The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Becuse I watch the show every week. I’m assuming you’re referring to personal stuff off camera. I’m talking about what viewers see, and what affects the voting behavior of the public. Kelly is killing it with that this season.  

really? Lol I’m referring to on and off. But ok to each it’s own.

I think Ariana just knows her place both as a femme fatale woman the casuals are not likely to insta-embrace + the new kid on the block. Kelly just has this larger-than-life personality that allowed her to fit in right away, but most new coaches don't go all out on their first time. Don't think this has anything to do with Ariana's investment or anything, she clearly looks very emotional and attached to all her people (I noticed that even in the battles).

Edited by Weirdoo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

I think Ariana just knows her place both as a femme fatale woman the casuals are not likely to insta-embrace + the new kid on the block. Kelly just has this larger-than-life personality that allowed her to fit in right away, but most new coaches don't go all out on their first time. Don't think this has anything to do with Ariana's investment or anything, she clearly looks very emotional and attached to all her people (I noticed that even in the battles).

Only exception to this personality-wise that I can think of is JHud.

I think if Ariana comes back next year (which I'm not 100% sure will happen bc of the price tag, but it's still a possibility), she'd be a lot more confident. And even with her sloppy decision making this season, I really do want her back.

• Like 1

Just now, jus.willy said:

no but me too lowkey 

Highkey! She's brought the most fun to the panel since the producers blessed us with a season of Kelly/JHud interactions. And of course her interactions with her contestants and social media have made it worth it alone.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

That’s fair, and I agree. The conversation sort of went off track, but it all started with someone not thinking Kelly was engaged as a coach this season, because she didn’t give a strong enough speech for Gymani last night. Somehow it ended up in a Kelly vs. Ariana debate. Oh, well. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Highkey! She's brought the most fun to the panel since the producers blessed us with a season of Kelly/JHud interactions. And of course her interactions with her contestants and social media have made it worth it alone.

alllll of thisssss!! She was an awesome addition to the show!!

44 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s fair, and I agree. The conversation sort of went off track, but it all started with someone not thinking Kelly was engaged as a coach this season, because she didn’t give a strong enough speech for Gymani last night. Somehow it ended up in a Kelly vs. Ariana debate. Oh, well. 

I thought the speech was generic but what else could she have said considering she's in the bottom again without really deserving to? Nothing much to do ig

51 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Only exception to this personality-wise that I can think of is JHud.

I think if Ariana comes back next year (which I'm not 100% sure will happen bc of the price tag, but it's still a possibility), she'd be a lot more confident. And even with her sloppy decision making this season, I really do want her back.

I.... completely forgot JHud has been a coach LOL you're right. I really want her back as well, I don't know if I can attribute this entirely to her, but this season somewhat gave me an old-school/golden days vibe (which is why I'm trying to follow it) that I haven't felt in quite a long time, and I think Ariana's enthusiasm and relationship with her contestants was what reminded me of what the show lost the past few seasons, which was making us viewers feel connected to the contestants and not the coaches. 

Personally, I didn't get attached to any contestants after all, but that was just me. A lot of friends of mine who also tried to start following the show again did, when they haven't been able to get attached to anyone in the last few years, and I think that says something about the energy Ari was able to bring to the table.

I think the show was hurt more by the shortened seasons 18-20 and the covid protocols where I wonder if is season feels fresh due to having 6 weeks of lives or a new coach.  I don’t think she adds as much and ratings are sliding.  Her talent as a singer is unmatched.

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
  • Like 1

If anything, Kelly should be the most engaged considering she has acts that are locks or are going far 😂 I agree that the speech was more low-key and accepting of Gymani's fate given back to back IS and she had to save her too, at POs.

As for Ariana--hindsight is 20/20. As a first-time coach with an entirely different audience from The Voice, she's not doing well, but on her overall merits as a coach I'd have to see at least 2 seasons of her in it + how her team fares outside of the show.

I see her as the type of coach I'd like to see come on every few years or so. She clearly develops emotional connections with everyone on the cast as the show goes on, and I like seeing that. 

