Jump to content

Song Library


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I think its fair to only include those performed live in front of the coaches.

I agree with this (and that includes the montaged KO's we didn't see aired)

 

If you intend on including non-competitive performances (group numbers, etc.), I think you should just designate them with a different color or italicized or something.

The only exception I can think of this is the stuff that was recorded and released, like the S1 spare semifinal performances, S7 Wildcard studios, or S19 4-way KO contender Live Playoffs studios. Maybe those could be different colored as well? idk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I think its fair to only include those performed live in front of the coaches.

I agree because otherwise we have a slew of performances we don't know about, like the pre-blind audition ones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I agree with this (and that includes the montaged KO's we didn't see aired)

 

If you intend on including non-competitive performances (group numbers, etc.), I think you should just designate them with a different color or italicized or something.

The only exception I can think of this is the stuff that was recorded and released, like the S1 spare semifinal performances, S7 Wildcard studios, or S19 4-way KO contender Live Playoffs studios. Maybe those could be different colored as well? idk.

wait so include the montage kos or don't because they were performed on the show. 

I included the wildcard but i don't think im going to do the s1 or s19 and I'm only doing the competition songs and no chair turns

Edited by thevoiceisthetop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most "unique" song choices by each winner (performances of songs done the fewest times) as of the end of the pre-taped Season 20 rounds:

  1. Jake (7 "1 Time" Performances)
  2. Danielle (6 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances)
  3. Sawyer (6 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "3 Times" Performances)
  4. Chevel (5 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 3 "4 Times" Performances)
  5. Craig (5 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  6. Cassadee (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  7. Sundance (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "5 Times" Performances)
  8. Chris (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "4 Times" Performance)
  9. Brynn (5 "1 Time" Performances, 1 "2 Times" Performance, 3 "3 Times" Performances)
  10. Chloe (5 "1 Time" Performances, 1 "2 Times" Performance, 1 "3 Times" Performance)
  11. Todd (4 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)
  12. Jordan (4 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "3 Times" Performances)
  13. Carter (3 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "2 Times" Performances")
  14. Alisan (2 "1 Time" Performances, 6 "2 Times" Performances)
  15. Jermaine (2 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "2 Times" Performances)
  16. Maelyn (2 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)
  17. Tessanne (1 "1 Time" Performance, 1 "2 Times" Performance)
  18. Javier (1 "1 Time" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  19. Josh (0 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)

Notes/thoughts:

  • I really did not expect Jake Hoot, of all people, to top the list of most unique song choices for winners. 
  • Seasons 11-15 all had winners who did 5 "unique to them" songs.
  • Chevel and Craig's runs on the show continue to be weirdly similar (breakout moments in the KOs, minimal producer pimping, and almost identical levels of uniqueness in song choices). I also learned through this list making that Chevel's battle song is one CWB covered during his run on the show.
  • The pastor and the CCM artist also had the same amount of original song selections.
  • Josh Kaufman is the only winner to not have a single song that hasn't been covered on the show by anybody else. However, he was the first artist to cover several different songs on the show ("This is It", "Stay With Me", both of his battle round songs, and "Love Runs Out").

  • If Kenzie wins Season 20, he will have at least one unique song choice. If Cam wins, he may end up lower than Josh on the list - he has no unique song choices as of yet and only one of his songs so far has only been covered twice. If Cam wins and gets to do an original song but no other song choices unique to him, he'll end up around the same spot as Tessanne in the rankings depending on where the rest of his run falls in comparison to hers.
  • Of the top 20 contestants in Season 20, Emma Caroline is the only artist to have multiple songs unique to her on the show.
  • The following members of the top 20 (other than Cam, who I've previously mentioned) have no unique-to-them songs: Gihanna, Corey, Victor, Carolina, Rachel, Jose, Andrew, Pete, and Anna.)

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Most "unique" song choices by each winner (performances of songs done the fewest times) as of the end of the pre-taped Season 20 rounds:

  1. Jake (7 "1 Time" Performances)
  2. Danielle (6 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances)
  3. Sawyer (6 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "3 Times" Performances)
  4. Chevel (5 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 3 "4 Times" Performances)
  5. Craig (5 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  6. Cassadee (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  7. Sundance (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "5 Times" Performances)
  8. Chris (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "4 Times" Performance)
  9. Brynn (5 "1 Time" Performances, 1 "2 Times" Performance, 3 "3 Times" Performances)
  10. Chloe (5 "1 Time" Performances, 1 "2 Times" Performance, 1 "3 Times" Performance)
  11. Todd (4 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)
  12. Jordan (4 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "3 Times" Performances)
  13. Carter (3 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "2 Times" Performances")
  14. Alisan (2 "1 Time" Performances, 6 "2 Times" Performances)
  15. Jermaine (2 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "2 Times" Performances)
  16. Maelyn (2 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)
  17. Tessanne (1 "1 Time" Performance, 1 "2 Times" Performance)
  18. Javier (1 "1 Time" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  19. Josh (0 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)

