• Hunter Plake
    • Noah Mac
    • Britton Buchanan
    • Domenic Haynes
    • Ricky Duran
    • Carter Rubin
    • Cam Anthony

39 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He´s also human and TPTB is also as unfair as it gets, so we´ll see. I want him to do good since he´s definitely got the vocals. 

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

A lot can happen. Nerves, bad song choice, he could get sick, etc. There’s always a slight chance. 

11 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I thought the same about Matthew, and his voice eventually got shot, so...

That post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I'm a die-hard Stan so of course I'm gonna say such things. 😂

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Female: Addison Agen Male: N/A

That's who I would choose out of the three too. 

Maelyn has 0 votes. Must be a glitch or something.

22 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I thought the same about Matthew, and his voice eventually got shot, so...

Seriously, the guy was going upwards and upwards in improvement. From his blind, to Cosmic Love, to Hallelujah, it´s like he didn´t have any limits and each week was better and better. And then came "It´s Time"...

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Seriously, the guy was going upwards and upwards in improvement. From his blind, to Cosmic Love, to Hallelujah, it´s like he didn´t have any limits and each week was better and better. And then came "It´s Time"...

I didn’t watch that season, but how strong was his support for him to drop off after one rough performance? Many contestants have overcome a bad performance and made the finale. Some even win after performing poorly in the finale. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I didn’t watch that season, but how strong was his support for him to drop off after one rough performance? Many contestants have overcome a bad performance and made the finale. Some even win after performing poorly in the finale. 

I believe he was the second contestant of the season to reach the Top 10 (he eventually reached #1) on Itunes when it counted, and by looking at the IDF pages of that season before the Great Purge, it was said that he was loved across social media.  

That being said, seemed like people back then mostly voted based on every week´s performances, not basing it on the contestant´s body of work, since several contestants now considered Minivan friendly were booted off early that season for underdelivering on a certain week. (The Blake power didn´t really work that season, hence it´s still the only one where he had 0 contestants in the finale).

That´s the only explanation I can find, because "It´s Time" was ROUGH. It was like a completely different person. And while he survived, he got even worse the following week. I think this was the first true downfall of a contestant on the show.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don't think he had much support. He was talented for sure but didn't have humongous support Sawyer also messed up but he sailed through that round and ended up winning. Why? because he had lots of support. But Mathew was all of a sudden eliminated because he didn't have enough support. Same goes for Chloe and Brynn and Carter.

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I didn’t read too much into this stuff when I started watching, but imo he was one of those contestants who relyed on only their performances to go far. Tess was exactly the same case, but she never flopped, so she won.

4 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I don't think he had much support. He was talented for sure but didn't have humongous support Sawyer also messed up but he sailed through that round and ended up winning. Why? because he had lots of support. But Mathew was all of a sudden eliminated because he didn't have enough support. Same goes for Chloe and Brynn and Carter.

He had tons of support, and he was arguably the clear frontrunner until the Top 10. I’m pretty sure he would have won if he hadn’t flopped.

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

He had tons of support, and he was arguably the clear frontrunner until the Top 10. I’m pretty sure he would have won if he hadn’t flopped.

So you think a contestant who relied only on his performances had tons of support? Lol. If you wanna talk about tons of support see Sawyer who moved on despite messing up. Mathew was kinda similar to Kimberly. She was eliminated only based on one performance. All of her other live performances were slayages. Some people may not believe it but the performance in which  Sawyer messed up(Imagine) was ranked higher that Kimberly's HOTRS on the iTunes.

My point is Shuler was on Kimberly's tracjectory. There was no margin of error for him.

Also, Tess had more supprot than Shuler. I'm pretty sure Tess would've won even if she had an off-night. 

22 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

So you think a contestant who relied only on his performances had tons of support? Lol. If you wanna talk about tons of support see Sawyer who moved on despite messing up. Mathew was kinda similar to Kimberly. She was eliminated only based on one performance. All of her other live performances were slayages. Some people may not believe it but the performance in which  Sawyer messed up(Imagine) was ranked higher that Kimberly's HOTRS on the iTunes.

My point is Shuler was on Kimberly's tracjectory. There was no margin of error for him.

Also, Tess had more supprot than Shuler. I'm pretty sure Tess would've won even if she had an off-night. 

Matthew didn’t have a (big) fanbase, but she had tons of support from the casuals  (Sawyer not only had the casuals, but also had a big fandom, so that’s how he could afford to flop once or twice) But at the end of the day, those casuals were the most important voting block in the earlier seasons, and Matthew had them in the bag before Top 10. 

Those casuals stopped showing up after he flopped, and as you said he didn’t have the fandom to survive.

And about Tess winning regardless of a flop, I disagree. But we’ll never know either way.

• Like 1