IDF Showdown

Daillon

IDF Showdown

Heavily inspired by some games from the old server (IDF Singing Competition, The Voice: Team Challenge...)

What’s this game about? This is a singing competition, but instead of having Voice/Idol contestants, the contestants will be artists from every sector of the industry. The coaches will draft 3 of their favorites in order to showcase their music. Not every artist will be allowed to participate though (I’ll go into detail later).

The coaches? This game would have between 5-8 coaches, 8 coaches being the ideal number. Everyone can be a coach on this game, but my main priority is to have a varied panel, so we can showcase artists from different genres.

The format? It will depend on the number of coaches we have, but if we get the ideal number of 8 coaches, the format will be the following:

Top 24 > Top 20 > Top 16 > Top 12 > Top 10 > Top 8 > Top 6 > Top 5 > Top 4

Most rounds would have a theme to spice things up (Acoustic, Cover, Uptempo, Obscure…)

The draft? I’m banning from the draft the Top 50 artists with most Spotify followers from this list https://chartmasters.org/spotify-most-followed-artists/. We all love Adele or Beyoncé, but if someone drafts them they are winning :haha: Besides, the main focus of this game is to introduce you to new music/artists, and a good chunk of us are already familiar with many of these artists. I’m banning Voice/Idol contestants as well, because they would probably have an advantage, and they are already being shown in other games in the subforum. It also would be a way to set this game apart from the re-dos/fanmade seasons.

Everyone else is eligible, but these restrictions might change in the future. 

When? My plan is to start this after The Voice S20 finale. We will have a singing comps drought for a few months, so it makes sense to start this by then, to keep us entertained.

This all subject to change, and there is a lot of stuff I haven’t decided yet (voting, how the draft and coach selection will work…). Any suggestions and questions are welcome.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Also Miley Cyrus, Charlie Puth, Harry Styles, Justin Timberlake, Lewis Capaldi, etc. :giggle:

4/5 of those artists would probably struggle in voting because of their gender. :dead:

30 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

@Daillon For American Idol/Voice alums, are they banned only if they made it to a certain point on the show? If so, what is that point?

The ban would be for everyone, including finalists (I would make an exception for people like Daughtry and Melanie, but that would mean I had to allow Carrie and Kelly, and they would run away with this + a lot of IDFers are familiar with them.

I thought of an idea to give some Voice/Idol artists some promo/recognition to make up for their absence: to post some of their post-show work in the results show after each round.

• Like 1

Just now, Daillon said:

I thought of an idea to give some Voice/Idol artists some promo/recognition to make up for their absence: to post some of their post-show work in the results show after each round.

That’s fair. I like this idea for the result shows. 

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

That's the same time as the All-Stars season live shows. @Bk1234, I guess we'll be super busy in late May/early June lol 😂

Plus, I’ll have my S20 Ranking List. 

Which One Choices GIF

Edited by Bk1234
  • Haha 1

I’m aware Lady Gaga and Xtina are available, but I had to draw the line at some point :haha:

Since the idea is that each coach can draft 3 artists, I might only allow one artists from the Top 51-100, and the rest would have to be more original/ lesser known artists (basically artists that are not considered mainstream work fine)

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

And again, I would love the cast to be varied, so I will encourage the coaches to draft 3 clearly different artists. I don’t want a Top 24 filled with  pop artists.

Whitney is more R&B, as in one of the main inspirations of all of the R&B powerhouses we have on Idol and The Voice (including JHud) lol 😂

37 minutes ago, Daillon said:

And again, I would love the cast to be varied, so I will encourage the coaches to draft 3 clearly different artists. I don’t want a Top 24 filled with  pop artists.

Of course! 😀

• 2 weeks later...