Notes/thoughts:

  • I really did not expect Jake Hoot, of all people, to top the list of most unique song choices for winners. 
  • Seasons 11-15 all had winners who did 5 "unique to them" songs.
  • Chevel and Craig's runs on the show continue to be weirdly similar (breakout moments in the KOs, minimal producer pimping, and almost identical levels of uniqueness in song choices). I also learned through this list making that Chevel's battle song is one CWB covered during his run on the show.
  • The pastor and the CCM artist also had the same amount of original song selections.
  • Josh Kaufman is the only winner to not have a single song that hasn't been covered on the show by anybody else. However, he was the first artist to cover several different songs on the show ("This is It", "Stay With Me", both of his battle round songs, and "Love Runs Out").

 

  Hide contents

 

  • If Kenzie wins Season 20, he will have at least one unique song choice. If Cam wins, he may end up lower than Josh on the list - he has no unique song choices as of yet and only one of his songs so far has only been covered twice. If Cam wins and gets to do an original song but no other song choices unique to him, he'll end up around the same spot as Tessanne in the rankings depending on where the rest of his run falls in comparison to hers.
  • Of the top 20 contestants in Season 20, Emma Caroline is the only artist to have multiple songs unique to her on the show.
  • The following members of the top 20 (other than Cam, who I've previously mentioned) have no unique-to-them songs: Gihanna, Corey, Victor, Carolina, Rachel, Jose, Andrew, Pete, and Anna.)

 

 

thanks for these statistics. they are very interesting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

 

I really did not expect Jake Hoot, of all people, to top the list of most unique song choices for winners. 

I don´t think anybody did "Cover Me Up" before, right? Plus he did Reba (rare for a male), Trace Adkins, Rhett Adkins (another one that I don´t think has been covered frequently here), and he did a Luke Combs song that has never been covered before or after him on the show. 

 

We have 5 here, what were the other 2 if you don´t mind me asking? Because I know "Always on My Mind" and "Danny´s Song" are pretty much staples on the show. "Desperado" has also been covered before.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don´t think anybody did "Cover Me Up" before, right? Plus he did Reba (rare for a male), Trace Adkins, Rhett Adkins (another one that I don´t think has been covered frequently here), and he did a Luke Combs song that has never been covered before or after him on the show. 

 

We have 5 here, what were the other 2 if you don´t mind me asking? Because I know "Always on My Mind" and "Danny´s Song" are pretty much staples on the show. "Desperado" has also been covered before.

 

His duets with Kelly and Marybeth were both "never done before" songs - since they're listed in the spreadsheet here, I included them in my list.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Also, ironically, some non winning contestants that might not come to mind for unique song choices are the S16 country finalists fare pretty well in this category:

 

  • Gyth Rigdon ("Drunk Me" (battle), "Goodbye Time" (CB), "I Want to be Loved like That (PO), "Nobody but Me" (T13) "God Bless the USA (T8), "Once on a Blue Moon" (Finale) have never been covered before or after him since, that makes 6 "1 Time" performances)

 

 

  • Dexter Roberts ("Like A Cowboy"(BA), "Hurricane" (battle), "Believe" (CB), "Nothin´About You" (PO), "Something Like That" (T13), "Here Without You" (T8),  "Anything Goes" (Finale), and duet with Blake "Hard Working Man" have never been covered before or after him. That is 8 "1 Time" performances, more than any winner it seems.)

 

  • Andrew Sevener ("Tequila" (battle), "Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde (CB), "Boots On" (PO), "Long Haired Country Boy" (T8), and duet with Blake "All Right Now" have never been covered before or after him. That is 5 "1 Time" performances)
Edited by Misirlou
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Most "unique" song choices by each winner (performances of songs done the fewest times) as of the end of the pre-taped Season 20 rounds:

  1. Jake (7 "1 Time" Performances)
  2. Danielle (6 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances)
  3. Sawyer (6 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "3 Times" Performances)
  4. Chevel (5 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 3 "4 Times" Performances)
  5. Craig (5 "1 Time" Performances, 4 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  6. Cassadee (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  7. Sundance (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "3 Times" Performance, 2 "5 Times" Performances)
  8. Chris (5 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances, 1 "4 Times" Performance)
  9. Brynn (5 "1 Time" Performances, 1 "2 Times" Performance, 3 "3 Times" Performances)
  10. Chloe (5 "1 Time" Performances, 1 "2 Times" Performance, 1 "3 Times" Performance)
  11. Todd (4 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)
  12. Jordan (4 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "3 Times" Performances)
  13. Carter (3 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "2 Times" Performances")
  14. Alisan (2 "1 Time" Performances, 6 "2 Times" Performances)
  15. Jermaine (2 "1 Time" Performances, 3 "2 Times" Performances)
  16. Maelyn (2 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)
  17. Tessanne (1 "1 Time" Performance, 1 "2 Times" Performance)
  18. Javier (1 "1 Time" Performance, 2 "4 Times" Performances)
  19. Josh (0 "1 Time" Performances, 2 "2 Times" Performances)

