The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I´m assuming they´re referring to Bryan Bautista. He sang "Promise" by Romeo Santos, which is a bachata song, and he got PV that week.

The thing is, that song is in Spanglish, and it has Usher in it, and he takes care of the English part. 

Edited by Misirlou

17 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Bryan Bautista from season 10?

Yes, they are definitely referring to him. 

I looked up, he Indeed sang a "latin song", he sang a song by Romeo Santos, and survived that week.

Edit: in fact, he sang a good part of the song in the spanish 

The only difference is that that week there was a bottom two, and this time, there will be a bottom three, so, singing in spanish would be a bigger risk this time

Edited by Gustavo527

Happened to check out past pages of the thread where we first got the spoilers, and this was a general train of thought:

• Utter fawning over Wendy, including many expecting her to be the winner. Wouldn´t imagine that she would become divisive on the show for IDF after the hype she got pre-season.
  • Carson was a big threat and the snowflake killer of the season.
  • Girl Named Tom was not gonna go very far because of anti-groupers and Kelly likely dropping them. If anything , The Joy Reunion would be the trio of the season due to being country.
  • The pov woman was gonna be a finalist... just because of source feedback lol.
  • Ryleigh was Ari´s frontrunner.
  • @Teraginn was struggling to find a good male and there was a chance he´d end up snowflakeless this season.
  • John´s team was weak and gave S14 Team Adam vibes.

Top 10 members like Paris, Hailey, Joshua, and Jim and Sasha were non-existent at that point.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Happened to check out past pages of the thread where we first got the spoilers, and this was a general train of thought:

• Utter fawning over Wendy, including many expecting her to be the winner. Wouldn´t imagine that she would become divisive on the show for IDF after the hype she got pre-season.
  • Girl Named Tom was not gonna go very far because of anti-groupers and Kelly likely dropping them. If anything , The Joy Reunion would be the trio of the season due to being country.
  • @Teraginn was struggling to find a good male and there was a chance he´d end up snowflakeless this season.

when everyone comes back to wendy this week 😄😄😄😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pauwis said:

Have anyone ever covered something by Scorpions?

Nobody. Still Lovin You seems to be done a lot in foreign versions, but it’s never been sung in the USA. I have a feeling that the Scorpions are more popular in other countries than the USA, since they are originally from Germany

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Top 10 members like Paris, Hailey, Joshua, and Jim and Sasha were non-existent at that point.

My take on these

I definitely expected Wendy to be a bigger snowflake during the season. I was shocked that she eventually missed my T3 in rankings, and got beaten by Jershika

I wanted to see GNT make it far on the show, but I didn’t think I would want them to win

I remember it took until the last confirmed chair turner for MJ to find a snowflake

I was definitely expecting Ryleigh to be better received than she was

John had 4 team members listed under spoilers, and none of them made the Lives

People always get scared of the country males preseason, and a lot of them don’t even go very far (Cam Spinks, Ethan Lively post-battles, Carson Peters). Even Tanner, Pete and Peedy were expected to be snowflake killers and couldn’t even survive playoffs

Some of these singers definitely did not live up to expectations, and others definitely exceeded them (It was mainly the ringers/previous talent show contestants, at least for me, considering I watched them more preseason).

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Gotta love the Voice gods, they came for your boy in the very last minute on Reveal Day with Joshua! 

If they are not half-assing the Top 10 week (it appears they are not, at least for the ones I know about), then I wonder who will get country songs (apart from Wendy being speculated). Minivan probably wouldn´t see it as pandering or whatever, since the theme of the week is to change genres.

It would actually be smart for some people to go country this week I feel.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

If they are not half-assing the Top 10 week (it appears they are not, at least for the ones I know about), then I wonder who will get country songs (apart from Wendy being speculated). Minivan probably wouldn´t see it as pandering or whatever, since the theme of the week is to change genres.

It would actually be smart for some people to go country this week I feel.

Given that Kelly’s is Hailey’s coach, I think that is the most likely. However, “You Say” would be a slam dunk for her, based on her Instagram cover. The third possibility is a Spanish song. If she goes that route, she is putting her desire to do that on the show over votes, which contestants sometimes do. 

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Given that Kelly’s is Hailey’s coach, I think that is the most likely. However, “You Say” would be a slam dunk for her, based on her Instagram cover. The third possibility is a Spanish song. If she goes that route, she is putting her desire to do that on the show over votes, which contestants sometimes do. 

If it´s country for Hailey, probably some old school Taylor Swift might serve her. I don´t think Kelly would really push her into doing a more traditional country song, since she knows that´s not who she is.

As for a Spanish song, it wouldn´t surprise me if she pulled that one out. Same goes for Jeremy.

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If it´s country for Hailey, probably some old school Taylor Swift might serve her. I don´t think Kelly would really push her into doing a more traditional country song, since she knows that´s not who she is.

As for a Spanish song, it wouldn´t surprise me if she pulled that one out. Same goes for Jeremy.

Oh yeah, I’m going through her first two albums right now, and there is a treasure trove of songs that fit her. Would that be much different than singing an Olivia Rodrigo song? I don’t think so. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I hope Hailey would like her song either way, but "You Say" could change the game and really lock her in the Top 3 at the very least. 

Idk what Kelly wants to do with Jeremy, but I'm hoping its better than his past couple weeks. I want him back to BA level. He needs more country.

Wendy needs to do country, even if its kind of a mix like "IWALY" That got her the best reception so far in the lives.

Holly doing upbeat is best now, rather than next week when a Finale spot is on the line.

• Like 1