Artists you were sure would sing well live, but they didn´t. /Artists you thought would flop live but didn´t.

Misirlou

2 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

No, no, i need proof.

If she flopped hard, then why did Alicia saved her instead of Terrence? 🧐

Screenshot_2021-04-18-20-23-32-57.jpg

I mean I think Christiana had an off week, her body of work was stronger then Terrence's, but from someone who is classically trained her playoffs were just horrifically sung (very cool arrangements though! I listen to Hey Ya a lot on Spotify) In the end I was glad she saved Christiana because Say Something was a moment

4 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

No, no, i need proof.

If she flopped hard, then why did Alicia saved her instead of Terrence? 🧐

Screenshot_2021-04-18-20-23-32-57.jpg

strategy. I dare say that Alicia didn't think Jacky would get PV

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

imo, jackie deserved it after "Alone" but alicia's team was stacked

Oh yes! just for me in her mind the Top 3 was Britton, Terrence, Johnny / Christiana. A POWERFUL TEAM, I was sad for everyone (Kelsea 🤧

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Oh yes! just for me in her mind the Top 3 was Britton, Terrence, Johnny / Christiana. A POWERFUL TEAM, I was sad for everyone (Kelsea 🤧

gosh yeah, honestly they were all excellent, it sucks that only a few could get through

• Like 1

There it goes this thread became "Alicia's S14 PO Team, who should have advanced?"

I still think Adam should've kept Jackie instead. Though Alicia got Jackie and had a strong performances during PO, she could've made the finale if she stayed on Adam's team.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 8:26 PM, B-B said:

I thought Carter would flop

Are you taking about Carter Rubin or Carter Lloyd Horne?

If you were talking about Carter Rubin then I agree

Carter Lloyd Horne was quite the opposite. Other then “Heartbreak Hotel” and “Way Down We Go” he didn’t do to well live. 

• 3 months later...

I honestly was unsure about Rachel singing well live, but after "Rainbow" she proved me and a lot of people wrong :yes: 

Also, some people doubted about Gihanna's singing live skills, man, they were wrong :stud:(Not gonna lie, i was kinda doubtful about her too) 

About the singers that i thought would do well live...poor Zania :no: 

I expected more from Zae too, i mean, he was a frontrunner, right?? :giggle:

Corey didn't flop, but he definitely never lived it up to the expectations i had about him

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

The two biggest examples I remember  are Dave Fenley and Selkii because both were seasoned performers. I thought Dave would make finale prelives but he needed the coach save and struggled vocally, and Selkii gave one of the worst cross battles and lost to a Team Adam contestant.

I remember people underestimating Ryleigh's live singing abilities. She was mentioned in a thread that consisted of season 20 contestants that IDF users thought would struggle live or something? Idk but she went in there and killed both of her live performances, arguably the one who did the best POs night out of team Legend (really tight with Pia imo) and her IS performance speaks for itself.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I remember people underestimating Ryleigh's live singing abilities. She was mentioned in a thread that consisted of season 20 contestants that IDF users thought would struggle live or something? Idk but she went in there and killed both of her live performances, arguably the one who did the best POs night out of team Legend (really tight with Pia imo) and her IS performance speaks for itself.

My biggest doubts on Ryleigh (and Rachel too) were age-based, since she was the youngest on Team Legend, but both of them did well in the POs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

My biggest doubts on Ryleigh (and Rachel too) were age-based, since she was the youngest on Team Legend, but both of them did well in the POs.

Gihanna too she ATE in the live showz (Reflection was amazing) and I thought she would be a bit shaky but she proved me wrong

• Like 1

I´m not a fan, and we all know what happened later, but specifically talking about playoffs, young Reagan Strange stayed on pitch for a longer time than quite a few of the other contestants.

• Like 1

Also thought Shane Q would do good cuz of experience and he seemed like a seasoned vocalist based on his BA & battle but I mean we all know what happened there. I think he should’ve picked John bc he would rly help with the technical aspects of his voice.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Also thought Shane Q would do good cuz of experience and he seemed like a seasoned vocalist based on his BA & battle but I mean we all know what happened there. I think he should’ve picked John bc he would rly help with the technical aspects of his voice.

There was a lot of footage of Shane playing on live venues, so he did have experience prior to coming to the show.

But there were 3 problems with him on the show from what I saw:

1. Nerves just ended him. He didnt have confidence on that stage to project more. (He flubbed his first lyric on his playoff song), and overall in the lives he didnt seem or sounded as secure as he was in his blind. He looked lost throughout.

2. He relied too much on runs. Run after run after run. He needed to pull more tricks up his sleeve. 

3. He didnt seem to understand the meaning of what he sang. I just didnt believe him since his performances didnt sound sincere.

Edited by Misirlou