Best Performance Every Season

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I love how literally everyone so far in this thread mentioned SandyRedd's "River" as the best of S15.

I actually would've put it on mine but I just love Kymberli and OneUp's Battle so much.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She was consistently wronged on the show lol. Easily one of the top 5 auditions of all time and while she never topped it, she gave consistently strong performances. And then she lost to a girl who di

Not "God Gave Me Up" by Blake Shelton 🤣🤣🤣

How? I personally think Sundance has been one of (if not the) most creative male country artists we’ve had on the Voice. (At least since season 11). He was able to flip songs in a way few (or no) coun

17 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Season 19: Desz - Can We Talk

Season 18: CammWess - Say Something

Season 17: Rose Short - God's Country

Season 16: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist

Season 15: SandyRedd - River

Season 14: Kyla Jade - You Don't Own Me

Season 13: Chloe Kohanski - Landslide

All of this!!

Just for S13 I would add: Chris Weavers audition, Janice Freeman’s Knockout and Davon Fleming’s “I am changing” 

I limited it to one, although I would chose a lot more if I could

19: Desz - Don’t Let Go

18: Thunderstorm - Blackbird

17: Rose - Big White Room

16: Maelyn - Fields Of Gold

15: SandyRedd - River

14: Kyla - You Don’t Own Me

13: Chloe - Landslide

12: Chris - Superstition

11: Ali - No Ordinary Love

10: Alisan - Blue Bayou

9: Amy - Hotline Bling

8: Kimberly - What’s Up

13 hours ago, IAN27TAY said:

I pick 3/4/5 every season

Ali-Dangerous Woman

Ali/Courtney-Hit or Miss

Christian/Jason-Hello

Vanessa-If i were your woman

Chris/Vanessa-If i aint got you

Aliyah/Dawson-Walking on sunshine

13-I CANT PICK TOP THREE

Chloe-Landslide

Brooke-Stone Cold

Chloe-I want to know what love is

Keisha-All by myself

Kyla-You dont own me

Kyla-This is me

Dr king/Jackie-Sign of the times

Christiana-Hotline Bling

Kymberli/one up-Mercy

Sandyredd-River

Mackenzie-How deep is your love

Raegan-YouSay

Maelyn-Fields of Gold

Lisa/Betsy-The Joke

Maelyn-Mad World

Rose Short-Gods Country

Max Boyle- When The partys over

Katie Kadan- Baby i love you

Rose Short-Big White room

Khalea-Best Part

Toneisha/Jacob-Good as hell

Micah Iverson-Your Song

Tayler Green-Time after Time

Zan Fiskum-ALL OF HER PERFORMANCE

Desz-Can we talk

Cami-Skinny Love

Carter-You say

Chloe-Weak

HUN UR TASTE IS EVERYTHING

S3: Over You - Cassadee

S4: Sad - Amber

S5: Bridge Over Troubled Water - Tessanne

S6: Can't Help Falling in Love - Christina

S7: I Walk The Line - Craig (But really Masterpiece by Chris and Jessie)

S8: Make it Rain - Koryn

S9: Somebody to Love - Jordan

S10: I'm Sorry - Adam

S11: Nothing (I guess "Me & Jesus" for pure entertainment value)

S12: Nothing

S13: Tennessee Rain - Addison

Haven't really watched any full seasons after that.

Edited by Nerf39
  • Like 1

10.  Mary Sarah - "Where The Boy Are"

11.  Sundance Head - "I've Been Lovin You"

12.  Lauren Duski - "Deja Vu"

13.  Addison Agen - "Tennessee Rain"

14.  Brynn Carteli - "What Hurts The Most"

15.  Chevel Shepherd - " Travelin Soldier"

16.  Queen - "The Scientist"

17.  Rose Short - "God's Country"

18.  Tstorm - "Blackbird"

19.  Cami Clune - "Never Tear Us Apart"

S1: Javier Colon - Time after time 

S2: Juliet Simms - Oh Darlin'

S3: Amanda Brown - Dream On

S4: Amber Carrington - Stay

S5: Tessanne Chin - I have nothing

S6: Josh Kaufman - Stay with me and Christina Grimmie - Can't help falling in love 

S7: Matt McAndrew - Blower's daughter/Wasted Love and Craig Wayne boyd - I walk the line/The old rugged cross

S8: Kimberly Nichole - House of the rising sun

S9: The King - Somebody to love(This was the easiest one to decide).

