Could of Adam made the finale in season 15 if he didn’t throw DeAndre under the bus

Sachin Jain

I don't think so, if DeAndre had won that IS, he would've probably ended up in the bottom 2 along with Kymberli and Sarah Grace would've sung for the last IS (I had a feeling that Sarah Grace always had an edge over Kymberli voting-wise)

• Like 1

If Reagan had gotten good song choices, I think she could have made the finale. She still got M3 after robegate and got the iTunes bonus in the playoffs (iirc?). I do think that TPTB wouldn't have let her get in over Kennedy, so she probably had to have taken a PV spot which would have been tougher. But that's an entirely different premise.

If Robegate didn't happen, Adam wouldn't have made the finale. DeAndre probably would have won and then gotten in the bottom 2 in the following week.

30 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Tbh I still don't get why the voters opt to vote Reagan after Adam's statement of throwing DeAndre under the bus.

Explanation simple to me. The fact that the vote was so close showed that there were many, many, many people just as disgusted by that debacle as so many of us here were.

As for her making the middle three the next week, I think it was a combination of disgusted people who had stopped watching, and thus would not be there to vote her down, and whatever dedicated fans she still had left who didn't want her to pay for that man's actions.

Maybe under normal circumstances, the top 10 IS wouldn't have been that close, plus DeAndre being in the bottom 2 the week before, maybe Reagon would've been Adam's representative in the semifinals and then her placement would've been between 7th and 5th but still I don't think she would've made it, not over Kennedy.

No imho

I think reagan had a stronger fan base but wasn't the better singer out of the two. Deandre had been up for elimination twice at that point. Adams team was made up on anxiety and weak fan base. He tried to go with his best shot and it made his team weaker in following seasons.  I mean what happened with his team in the following season was unforgettable

Edited by seamaidencora

This is considering that everything is played out the same besides Adam's "Robegate" call.

Reagan still sings "Cry" and struggles. Her B3 position is still existent.

Also to note, does Reagan actually sing in the IS? Scenarios:

1. She does: "Warrior" which would have been her song(see her fanbase thread or something) Considering she fell off in her T8 IS, I'm not sure she could bypass those nerves with a bigger song like "Warrior". Adam then calls in an equal pitch for DeAndre and Reagan, because of Reagan's poor excuse of a performance, she actually loses to DeAndre by about 4% or so. There's no "sympathy" vote here that happens for Reagan.

2. She doesn't perform and even if Adam calls in an equal pitch, it could still go either way. A sympathy vote could potentially play here, but I'm going to go with DeAndre still winning this.

Even if DeAndre can make the Semis, if he even has a subtle gospel song or something, to appeal to Minivan. At best M3 would occur, I want to say he could beat Kirk for a PV. But a disadvantage of being at the bottom twice and with hardly any fanbase to combat Blake's, I can't see him making above M3. He would lose to Kennedy in the IS.

If this question is trying to say Reagan "fairly" makes it through to the Semis and doesn't have that target on her back, I'm still sorry to say, but Blake was getting Kirk in, even if he was the weakest PV of that season. Maybe if she got the pimp spot with another gospel song, just maybe she could have beaten Kirk for that 3rd PV.

Edited by QueenMae16

52 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Reagan was always his best shot at finale and he knew it.  That's why he did what he did...just didn't work.

michelle obama GIF by Election 2016

If DeAndre had won that IS, he would've been instantly eliminated in the SFs. Either Kymberli or Sarah (I think Sarah) would've been in the M3. 🧐

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ATX29 said:

No.  

Reagan was always his best shot at finale and he knew it.  That's why he did what he did...just didn't work.

exactly. he chose his words very very poorly. i would have said something about considering the whole body of work at the very least - that seems the most fair in that situation.

reagan may have made the finale if she had good song choices, but tptb really wanted kennedy in there so i can imagine theyd manipulate things to keep her out if it meant getting kennedy in either way.

• Like 2