Kelly´s speech to Gymani was more of " She´s already going home, so who cares, I´ll help her later either way" to me. She already has GNT as the main frontrunner, and Hailey, who has been on an upward trayectory. That´s it. I´m sure it wasn´t a lack of engagement.

TPTB didn´t want a coach to have 4 people on the Top 10, and the new coach to only have 1, so they did what they had to do. Unfair, but we´ve been knew.

11 minutes ago, graphite_ said:

If anything, Kelly should be the most engaged considering she has acts that are locks or are going far 😂 

she’s the most engaged because her acts are locks going far? Lol make it make sense… Is that Kelly’s fault or the acts fault? 

i didn’t know your acts being safe means your the most engaged but ok🌚

domt get me wrong I love Kelly and how she is on the show, I just don’t think she’s the most engaged 

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I saw this Wendy quote and thought I’d share it here. It must be one hell of a grind for her to say that. 

—-

Wendy said of her Thanksgiving plans: I hope to catch up on some sleep and downtime. This pace is so fast. I've been in the music business 35 years and I've never been on this kind of pace. I was like, 'Oh, my gosh. I don't think I can handle it.' Not at this pace, so I plan on getting some sleep. That's my goal. And to be thankful for this experience and thankful that I'm here.

This brings me to have a lot of respect for Jim. He's the same age and also has to learn guitar chords and from what I understand helps arrange but yet he always seem happy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

she’s the most engaged because her acts are locks going far? Lol make it make sense… Is that Kelly’s fault or the acts fault? 

i didn’t know your acts being safe means your the most engaged but ok🌚

domt get me wrong I love Kelly and how she is on the show, I just don’t think she’s the most engaged 

Oh, that's not how I meant it to come across. I meant it in a joking sense -- she'll likely have multiple acts until the end so presumably a lot more of her time and effort is going into the show. Aka "most engaged". I meant nothing more than that. I'm also not drawing comparisons, exactly.

Also this was more of a joking response to the implication that she isn't engaged anymore just because of one speech she delivered for Gymani.

Edited by graphite_
Wrong wording

5 minutes ago, sneaky said:

This brings me to have a lot of respect for Jim. He's the same age and also has to learn guitar chords and from what I understand helps arrange but yet he always seem happy.

Jim has a perpetual smiling face on whereas Sasha always looks like he's shitting himself next to him. 😂 I think it's wholesome how supportive and positive he is about this experience. And he may not be a strong vocalist but he is definitely a talented musician. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, graphite_ said:

Oh, that's not how I meant it to come across. I meant it in a joking sense -- she'll likely have multiple acts until the end so presumably a lot more of her time and effort is going into the show. Aka "most engaged". I meant nothing more than that. I'm also not drawing comparisons, exactly.

Also this was more of a joking response to the implication that she isn't engaged anymore just because of one speech she delivered for Gymani.

lol after I sent my reply I said to myself “wait maybe they were just joking”🤣

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They gave Gymani "Tell Me Something Good". It´s a good song, but not for an Instant Save. 

True, I guess they can’t give 2 good songs back to back. Igl I’d say it was pretty fair. I think if Gymani hadn’t messed up twice she would’ve slayed that.

Edited by jus.willy

I’m wondering what percentage of Kelly’s talk show audience watches the Voice? If there’s a significant crossover, that should give her an advantage. She didn’t win any of the last three seasons, but she didn’t really have potential winners on her team other than Kenzie, and he wasn’t consistent enough. Facebook didn’t even like him, and he still finished in 2nd. 

hey y’all! just dropping in to say that i am officially unstanning Wendy and Jershika! in the past 2 weeks, i have lost Shadale, Gymani, and not one, not two, not three, BUT ALL FOUR of my favs on Survivor… i have come to the conclusion that the problem is ME!!!! therefore, for the sake of Wendy and Jershika, this is officially a Carson Daly stan account moving forward!

• Like 2
  • Haha 20