• Olivia Ximines
  3. 3. Favorite Male Contestant?

• DeWayne Crocker, Jr.
    • Dibesh Pokharel (a.k.a. Arthur Gunn)
    • Franklin Boone
    • Louis Knight
    • Nick Merico

On 4/2/2021 at 6:30 AM, jazzontherocks said:

I like your theory. This seems like a better format with separate competitions on separate nights. Still, I agree with some users that this attempt to redo last season really discredits Just Sam. Plus, it's sending a message to the current Top 24 that it won't even matter if they win - if the show does not like the outcome, they can plan a redo next season.

The Second Chance has everything to do with last year being wrecked by the pandemic and you know it.

I agree that this is highly unorthodox and probably unfair (weren't most analysts predicting an Arthur Gunn win last year? I'm amazed he's not in the ineligible group), but way back when COVID first happened I feel like we all felt that the semifinalists should've been invited no questions asked, like even if they would've aged out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

The Second Chance has everything to do with last year being wrecked by the pandemic and you know it.

I agree that this is highly unorthodox and probably unfair (weren't most analysts predicting an Arthur Gunn win last year? I'm amazed he's not in the ineligible group), but way back when COVID first happened I feel like we all felt that the semifinalists should've been invited no questions asked, like even if they would've aged out.

Yeah, the pandemic is probably more responsible for this Second Chance twist than a desire to discredit Just Sam.

1 hour ago, Bonga said:

Unpopular opinion: The last person I want to come back is Makayla

How many times can they keeping bringing her back?  She was already eliminated by the voters, then the judges brought her back as a wildcard only to get voted off the next week.  And she has experience, she competed on America's Got Talent.

Edited by mytake1

Another thing I hate with this twist is they gonna do big cuts again, like 3/4 eliminations every week

I miss the time when only 1 gets cut and contestants are given chances for redemption. Like Haley Reinhart would be eliminated at top 12 round with this new rule

1 hour ago, Sept390 said:

Another thing I hate with this twist is they gonna do big cuts again, like 3/4 eliminations every week

I miss the time when only 1 gets cut and contestants are given chances for redemption. Like Haley Reinhart would be eliminated at top 12 round with this new rule

Thankfully there are two performance shows a week this season so hopefully the cuts won’t be as steep every round.

22 hours ago, IdolFan117 said:

Thankfully there are two performance shows a week this season so hopefully the cuts won’t be as steep every round.

I thought the Monday one was a result show

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-season-18-comeback-twist-confirmed-song-spoilers.htm

Billboard magazine, confirms the contestants and song spoilers:

Faith Becnel: “Cry Baby” (Janis Joplin)
Franklin Boone: “Meant to Live” (Switchfoot)
DeWayne Crocker Jr.: “Voice of God” (Dante Bowe feat. Steffany Gretzinger & Chandler Moore)
Cyniah Elise: “Edge of Midnight (Midnight Sky Remix)” (Miley Cyrus feat. Stevie Nicks)
Arthur Gunn: “Iris” (Goo Goo Dolls)
Aliana Jester: “I’ll Never Love Again” (Lady Gaga)
Louis Knight: “Maybe That” (Louis Knight)
Nick Merico: “City Lights” (Nick Merico)
Makayla Phillips: “Anyone” (Demi Lovato)
Olivia Ximines: “Say Yes” (Michelle Williams feat. Beyonce? & Kelly Rowland)

on Sunday April 18, the Top 12 will perform Oscar nominated songs, hoping to to secure a spot in the Top 9. then season 18 perform and the winner will join season 19 to form the top 10. 

18 minutes ago, blackfield said:

Louis singing one of my favorite originals from him. 🥰

18 minutes ago, blackfield said:

Makayla singing Demi. 🥰

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

At least Louis and Makayla would be leaving on a high note. ^_^

I already know I don't need to hear Arthur covering Iris in my life, and yet he's probably going to be the one that advances regardless.

200.gif

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, blackfield said:

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-season-18-comeback-twist-confirmed-song-spoilers.htm

Billboard magazine, confirms the contestants and song spoilers:

Faith Becnel: “Cry Baby” (Janis Joplin)
Franklin Boone: “Meant to Live” (Switchfoot)
DeWayne Crocker Jr.: “Voice of God” (Dante Bowe feat. Steffany Gretzinger & Chandler Moore)
Cyniah Elise: “Edge of Midnight (Midnight Sky Remix)” (Miley Cyrus feat. Stevie Nicks)
Arthur Gunn: “Iris” (Goo Goo Dolls)
Aliana Jester: “I’ll Never Love Again” (Lady Gaga)
Nick Merico: “City Lights” (Nick Merico)
Olivia Ximines: “Say Yes” (Michelle Williams feat. Beyonce? & Kelly Rowland)

on Sunday April 18, the Top 12 will perform Oscar nominated songs, hoping to to secure a spot in the Top 9. then season 18 perform and the winner will join season 19 to form the top 10. 

Yup, Arthur's getting it lol

Makayla's song choice is a big big song, I have a confidence she'll pull it off though, so excited! ❤️ 

• Like 3

To be honest, if we excluded Arthur (because he was the runner-up), then I would not feel that bad about one of the others returning. They didn't get that much exposure, it would not be too unfair.

This way, it will just be Arthur's return lol

• Like 2