The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

32 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, I have to give props to the steals of the season. We have 4 of them in the Top 10, and they are rubbing salt in the wound of their past coaches.

To be fair, the contestants Jershika and Holly lost to in Kelly's team are still in the competition (one possibly winning the whole thing), so I don't think she's that hurt about it. Same for John, although it probably hurts a bit more because Paris has better chances than Jershika does at the moment (whether Paris would still have good chances if he'd stayed in John's team, that's another story...).

Ariana though... She probably cries herself to sleep every night seeing how well Hailey's doing 😂

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Also, I have to give props to the steals of the season. We have 4 of them in the Top 10, and they are rubbing salt in the wound of their past coaches.

Kelly, I don't believe, is affected by them; she got her best top four. From the blinds, it appears that she adores Hailey, GNT, Jeremy, and Gymani, and she got each of them in Top 13.

3 minutes ago, Arsh said:

Kelly, I don't believe, is affected by them; she got her best top four. From the blinds, it appears that she adores Hailey, GNT, Jeremy, and Gymani, and she got each of them in Top 13.

26 minutes ago, kforreal said:

To be fair, the contestants Jershika and Holly lost to in Kelly's team are still in the competition (one possibly winning the whole thing), so I don't think she's that hurt about it. Same for John, although it probably hurts a bit more because Paris has better chances than Jershika does at the moment (whether Paris would still have good chances if he'd stayed in John's team, that's another story...).

Ariana though... She probably cries herself to sleep every night seeing how well Hailey's doing 😂

I´m not neccesarily talking about votes, but the fact that they have delivered despite being let go by their past coaches. Jershika made Kelly cry last week, and John is constantly being reminded of his mistake of giving up Paris, plus he has expressed regret as well.

But if we´re talking about votes, then yeah, Ariana would be the most affected by letting Hailey go. John probably too, since Paris is a possible finalist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m not neccesarily talking about votes, but the fact that they have delivered despite being let go by their past coaches. Jershika made Kelly cry last week, and John is constantly being reminded of his mistake of giving up Paris, plus he has expressed regret as well.

But if we´re talking about votes, then yeah, Ariana would be the most affected by letting Hailey go. John probably too, since Paris is a possible finalist.

i agreed with everything except that Paris's journey is because he's Team Blake. I don't know if I would be a finalist with John ..

• Like 2

Ariana didn’t have a normal childhood, and maybe didn’t have normal friendships. So I wonder if her fascination with all of the 20-something pop singers on her team was out of desire to have normal friendships with like-minded females close to her age. I could be all wet here, but it’s something that has crossed my mind many times. 

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Ariana didn’t have a normal childhood, and maybe didn’t have normal friendships. So I wonder if her fascination with all of the 20-something pop singers on her team was out of desire to have normal friendships with like-minded females close to her age. I could be all wet here, but it’s something that has crossed my mind many times. 

I also noticed this. She obviously see the members of her team as close friends, since she takes photos with them and hangs out with them a lot. I haven't seen any other coach do this to that degree.

Ariana this season reminds me a bit of the early voice seasons when they used to have the contestants over for cook outs and such. Ariana is young, and doesn't have kids, plus it's her first season. Blake and Carson have been doing it for a while, and they all have kids now

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Ariana this season reminds me a bit of the early voice seasons when they used to have the contestants over for cook outs and such. Ariana is young, and doesn't have kids, plus it's her first season. Blake and Carson have been doing it for a while, and they all have kids now

Pretty much, I remember the coaches bringing the contestants to their houses and such when they first started. They used to be a lot closer with them since it was the beggining, and they didn´t have as much in their hands as now.

From the social media of a couple of voice band members, they had yesterday off, but in consequence, this will be a REALLY REALLY long day. They have rehearsal and studio recording. Nate (drummer) stated that last year this day started at 10am, and wrapped at 4am. They are currently at Henson.

• Like 1

Also, Jim, the instrument saviant, being stripped out of one during the IS, is another confirmation that no instruments are allowed there anymore.

But it doesnt really make much of a difference this season. The only other person that has consistently played an instrument during every performance is Caleb from GNT, and these guys are not hitting the bottom any time soon.

I’m not about to sit here and pretend Ariana has been a flawless coach, but I do admire how much she seems to genuinely care for her team and wants to see them succeed - it’s refreshing, especially from someone who is such a big deal in the modern music industry. It definitely helps that she’s the youngest on the panel and doesn’t have kids of her own (which allows her more free time than the other three coaches to hang out with and get to know her artists on a more personal level), but I think regardless of that she’d be invested emotionally into her team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

ummmm sir??? LMAO. Ariana has many friends celebs and family friends to hang out with lol…it’s just her being genuine. But go off LMAO

I’m sure she does have celeb friends. I said “normal people.” 😂 

I don’t know her backstory very well, but it’s not easy to be in the public eye for as long as she has, apparently starting when she was in her mid-teens. It would be normal for her to crave a slice of normalcy from time to time. She’ll never be able to know what that is like. 

This wasn’t intended to be taken this seriously. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I’m sure she does have celeb friends. I said “normal people.” 😂 

I don’t know her backstory very well, but it’s not easy to be in the public eye for as long as she has, apparently starting when she was in her mid-teens. It would be normal for her to crave a slice of normalcy from time to time. She’ll never be able to know what that is like. 

This wasn’t intended to be taken this seriously. 

trust me she has “normal” genuine friendships a lot actually. That aren’t as public as her relationship with other celebs. I just took it as you saying that her genuineness is only because of her thirst for normal relationships. Which is kinda weird lol because she has normal relationships 😭 but the average person who isn’t a fan of her wouldn’t know that so. Cant kill ya 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jus.willy said:

trust me she has “normal” genuine friendships a lot actually. That aren’t as public as her relationship with other celebs. I just took it as you saying that her genuineness is only because of her thirst for normal relationships. Which is kinda weird lol because she has normal relationships 😭 but the average person who isn’t a fan of her wouldn’t know that so. Cant kill ya 

I was actually referring to how she managed her team this season, basically cleaning everyone out, except for the three 20-something pop singers plus J&S. She clearly had more of a connection with Raquel, Bella and Ryleigh, and that likely  played a role in her decisions. Most coaches attempt to diversify their team a little more than that. Now, she has J&S and an artist she stole from Kelly, and we’re barely into the live rounds. 

• Like 2