Jump to content

The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:


Do you mean with what’s left of her team or do you mean a promo slot for herself?

I think both performances tonight will be interesting considering the mix of remaining contestants and coaches. Very curious to see what songs they do. I have trouble thinking either one will live up to the performances from last week but Ariana’s team has the advantage of (presumably) being pre-recorded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

All I know is that if Jershika/Gymani is the B2, IDF will go nuts, and it has the potential to reach Jordan Matthew Young-level meltdowns, since one of them would be eliminated, and the other one would have a tough mountain to climb next week.


A deserved meltdown because neither of them should be in the B2 after last night. But minivan doesn’t like confident artists 🤷🏾‍♀️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Daillon said:


Grammy noms being disappointing? Shocking

Hey, it has some comedy though. Jason Isbell, who says he's not a country artist at every opportunity and puts on some of the best rock shows going, is nominated for best solo country performance for his cover of Johnny Cash's All I Do Is Drive. It was commissioned for Netflix's The Ice Road soundtrack 🙂 I don't think the Grammys much like mainstream country. Jason has four prior wins but all on the roots/Americana side. He seemed surprised. He won't win.

 

I've already seen it reported as Jason Aldean in some stories lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Hey, it has some comedy though. Jason Isbell, who says he's not a country artist at every opportunity and puts on some of the best rock shows going, is nominated for best solo country performance for his cover of Johnny Cash's All I Do Is Drive. It was commissioned for Netflix's The Ice Road soundtrack 🙂 I don't think the Grammys much like mainstream country. Jason has four prior wins but all on the roots/Americana side. He seemed surprised. He won't win.

 

I've already seen it reported as Jason Aldean in some stories lol

Yeah it's a joke. They had Carly Pearce announce some nominations but then completely snubbed her. 29 was one of the best albums of year and any song on their would have been worthy for best song as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah it's a joke. They had Carly Pearce announce some nominations but then completely snubbed her. 29 was one of the best albums of year and any song on their would have been worthy for best song as well.

I was surprised by this! she announced some categories, I assumed she would be nominated

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah it's a joke. They had Carly Pearce announce some nominations but then completely snubbed her. 29 was one of the best albums of year and any song on their would have been worthy for best song as well.

They lost me when they moved Kacey to pop and then snubbed her after claiming she wasn’t “country enough” despite her three previous non-Christmas albums all getting nominated for Best Country Album (and two of them winning it - hell, Golden Hour even won the Album of the Year category).

 

Anyway, back to the show. Hopefully the results tonight are less BS-filled then the Grammy nomination list, but I doubt it.

Edited by VintageVoice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, VintageVoice said:

They lost me when they moved Kacey to pop and then snubbed her after claiming she wasn’t “country enough” despite her three previous albums all getting nominated for Best Country Album (and two of them winning it - hell, Golden Hour even won the Album of the Year category).

 

Anyway, back to the show. Hopefully the results tonight are less BS-filled then the Grammy nomination list, but I doubt it.

Yeah a lot of questionable decisions. But at least she got a couple of noms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah it's a joke. They had Carly Pearce announce some nominations but then completely snubbed her. 29 was one of the best albums of year and any song on their would have been worthy for best song as well.

I'm a longtime fan of Jason (Isbell, not Aldean) but you're right. Carly was deserving. Luke, Kacey, Mickey and Stapleton are nom'd in the category so it wasn't completely off the wall.  Done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the span of less than 24 hours, I’ve gone from wondering whether Hailey can make the finale, to thinking we may be looking at a Team Kelly winner and runner-up this season. We could get more twists and turns, but that’s what it looks like right now. Who could spoil that party at this point? Maybe Holly with her big hometown support? Paris with his Team Blake backing? Wendy, as long as she can overcome the massive negativity? Hmmm…It’s not a long list of people. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

In the span of less than 24 hours, I’ve gone from wondering whether Hailey can make the finale, to thinking we may be looking at a Team Kelly winner and runner-up this season. We could get more twists and turns, but that’s what it looks like right now. Who could spoil that party at this point? Maybe Holly with her big hometown support? Paris with his Team Blake backing? Wendy, as long as she can overcome the massive negativity? Hmmm…It’s not a long list of people. 

It would be hard to believe Blake missing out on the Top 2, for only the potential 3rd time on the show. However if it can happen in S14, I think it could still happen.

 

Still couple more weeks, but I agree. Either way, Kelly has this on lockdown, I don't see Paris or Wendy(RIP) cutting through at this point. Holly can make Finale though, in fact these 5 I could see as the Finalists for this season.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

It would be hard to believe Blake missing out on the Top 2, for only the potential 3rd time on the show. However if it can happen in S14, I think it could still happen.

 

Still couple more weeks, but I agree. Either way, Kelly has this on lockdown, I don't see Paris or Wendy(RIP) cutting through at this point. Holly can make Finale though, in fact these 5 I could see as the Finalists for this season.


Blake has a formidable voting machine backing him, but they will go elsewhere if they don’t like his team. Lots of them are probably already voting for Team Kelly. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, thecarterfilez said:

Y'all really think NBC Producers would allow a Gymani vs Jershika bottom 2 even if they were ? visually..... this won't be a good look for them in this climate and people already saying only certain type of singers excel here..  Jershika had one of , if not the best performance of last night.. I don't care what FB says... if she is bottom 2 after that... something is fundamentally wrong with this show.. let's be all the way real. 

 

even tho I wish this was true (about the producers) I don't think they care at all, we've seen season after season people of color go home week after week in the lives first so. The thing with Jershika is she got a song that's unknown to many and I think that's the reason her views/likes/etc are so low, but I still think she can pull this off. On the other hand, she managed to enter the T200 on iTunes (even tho that means nothing these days).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

At least if we get a Team Kelly winner, she’ll help them get out of the label deal. 

She’s not with Brandon anymore, so who knows if that’s true. I’m also trying to remember if Todd signed with republic. 
 

(Carter & Cam signing with republic actually makes some sense) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...