S10: Adam Wakefield - I'm sorry/Love has no pride and Alisan Porter - Blue Bayou/Let him fly

S11: We McDonald - Feeling Good/No more drama 

S12: Chris Blue - Superstition/Love on the brain and Lauren duski - Ghoost in this house

S13: Chloe Kohanski - Landslide/Total eclipse of the heart

S14: Kyla Jade - You don't own me/One night only/Let it be

S15: Krik Jay - Bless the broken road and Sandy Redd - River

S16: Maelyn Harmon - Fields of gold/The Scientist/Mad World

S17: Jake Haldenvang - Powerful

S18: Thunderboy - Blackbird/Summertime/Home

S19: Julia Cooper - Alaska

Edited by Jordan Smith Fan
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I can't pick one for many seasons, so I'm sorry 🤪

S19: Desz- Can We Talk/Un-Break My Heart; Cami Clune- Skinny Love; Julia Cooper- Alaska 

S18: Megan Danielle- Piece By Piece

S17: Rose Short "God's Country/I Want to Know What Love Is" (she OWNS both song)

S16: Maelyn Jarmon- The Scientist/Mad World; Sarah and Maelyn- Angel (queen owned this season)

S15: SandyRedd- River; Kennedy Holmes- Confident

S14: Brynn Cartelli and Dylan Hartigan- .. Ready For It?; Brynn Cartelli- Here Comes Goodbye; Kyla Jade- You Don't Own Me

S13: Brooke Simpson- Faithfully; Addison Agen- Lucky; Keisha Renee- What Hurts the Most; Janice Freeman- I'm Going Down/The Story (ugh)

S12: Chris Blue- Superstition/Take Me to the King

S11: Ali Caldwell- Times Have Changed (srsly how can y'all forget 'bout this performance 🥺)

S10: Alisan Porter- Blue Bayou/Desperado/River (love it when she's not on her full-on vocal performance)

S9: Jordan Smith- Somebody to Love (king)/Climb Ev'ry Mountain; Jeffrey Austin- Say That You Love Me/Jealous

S8: Kimberly Nichole- House of the Rising Sun/Creep

S7: Matt McAndrew- Take Me to Church

S6: Christina Grimmie- Wrecking Ball/Hold On We're Going Home/I Won't Give Up; Kristen Merlin- Stay

S5: Jacquie Lee- I Put a Spell On You

S4: Sarah Simmons- One of Us; Danielle Bradberry- A Little Bit Stronger/Who I Am; Amber Carrington- Skyfall

S3: Amanda Brown- Dream On (icon), Cassadee Pope- I'm With You/Over You

i'm living for the taste here!

10 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Haven’t caught up enough on S1 to really judge it fairly.

S2: Juliet Simms - Roxanne

S3: Amanda Brown - Dream On

S4: Sarah Simmons - One of Us

S5: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell On You

S6: Christina Grimmie - Hold On, We’re Going Home

S7: Chris Jamison - When I Was Your Man

S8: Kimberly Nichole - House of The Rising Sun

S9: Jordan Smith - Somebody to Love

S10: Alisan Porter - Blue Bayou

S11: Ali Caldwell - No Ordinary Love

S12: Lauren Duski - Ghost In This House

S13: Chloe Kohanski - Total Eclipse of The Heart

S14: Kyla Jade - Let It Be

S15: SandyRedd - River

S16: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist

S17: Rose Short - God’s Country

S18: Thunderstorm Artis - Blackbird

S19: Desz - Can We Talk

HMs:

