• Olivia Ximines
  3. 3. Favorite Male Contestant?

• DeWayne Crocker, Jr.
    • Dibesh Pokharel (a.k.a. Arthur Gunn)
    • Franklin Boone
    • Louis Knight
    • Nick Merico

On 4/2/2021 at 8:06 PM, holinessss said:

sam would've slaughtered arthur even more if she had a live stage tbh...

She only won because people felt sorry for her.  She was alone during the pandemic while the other contestants were with their families.    The label dropped her within a few mos of winning.  Her style was too old school.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 2
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I lost interest.... if they announced this in the beginning of the season, I would be fine. But it seems they are screwing the current Top 24 over. The last season artists had their chance, its ov

Yup, Arthur's getting it lol   Makayla's song choice is a big big song, I have a confidence she'll pull it off though, so excited! ❤️ 

8 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I mainly wasn’t fond of Arthur’s singing style.  Especially on “Country Roads.”  I never disliked him as a person, however.

loved the trucks passing by behind him during that performance.. 🚚

4 hours ago, Idol Maniac said:

good luck to everyone if arthur is back.. :devilwave:

and on a serious note: I  wouldn't mind seeing makayla again. she was one who got screwed the most by the home performance. 

• Like 3

People on IDF hate Arthur just lake they hated Alejandro not really shocking... :rolleyes:

I do hope he doesn't participate in this... It sucks that no one signed him after Idol, but hey. I'm still waiting on Hollie from season 11 of Idol so... :/ 

IDF rooting for brown skinned men who play the guitar??? Never going to happen. The Murphy thread has about 5 fans including myself so yeah...

I still think this twist is bull crap. :yes:

• Like 2
6 hours ago, KelseyW said:

IDF rooting for brown skinned men who play the guitar??? Never going to happen. The Murphy thread has about 5 fans including myself so yeah...

Same with the Wyatt thread lol. What's interesting is both Murphy and Wyatt are very much loved on instagram ;) 

Edited by jazzontherocks
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, KelseyW said:

And the Laila thread has two, so stop complaining. 🙄

Edited by Bk1234

IDF has lots of different opinions than the general public though and thats not something new at all. The GP loves acts like Alejandro, Arthur, Murphy, etc. IDF likes belters like Jeremiah, Makayla, etc. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, KelseyW said:

It sucks that no one signed him after Idol, but hey. 

Hollywood Records offered Arthur a contract. He turned it down.

Edited by Elliott
26 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Hollywood Records offered Arthur a contract. He turned it down.

If he turned them down, the Idol contract would have prevented him from putting out original music for at least 3-6 months. But he released original music less than 3 months after Idol ended.

Edited by AngelaKD
10 hours ago, KelseyW said:

People on IDF hate Arthur just lake they hated Alejandro not really shocking... :rolleyes:

I do hope he doesn't participate in this... It sucks that no one signed him after Idol, but hey. I'm still waiting on Hollie from season 11 of Idol so... :/ 

I still think this twist is bull crap. :yes:

Arthur can still get signed - to a real label - that doesn't include 19.    It's not inconceivable there are labels who want to see how he performs on the Idol stage. 

In as far as winning?  Maddie and Sam have been dropped by the label.  I think Laine will be next, since he has not even released an album in 2 years.

Alejandro deserves credit for creating buzz outside the Idol franchise.  His tours have consistently sold out and he was ready to tour overseas before the pandemic hit.  When he played at Lollapalooza, he was singled out by the Grammy's as an artist to watch for.  Stevie Nicks is a big fan.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, mytake1 said:

She only won because people felt sorry for her.  She was alone during the pandemic while the other contestants were with their families.    The label dropped her within a few mos of winning.  Her style was too old school.

I don’t think she won because people felt sorry for her. If her style was too old-schools she wouldn’t have won. I honestly think the format of having a 5 person finale helped her immensely as others split votes and she lucked upon being the winner. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

Just Sam also benefited from being the only “big voiced” singer in the finale. Jonny and Francisco both performed basically the same genre of music, Dillon wasn’t mainstream country, and Arthur was very niche and polarizing as a vocalist. 

I still think it’ll be hard for the returnees to surpass Willie, Grace, or Chayce. People will likely go for new faces instead of singers who have already had their chance. Arthur is the only returnee who I could see making the finale. 

Edited by Carrie_On
29 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I honestly think the format of having a 5 person finale helped her immensely as others split votes and she lucked upon being the winner. 🤷‍♀️

Vote splitting doesn't really mean much now that the votes are capped. You can only vote so many times for any given contestant, compared to the older seasons where voting for multiple contestants meant that you would actually be giving less votes to someone else since there was no limit.

14 hours ago, mytake1 said:

If you check out my article on why Just Sam won, you’ll get a good analysis of just why she won — and it wasn’t just because people felt sorry for her.  That might have played a role, but it wasn’t the only factor.

I actually think this is interesting! Well, the idea that is, since the S18 contestants kinda got screwed hardcore. I wish Francisco was in the mix, but I'm all for more Arthur performances.

Aside for him and Louis, all the others are just gonna get eliminated immediately again. :haha: 

Edited by Weedy_Speedy
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, m1key said:

IDF likes belters like Jeremiah, Makayla, etc. 

Only someone on IDF would try to call someone as basic and ordinary as Makayla a "belter" lol.

I'm personally all for the belters to take over Idol again. The "artists" have ruled this show for the lion's share of its history, it really isn't impressive anymore.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy
50 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Vote splitting doesn't really mean much now that the votes are capped. You can only vote so many times for any given contestant, compared to the older seasons where voting for multiple contestants meant that you would actually be giving less votes to someone else since there was no limit.

I forgot about the votes being capped. :dead: I still have PTSD where I would stay up for the full allotted hours to vote and then go to school the next day tired af. 🤣

15 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Only someone on IDF would try to call someone as basic and ordinary as Makayla a "belter" lol.

I'm personally all for the belters to take over Idol again. The "artists" have ruled this show for the lion's share of its history, it really isn't impressive anymore.

Well she sang some pretty belt-y songs last year like "The Prayer", "And I am Telling You", and "Cuz I Love You" so I dont see why she cant be called a belter lol.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, m1key said:

Well she sang some pretty belt-y songs last year like "The Prayer", "And I am Telling You", and "Cuz I Love You" so I dont see why she cant be called a belter lol.

She also sang a country song. #VersatileQueen

• Like 1
1 hour ago, m1key said:

Cuz I Love You is not a “belter” song, lmao.

• Like 1
  • Idol Maniac changed the title to American Idol Season 19: AI18 Top 20 Second Chance Twist