Notes/thoughts:

  • I really did not expect Jake Hoot, of all people, to top the list of most unique song choices for winners. 
  • Seasons 11-15 all had winners who did 5 "unique to them" songs.
  • Chevel and Craig's runs on the show continue to be weirdly similar (breakout moments in the KOs, minimal producer pimping, and almost identical levels of uniqueness in song choices). I also learned through this list making that Chevel's battle song is one CWB covered during his run on the show.
  • The pastor and the CCM artist also had the same amount of original song selections.
  • Josh Kaufman is the only winner to not have a single song that hasn't been covered on the show by anybody else. However, he was the first artist to cover several different songs on the show ("This is It", "Stay With Me", both of his battle round songs, and "Love Runs Out").

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

  • If Kenzie wins Season 20, he will have at least one unique song choice. If Cam wins, he may end up lower than Josh on the list - he has no unique song choices as of yet and only one of his songs so far has only been covered twice. If Cam wins and gets to do an original song but no other song choices unique to him, he'll end up around the same spot as Tessanne in the rankings depending on where the rest of his run falls in comparison to hers.
  • Of the top 20 contestants in Season 20, Emma Caroline is the only artist to have multiple songs unique to her on the show.
  • The following members of the top 20 (other than Cam, who I've previously mentioned) have no unique-to-them songs: Gihanna, Corey, Victor, Carolina, Rachel, Jose, Andrew, Pete, and Anna.)

 

 

didn't jake hoot do desperado, which alisan did? and up to the mountain? that was done plenty of times before

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, QueenCami said:

didn't jake hoot do desperado, which alisan did? and up to the mountain? that was done plenty of times before

ohhh i got it, you didn't include them all lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

didn't jake hoot do desperado, which alisan did? and up to the mountain? that was done plenty of times before

Yes to "Desperado" but because he wasn't tied with anyone in terms of songs unique to them, I didn't look further than that - he didn't cover "Up To The Mountain" (that was his battle partner's blind, actually) but did do the similarly-titled "Up Where We Belong" which is counted under the "one-time performances". 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Yes to "Desperado" but because he wasn't tied with anyone in terms of songs unique to them, I didn't look further than that - he didn't cover "Up To The Mountain" (that was his battle partner's blind, actually) but did do the similarly-titled "Up Where We Belong" which is counted under the "one-time performances". 

Got it - I didn't realize you were ranking them at first so I just thought you were doing a comprehensive check on a few that had the most.

 

That makes sense, thanks!

 

(Also lmao, oops, I got the song wrong, I meant "always on my mind")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Gyth Rigdon ("Drunk Me" (battle)

If no chair auditions count, Jared Ming did this for his s19 Blind. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Josh Kaufman is the only winner to not have a single song that hasn't been covered on the show by anybody else. However, he was the first artist to cover several different songs on the show ("This is It", "Stay With Me", both of his battle round songs, and "Love Runs Out").

I would say that during his run on the show, he had that many unique songs, since no one did them before. I wouldn’t take them accountable for how many times their songs were covered afterwards lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Also, ironically, some non winning contestants that might not come to mind for unique song choices are the S16 country finalists fare pretty well in this category:

 

  • Gyth Rigdon ("Drunk Me" (battle), "Goodbye Time" (CB), "I Want to be Loved like That (PO), "Nobody but Me" (T13) "God Bless the USA (T8), "Once on a Blue Moon" (Finale) have never been covered before or after him since, that makes 6 "1 Time" performances)

 

 

  • Dexter Roberts ("Like A Cowboy"(BA), "Hurricane" (battle), "Believe" (CB), "Nothin´About You" (PO), "Something Like That" (T13), "Here Without You" (T8),  "Anything Goes" (Finale), and duet with Blake "Hard Working Man" have never been covered before or after him. That is 8 "1 Time" performances, more than any winner it seems.)

 

  • Andrew Sevener ("Tequila" (battle), "Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde (CB), "Boots On" (PO), "Long Haired Country Boy" (T8), and duet with Blake "All Right Now" have never been covered before or after him. That is 5 "1 Time" performances)

Gyth only has 5 because I included drunk me for Jared Ming s19, All Right Now was also done by a no chair turn. 

Edited by thevoiceisthetop
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2021 at 6:22 PM, David68 said:

You forgot this one it's been performed once

image.png.318d4abd15dba1bd2bcfb8a733331a28.png

She slayed this! Anyone else who sang this difficult number would have been eliminated immediately :wub:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...