• Cassadee Pope - Over You
  • Cole Vosbury - Let Her Go
  • Matthew Schuler - Cosmic Love
  • Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing
  • Sisaundra Lewis - Ain’t No Way
  • Josh Kaufman- Stay With Me
  • Troy & Menlik - Maneater
  • Matt McAndrew - Take Me To Church
  • Craig Wayne Boyd - The Old Rugged Cross
  • Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain
  • Korin Bukowski - All I Want
  • Alisan Porter - Let Him Fly
  • Wé McDonald - No More Drama
  • Hunter Plake - I Want To Know What Love Is
  • Brennley Brown - Up To The Mountain
  • Stephanie Rice - Safe and Sound
  • Lauren Duski - Deja Vu
  • Noah Mac - Hold Back The River
  • Janice Freeman - I’m Goin’ Down
  • Addison Agen - She Used To Be Mine
  • Keisha Renee - All By Myself
  • Kyla Jade - You Don’t Own Me
  • Kymberli Joye & OneUp - Mercy
  • Zaxai - Cruisin’
  • Rod Stokes & Maelyn Jarmon - Yesterday
  • Jake Hoot - Desperado
  • CammWess - Say Something
  • Megan Danielle - Piece By Piece
  • Zan Fiskum - Blowin’ In The Wind
  • Sid Kingsley - Make It Rain
  • Chloé Hogan - my future

I also agree with a ton of these!

Unpop opinion: SandyRedd's BA was exceptional but I liked other BAs that season better in terms of vocal quality.

• Thanks 1

Really hard to pick just one per season.

S1/S2 didn't really watch, but loved Dia Frampton's original. Juliet Simms "Roxanne" SLAY.

S3 - Amanda Brown - "Dream On" Nothing but a vocal slayage and her range, damn sis going off.

S4 - Amber Carrington - "Sad" Pure, angelic, powerful vocal. Winning performance.

S5 - Tessanne Chin - "Bridge Over Troubled Water" - Emotional, captivating, stunning. This got her the win.

S6 - Christina Grimmie - "Wrecking Ball" Sheer power and a concert-level performance. 

S7 - Matt McAndrew - "Wasted Love" Didn't care for this season much, but Matt had that voice and not really a powerhouse. But a real vocal killer. The agony from his voice should have given him the win.

S8 - Sawyer Fredericks - "I'm A Man Of Constant Sorrow" Something about this performance that makes you jump and hear his full vocal range is absolutely amazing! Some can argue Kimberly/Koryn/India gave better showstoppers, but I think he killed it onstage praise to the other ladies, but Sawyer was the one to beat.

S9 - Jordan Smith - "Somebody To Love" You can't deny this performance and if he didn't win already, then he won at this point lol. Although HM to Madi Davis "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" my personal favorite of the season.

S10 - Alisan Porter - "Blue Bayou" Pretty much gave her a finale spot at the get go, and her wide range and sheer power would be tough to beat. Hannah Huston was a huge competitor though, but I think Alisan has more depth and range to her than Hannah showed off. 

I'll do 2nd half once S20 ends and performances have been shown.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Really hard to pick just one per season.

S1/S2 didn't really watch, but loved Dia Frampton's original. Juliet Simms "Roxanne" SLAY.

S3 - Amanda Brown - "Dream On" Nothing but a vocal slayage and her range, damn sis going off.

S4 - Amber Carrington - "Sad" Pure, angelic, powerful vocal. Winning performance.

S5 - Tessanne Chin - "Bridge Over Troubled Water" - Emotional, captivating, stunning. This got her the win.

S6 - Christina Grimmie - "Wrecking Ball" Sheer power and a concert-level performance. 

S7 - Matt McAndrew - "Wasted Love" Didn't care for this season much, but Matt had that voice and not really a powerhouse. But a real vocal killer. The agony from his voice should have given him the win.

