AI 19 ● Top 16 Reveal and Performance ● Discussion

istersay

6 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

I wouldn't mind an all female final 2 to be honest... lol

Same! I'm just trying to prepare myself for what feels like the inevitable lol. Although I don't dislike either of them and really enjoy Wille. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

Hey, even I'll concede that she had a down night last week. But a down week for her was still better than the train wrecks that Caleb, Colin, Hunter, Jason, and Madison put up last week. Group B was a nightmare--if I actually had to pick the eight finalists who were most deserving solely on those performances, Colin actually squeaks in at eighth place despite being the weakest pure vocalist of the Top 24 solely on the strength of his stage presence on his solo. And note that I'm not disappointed to see Liahona go despite not listing her in the "train wreck" category.

Hopefully America will give Caleb, Colin, and Hunter the boot, though I'm not sure if it's possible for the voters to screw up royally enough that the judges don't save Hunter. (Madison advancing I'm fine with. I didn't like her last week but she killed it this week. She didn't get that much screen time though so I was surprised to see her advance. TBH, Hunter performed well tonight too so I won't be too disappointed as long as he's not advancing at the expense of my favorites, but it was really painful to give him a quality rating tonight because as soon as the song choice was announced I was ready to elevate him back to Public Enemy #1 over Caleb.)

Edited by ScarletDevilCCX

Madison made me a fan tonight. It was one of the most mature and honest performances I’ve seen in a while, especially at this stage of the competition. Reminded me a bit of Angie. 

18 minutes ago, Raphy said:

Madison made me a fan tonight. It was one of the most mature and honest performances I’ve seen in a while, especially at this stage of the competition. Reminded me a bit of Angie. 

You know, you might be right. Loved Angie back in Season 12; can't believe she never got a 5-star performance on WNTS.

• Like 1

Alyssa - Sang Killing Me Softley by Roberta Flack which was also covered by reggae artist Lauren Hill. The PERFECT song for her, she started with the old school verison and then went into a more current upbeat sound and her vocals slayed. This verison was way better than Lauren Hill's verison.
Graham - sang That's Life by Frank Sintra, a jazz clasic, and Graham modernized the song and made it more current, one of his best performances.
Grace - sang Elastic Heart by Sia and just amazed, one of the best female vocals of the night and the perfect song for her, simply stunning by a stunning female artist.
Alanis - Sang The Story by Brandi Carlilie, and did a good job on it, her vocals were on point, not sure if she will be voted into the top 10, though.
Willie - sang Set Fire To The Rain by Adele and hands down the best male vocal tonight, perfect song choice for him, i got chills watching him.
Cassandra - sang Wikcked Game by Chris Issak and slayed her vocals, one of the most beautuiful performances of the night, one of the best femal vocals of the night.
Caleb Kennedy - sang Midnight train to Memphis by Chris Stapleton and wow, he nailed it, he was so focused on performing that he forgot to convey any emotion, which i think that song called for, i'm not sure but i am a fan of it.
Colin - Sang Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears and had fun with it, his vocals hit it on all right chords, though a little all over the place. He is definetly comfortable on stage.
Casey - sang Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, now i have to admit something, I have never listened to Soundgarden in my life but after tonight, i may have to. Casey may have made me a fan, One of the best female vocals of the night, she slayed.
Madison - sang Gravity by Sara Barellies, definitley one of the emotional performances of the night, she sang great but somehow not my cup of tea.
Beane - sang Searching for a feeling by thirdstory and i loved it, it's something different but a great song choice for him, his dreamy vocals perfect.
DeShawn - Sang Feeling Good by Nina Simone and just killed it, his vocals were amazing and the piano playing i loved.
Wyatt - Sang Use Somebody by Kings Of Leon and i loved every minute of it, he has the perfect rock voice for that song.
Hunter - Sang Skiny Love by Bone Iver and gave one of his best performances so far, great song choice for him.
Ava - Sang 2002 by Anne-Marie and her vocals were on point and she nailed it. if she moves foward, i would like to see her to some well known songs if possible.
Chayce - sang Waiting in Vain by Bob Marley and The Wailers and a simple song for a simple man and man, did he give one of his best performances so far, perfect song for him.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

When you realize someone can now sing Jesus Take the Wheel on Year You Were Born week...

Yeah...Season 4 was the first year they had a "Year You Were Born" week, seems crazy that people born during that season are on Idol now.

We haven't had one of those since S16, right? We're probably due for one this year; they usually trot it out every few years. ...Actually, looks like they used to do it fairly frequently, sporadically. The record shows that the seasons with that theme are...4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, and 16.

*quickly looks at years of birth for the two rock chicks* ...damnit, 2001 and 2005. I...honestly can't think of anything up their alley from those years. 2002 and 2004 would be so much better.

Then again Casey's mostly been singing songs originally done by guys anyway, so she should be fine. I think. ...Oh dear. Please don't let there be a "Year You Were Born" week; I'm looking at the top songs from that year and I think Casey's best option is to commit the cardinal sin of American Idol. (You know, covering Kelly Clarkson when not being forced into it by a stupid theme week?)

Edited by ScarletDevilCCX

13 hours ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

*quickly looks at years of birth for the two rock chicks* ...damnit, 2001 and 2005. I...honestly can't think of anything up their alley from those years. 2002 and 2004 would be so much better.

There's usually some lee-way if it was released as a single in a different year. That said, shame Casey already did Decode because Paramore's debut album came out in 2005.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:48 PM, joe14 said:

She's one of my favorites, but it's two weeks with odd choices. She's choosing "small songs" or songs that require a limited range and trying to go big with them so they result in awkwardly placed runs and high notes. We know she can out sing everyone at this point, so I mean yeah she will always be one of the better ones, but the songs need to better for her to reach the finale and potentially win.

That is a good point. I do want her to go back to her soul routes a little bit more, but I also don't want her to be 'one thing' because vocally I think she is in a rare class that Idol doesn't get too often anymore. 

• 1 month later...