Andy (except when she threw cake in his face and broke up with him on the "Secretary's Day" episode). I liked her relationship with Michael too as she saw him as a father figure. The writers oftentimes went too far in making Erin a clueless and childish person (the disposable camera moment for instance), but Ellie Kemper's performance was great. I wonder if her portrayal of Erin influenced her Kimmy Schmidt character since they share similar traits. Overall, Erin is adorable and one of my favorites, and I'm glad she's here in the Top 10 (even though I'd rather see her rank much higher).

ALEX

Erin is a great character, elevated by Ellie Kemper's performance. Unfortunately we only get her in the later seasons. Erin really could've benefited from the stronger writing of the earlier seasons. While she is the best "new" character in the show's run, I just can't put her ahead a lot of the OGs, which is why I voted against her at final cuts. I still enjoy her, and I'm sooooooo glad she ended up with Pete and not Andy, I hated their relationship so much.

DEREK

Basically a Kimmy Schmidt prototype

QK

I love everyone in this top 10 so it's not easy to rank anyone of them low but I think Erin made the least impact.

7. STANLEY HUDSON

flstanley-bg-pretzelday.gif?fit=480,270&ssl=1

giphy.gif

DEREK: 1

ALEX: 4

KALEY: 5

ANDY: 6

QK: 7

AMANDA: 8
DIANA: 9

STEVEN: 9

VICTORIA: 9

DEREK

"well, I like pretzel day"

ALEX

I wish we never did the cheating storyline because I think that was stupid. Otherwise, Stanley was hilarious. His moments were few and far between but whenever we got a Stanley moment, he stole the entire show. Pretzel Day, yelling at Ryan, "DID I STUTTER?!", the toaster rant, etc. All legendary moments thanks to Stanley.

QK

Here's where it gets hard for me Stanley is great I loved his grumpiness.

STEVEN

I have mixed feelings about Stanley. He does have a lot of funny moments throughout the show. He was oftentimes the least wacky character of the show. He was just a grumpy guy who showed up to do his job and collect a paycheck. Any time Michael would have his meetings in the conference room, he would ignore him and do a crossword puzzle. However, the cheating storyline was a disappointment – and him wrecking Michael's car after the reveal was too over-the-top. And even though Michael is ridiculous a lot of the times, Stanley was often too disrespectful to him ("Did I Stutter?" for instance). I still like Stanley well enough, but he isn't one of my favorites out of this Top 10.

Edited by Steven_

6. ANGELA MARTIN

tumblr_inline_ovcpnjlSqH1v3ek3j_500.gif

ofC5Mrr.gif

DEREK: 2

AMANDA: 4

ALEX: 6

QK: 6

ANDY: 7

VICTORIA: 7
DIANA: 8

STEVEN: 8

KALEY: 9

DEREK

I get the feeling she is going to be robbed so I don't mind boosting her ranking a bit

ALEX

I kinda hate her the last few seasons with the Senator storyline and all that, but I really love her in the early seasons as the office's bitchy cat lady. Also the secret relationship with Angela and Dwight was super fun, culminating in him killing Sprinkles. Like the rest of the show, it goes off the rail the last few seasons (the sex contract was SUCH a miss) but I still love her in the early seasons (especially the frenemies relationship with Pam).

QK

Another top tier character and it sucks that she just misses out on the top 5 for me.

STEVEN

I like Angela. She is a no-nonsense kind of character, yet she has her funny moments on the show (especially a lot of her talking head segments). She's judgmental and takes her role as the head of the party planning committee very seriously. However, she becomes very hypocritical after she displays the type of behavior she judges other people so harshly for. I do like Dwight and Angela together as a couple (how they kept it a secret made for some fun moments in the early seasons). I kind of wish the Andy and Angela relationship never happened though, and her romance with the Senator wasn't any good either. Nonetheless, Angela is a great character, and I'm glad she's here in the Top 10.

5. DWIGHT SCHRUTE

YQriI9W.gif

88edebd6117d62eb6fc8be499925fa6a.gif

DIANA: 2

QK: 2

DEREK: 4

KALEY: 4

STEVEN: 5

VICTORIA: 5

ALEX: 9

AMANDA: 10

ANDY: 10

QK

Dwight is one of the greatest characters ever created.