S8 - Sawyer Fredericks - "I'm A Man Of Constant Sorrow" Something about this performance that makes you jump and hear his full vocal range is absolutely amazing! Some can argue Kimberly/Koryn/India gave better showstoppers, but I think he killed it onstage praise to the other ladies, but Sawyer was the one to beat.

S9 - Jordan Smith - "Somebody To Love" You can't deny this performance and if he didn't win already, then he won at this point lol. Although HM to Madi Davis "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" my personal favorite of the season.

S10 - Alisan Porter - "Blue Bayou" Pretty much gave her a finale spot at the get go, and her wide range and sheer power would be tough to beat. Hannah Huston was a huge competitor though, but I think Alisan has more depth and range to her than Hannah showed off. 

I'll do 2nd half once S20 ends and performances have been shown.

You nailed it(except for s8). 😉

S19 - If the world was ending (Payge ft Lauren) 

S18 - Blackbird (Tstorm) 

S17 - Girl from the north country (Mendeleyev)

S16 - Fields of Gold (Maelyn) 

S15 - Whipping post (Michael Lee) 

S14 - You don't own me (Kyla Jade) 

S13 - Landslide (Chloe K) 

I’ll do mine (top 3 every season cuz I just can’t choose)

S13: Emily Luther (Glitter in the Air), Chloe Kohanski (Landslide), Chloe Kohanski (Total Eclipse of the Heart)

S14: DR King vs Jackie Foster (Sign of the Times), Jackie Foster (Alone), Kyla Jade (You Dont Own Me)

S15: Chevel Shepherd (Travellin Soldier), Katrina Cain (Rhiannon), Sandyredd (River)

S16: Maelyn (Fields of Gold), Celia Babini (idontwannabeyouanymore), Maelyn (The Scientist)

S17: Rose Short (Gods Country), Katie Kadan (Baby I Love You), Rose Short (Big White Room)

S18: Zan Fiskum (Blowin in the Wind & The Story), Cammwess (Say Something), Allegra vs Michael (How Will I Know)

S19: DeSz (Can We Talk & Dont Let Go Love), Cami Clune (Skinny Love), Payge Turner (Creep), Chloe Hogan (my future) (yes this season was phenomenal and I had to settle with only 5 performances ok)

S20 (so far): Ryleigh vs Gean (pov), Raine Stern (Electric Feel), Cam Anthony (Lay Me Down)

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2021 at 12:52 PM, FloorWax said:

Season 19: Desz - Can We Talk

Season 18: CammWess - Say Something

Season 17: Rose Short - God's Country

Season 16: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist

Season 15: SandyRedd - River

Season 14: Kyla Jade - You Don't Own Me

Season 13: Chloe Kohanski - Landslide

Adding some more performances that I really loved from these seasons:

Season 20 (so far): Raine Stern - Electric Feel; Cam Anthony - Lay Me Down; Victor Solomon - Glory

Season 19: Sid Kingsley - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright/Make It Rain; Julia Cooper - Alaska; Cami Clune - Skinny Love; Chloe Hogan - my future; Ryan Gallagher - The Prayer; Payge vs Lauren - If The World Is Ending

Season 18: Zan Fiskum - Blowin' In The Wind/Light On; Thunderstorm Artis - Summertime/Blackbird; Megan Danielle - Piece By Piece; Allegra vs Michael - How Will I Know

Season 17: Will Breman - Say You'll Be There; Katie Kadan - I'm Goin' Down/Without You; Mendeleyev - Girl From The North Country; Jake Hoot - Cover Me Up/Desperado; THE OTHER QUEEN ROSE PERFORMANCES

Season 16: Domenic Haynes - River; Jej vs Beth - Jealous; Jej Vinson - Passionfruit; Rod/Maelyn - Yesterday; THE OTHER QUEEN MAELYN PERFORMANCES

Season 15: Kennedy Holmes - Turning Tables/The Greatest Love Of All; MaKenzie Thomas - Because You Loved Me; Jake vs Natalie - Closing Time

Season 14: D.R. vs Jackie - Sign Of The Times; Jackie Foster - Never Tear Us Apart/Gravity; Christiana Danielle - Hotline Bling; THE OTHER QUEEN KYLA PERFORMANCES

