The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Jeremy is singing a song “like nothing he’s ever done before” next week. Seems like basic protocol for genre twist week. :haha:

Well at least we know they are doing the genre switch thing indeed.

Probably some rock?

Edited by Misirlou

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Jeremy is singing a song “like nothing he’s ever done before” next week. Seems like basic protocol for genre twist week. :haha:

Praying for a mega bus like Old Town Road so that he and Jim and Sasha get sent packing instead of Lana 🙏

The racism is really leaping out of some folks tonight. Just had a Talk with a J&S stan who said Gymani sounded "like a screeching animal" and "a dead horse." By Talk I meant I went fully off. And not minivans jumping on Wendy for having an accident. I'm so glad I'm not on the side of Facebook where those people are because they'd be calling the cops on me for extreme cyberbullying 😭😭

This show stresses me out so much, but see y'all next week 😭

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Praying for a mega bus like Old Town Road so that he and Jim and Sasha get sent packing instead of Lana 🙏

Because Jeremy and Lana are on a team with three participants each, they will be bussed if TPTB wish to achieve balance among all the teams with two candidates in the top eight.

I don't see TPTB busing GNT, Hailey, Wendy, or Paris.

Just now, Arsh said:

Because Jeremy and Lana are on a team with three participants each, they will be bussed if TPTB wish to achieve balance among all the teams with two candidates in the top eight.

Unless Minivan forgets that Sasha is trans (which to be fair, they honestly very realistically might), I don't see a world in which they don't go home. Jeremy, Lana, or anyone else that could end up in the Bottom 3 are all more consistent than Jim and Sasha and much less likely to falter under pressure, so I don't see Jim and Sasha getting saved due to having the best performance and with a lack of Minivan and Arianator support, I don't see them getting through based on their fanbase. 

Ok, tonight was a mess, in every sense. I think i'm gonna take a rest from every social media related to the show during the next few days because i'm exhausted of some of these awful comments.

Maybe i should stop taking this show so seriously. It's just a simple TV show, after all. Right? 

Congratulations to the Top 10; and don't worry Gymani, you have a great future ahead of you. You are extremely talented, this is just the beggining for you😉

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There are some real whack jobs on Facebook. Probably at least 10-20% of them. I can’t believe they say stuff like that under their real name, so all of their friends and relatives can see how much of an a**hole they are. 

That's assuming their friends and family aren't cut out of the same cloth as they are.

11 minutes ago, Arsh said:

I was actually thinking this. Seems like they want balanced footing.

Reading through this thread and seeing the results, here are my thoughts:

I personally would have picked Gymani over Jim and Sasha. But even Jim and Sasha have had some good performances, and given next week is challenge week, I am curious what they will do next.

It is fine for people to vote for Gymani and Jim and Sasha if it’s based off of talent, but not if it is based off of Sasha being trasngender. The same thing could be said about voting for Jim and Sasha because they are white and/or male.

As for Sasha’s statement at the end, whether it is political or not, it is not intended to harm; rather, it’s intended to protect transgender people and their rights. They still face legitimate discrimination that I do not face due to being gender-conforming. I would say the same thing if Gymani said “Black Lives Matter” at the end of her performance. Free speech is okay as long as it doesn’t infringe upon other human rights.

As for the Wendy issue, I am glad she is okay. I was worried about her due to her age, plus I did not see the fall until I looked at YouTube. And people on Facebook saying that she was trying to get attention really need to stfu. I probably need to delete my FB account.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Unless Minivan forgets that Sasha is trans (which to be fair, they honestly very realistically might), I don't see a world in which they don't go home.

They forgot it for weeks, since it was never brought up on the show except for two times: before their Blind, and before their performance last night.

12 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Any hate and trash talk toward Wendy is beyond my comprehension. Jershika and Gymani, too, for that matter.  They're all wildly talented. I get that everyone has their favs stylistically and with song choices and that some folks still just want to root for traditional amateurs, despite TV's decision not to draw that line.  But Wendy's one of my own favs ever - crazy talented, great personality and performer, just the whole package. It's heartbreaking for me to see this stuff.

Yes, it is. Most casual viewers only watch The Voice or the posted videos. Few people take the time to go beyond that to learn anything about the artists. If they did, they would realize how funny, sweet, and appreciative Wendy is.

(I'm commenting late because I've been AFK today.)

• Like 2

So happy Wendy is ok, she can put the hater's to sleep next week when she slays. Secondly i doubt highly that the TPTB would let any of these contestan'ts say BLM on air. They need to appear like law abiding, covid/woke mob mentality citizens. 

The feedback on the save results video on FB seems to be disappointed but otherwise pretty tame. At least I didn't see anything immediately gross/transphobic/vitriolic towards Sasha except for a couple comment complaining about him using the "trans card"

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

The feedback on the save results video on FB seems to be disappointed but otherwise pretty tame. At least I didn't see anything immediately gross/transphobic/vitriolic towards Sasha except for a couple comment complaining about him using the "trans card"

i saw more comments laughing at wendy for falling then sasha for his comment :dead:

• Sad 1

Paris seems excited about his song for next week. He said something along the lines of it is something some of you have been asking for and also that he thinks it will be his favorite performance (he clarified he doesn’t usually any of them are his favorite because he picks them apart) and that it will be fun. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Paris seems excited about his song for next week. He said something along the lines of it is something some of you have been asking for and also that he thinks it will be his favorite performance (he clarified he doesn’t usually any of them are his favorite because he picks them apart) and that it will be fun. 

Huh...something his fans are asking for. I got on his live and he is just laughing so hard LOL