DEREK

"and [the cat's] name is garbage"

STEVEN

Dwight was my favorite character when I first started watching The Office. His undying loyalty to Michael made for a lot of comedic moments, and I liked their friendship throughout the series. Even though Dwight was the annoying and nerdy co-worker of the cast, he didn't annoy me in the first three seasons of the show. He seemed like a well-meaning, but gullible guy. A lot of moments with Dwight are among the funniest moments on The Office, whether it's him falling for one of Jim's pranks or the ridiculous things he would say or do. The secret Angela and Dwight romance was funny too, but their relationship was kind of crazy towards the end with the contract. I'm still glad they ended up together by the finale though. However, Dwight's character changed throughout the series. Maybe he matured, but I thought he went from annoying to just plain mean-spirited. The Dwight in the later seasons of the show isn't the same as the Dwight in the early seasons. Nonetheless, I still like Dwight, but he falls a bit in my ranking of the characters.

ALEX

Dwight has some amazing moments and obviously he's one of the most memorable characters on the show. I also find him infinitely annoying at times. He has very high highs and very low lows. I don't dislike anyone in the top 10, he's just one of the characters I'd least like to see win.

Edited by Steven_

4. KELLY KAPOOR

giphy.gif

35ee1296-0763-4c74-b082-a4db1653120f

VICTORIA: 1
ALEX: 3

QK: 3

ANDY: 4

AMANDA: 6

KALEY: 6

STEVEN: 6
DIANA: 7

DEREK: 8

ALEX

The business bitch :wub:. Kelly is underrated as the most psychotic character on the show. The way she tortures Ryan :wub:. The way she's the most annoying human being in existence :wub:. I honestly wish we got more of Kelly and Daryl's dynamic because he knew how to deal with her and I feel like the stark differences between those two characters made for a hilarious relationship.

QK

Mindy is an amazing actress and she had me laughing so much during all her scenes.

STEVEN

Kelly's a funny character. Her silliness and obsession with pop culture bring a lot of funny moments to the show. The dynamic between her and Ryan was a bit much at times, especially in the later seasons. I do think Kelly could've been utilized more in the show as she's mostly a side character. Nonetheless, Mindy Kaling's portrayal and writing was a lot of fun, and I'm glad Kelly is here in the Top 10.

DEREK

Kind of annoying but honestly she was underutilized in the show

3. JIM HALPERT

AridCrazyAfricanwilddog-size_restricted.gif

original.gif

STEVEN: 1

AMANDA: 2

DEREK: 3

KALEY: 3

DIANA: 4

QK: 4

VICTORIA: 4

ANDY: 9

ALEX: 10

STEVEN

Jim's my favorite character on The Office. He's a laid back and levelheaded guy, and he is oftentimes the straight man of the cast as he's basically just reacting to the ridiculous antics around him. Jim still has his funny moments too, whether it's the pranks he pulls or his aside glances at the camera. A lot of my favorite The Office scenes are of Jim's pranks. In addition, I like the Jim/Pam storyline. Their "will they or won't they" romance is the best out of all the shows I've watched with this trope. The audience roots for Jim and Pam to be together, and I'm glad they stayed a couple and never broke up once they got together. I also liked Jim's relationships with the other characters, notably Michael and Dwight. Jim was mostly nice and respectful to Michael, unlike a lot of his other co-workers. Jim and Dwight couldn't stand each other in the beginning of the series, but they became actual friends by the finale. Also, John Krasinksi did a great job as Jim Halpert; he played him perfectly. It seemed like Jim was the only role he'd be remembered for, but he's found success outside of The Office (such as with Jack Ryan and A Quiet Place). Overall, Jim is the character I related to the most. I like his personality and storylines, so he takes the #1 spot on my list of The Office characters.

DEREK

Is it basic to like Jim? oh well. he's the anchor for a lot of this series since there are so many ridiculous characters

QK

Only seems right to put Jim and Pam back to back in the rankings. He narrowly misses the top 3 for me.

ALEX

At his worst, Jim's a bully and an awful husband. At his best, Jim is one of the most relatable characters on the show and the relationship between Jim and Pam from seasons 1-4 is the heart of the show. I feel like he gets let off the hook so easily though. Jim's such an assh*le in the later seasons and I think he's pretty much always in the wrong in his relationship with Pam. While I enjoy many of the Jim pranks, I think many of them are just childish and petty and he's kinda obsessed with Dwight. I don't think they give him his due as a villain enough, when he clearly is. I feel like even with my tank, Jim could still win which would suck. But yeah, just ranking him last cause I hope he doesn't.

