Most Creative Arrangements (That have either worked or failed)

Misirlou

What were some of the most creative flips/arrangements any contestant has done to a song? You can name the ones that work, and the ones that, while didn´t really work for them, still deserve acknowledgement for their creativity.

For me:

Hunter Plake - Higher Love

Noah Mac - Electric Love

Britton Buchanan - What´s Love Got to Do With It

Madi Davis - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Will Breman - Say You´ll Be There

Nelson Cade III- Best Part (This was very pitchy, but props for such a creative version, very jazzy)

Katrina Cain- Rihannon

Jej Vinson - Passionfruit

• Like 1

Dia Frampton - Heartless (I didn’t watch S1, but from what I have watched on YT this is my favorite performance from it)

Lindsey Pavao - Say Aah (so underrated)

Melanie Martinez - Toxic (I know Toxic has been flipped to death, but this is the version that has always stood out to me)
Taylor Phelan - Sweater Weather

Amy Vachal - Blank Space

Noah Mac - Electric Love

Addison Agen - Lucky

Christiana Danielle - Elastic Heart

Edit: I forgot one of the best ones, Christina’s Hold On, We’re Going Home. So good.

Edit2: Also, Christian Porter - Sexy and I Know It

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AliXRose said:

Shame ! I forgot this masterpiece, outsold the original

I contemplated putting this in my Season 20 post, I just wasn't sure whether it was as creative as Savanna C's or Halley's arrangements. (For the record, I like Lindsay's performance the best out of those three)

Might I add to Christina Danielle's creative arrangement, the Umbrella, although it somehow failed live. I've never heard that song sung that way and I think it's really risky

Also, Chris Blue's Love on the Brain! Probably the most creative and the best version (for me) of that song. (many will probably argue but idc 😉

If battles do count, then I'll also add Jason and Christian's version of Hello. (Jason's a changed man now and he's on Idol, love him)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
14 minutes ago, BlakePointingHisFinger said:

DeAndre Nico "Wanted" and Jordan Matthew Young "Stay". An R&B take on a country song and vice versa and both arrangements were fire.

The latter reminds me of Taylor Alexander (S12) - Believe. Originally a dance-pop song, he turned that into country.

• Like 1