Season 13: Noah Mac - Electric Love/In The Air Tonight; Emily Luther - Glitter In The Air; Addison vs Karli - Girls Just Want To Have Fun; Addison Agen - Angel From Montgomery/A Case Of You; Chloe Kohanski - Total Eclipse Of The Heart/The Chain; Brooke Simpson - Stone Cold; Janice Freeman - The Story/I'm Goin' Down; Keisha Renee - I Hope You Dance (damn this was an excellent season)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Oh please don't remind me of her. 🤢

I know, it’s hard to accept that Queen Emily held her ground during the finale. 

• Like 1

It took me a while, but i came to the conclusion that, for me, not always but in most of the cases, a great performance is a one that manages to move me more than a one that impress me with great vocals (that two things doesn't neccesarily exclude each other, btw). So here is my list:

S19: Carter Rubin - Rainbow Connection 

S18: Thunderstorm Artis - Home 

S17: Rose Short - I Want To Know What Love It Is 

S16: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist 

S15: MacKenzie Thomas - Because You Loved Me 

S14: Brynn Cartelli - Fix You 

S13: Addison Agen - Both Sides Now 

S12: Lauren Duski - Ghost In This House 

S11: Billy Gilman - Anyway 

S10: Alisan Porter - Let Him Fly 

S9: Jeffery Austin - Believe 

S8: Sawyer Fredericks - A Thousand Years

S7: Matt McAndrew - The Blower's Daughter 

S6: Christina Grimmie - How To Love

S5: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water 

S4: Amber Carrington - Sad (This was the easier one to pick, for real) 

S3: Cassadee Pope - Stupid Boy 

Note: i picked only live performances because it doesn't feel right for me to compare a performance in a pre-taped round with a performance in a live round

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I know, it’s hard to accept that Queen Emily held her ground during the finale. 

Are you kidding me???

Burning House was so emotionless. She didn't deliver the message of the song. She just sang with and didn't showed the emotion it required. I guess the song was too much for her to handle.

Mary did you know?, Climb every mountain, God only knows, and stay >>>>>>>>>>>> BH. Imo

Just now, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Burning House was so emotionless. She didn't deliver the message of the song. She just sang with and didn't showed the emotion it required. I guess the song was too much for her to handle.

That’s the excuse that those who blocked her out and only focused on others in the finale give. :P Such a strong and deserving Top 2 that season!

• Like 1
Just now, Bk1234 said:

That’s the excuse that those who blocked her out and only focused on others in the finale give. :P Such a strong and deserving Top 2 that season!

It's not an excuse. She really didn't sing with emotion. Jordan and Jeffery was the true top 2 of the season.

Both of them were light years ahead of everyone else that season. It's so sad that someone who is as talented as Jeffery lost to two generic country singers. You may say that you liked Emily more but when it comes to vocals Jeffery >>>>> Emily.

4 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

It's not an excuse. She really didn't sing with emotion. Jordan and Jeffery was the true top 2 of the season.

Both of them were light years ahead of everyone else that season. It's so sad that someone who is as talented as Jeffery lost to two generic country singers. You may say that you liked Emily more but when it comes to vocals Jeffery >>>>> Emily.

You can blame Jordan and the producers for Jeffery losing to two “generic” country singers (an expression often used by people who despise country music.) Jeffery and Jordan were both strong, but similar, and Jordan was the only one the producers cared about. 😕

Edited by Bk1234
2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

You can blame Jordan and the producers for Jeffery losing to two “generic” country singers (an expression often used by people who despise country music.) Jeffery and Jordan were both strong, but similar, and Jordan was the only one the producers cared about. 😕

I blame minivan for blindly voting for Blake's contestants.

And btw I do like country singers but only those who are not "Generic". I really loved Amber Carrington, Craig wayne boyd, Adam Wakefield, and Lauren Duski. You know why? Because they weren't "Generic".