Jump to content

Haley Reinhart or Casey Bishop for House of Rising Sun?


JONNYSBRO
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

 

I watched Casey's performance last night and it was good. Nothing will ever compare to Haley Reinhart version of Housing of Rising Sun. Haley performance of that was one of the best of all time. So would u vote Casey or Haley?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haley (one of the best performances on the show) but it wasn't a voting round for Casey so the stakes weren't as high for her. It was a victory performance after making it into the top 12 so it doesn't make sense to compare it to Haley performing it in a high-stakes top 5 round for votes. My point really applies to all the contestants. I never really judge "victory performances" tbh cause the adrenaline is high, contestants are excited, and the performance doesn't count for much so they probably aren't trying as hard to be perfect. They are just trying to get through the performance. 

 

She wasn't perfect, but Casey held it together the most out of everyone yesterday imo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funnily enough, this is a very hard question for me to answer. The 2 versions were so different from each other, and they both were technically perfect. I think that, if I am forced to choose, I would go with Casey, because I love rock music and she really went for a heavily rock-influenced version. But Haley was a beast too... It's unfair to choose, honestly. They were both 10/10 performances.

Edited by Brick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Haley is overrated and her version isn’t great. *hides*

Lol. 

 

I could name countless Idols who fit that description. 

 

Adam, Carrie...

 

But Haley? 😒

 

How by the way? Me defending her and saying she isn't does not count. 😅

 

Oh, and I loved Casey's version! Haley's version is iconic for many reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the way Haley’s started acapella and I think the band was too loud for Casey.  Haley is one of my favorite female contestants ever.

 

 I think I would choose Haley’s version although I love Casey’s too!!!!  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Yvette5151 said:

Casey, going back I hear some problems with Haley’s vocals although I loved the arrangement. Also, love Casey’s personality.

You can tell her voice was strained as that was at the very end of the competition. The live shows used to drag on forever, I believe AI10 had a top 13 and no double eliminations. Plus they used the save on Casey(poor Pia). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Raphy said:

The live shows used to drag on forever, I believe AI10 had a top 13 and no double eliminations. Plus they used the save on Casey(poor Pia). 

They had a double elimination after they used the save. S10's live shows were also shorter by a week than S4-S6 and S7/S9's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, KelseyW said:

I could name countless Idols who fit that description. 

 

Adam, Carrie...

 

But Haley? 😒

 

How by the way? Me defending her and saying she isn't does not count. 😅

I like how your post basically says Haley isn't overrated because you're a fan. There's not even an Adam fanbase here anymore. :haha:

 

But have you looked at literally at any discussion thread at IDF whenever someone sings a song that Haley did on Idol? The Haley stans start coming out of the woodwork to go "omg how dare X contestant sing Haley's song" or "omg they must've been inspired by Haley to pick this song!" You yourself have posts essentially claiming the same thing because Casey did Black Hole Sun on Sunday's show as if it couldn't been due to any other reasons.

 

And as someone who was actually on IDF in season 10, that user is correct. Haley was IDF's It Girl of the season which meant she could no wrong despite how mediocre the first half of her run actually was (BATJ notwithstanding). Just look at the redo of S10 that's going on where Haley is sailing through despite her run starting off on the performances it did. It's no different than how this place was with their other It girls of the season like Carrie, Jordin, Siobhan, Jax, etc... Even Jena got roped into that, and she's one of my favourites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for the question at hand even if there's already a thread discussing who sang each performance the best every week, Casey's was my favourite, though I've liked all three performances that have been done on Idol. Personally, I've always preferred Haley's Yoü and I performance to HOTRS that night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I like how your post basically says Haley isn't overrated because you're a fan. There's not even an Adam fanbase here anymore. :haha:

 

But have you looked at literally at any discussion thread at IDF whenever someone sings a song that Haley did on Idol? The Haley stans start coming out of the woodwork to go "omg how dare X contestant sing Haley's song" or "omg they must've been inspired by Haley to pick this song!" You yourself have posts essentially claiming the same thing because Casey did Black Hole Sun on Sunday's show as if it couldn't been due to any other reasons.

 

And as someone who was actually on IDF in season 10, that user is correct. Haley was IDF's It Girl of the season which meant she could no wrong despite how mediocre the first half of her run actually was (BATJ notwithstanding). Just look at the redo of S10 that's going on where Haley is sailing through despite her run starting off on the performances it did. It's no different than how this place was with their other It girls of the season like Carrie, Jordin, Siobhan, Jax, etc... Even Jena got roped into that, and she's one of my favourites.

I just meant by Idol fan standards. Not IDF standards.

 

Regular water cooler Idol fans name Adam, Carrie, and Jennifer as faves and that they always get the gigs so to speak...

 

Mainly because they are popular outside IDF. lol

 

I get that IDF overrates Haley but me saying Casey might be a Haley fan wasn't meant as a diss to her song choice or how she sang it. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KelseyW said:

I just meant by Idol fan standards. Not IDF standards.

 

Regular water cooler Idol fans name Adam, Carrie, and Jennifer as faves and that they always get the gigs so to speak...

 

Mainly because they are popular outside IDF. lol

 

I get that IDF overrates Haley but me saying Casey might be a Haley fan wasn't meant as a diss to her song choice or how she sang it. 

Adam's the touring vocalist for Queen, Carrie is one of the biggest names in country music and Jennifer's won all kinds of awards, so it makes sense that they're always getting gigs. People aren't going to book someone who they know won't draw an audience. :haha: I will agree that Carrie and Jennifer are both similar in that people tend to forget how their Idol runs were because of how successful they've been in the years since their seasons. (Though with Jennifer, it is worth noting that it took years after her season for her to become a big name.)

 

That's fair! And I apologize if I implied that about your posts. My point was simply saying that it's become a trend that anytime someone on Idol performs a (very well-known) song Haley did that there's a vocal section of her fanbase that will act as if the song is only being chosen because Haley did it on the show... *looks at the calendar* ten years ago. :haha:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Adam's the touring vocalist for Queen, Carrie is one of the biggest names in country music and Jennifer's won all kinds of awards, so it makes sense that they're always getting gigs. People aren't going to book someone who they know won't draw an audience. :haha: I will agree that Carrie and Jennifer are both similar in that people tend to forget how their Idol runs were because of how successful they've been in the years since their seasons. (Though with Jennifer, it is worth noting that it took years after her season for her to become a big name.)

 

That's fair! And I apologize if I implied that about your posts. My point was simply saying that it's become a trend that anytime someone on Idol performs a (very well-known) song Haley did that there's a vocal section of her fanbase that will act as if the song is only being chosen because Haley did it on the show... *looks at the calendar* ten years ago. :haha:

10 years ago I was 20... lol 

 

Thank you I appreciate that! Sorry I get defensive about my faves. Haha.

 

I think the only song peeps shouldn't cover after AI10 is Bennie and the Jetts. She made it fresh but unless you jazz it up it comes across as cheesy. IMO

 

I love what Casey's taste in music is! I mean "Decode?" And classic rock that is still very fresh and bold! 😍

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haley was special and she captivated many people on here. It’s nice seeing people bringing her up, that after 10 year and many seasons of idol she isn’t just another forgotten contestant. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...