The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

28 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I've seen her fans voting for Gymani though and the stream I was in full of Arianators were leaning more towards voting Gymani

Yeah, those fans have hated Jim & Sasha, especially Sasha, practically from jump.  I don't get why.

33 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Literally idk who voted for J&S majority of the comments on all platforms are saying it should’ve been Gymani. Maybe Arianas acting classes paid off and she was able to persuade her fans?

I will say there is going to be a bit of data bias there. Those who voted for Gymani and are on those platforms are rightly going to be vocal. But in the Venn diagram of voters, there is going to be a segment who may have genuinely liked J&S but aren't active on social media. Likely these are casual cable viewers. 

I do believe the margin wasn't that wide, and that if they'd extended voting a bit more, maybe Gymani would have overtaken J&S. 

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Yeah, those fans have hated Jim & Sasha, especially Sasha, practically from jump.  I don't get why.

Oh boy. I like to track The Voice tweets, and I remember seeing the sentiment progression on Twitter. The first reason being that their genre just doesn't match with Ariana fans' tastes (who are likely to appreciate Pop and R&B more). They disliked all the males in her team excluding Vaughn. Then part of it was them saying Sasha was using the trans card, then devolved to Sasha apparently not being a fan of Ariana/using her fans (people keep saying there's proof but no one actually links said proof lol), he's a Swiftie and Swifties are apparently the enemies (I was surprised to find this out), and reached its peak when he broadcasted his laryngitis as they felt he was getting pity votes. Now it's just gone to truly picking him apart for his interactions with Ariana.

In summary: Don't like the genre, got through over their faves, don't recognize his and his dad's musical talent, thinks he's manipulative because of his social media tone and interactions, etc. Also there are internal catfights between those who dislike J&S, and those who do, because the former is accusing the latter of just wanting a notice from Ariana via Sasha.

For the record, I did check his profile to parse whatever it was they were up in arms about. I think Sasha just has a loud Twitter personality, is impulsive, will go far for jokes, but ultimately doesn't mean any harm. At this point though they'll take offense over every little thing he does or says, a lot of times on Ariana's behalf. I can acknowledge the preferences (i.e. their criticisms that there are better vocalists), it's just in the past couple weeks it's started looking like a smear campaign against his personhood. Every tweet he makes is scrutinized. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jus.willy said:

Literally idk who voted for J&S majority of the comments on all platforms are saying it should’ve been Gymani. Maybe Arianas acting classes paid off and she was able to persuade her fans?

I highly doubt that. 

I can’t believe so many people are up in arms over this. We’re literally talking about the difference between 9th-11th place, and both instant save performances sucked. 

• Like 9

I'm surprised Kelly didnt fight more for Gymani. I think it was Ariana's tears that put Jim and Sasha over the top. Kelly doesnt seem nearly as engaged in the show anymore to be honest. Hopefully she doesn't turn into the new Adam.

19 minutes ago, pauwis said:

- Do we know which artists will perform during the night of results?

You mean this coming week? There was some speculation that Carter is performing because he did a story counting down to a flight this weekend with the 👀 emoji

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I highly doubt that. 

I can’t believe so many people are up in arms over this. We’re literally talking about the difference between 9th-11th place, and both instant save performances sucked. 

Agreed. I’d go as far as saying that this was the worst IS competition in the history of the show.

The audience was just a little bit more done with Gymani than with Jim & Sasha.

They’ve been voting her down since the POs.

J&S are out next week for sure. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I'm surprised Kelly didnt fight more for Gymani. I think it was Ariana's tears that put Jim and Sasha over the top. Kelly doesnt seem nearly as engaged in the show anymore to be honest. Hopefully she doesn't turn into the new Adam.

I’m not sure where that’s coming from. She seems more engaged to me than any of the other coaches, including the rookie. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 5

This is season has been Kelly's for sure, she has killed it as a coach,and it will likely conclude with a GNT victory. She picked up a killer team from blinds, stole a possible contender, and overall her and her team have all have been making the right moves. Sadly Gymani just wasnt liked by Minivan, but apart from that IS, she remained consistent.

Blake, as usual, got his fanbase doing the work, even if they are not crazy about his team as they usually are. Still, he's still exceeding at what he does best: Selling his people. I dont think anybody can beat him in that regard. All of his teammates for the most part have been given decent treatment.

John still has me mad for the Samuel situation, but he cultivated a great Top 2 that has been showing up every week. I'd love for him to have a finalist, even if its a long shot. Perhaps it could be possible with it being 5 people, we'll see. Overall decent job.

Ariana is sweet and caring about her contestants but she has made some serious mistakes as a whole, and its clear that she doesnt get how the show works. She still might have a finalist, since TPTB will likely push hard.for Holly and for her to not be left out, but as a whole, a pretty meh first coach run. I'm sure she'll help her people of the show though, so that's great.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not sure where that’s coming from. She seem more engaged to me than any of the other coaches, including the rookie. 

Agreed like... besides that,  Kelly has been super excited about her team all season?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Agreed like... besides that,  Kelly has been super excited about her team all season?

I’d go as far to say she’s the most engaged she’s been in several seasons. Of course, that’s easier to do when she has the frontrunner and a child prodigy on her team (she lives for that). 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, jem128 said:

You mean this coming week? There was some speculation that Carter is performing because he did a story counting down to a flight this weekend with the 👀 emoji

I thought of him! but maybe they want to leave it for the semis

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

And IG keeps coming after Lana. Either way, no matter how she did this week, good or bad, they'd still hate her because she's country.

Well, that doesn’t seem to correlate to votes, so it’s pointless at this point. 😅 She has been crushing it. 😌

• Like 1

As per usual we're taking Facebook way too seriously. We've been knew that a vocal minority in SM always complains about this kind of elimination but they are insignificant compared to the casual viewers that ultimately decide who's staying. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

I think it makes sense why Ariana would put up more of a fight than Kelly. Kelly already had three acts in the Top 10 and Ariana only had one. Not to mention, Kelly probably has the winner on her team, and another act that is now a finale lock

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Well, that doesn’t seem to correlate to votes, so it’s pointless at this point. 😅 She has been crushing it. 😌

Hopefully she stays away from SM comments since she's polarizing on every platform. 

At the end of the day the public has kept her safe so she should enjoy and take comfort in that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, echoap said:

As per usual we're taking Facebook way too seriously. We've been knew that a vocal minority in SM always complains about this kind of elimination but they are insignificant compared to the casual viewers that ultimately decide who's staying. 

At this point FB is useful for educated guesses and a number of flop ones, but at the same time, as you know it, it has been the most accurate SM platform for this show, so we can't help but check what's going on over there.

But of course indeed, wbk that the overall stats doesnt equal the amount of votes, so I'll be taking next week's stats with a grain of salt. Things should get interesting now.

54 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

She's always excited about her team until she faces reality :haha:.

The Voice gods have been kind to her this season so she better enjoys the heck out of this, because next season she might go back to having only one finalist thanks to Team quotas 😂

Edited by echoap

1 minute ago, echoap said:

She's always excited about her team until she faces reality 😂.

The Voice gods have been kind to her this season so she better enjoys the heck out of this, because next season she might go back to having only one finalist thanks to Team quotas :haha: 

What makes you think they will bring back team quotas?

37 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

And IG keeps coming after Lana. Either way, no matter how she did this week, good or bad, they'd still hate her because she's country.

I'm thinking now it's a mistake to count Lana out.  If she gets something that suits her very specific country sound and Blake calls out the troups for the only country artist left, she could hang around.  I wonder if traditional country and pop country count as different genres for switch week? lol