Jump to content

The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

I think her speech didnt seem very enthusiastic. Like "eh hopefully they vote you through but if not you can come on my show or whatever" She's doing something right though because she still has three artists and has gotten JEremy farther than on Idol when J lo was in his  corner

I think Kelly knew that Gymani's chances in the competition were slim, having been in the Instant Save twice now, so she was probably already preparing herself for the chance that her time was over.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I think her speech didnt seem very enthusiastic. Like "eh hopefully they vote you through but if not you can come on my show or whatever" She's doing something right though because she still has three artists and has gotten JEremy farther than on Idol when J lo was in his  corner


It just reflected the reality that they probably don’t want one coach having 4 contestants in the top 10, or potentially the top 8. The song choice reflected that too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw this Wendy quote and thought I’d share it here. It must be one hell of a grind for her to say that. 
 

—-

 

Wendy said of her Thanksgiving plans: I hope to catch up on some sleep and downtime. This pace is so fast. I've been in the music business 35 years and I've never been on this kind of pace. I was like, 'Oh, my gosh. I don't think I can handle it.' Not at this pace, so I plan on getting some sleep. That's my goal. And to be thankful for this experience and thankful that I'm here.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I saw this Wendy quote and thought I’d share it here. It must be one hell of a grind for her to say that. 
 

—-

 

Wendy said of her Thanksgiving plans: I hope to catch up on some sleep and downtime. This pace is so fast. I've been in the music business 35 years and I've never been on this kind of pace. I was like, 'Oh, my gosh. I don't think I can handle it.' Not at this pace, so I plan on getting some sleep. That's my goal. And to be thankful for this experience and thankful that I'm here.

The show is physically and emotionally draining. And its true, if the continuing weeks move fast for us imagine how they do for the artists. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The show is physically and emotionally draining. And its true, if the continuing weeks move fast for us imagine how they do for the artists. 


Which is why they shouldn’t be checking out the social media comments and IDF to see what people think of their performances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The show is physically and emotionally draining. And its true, if the continuing weeks move fast for us imagine how they do for the artists. 


imagine how much more draining it would be if the outside world actually cared about the show. There would be more press and photo ops to deal with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jus.willy said:


Now Audra….


Honestly? Ariana kind of blends into the background on the show. She does not have a big personality. I like her, she’s very nice, but she’s totally overshadowed by Kelly and Blake on the show. Notice I left out John. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Honestly? Ariana kind of blends into the background on the show. She does not have a big personality. I like her, she’s very nice, but she’s totally overshadowed by Kelly and Blake on the show. Notice I left out John. 


 

ok lol but you said Kelly is more engaged into the show than Ariana??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jus.willy said:


and what made you come to that conclusion?


Becuse I watch the show every week. I’m assuming you’re referring to personal stuff off camera. I’m talking about what viewers see, and what affects the voting behavior of the public. Kelly is killing it with that this season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TeamAudra said:


Becuse I watch the show every week. I’m assuming you’re referring to personal stuff off camera. I’m talking about what viewers see, and what affects the voting behavior of the public. Kelly is killing it with that this season.  


really? Lol I’m referring to on and off. But ok to each it’s own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Ariana just knows her place both as a femme fatale woman the casuals are not likely to insta-embrace + the new kid on the block. Kelly just has this larger-than-life personality that allowed her to fit in right away, but most new coaches don't go all out on their first time. Don't think this has anything to do with Ariana's investment or anything, she clearly looks very emotional and attached to all her people (I noticed that even in the battles).

Edited by Weirdoo
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

I think Ariana just knows her place both as a femme fatale woman the casuals are not likely to insta-embrace + the new kid on the block. Kelly just has this larger-than-life personality that allowed her to fit in right away, but most new coaches don't go all out on their first time. Don't think this has anything to do with Ariana's investment or anything, she clearly looks very emotional and attached to all her people (I noticed that even in the battles).

Only exception to this personality-wise that I can think of is JHud.

I think if Ariana comes back next year (which I'm not 100% sure will happen bc of the price tag, but it's still a possibility), she'd be a lot more confident. And even with her sloppy decision making this season, I really do want her back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jus.willy said:


no but me too lowkey 

Highkey! She's brought the most fun to the panel since the producers blessed us with a season of Kelly/JHud interactions. And of course her interactions with her contestants and social media have made it worth it alone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

I think Ariana just knows her place both as a femme fatale woman the casuals are not likely to insta-embrace + the new kid on the block. Kelly just has this larger-than-life personality that allowed her to fit in right away, but most new coaches don't go all out on their first time. Don't think this has anything to do with Ariana's investment or anything, she clearly looks very emotional and attached to all her people (I noticed that even in the battles).


That’s fair, and I agree. The conversation sort of went off track, but it all started with someone not thinking Kelly was engaged as a coach this season, because she didn’t give a strong enough speech for Gymani last night. Somehow it ended up in a Kelly vs. Ariana debate. Oh, well. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Highkey! She's brought the most fun to the panel since the producers blessed us with a season of Kelly/JHud interactions. And of course her interactions with her contestants and social media have made it worth it alone.


alllll of thisssss!! She was an awesome addition to the show!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


That’s fair, and I agree. The conversation sort of went off track, but it all started with someone not thinking Kelly was engaged as a coach this season, because she didn’t give a strong enough speech for Gymani last night. Somehow it ended up in a Kelly vs. Ariana debate. Oh, well. 

I thought the speech was generic but what else could she have said considering she's in the bottom again without really deserving to? Nothing much to do ig

 

51 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Only exception to this personality-wise that I can think of is JHud.

I think if Ariana comes back next year (which I'm not 100% sure will happen bc of the price tag, but it's still a possibility), she'd be a lot more confident. And even with her sloppy decision making this season, I really do want her back.

 

I.... completely forgot JHud has been a coach LOL you're right. I really want her back as well, I don't know if I can attribute this entirely to her, but this season somewhat gave me an old-school/golden days vibe (which is why I'm trying to follow it) that I haven't felt in quite a long time, and I think Ariana's enthusiasm and relationship with her contestants was what reminded me of what the show lost the past few seasons, which was making us viewers feel connected to the contestants and not the coaches. 

 

Personally, I didn't get attached to any contestants after all, but that was just me. A lot of friends of mine who also tried to start following the show again did, when they haven't been able to get attached to anyone in the last few years, and I think that says something about the energy Ari was able to bring to the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the show was hurt more by the shortened seasons 18-20 and the covid protocols where I wonder if is season feels fresh due to having 6 weeks of lives or a new coach.  I don’t think she adds as much and ratings are sliding.  Her talent as a singer is unmatched.

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...