Edited by Steven_

Aww bummer that Stanley only came in at #7. :( 

I think I might have expected Jim to come in the Top 2 and possibly win. 😮 But #3 is still a great spot. 

Curious who will win out of this Top 2.

2. PAM BEESLY

243D.gif

tumblr_lz37ffHlAs1qcvteuo1_500.gifv

AMANDA: 1
ALEX: 2

KALEY: 2

STEVEN: 2

ANDY: 3
DIANA: 3

DEREK: 5

QK: 5

VICTORIA: 6

ALEX

The heart and soul of the show. The Office is nothing without Pam. She is the most relatable character on the show for me, and just one of the most relatable characters on television in general. I'm on her side, like, 99% of the time, even when the sexist ass fandom is hating on her. Pam's peak is in season three. The art show, running across the coals at the beach, her ~finding herself~ post breakup from Roy. Even when the show falls off the rails, Pam takes a few hits along the way, but I don't think her character gets destroyed like so many others (hi Andy).

STEVEN

I really like Pam, and the Jim/Pam storyline is one of the best parts of The Office. Michael, Dwight, and other co-workers bring a lot of comedy to the show with their silly antics, but the love story of Jim and Pam was the heart of the show. It's not often a TV couple that's portrayed as soulmates come across as realistic people too. They were easy to root for, and they remain my favorite characters of The Office throughout the series' run. But outside of her romance with Jim, Pam is a very likable character herself. Her arc in season 3 was very well done as Pam finally found her voice and gained self-confidence. She started off as a timid receptionist who hated her job and stuck in a bad engagement to Roy. She finally goes after what she wants, ending up with Jim and enrolling in art school. In addition, Pam's relationship with Michael was great too. She loathed him in the beginning of the series, but she grew to appreciate him and became loyal to him (most notably when she joined Michael Scott Paper Company). There were some bumps along the way (such as when he dated her mother), but I thought it was fitting how she was the only one to see Michael off at the airport in his farewell episode. Overall, Pam is a very likable character, and Jenna Fischer was the perfect choice to play Pam. She's a great character and worthy of a Top 2 spot here.

DEREK

"it's the same picture"

QK

Pam is an iconic character but I guess I just like the other 4 ahead of her slightly more.

1. MICHAEL SCOTT

tenor.gif?itemid=5574134

bwrsIKe.gif

DIANA: 1

KALEY: 1

QK: 1

ANDY: 2

VICTORIA: 2

AMANDA: 3

STEVEN: 4

ALEX: 5

DEREK: 7

QK

I thought the show would be fine without him since the whole crew was so phenomenal but it just wasn't the same without him he was just that great.

STEVEN

No surprise Michael Scott won this ranking, but it's well-deserved! Michael Scott really is the driving force of the show, and Steve Carell played him brilliantly. I will admit Michael was not very likable in the first season of the show. He was a jerk, but I'm glad his character changed once Steve Carell and the writers brought more warmth to Michael Scott starting in season 2. Although Michael is oftentimes tactless and inappropriate, he really does have a heart of gold and just longs to be loved and accepted by the people around him. Although he acts like an idiot a lot of the times, it brings so much comedy to the show. I also like how the show doesn't always have him be an incompetent boss; he proves to be a terrific salesman and shows why he ended up as the regional manager. Nonetheless, Michael's antics can be so ridiculous, but so many of the show's laugh-out-loud moments are because of Michael Scott. It's hard to pick a favorite Michael Scott moment, but some of my favorites include Prison Mike ("The worst thing about prison was the dementors!"), everything from "The Injury" episode, the "Women's Appreciation" episode, supporting Pam at her art show, "WHERE ARE THE TURTLES?!", and outwitting David Wallace and Charles Miner at the end of the Michael Scott Paper Company arc. And he has a lot of great moments with some of his co-workers, most notably with Dwight, Pam, Jim, and Erin. Although Michael is a bit much a lot of the times, he is an endearing character. The Office really wasn't the same after Michael left the show. Although the show is still watchable, Michael left behind too big of a void for anyone to fill. Michael Scott is one of the greatest TV characters ever, and he's a worthy winner of The Office rankdown.

ALEX

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael won and it would be obviously deserved. Michael Scott is the show. When Michael leaves, the show dies a slow and painful death.

DEREK

He stresses me out usually

• Like 1